A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Into the Cold {Hunt}(Open)

Postby Kylo » 09/23/2010 4:08 PM

"It's here. The beast." Talcen pointed to a dark shape that moved up and down steadily, as if asleep. He grinned and carefully initiated one of the formulas. "Fire." He whispered. Suddenly Flames erupted around the snoozing beast trapping it. "Yes!" he shouted happily, and in his excitement hugged Baroness. He quickly relized what he did and backed off. "So baroness, do you know a containment spell? I don't know the formula for traps yet." He snickered at himself for his own stupidity. You had laugh at yourself every once and a while, right?

Likaor stared at the beast in fright. With black fur and gleaming eyes the beast looked as if it could swallow him whole. And probably will too if given the chance. "Talcen, I think we're going to die right about now." Suddenly the beast awoke and roared in anger it dashed through and over the flames and charged straight towards them with blinding speed. Reacting upon instinct Likaro shoved Talcen out of the way and prepared to take the brunt of the attack.

Likaro1.3

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 319
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/23/2010 4:43 PM

Lunasa would've blinked, if she had been capable of it. He really was insane. She didn't even know what was going on and he had swept her into a hug. She could here Rothel hissing from his perch on her shoulder. Being this close to the boy was not to his liking. She cocked head to one side. Containment spells? She glanced at whatever he was staring at and gasped. What was he doing!?! This creature had done nothing to him, why attack it?! But all thoughts were pushed from her mind as it leapt towards them. She bared her teeth, a snarling roar slipping from her throat. Rothel, get off me. Her voice was full of icy rage. This was going to be risky. Her eyes began to flicker as she went into her trance.

Rothel was more than happy to vacate her shoulder. A trained killer he might be, but he wasn't much of a fighter. His skills lay more in stealth and killing his opponent before he was detected. This was not his sort of fight. He took to the air and circled above Lunasa. He knew what she was trying and it was dangerous. A fight in these close quaters could get someone seriously hurt. Not that he cared about the boy, but Lunasa's healing magic could only go so far. She was always saying she had to work on it. And he did care about the girl deep under layers of ice.

Lunasa felt the magic around her and gathered it into her core. Changing form was not an easy thing for her. Not like the others who lived here who could switch without thought. But she could do it, she just needed enough magic. And there was magic aplenty here. Her eyes flared bright and she grinned again. And where she had been, a dragon stood. A rather large dragon. She roared.

Rothel: 1.4
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Kylo » 09/23/2010 6:18 PM

Talcen stared. "What the heck!! We trying to capture it! Not kill it!" Guess I have to fix things...or should I say Anthos has to.He grinned and let his true self show. Blood red eyes and short choppy black hair appered as well as his weapons of choice, stun guns. "Hiliethia cantos!" He roared as he rushed into the fight. He hadn't ment to spook the creature into attacking, just momentarily daze it, after all he had to find out why it was killing the temple creatures. The runes tattooed to his chest and back glowed brightly as well as his stone as he gather energy from the air and condensed it.

Likaro ducked and dashed aside as Baroness turned into a dragon. He watched in fright as Talcen turned into the person the other creatures would whisper about in the village back home. The tales were ment to put fear into the hearts of those who would wish to harm anyone would resided in the village, but now Liukaro could see that they were not tales but truth. Likaro grabbed Talcen's bag and marker and hurriedly drew the one formula Talcen had failed to ever learn properly. The formula would produce a web of light that could trap any being of darkness. It was now that he relized why Talcen failed. He had too much darkness in his own heart. Likaro repeated the words from the book and the runes glowed softly before a thin strand of light appeared.

Likaro: 1.4

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/23/2010 6:52 PM

Lunasa snarled at the creature. She did not want to hurt it, just stop it. She aborred violence, ever since her accident. The Hunters had taught her that, if nothing else. Violence was self-indulgent. The weak and the bigoted resorted to violence. It was half the of reason she didn't associate with anyone. But sometimes you had to resort to it. And when it came to her companions, she would protect them from anything. She flared her wings, blocking the corridor. She roared again, louder this time. The walls shook from the vibration, small rocks falling around them. Stop! I do not wish to harm you! She lashed her tail.

Rothel landed on a nearby stone perch. There was nothing he could do. He would only get in the way. Well, almost nothing. He shrieked, a high counterpoint to Lunasa's deep roar. They were not the only ones who could help. He concetrated, dropping the air temperature suddenly. With any luck he would be able to freeze the beast. At the very least, it would slow it down. If he could by them some time... The rustling of feathers filled the air around as he beat his wings. He would not sit idly by.

Rothel: 2.0

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/23/2010 7:24 PM

Talcen realeased the air which knocked the creature over, not enough to hurt but enough to warn it. He looked over at Likaro in shock, he had actually succeeded in creating the light rope. "Likaro! Toss it over!" Likaro did as he was told and threw Talcen the rope. "Hold still treasured one. I need to talk to you." He said calmly, his voice soothing as he laced it with one of the few spells he actually used. "We're not here to hurt you. I just have some questions to ask about the temple creatures, that's all."

Likaro did not like this side of Talcen. It was too dark, too manipulative. He could tell that this would not end up alright, but he dare not disobey him. So he tossed him the rope and backed as far away from him as possible. He crept over to were Rothel was and stood by, truely unable to do anything.

Likaro: 2.0

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/23/2010 7:37 PM

Lunasa watched the boy. The frill that ran the length of her spine was flared, showing the glowing runes on them. Scars and tears laced the delicate membrane, as they marked most of her body. After all, the undead don't heal.  So all the little scratches and marks stayed as they had always been. She flared her wings wider, as he moved forward. What was he up to? It certainly didn't look good. She felt the air temperature drop. Rothel must be trying to help. Good for him. Now they had to see if it did anything. Hopefully, it did. She really didn't want to have to save this boy.

Rothel turned to look the Kuhna. He really didn't an opinion about it. It was just there. But it was incredibly stupid, or brave, to come near him. But he couldn't blame it. Where else was it supposed to go? What is the lunatic up to? Normally, he hated talking to others. But he had to know what was going on. It might help him and Lunasa fight this...thing. What ever it was.

Rothel: 2.1

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/23/2010 8:09 PM

The creature stilled and looked at they beings who had disturbed its slumber. It growled lowly in warning, wanting nothing the human boy had to offer. It could sense the rage in his heart, and it choose to pace away from it.

Talcen grined malciously and threw the rope over the creature were it was soon taggled up and unable to move. It roared in anger and thrashed violently but the line would not break. "Calm treasured one, calm." Talcen spoke softly as he approached the creature cautiously. "Shhh, I won't hurt you." He reached out and put the stone around the creatures neck, where after the creature fell asleep.

Likaro watched silently and turned to Rothel. He is not Talcen, that man there. Talcen is crazy, but not crazy enough to do something like this. This is someone else that resides in Talcen. I don't know his name or his plan, but it can not be good. I've never seen him stay out for so long.he answered Rothel.

Likaro:2.1

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/23/2010 8:25 PM

Lunasa whipped her head around to look at the boy. Why did you do that? It just wanted to be left alone! Her voice was low and growling. She did not like where this was going. Her eyes glowed brightly, rage fueling the fire in those sockets. She knew what it was like to to be captured, to trapped and taken someplace against her will. And she did not like seeing anyone else going through that. She moved towards the creature, nosing it gently. She hummed lowly, a slow, stilting tune, like she didn't remember it well. With the creaking of ancient bones, she settled down next to. One wing was spread over the creature defensively. This lunatic would not harm this innocent creature. Not while she could draw magic.

Rothel stared at the lunatic. ...Possesion. Several of Lunasa's companions had similar afflictions, but none this bad. He settled his wings against his body. This really wasn't going to end well. Lunasa was unflinching in her convictions. When she believed in something, she believed it wholeheartedly. And this was personal. Her companions knew very little of what had happened to her before she started the Dark Side, but what they did was bad. She had been hunted for a good part of her life. She was not going to let this creature be harmed. And Rothel had no idea how to help.

Rothel: 2.2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 10/07/2010 5:50 PM

"Ke he he he....you know nothing. That thing hunts and kills temple creatures. It hates them. I don't on taking it from here, or hurting it, just taking back the souls it wrongfully took. The temple creatures deserve life too. They're leader is gone, but the souls are not free. I will release them one way or another." Talcen said murderously. This creature killed friends of his, and he would bring them home.

"Talcen! Cut it out! That was the past, leave it there!!! This is the here and now, let him go." Likaro said harshly as ran over to get between the creature and him. "He could not help what he did. He had no choice, now leave him be."

Likaro:2.2

Last bumped by Kylo on 10/07/2010 5:50 PM.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer