A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Into the Cold {Hunt}(Open)

Postby Lunasa » 09/18/2010 3:21 PM

Rothel settled on Lunasa's shoulders. The girl had decided to drag him up into the mountians on some wild goose chase for some new pets. He had work to do, but instead he was up here with this crazy girl. Perfect. He hissed irratibly. He did not want to be here. To be perfectly honest, he did not want to be anywhere. Today was supposed to be his day relax and practice his abilities. He had no contracts at the moment ad it was the perfect some of his lesser used techiniques. But he was here. They had better find something, or Lunasa was going to wind up with ice in her veins. Literally. It probably wouldn't kill her, but would be a terrible nuisance.

Lunasa looked around in awe. In her many years of traveling, she had never seen anything quite this beautiful. She pulled her cloak around her shoulders a little tighter. Even the undead felt the cold if it was bitter enough. And with Rothel on her shoulders, it was quite bitter. Let's get started then She set off down a corridor and hoped for the best.

Rothel: 0.1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Re: Into the Cold {Hunt}(Open)

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2010 7:29 PM

Likaro shivered and pressed closer to Talcen. He disliked the cold...alot. How Talcen could stand it, he didn't know. He looked up at his insane, but loving owner who was pratically skipping about the old cathedral. He knew his owner loved anything that had to do with the dark and macabre, but did he have to come here? Likaro sighed and followed Talcen as he inspected everything that came into view.

Talcen nearly giggled with excitement. He loved the feeling of uneasy bubbling up inside of him. He even too excited to really notice the cold. "Perfect...simply perfect!" Talcen noticed a girl and her companion and scampered off to meet her with Likaro trailing at his side. "Hello!" he shouted with glee when he approached her.

Likaro:0.1

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 319
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/18/2010 8:14 PM

Lunasa snapped her head around to find who had shouted. Who would be up here? She tugged her hood up a little more securely. Last thing she wanted was for someone to see her face. It always ended so badly. Her arm still didn't work right. Best magic she could use on it, and it was still stiff in the morning. Undeath was supposed to make injuries easier to fix. She watched then man as he approached. This could only end badky. And of all days to forget her staff. And her dagger.

Rothel hissed at the new person. It was bad enough he was in this stupid old shrine, but now there was company? The air around Lunasa and himself dropped several degrees. And Lunasa had made him promise not kill anyone. Honestly, who was going to notice? There were enough people running around anyway. What was one less? He rustled his wings in irritation. He could not be having a worse day. Stuck up in the mountains with some overly cheerful person and unable to do anything. It was like she had planned this. He tightened his tail around Lunasa's throat. It didn't mean anything, but it sure made him feel better.

Rothel: 0.2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2010 8:28 PM

Likaro could feel the bubbling annoyance coming in waves off of the girl and her pet. "Talcen...I think it's best to leave them be.."

"Don't be a scaredy kuhna. Besides something tells me this will be fun." Talcen grinned mischeviously to himself. The alchemist stone that hung on a chain near his heart was pulsating heat. Yes, an undead was near. "So, the name is Talcen, and that's Likaro." Talcen jerked a thumb back at Likaro who had smartly placed himself as far away from the pair as he could. "You here to hunt?" he asked with a malicious smile. He knew that the pair was different, even before the stone had began to react; his gut told him so. Any normal person would have left them alone, but Talcen had somewhere along the line lost his ability to fear, maybe it was because he had died soo many times that it no longer fazed him, or maybe it was because he was simply insane.

Likaro looked at Talcen and instantly knew things were going to get worse. He always had that smile right before someone got themselves killed or maimed. Why did he have to come here?

Likaro:0.2

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/18/2010 8:49 PM

Lunasa tilted her head to one side. This one was interesting. She could sense something about him. Though it had been so long since she had practiced seeing arts, it could be nothing. She needed to work on that. After all, aura vision was such a useful thing. A pleasure, I assure you Her voice was low and sweet, the one thing that hadn't been affected when she had died. Thankfully. It was one of her prides and joys. Still, you could here the tinge of sarcasm there. She paused at his next question. Should she answer truthfully? After all, who knew what he wanted. Indeed I am.

Rothel switched between glaring at Lunasa, the boy, and the Kuhna. He recognized the look on the boy's face. It was the look on many of his client's faces when they came to him. Great, stuck up here with a lunatic. The air dropped another couple degrees. Maybe he would leave them alone if it was cold enough. A futile hope, but it was worth a shot. If he had to be stuck here, it wasn't going to be around other people. As it was, he could just stand Lunasa. Which was the reason he was up here.

Rothel: 0.3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2010 9:00 PM

Likaro shivered as is progressively got colder. "Talcen, something odd is going on and I don't like it, not one bit." He pawed at Talcen and shivered even more. "Can we please go? Please? We can come back some other time, when it's warmer."

Talcen glanced down at Likaro and took off one of his coats and put it on the shivering kuhna. "We're not leaving, at least not until we find what we came here for."

"Which is what? You never told me, or anyone for that matter." Likaro whimpered.

Talcen grinned and pulled out his alchemist's stone. "These of course! How else am I going to be a successful alchemist without them? So what is your name? I never caught it." He glared back at the creature on the girl's neck, then laughed at it's disgust. "So which one of you is the undead?" he asked as casually as one would ask about the weather.

"Talcen! You're going to get us killed, you git!!!" Likaro shouted with fright.

Likaro: 0.3

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/18/2010 9:29 PM

Lunasa sighed. I do not give out my name. You have not earned that right Her voice dropped into a dangerous hiss. Names had power and Lunasa wanted noone to have power over her. It was the only reason she was still alive. Sorta. But she was getting off topic. She focused on the boy again. His next question caught her off guard. She laughed. What a bold question. And as to the answer, that would be me She tugged her hood down, revealing her face. It was draconic, covered in silver scales. In some places, the scales had fallen off to reveal the dark flesh beneath. Her eyes were little more than sockets which contained a silver flame. Really, she was not that bad looking compared to some other undead.

Rothel sighed. Brilliant plan there, m'lady. Just give that secret away. Lunasa glared at Rothel. I thought you weren't talking. Rothel just snorted and looked the other way. If she wanted to get killed, it wasn't his problem. It wasn't like it slowed her down much. He had seen her put herself back together after too many fights to think anything could kill her.

Rothel: 0.4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2010 10:17 PM

Likaro stared in fear. He was staying home next time. Kamaitachis and Shinigami are one thing, undead are another. "It's offical we're going to die. Next time bring along someone else Talcen, please." He knew Talcen was crazy, but this was an all time high. The creature hated them, the girl probably hated them, and they have nothing to defend themselves with, except him. Likaro winced at the thought and shoved it as far back into his mind as possible.

Talcen was surprised that she answered him, no undead had ever admitted willingly that they were no longer alive to him ever before. He was also impressed by her refusal to give him a name. "What would you like me to call you then?" He still was safe, though Likaro would never know that. No one would ever know what his true name was. Talcen smiled at the thought and proceeded to dig through his bag for his scientific journal. "There it is. Page twenty-nine....section two....there!" He grinned madly and took out his marker and began to scribble odd runes and markings on the floor. The markings soon began to glow and a sphere of green flame appeared. "Hellfire." he said proudly as he handed it to Likaro."It increases the temperature dramaticly and does not burn the flesh." He then took his coat back and put it on.

Likaro reluctantly took the flame, he knew better than to not accept something Talcen made with alchemy. How he wished Talcen was normal and would just stay home and read a nice book and drink tea, but no he had to drag him out here to a frozen hell.

Likaro:0.4

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/18/2010 10:39 PM

Lunasa grinned. You may call me Baroness, if you must One always wound up gathering pseudonyms in their travels. Baroness was one of her favorites. It certainly described her regal air. She watched the two warily. She reached out and started gathering mana for a shield. The gems hanging from her horns glowed slightly as they provided power. One could never be too prepared. Lunasa learned this the hard way. Constantly moving taught you things. She had to admit, that hellfire trick was interesting. She'd have to learn it sometime. Always preparing, after all.

Rothel fluffed his feathers. He knew this was going to end badly. It always ended badly with Lunasa. For a misanthrope, she was very willing to reveal herself to others. He sighed, his breath curling in the cold around him. He had been dropping the temperature in an attempt to scare them off. Though with that ball of fire, it didn't seem lucky. Just their luck

Rothel: 1.0

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2010 10:59 PM

Talcen watched her shield grow out of seemingly thin air. Why she thought she needed it Talcen had not a clue. He began to walk towards the stairs. "Which one do you think will lead us to the beast?" he asked with a playful tone. He leaned down and picked up a pebble that had fallen out of his boot. He study it for a moment then chucked it at Rothel.

"Talcen!" Likaro shouted but it was too late, Talcen had already thrown the pebble. Likaro knew that Talcen had done that only to learn more about Rothel's psyche, but Rothel didn't know that. He instantly hid behind the staircase as to avoid a possible attack from Rothel.

Likaro: 1.0

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/18/2010 11:18 PM

One could never be too careful, that was Lunasa's philosophy. She had enough scars to prove it. Enough people had backstabbed her for her not to trust someone, especially if they had just met. She watched the boy. I do not. They say most creatures find you She sarted after the boy. It might prove benficial to go together. At least, it might prove useful to have a distraction if anything attacked. It would give her time to start her spells.

Rothel rolled his eyes. The girl was incredibly dense sometimes. One day that was going to get her hurt. Or seriously maimed. Again. Sometimes he wondered why he even cared. Though that was because he liked the girl, as irritating and stupid as she was. But he was pulled out of his thoughts when a rock whistled towards. He hissed loudly and froze the boy's legs. Ssstupid human He hissed into the boy's mind. That was a stupid move

Rothel: 1.1

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/18/2010 11:30 PM

Talcen laughed at the pain and recited a spell to unfreeze himself. So you're the violent type are you? Keh he he he...Talcen thought. "The idea of being found is very amuzing to me. Though I prefer finding things personally. So this way then." He headed down the stairs as Likaro slunk behind him silently.

I'm going to die. I just know it. All because Talcen just had to go hunting today. Why couldn't have brought someone else?Likaro sighed softly and stuck close to Talcen, all the while gripping the hellfire tightly. He knew Talcen had something planned with this thing, something big.

Likaro: 1.1

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/19/2010 2:08 PM

Lunasa sighed. This was not going to be fun. Stuck up here with a lunatic and a trained killer sitting on her shoulder. Especially considering the lunatic was antagonizing the trained killer. That shield was looking like a better and better idea. She pulled her cloak more securely around her shoulders. It looked ike it was going to get very cold, very fast. It wouldn't really affect her, but walking with frozen legs is suprisingly difficult. As is losing body parts by having them snap off. It took her forever to find all of her fingers the first time it had happened. And healing spells are hard when your fingers are frozen. But she started after the boy. He might prove useful. At least as a distraction.

Rothel hissed again. He hated magic users sometimes. They were so hard to get. Usually you had to go straight for the brain with them so they couldn't cast a counterspell. Which took a lot of practice to get right. Freeze the wrong part and they just wind up pissed. And pissed magic users were bad. As were crazy ones. Whihch this one was. Perfect. Why couldn't Lunasa have dragged someone else up here? The air temperature dropped again. He was going to make this trip as hellish as possible. It would make him feel better.

Rothel: 1.2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 09/21/2010 3:58 PM

Talcen hummed softly to himself as he studied the walls, all the while laughing at Rothel in his head. Silly creature can't tell the difference between magick and alchemy. Then again, most can't. He finally came to a dark hall where no one else could be seen. He felt the stone about his neck grow warmer and warmer. They were close. Very close. He stopped humming and motioned for Baroness to come over. Something was here. Something big and dark by the feel of it. Talcen smiled evilly. Yes he would have his way.

Likaro made sure to keep close to Talcen and to pay close attention to what tune he was humming. He would often communicate through little tunes he had come up with, with his creatures. Likaro quickly recognized the tune as one that warned of danger and of a plot. Talcen was deffenently up to something. Whatever that something may be, Likaro had not a clue, but he could gaurantee that is was not good. He looked back at Rothel with sympathy in his eyes. He knew that the creature hated Talcen now, just like so many others. If only they knew the whole story. Likaro looked back over to Talcen and noticed he had gotten quiet. He slunk even closer to him and offered the flame to him which he took and destroyed.

Likaro:1.2

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/23/2010 3:54 PM

Lunasa heaved a sigh. Not that she needed, what, with not needing to breathe and all. But it was extremely cathartic. She had come up here to relax, to wander among the stone pillars and maybe find a new companion. Instead she was stuck up here with a lunatic and a trained killer who were at each other's thoats. And it felt like Rothel was attempting to strangle her. Perfect. The boy was motioning her forward. She moved towards him, wondering what he wanted. Something was making her scales itch. And that was always bad. They only itched when something bad was about to happen. Yes?

Rothel all but screeched into the boys mind. I do not care! You are all the same! You all bend the laws of nature to your whims! He hissed angrily. The boy was trying his nerves. At this rate, nobody was going to come out of this whole. He spat into Lunasa's mind. Wht are we putting up with this lunatic! He's even worse than some of your friends And there quite a few of them. It was saying something when he was one of the sanest people there.

Lunasa grinned at this. She had some rather insane friends.

Rothel: 1.3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next