A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

I'm not evil... Just twisted... [P, Draco and I]

Postby Mousen » 05/19/2010 9:01 AM

ImageImage

Why Sorren had came here she didn't know, perhaps she was trying to get away from the chaos and pain she semed to be suffering. Maybe the wise men here had the anwers she seeked, perhaps she was a lost cause.

The sun drizzled down lazly though the snowy peaks, making the snow glisten on the ground. Sorren shivered and fluffed up her damp fur, she would be at the peak soon, where the temple nestled in the snowfilled mountains. It felt like she had been travling for days, it had really only been hours. But the never fading bruises on her arms had begun to spread winding themselves up and along her neck, they throbbed painfully with every step she took. It was too late to turn back, but she wanted to, she wanted to dissapear into nothingness, leaving behind the constant pain she was foreced to live with.

The Shrine loomed, it looked so delicate in the snow, she cluchted her katana tightly.Appaerences could be deciving. Sorren pushed open the heavy wooden doors, just what she had expected, candled everwhere, not many people, a few praying. It was dissapointing. Sorren had hoped for something that would suprise her, something different from the dull existence she was forced to live everyday.
"Hello?" She asked, her musical voice echoing round.
"Shh! You'll distrurb the peace." Said one of the praying lifting their head up.
"Sorry." She appolgised sounding very put out. She slipped out of the shrine morphing into her human form, her former colouring now matching her clothes.

The buises had gotten worse, the now reached right down her back. What was happening to her? Sorren sat down on one of the desserted stair cases and let a few tears escape, silver tears dripped of the edge of her nose, staining the stone floor. She was too tired to care, or notice. Change, that was all Sorren prayed for, Change.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: I'm not evil... Just twisted... [P, Draco and I]

Postby Draco » 05/19/2010 4:44 PM

((Hmm... Storm is pretty good at change.))
ImageImage
Storm was whistling softly as he lay back on a lawn chair, basking quite peacefully in the sun. Some may have wondered how this was quite possible, as it was about negative ten degrees on the mountaintop, and those some would get no clear answer. The taanre wasn't exactly sure why himself, but no matter the temperature, he was always warm and toasty. When you are immune to cold, you can afford to get a tan on a mountaintop.

His sword, which he had always thought a bit creepy, was planted in the snow within arm's length. It blinked every so often, and generally gave you the feel of being watched. The red aura around the blade seemed a tad angry, which was understandable. The sword wasn't exactly a nice one, and preferred to be as far away from the many temples as possible. This was precisely Storm's reason for being here. Not to cleanse it, or anything*, but for the simply reason of annoying it. When it was annoyed, the sword tended to talk to him less. He didn't know why this sword, which seemed to call itself The Bane**, had chosen him as a companion, but he seemed stuck with it. He had thrown it off a cliff once, but it immediately appeared beside him. He never tried again.

He heard a sound come from the shrine. That was very odd, considering what time it was. Everyone was usually in payer at this time, and absurdly silent about it. He lazily glanced over at the shrine door, and found a woman standing outside it. Curious, he swung his legs off the chair and stood up. He called out to her, knowing perfectly well that every person in the shrine would hate him for it, but not really caring since they didn't much like him in the first place. Something about never showing up for prayer, suntanning on sacred ground, and generally disrupting the peace.

((Yea, he seems to be something of a polar opposite to Sorren. ))

*He had tried that once. Sore for a month.
**Not to be confused with the stone wolf
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/19/2010 5:28 PM

(I just have to say your foot notes are hilarious.)

Sorrens eyes followed a trail of foot prins in the snow, wondering which, monk, wise man or general idiot they belonged to. She found her answer before the foor printed ended. It wasn't a monk nor waise man, though he could most probably slit into the general idiots catergory.
"What?" She snarled, not bothering to tilt her head towards him, she was sure it would hurt is he did.

Only a thing shawl seperated her from the cold. Ideally she was supposed to stay in her lucain form, but the ideal was something that tended to stray away from her. Buises covered most of her, winding right up her neck and covering most of her arms only ending at her wrists, Sorren was also terribly thin, she looked unheathly, but it was natural for her, she had always been pale, thin to the bone and covered in bruises...

Sorren ran a hand through her silvery hair,almost forgetting the presence of the other being. She felt dizzy, another bad sign. Her life just wasn't getting any easier, though she whished it would.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Draco » 05/19/2010 6:15 PM

The woman seemed to pay him little attention. That is to say, none at all. So he picked up his sword* and walked over to her. As he walked, he began to notice a few odd things. One was that the clothing didn't look near warm enough (excluding the possibility of being like Storm, of course), and another was that bruises seemed to cover most of her body. And also seemed to be advancing. He wasn't too good on knowing what was normal, but was fairly certain that this wasn't.

"You look like hell." He said, getting right to the point. In truth, even with the bruises, she wasn't hard to look at.** Though, this may have been due to the fact that he had spent the last week or so deprived of any humans that weren't silent and robed. "No, scratch that, you look like hell frozen over. How about we get you inside? Not exactly warm in there, those robes have a reason, but certainly better than out here." He specifically  avoided asking about the bruises yet. The reason didn't seem to be physical, as they were very obviously spreading, so perhaps those monks could do something about them.

*Which immediately stuck the song "Burn It to the Ground" in his head. He didn't take the hint.
** It switched to a love song he didn't quite know the name of, and he retaliated with "Nugget", skipping most of it and just humming the relevant parts.

((You have to listen to the song to get it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JR8ols4mYc
Starts about 50 seconds in.))
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/19/2010 6:32 PM

"Since when did people start caring?" Sorren asked, more to herself than anyone else. getting up slowly, though she couldn't say she wasn't thankful for the slight concern. "I feel like Hell." She mumbled, pushing herself of the stair painfully. It took a while before her vision righted itself. If she didn't commit suidide, she was going to die. Atleast that's what she thought.

Sighing to herself Sorren once again pushed open the worn wooden door to the temple. Inside was just the same, just like she had expected, though a tiny peice of her wanted to see some sort of wise man, with some tiny bruises on his arm and tell her why she was having to go through hell and back everyday.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/19/2010 6:51 PM

Storm followed her in, purposefully loud. He received a few glares, but no one said anything. The sword once again appeared angry. The aura dimmed, and the eye closed. If a sword could sleep, that's what it was doing. They were in a large gathering room, one of several situated across the shrine. He looked down the long solid marble hallways. The mere size of the shrine could make one nauseous. Every inch of it was scrubbed clean weekly, if not daily.

"Ok," He said, at least making an attempt at whispering, "who are you, and why are you up here if you just wanted to sit outside?" Again, no question on the bruises. Not waiting for an answer, he set of walking down the left hallway, obviously wanting her to follow.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/19/2010 7:08 PM

Sorren frowned, she immeditly decided she didn't like this particular idiot. "I just... needed a breath of fresh air." She shugged not admitting any weakness. "And I'm Sorren." She said, pacing faster to keep up with him. She winced, that was not the best Idea she'd ever had. "Why are you here? It doesn't seem your kind of place... I pictured you more in a jailcell perhaps? Or an insatute for the criminally minded." Her eyes skipped over the sword, there was one story she could miss out on today. "May I be know your name?" She asked, eyeing the male beside her with clear distaste.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/19/2010 7:25 PM

"Yea, I guess the air is fresh. Just, not good for breathing." Said Storm under cover of a smirk. He continued unheeded. "I am here because my sword doesn't want me to be. Sounds crazy, I now, but the sword is apparently possessed by an ancient evil spirit called the Bane." As he spoke, the sword opened its eye and looked at Sorren. It immediately went back to its so-called sleep. "As for my name, I'm Storm." He reached another intersecting in the hallways, one which went down. It wasn't too steeply inclined, but he started off slower nonetheless.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/20/2010 4:15 AM

Sorren stared at the sword for another moment before heading painfully down the corridor, she was a good few feet behind storm, despite his slow pace. The corridor turned left, it's angle of decline becoming quite alarming. Why couldn't there be stairs? It would make everything much simpler.

Sorren walker further down the corridors, now the torch brackets on the walls were lighted, they  must be quite a way underground now. Spiders webs draped elegantly over everthing and it had the appearance of being unused for decades, Sorren didn't belive this, but why would some one try to hide the fact they were using this place?

(Serious fail post)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/20/2010 7:55 AM

Slowing his pace even more, Storm began to talk. "Now," He asked, much more serious than before, "What is the deal with those bruises? I was going to wait until you said something, but you didn't seem like the kind of person that just randomly opened up. In fact, you seemed to be closing up even more. So how about this? You tell me whats up with the bruises and I tell you where we're going." As he spoke, they could hear heavy footsteps in the branching off of the corridors. What it was he didn't want to know, and the best thing to do was keep going straight.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/20/2010 10:38 AM

Sorren bit her lip, and stood silent for a moment. "I don't know. I don't know why I have them, I know somethings wrong with me, I just don't know what. I wasn't brought up by my parents you know, just by some crazy old lady in Nabias. so I couldn't even ask them what was going on... I'm getting worse..." She trailed off, she wasn't going to show any weakness. She didn't need pity.
"So where are we going anyway? Or do you refuse to tell me since I couldn't tell you "Whats the deal with the bruises"." Sorren smirked, acting much more confident than she felt.

Another wave of dizziness hit, instinctivly she reached out for something to grasp onto, her fingers wrapped round an old spiderwebby torch. It slid down a few inched before an pannel pushed back creating an opening.
"How Clich'e" Sorren mubled pusshing her long slivery blonde hair our of her eyes.

(Bassically, Sorren's parents were elementals, one took the element of light the other of darkness and she has both those conflicting powers, and the powers are reacting, and unless she can find a way out of it they'll kill her, but I don't intend to kill her off >D so I have a plan...)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/20/2010 4:32 PM

"Now, see, we were going down to the center of the mountain. That was the last place I saw the old man, though he moves around a lot. You could have just found his latest home... or something else entirely. I'm going with the first one, because that's how theses things normally work." Storm ranted, then abruptly stopped. Footsteps. Not the footsteps of the monks, they barely made any sound, but the heavy footsteps of one of the previously mentions creatures. Those creatures that you didn't want to run into. Knowing this, he quickly darted into the hidden chamber, pulling in Sorren as well. The door shut behind them.
"You were right about the cliche." He said.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/20/2010 5:54 PM

Sorren winced, rubbing her wrists where Stom had grabbed her. "Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again." She spat. "I don't care wheather theres a 6-foot rabid angriff kirund out there. You don't ever touch me. In some respects I would be better of dead. Oh an I am always right." She added.

Sorren moved around the small room, slowly, the pain seemingly tranfered to her side. Rows of small books were jammed into every space some even going side ways. "The Rhune Almanac, A Guide to Witchlights, Black magic for novices, Voodoo for Dummies, The occult, 20,000 skills you never knew you had, A Really Useful Book... She picked up the last one, and opened the first page.Image "Don't give up hope, even the darkest nights have stars..." Sorren frowned, just a load of jumble.

The book slipped from her fingers. "I am The Really Useful Book Sorren, belive me. Oh and I would stick me in your pocket and not say a word to old crazy."Sorren stiffled a gasp and hoeved tho book in her dress pocket.
"What might we 'ave ''ere then midear?"

(You can play old crazy from now on >D Did you like A Really Useful Book? He calls himself Ru, short for really useful. Yes that is the falleef <333)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 05/20/2010 6:45 PM

The old man walked up to the group, his cane clanking against the floor with every step. He was hunched over with age, and wore the brown robes of the shrine monks. A long, unkept white beard trailed down, just about touching the floor. His wizened old face didn't look too happy to see them. Or, at least, didn't look too happy to see Storm. "What are you doing in my study, boy? I 'ave already told you, I'm not going anywhere near that sword!" As he said this, he seemed to notice Sorren for the first time. "And who are you? I aven't seen you here before. And what are those bruises on you? You one o' them emo kids?" He wasn't one of them nice old men.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/21/2010 7:43 AM

Sorren frowned in distase at the old man. "No I am not one of those "emo kids" I'm suffering from God-knows what and It is going to kill me, so now I am stuck with that thing, and his crazy sword, and you!" She sighed pinching the bridge of her nose, just kill me now. It would make things easier.

Ru, short for Really Useful peeped his head out of Sorrens pocket, he eyed Storm's sword with curiousity, the phrase if looks could kill ran through his mind, if books with wings and ickle paws had minds...

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next