A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Stake Your Claim [RE2]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/05/2011 5:06 PM

Her heart finally settled back into it's steady rhythm and Jizelle looked up and down the path ahead with uncertainty.  It was clear now that there were creatures taking refuge in these tunnels other than herself.  And even if it was a mere Rattegan that she'd seen so far, she couldn't forget that others, much larger creatures could have also moved in.  Food source, shelter from the elements, and well hidden from eyes.  It made a good homestead.  

She thought about it a bit, then a sly smile crept onto her face.  Hey, it did make a good place to live, didn't it?  Much better than some old, half-arsed snow cave that provided little protection from the wind.  She nodded confidently at the new brewing plan in her head.  Maybe she could get Ahiga to agree to staying here!  From the looks of it, it was pretty secure, and it wasn't too incredibly close to the shrine so maybe whoever owned the shrine wouldn't care to lose a few dusty ol' forgotten tunnels to a couple of struggling natives, perhaps?

[Lvl. 7 -- 31]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/10/2011 3:12 AM

"WHAT dii I teh you!?"
, a gurgled, and loud voice roared from behind the female.  With a loud yip and a frantic tumble forward, Jizelle spun as quickly as she could to see Ahiga's face.  In his mouth he held a makeshift torch made from a rather knotted stick of wood and what looked to be old torn cloth, that held the fire quite well.

"AHHHHH, AHIGA!?" she barked loudly in shock.  Sneaky bugger, she didn't even hear him come up to her!  How did that happen!?  Ahiga shot her an angry glare and carefully laid the flickering torch up against a rock.  "I can't believe it!  No, wait, I can!  I can't believe that I'd believe you'd listen to me!", he barked angrily, his voice shooting down the carvern leaving an even louder echo in it's wake.  Jizelle cowered and her ears flattened against her skull in submission.  He looked at her again, fur ruffled and raised, then threw his head up with a frustrated "Grah!"

Jizelle went to speak, but then thought against it.  "Why did you disobey me?  Huh?  You could have been hurt and could have even died while I wasn't here!", the Werecain continued to fume, though the anger was dying down into a tone of concern.

[Lvl. 7 -- 31]  [Lvl. 7 -- 33]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/11/2011 2:22 AM

With her eyes glued to the ground in shame, Jizelle slowly shook her head in uncertainty.  "I-I ..."  Her voice cracked as if she was about to burst into tears, but she didn't.  Her eyes flickered up to Ahiga's face and she gave him a literal puppy dog face.  

After seeing that display of what looked to be regret, hopefully a lesson learned, his angry glare lessened and he let out most of his frustration in a lond, audible sigh.  There was a moment of silence...  The male hung his head with eyes shut in an attempt to clear his thoughts.  "...Jizelle?"

"I'm sorry, Ahiga, I really am!  Sorry!  I-I ... I just wanted to explore some, that's all!  I wasn't going to go much further!  I promise!" she blurted out, hoping that in saying all that she wouldn't get punished.

[Lvl. 7 -- 32]  [Lvl. 7 -- 34]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 01/14/2011 5:54 AM

He shot her an uncertain look.  But it seemed that no matter how badly she disobeyed and how angry she could make him at times, he just couldn't stay mad forever.  "Oh ... no..." he said softly, moving closer and placing a paw on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort the downed female.  "I-I'm ... sorry.  I didn't mean to explode like that..."

She looked up at him with a bit of guilt.  "N..no ... you were in the right.  I shouldn't have left."  She shook her head and sighed.  At times, this relationship was ... confusing.  Ahiga found himself having to be both a brother and father figure at times, not an easy feat.  It always seemed to put him in an awkward place, especially when scolding her.  And at times, he was left without words to say.  Like now.  Why did this have to be so hard?

The forgotten torch crackled and popped, filling the silence, as it cast odd shadows that danced along the walls....

[Lvl. 7 -- 33]  [Lvl. 8 -- 35]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/26/2011 7:53 PM

Jizelle's eyes flicked over onto the torch and then onto Ahiga curiously.  "Uh ... where'd you get the torch?"  She'd raised her head slightly and was looking up at the male.  Happy that she had broken the awkward silence instead of himself, he looked up with a soft smirk.

Walking over to the torch, he reveled in the warmth it was putting out.  "Hehe, I may be old but I still have my wits about me.", he joked.

[Lvl. 7 -- 34]  [Lvl. 8 -- 36]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/26/2011 8:31 PM

A look of confusion crawled onto the female's face.  "Uh oh... where'd you get it?"  Her head was now fully lifted and her head was tilted curiously at Ahiga.  Her suspicious was just.  After all, where does one find a lit torch in a winter wonderland?  Unless...

A chuckle escaped from his clenched teeth that were gleaming in a mischevious smile.  "Basantha, of course.  There's not really anywhere else around here that I could have gone.", he said with a simple shrug.  Jizelle's eyes widened in surprised.  She would have never thought Ahiga would ever result to theivery.

"You ... You STOLE it!?"  She shook her head in dismay and let her lower jaw hang open slightly.  Ahiga threw his head back in a burst of laughter.  It startled Jizelle a bit as she stood and shot him an odd look.  "No no, heavens no.", he snorted, "Just ... borrowed."

[Lvl. 8 -- 35]  [Lvl. 8 -- 37]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/11/2011 8:05 PM

"Ha, yeah ... borrowed.  Such a fine rolemodel you make."   The male smiled with a innocent shrug.  "Eh, don't be complaining now.  Do you want to wonder down a dark damp tunnel to who knows where in the dark?"  She gave him a sideways glare but eventually nodded.  "Fine.  Just don't blame me if they decide to come after you or something."  "Don't worry about it.  Now come on.  We might as well press forward a bit more I guess."  He was still a little unsure of this whole venture under the snow but if it would fill the female's curiousity itch for a while he would risk it.  Better than her trying to hunt in avalanche areas again, he supposed...

"Yes!"  He didn't have to tell Jizelle twice.  She was more than ready to get this train moving.  Jumping to her feet, she bounded down the path a ways before looking back at Ahiga impatiently.  "Come on come on come on!"

[Lvl. 8 -- 36]  [Lvl. 8 -- 38]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous