A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: I'm not evil... Just twisted... [P, Draco and I]

Postby Draco » 05/21/2010 4:20 PM

"Yes, yes, we are all stuck with that boy and his forsaken sword. Now, you sure you ain't one o' them emo kids? You sound like one." With that, he walked over to Sorren, not listening to Storm's protests against that first phrase, and his hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, pulling it closer to him. His grip was surprisingly strong. "Ah. That is your problem." Looking up, he continued. "A regular old war between light and dark. Of course, normally these wars would happen between people, not in them. The problem is that they are warring inside you. You have yet to choose between them, and if you don't soon, then they will kill you. So, m'dear, what will it be? Light or dark?"
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/21/2010 5:45 PM

"What?!" She yelled draggng her hand away. "I'm just a normal human, or lucain depanding on your pint of view I don't have powers! And how on earth do I choose?" She at down her engery drained."What am I going to do?" She whipsered to no-one in particular. Her long matted sivlery grey hair making a barrier between her and the edt of the world. The Really useful booked operned on her lap, hidden by her hair.
"It seems strange that all this time, you always assumed that Katana of yours was special, but doesn't it take a special person to weild it?"
She pushed her har back behind her eyes, every movement seemed to be pained. The katana, stone, but still supple, different but not spectacular... No... Her eyes pased over everything on it. An incription?
"To our dear daughter Sorren, We're sorry for the pain You'll have to go through, but in the battle of light and dark is there not grey? Lines are smudged, the stong become weak the light become dark, the two sides of the board become grey."
Sorren Grey, her full name, she had alway wondered why she had such a generic last name, but now she understood.
"In the battle of light and dark do the boudries not become smudged? It there not light and dark on both sides? The light becomes dark and the dark becomes light, the two sides merge until their is only grey left. Simple really."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Draco » 05/21/2010 7:35 PM

The old man looked stunned for a bit, then smiled. "Few people see that, because few wish to see it. I wasn't even going to try and tell you that. It is easier said than done, however, as you must, instead of getting one to win, get them to be at peace. To achieve that grey, one must teach light to accept dark, and dark to accept light." The old man shook his head. "And I cannot teach you how. I have done so myself... but it is different for each. I learned that after I tried to teach another youth with the same technique I used. He, um..." He stopped abruptly. "Let us not speak of him. The point is, you must figure it out."

"Now, see, you starting losing me when you mentioned a war. Then I was de-railed a bit more when Sorren suddenly burst into free verse poetry. Now I'm completely gone. See ya." And with that, Storm started to leave. The old man wave a hand, and the taanre just bounced off an invisible wall. "No, boy, you need to hear this too. I suspect you may have a similar, if less painful, problem. Or maybe you're just an imbecile. Either way, you need help, and yer gonna stay if I have to pin you to that wall for the entire thing."

Storm began to protest that the old man couldn't pin him to the wall, certainly not while giving a speech, but he abruptly was pinned to the wall. In the same act the old man had also pinned his mouth shut, all with the wave of a hand.

"Now, girl, where were we? Ah, yes, getting the two sides of a never-ending war to see peace."
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/21/2010 7:55 PM

Sorren sighed. "If I don't figure this out soon I'm going to die aren't I?" She asked. alsmost in repsonce bruises crept donw over her wrists she gasped in a mixure of suprise and pain. "This is not good." She muttered. "I give myself a week, tops." She felt lost knowing she had probably over esimated. "So, is theyre any help you can give me Sir?" She asked, her voice craking in places. She felt like this wa her last hope. She didn't know where to begin.

"Hey, ol' crazy? That girl is mine now, so I'm dissowning you."Thelittle book stuck its book mark out, the equilant of a tongue. "You never got a decent thing outta me anyways..."

(Sorry D< WB)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Draco » 05/21/2010 8:17 PM

"Really?" Said the old man distractedly. "I give you a day." Then he shook his head. "Yes, of course I can give you something, m'dear! You did not come here for nothing. I can give you time. I give you a day outside this sanctuary. I give you three within it. We can make that into your week with this..." He pulled a small vial from the folds of his robes and held it out for her. "It greatly decreases power." He explained. "So only take one drop. Any more would do more harm than good."

Storm muttered something, which due to his current state couldn't be heard. Suddenly he could open his mouth again as the old man said "What was that, boy?"
"I said" He started, with a bit of venom in his voice. His mouth instantly clamped shut again. "Without the tone, boy!" Scolded the old man.
Storm frowned. "I sai'd, what does this have to do with me?"
The old man smiled. "Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to have an excuse to pin you to a wall." And his mouth clamped shut before he could protest.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/22/2010 9:54 AM

"One day out of here..." But when Sorren throught about it, she could see how it was accurate, for several days she had been passing out on and off, then there was the coughing up blood. Shuddering inwardly she turned to the wise-man and gently took the vial out of his hands. She un crewed the lid and let on drop drip ito her mouth. Sorren smiled, she wasn't in pain. "Thankyou. You don't mind if I take R.U with me do you? Thats short for Really Useful." She added seeing their bemused looks. The small book flopped onto her hand.
"Many people do not know that the shrine keeps a collection of magical texts."

"To the libary then I guess."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/22/2010 3:45 PM

The old man nodded. "That would be a good place to start. Now, begone, I have work to do." With that, Storm fell to the ground. He was going to glare at him, but thought better of it and left quietly, if angrily. He stopped near the door and turned to Sorren.
"You coming?" He asked. "With so little time, it would be best to start quickly. Who knows how long this could take? I mean, right now, the sword is telling me that it'll take two weeks, but it's best to ignore it. All evil and lies, ya know?" Indeed, the sword was telling him two weeks. But it was also telling him down to the hour, minute, and second, laughing while he was at it.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/22/2010 4:23 PM

Sorren nodded but regretted it immeditly. Who knew nodding could set off a migrain? "Couldn't it have been anyone but me. If you were the same as be Storm it would be oter before it started with that infernal sword of yours, you would just take the dark way. But no for some reason I have to work out how to become grey". At the moment Sorren looked paler than she did before, her hair was considerably paler too, it had just a silvery sheen rarther than the dark silvery-blonde it had been when she had set out.
R.U flew behind her flapping its pades fraintically in an atempt to move forward.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/22/2010 5:05 PM

"Oh, no, you've got me all wrong." Storm said with a smirk. Of course, he said everything with a smirk, but that was not the point. "I would choose neither. Just begone with both of them, don't bother me any more! I prefer my own powers." He laughed at this end of this. "Ok, let's get you to the library. You know, I don't think I've been in a library in, oh, say, five years. Never found a reason to."
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/22/2010 5:17 PM

"Why are you helping me?" Sorren asked sudenly, in the process amost lossing her balance again,she managed to stay of the floor in angainly combonation of luck, skill and almost strangling Storm. "Sorry." She spat, not annoyed at Storm, well she probably was, a bit but not enough to snarl at him, iinstead she was angry at herself for falling in the first place. She moved slower down the path to the libary, things were better and worse, worse beacuse actully her contidtion was getting slowly worse, but better becuase it was creeping at a slow pace.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/22/2010 11:45 PM

"I am helping you," Storm said pointedly, "Because there is nothing better to do."
"Leave." Suggested The Bane.
"I don't think so." Storm replied, perfectly aware that it looked as if he was talking to himself.
The Bane began to plant dark thoughts of death, destruction, and the like. Being used to this behavior, Storm ignored him. Eventually the torrent of horribly gruesome deaths and manglings shrunk to a stream, then slowed to trickle, and finally stopped completely. By the time this point had been reached, The Bane was asleep again.

((Short, but couldn't think of anything else. I drug it out as it is.))
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/23/2010 8:02 AM

"Wondeful." She muttered as she walked down the stone coridors, her boots making a soft tapping noise as she did so.

"Well here we are." An eleborate arch framed to dooway into the libary, books upon book lined the walls, and metere high sheleves filles the space  inbeween. The resricted section hung in permenant shadow, in the darkest corner of the room. A spiral stair case stood in the midddle of the room, semi hidden by the high selves, it's wrought iron patterning itricate and exotic, it lead up higher into another section of the libary.
"Where to start..." Sorren said, looking up in awe at all the books around her.

(Gah! Fail post >.<)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/23/2010 4:28 PM

Storm looked around the library with disinterest. Looked to him like one, big, fire trap. "I'll check the second level, you check down here. I recommend the restricted section." With that settled, he headed off to the staircase. The steps creaked and groaned as he walked, obviously a few hundred years old. When his head was level with the second floor, he gasped sharply.
Shinier than polished silver two feet from the sun* didn't even begin to describe it. He had to shield his eyes, and even then he figured he'd go blind if he stayed up here for two long. He took the last few steps in one stride. From this level, the shine wasn't quite so violent, and he could make out what was making it.

A mirror on the far side of the chamber. Light was simply pouring out of it. On the opposite side of the room, there was another mirror. Darkness seemed to creep out of it, held in check by the light. The light was similarly held in check. It was a peaceful war, as best he could describe it. The rows upon rows of books in between seemed oblivious to this war, and as he walked betweenn them, he saw that the books in the middle were grey. Walking back to the stairs, he shouted down at Sorren. "I think I found something!"

*Pay no mind to the fact that silver two feet from the sun would melt.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/23/2010 4:46 PM

Sorren ran up the stairs as fast as her buises would allow. Gasping for breath that didn't seem to exist. She too was almost blinded by the light mirror. She stepped to where Storm was hoping the glare would be so bright, thankfully it wasnt.

Sorren took a step closer to the middle of the room, but refrained from doing so. What would happen if she did?

(Right there is a few ways we can do this
Way A. The middle of the two mirriors fix Sorren.
Way B. She steps slightly to the light side, it throws her off the second floor, the light is now winning and if eithr of them win it'll kill her so then something sort of happens, Storm can trip whiles he's running down the stairs and his sword manages to touch Sorren and that balances it out. (If than fits in with your plot.)
Way C. We drag it out for a bit longer untill she is dying then something works out?
Way d. You have an amazing plan that blow mine out the water.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/27/2010 1:54 AM

Storm shook his head. "I don't think you should do that. Who knows what would happen Could just kill you. It probably wouldn't be that simple, or everyone would be gray. I'll go get one of the books, and see if there is anything useful in it." With that, Storm stepped into the gray zone, and of course nothing happened. He wasn't really expecting anything to happen. He grabbed a book at random from then shelves, and walked back over to Sorren. "Start with this. By my theory, it will be exactly the book you need. My theory being that this whole thing is one big cliche'.

((Short post. XP))
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext