A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Stake Your Claim [RE2]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 09/20/2010 12:29 AM

Jizelle :: Level 1 :: 0 Posts

The frozen peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains wasn't the type of terrain that just sang 'life' to most people, creature or human.  Though, within this desolate place, life had found a way to stake claim to the land, and not only overcome it but embrace it as well.  Out of the few who dared to face the mountain's wrath, one of the individuals who had done such was Jizelle, a young female Purine Lucain who now found herself facing another blizzard that had now become a daily custom to her.  

With head down, eyes trained forward, and body strategically moving against the strong winds, she trudged onward with rugged ease.  Her lightly colored pelt and wintery look went hand in hand with this place; to the untrained eye, she appeared nearly invisible.  Perhaps it was blessing in this frozen world, where prey was scarce and encounters even scarcer.  

Stopping for a moment, she lifted her nose to the air, breathing in deeply for any trace of a lingering scent that had toughed the sudden storm.  She lowered her head back down in frustration.  She'd lost it.

"Oh wonderful.  There goes another meal." she huffed madly at her luck.  She felt the sting of exhaustion taking hold of her legs now that she had stopped.  Persistance and tracking had never been her strong points, especially when put up against such a storm.  And now that winter was near, the daily snows and storms had seemed to gain strength, making the day to day tasks about her all the more challenging.  But she wouldn't complain.  When it all came down to it, she wouldn't have it any other way.  

She quickly seeked out some adequate shelter in the form of a small snow den in which to wait out the worst of the storm.   She pawwed and packed the loose snow enough  until she could comfortably curl up into a little ball.  She positioned herself to where she could still survey the storm from her hole.  "And now I must play the waiting game..." she sighed.

[Lvl. 1 -- 1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Stake Your Claim [RE2]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 09/20/2010 1:19 AM

Laying her head on her paws, she let out a sad sigh of defeat.  Here she was, put in charge of finding a suitable meal to last them for a while and she had lost the trail .. again.  It wasn't the first time it had happened, and it probably wouldn't be the last, but each and every time she hated herself for her lack of experience as a hunter.  

Her eyes shifted downward.  Her adoptive brother Ahiga was a magnificant hunter.  He had taught her stealth, tracking, and the layout of the land for the better part, but her prowess as a hunter had fallen short.  If there was anything she could do well, it was using her strange ability to control ice and snow, but even that was meager at best; though the power was hers to control, she was no master at all.

Even as she sat there, mind racing through her constant flow of thoughts, a small ice partical of which she had been unknowingly focused upon seemed to hover calmly in front of her eyes.  And the more she stared at it, the larger it seemed to grow ... as if collecting smaller particals from around it to come together as one.  Her intense stare was broken as she blinked, coming out of her thoughts and with that, the ice shard fell to the snow.  She stared at it ... but alas it remained where it had fallen.  These powers were still so new to her ... not even she had knowledge of when it decided to show itself yet.  

"Hmm ... "  She shifted restlessly in her small snow den as she continued to observe the fluctuating winds outside.  "Maybe there's still hope ... Yeah.  Yeah!  There just has to be!  I will NOT be a failure!" she growled with growing ambition.  Clenching her teeth tightly, she glared spitefully into the blizzard, as if challenging it to even dare to stand in her way.  Leave it to Jizelle to think she could take on Mother Nature.

[Lvl. 1 -- 2]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 09/20/2010 6:18 PM

Much to her surprise, the howling winds died down, leaving the mountain side just as quiet as ever.  A light snowfall was left in wake of the dead winds.  She blinked, shocked.  Had she done that?!  Was this her power at work once again? ... or was it just a lucky break?  Either way, this was a good sign.

She crawled out from the snow and slowly took a few wary steps forward.  She half expected the storm to renew, but it didn't seem likely at the moment.  A thankful smile spread across her maw at this realization.  "Alright!" she laughed, leaping up joyfully in the knee-high snow.  Maybe this break in the storm was an omen of good things to come; maybe her luck was finally turning!

Without wasting another minute dwadling around, she attempted to sniff out another trail.  She took her time moving around, making sure to not pass up any possible lead, just as she had been taught.

[Lvl. 1 -- 3]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 09/21/2010 12:45 AM

Unfortunately, no amount of training was enough to help Jizelle to find a day old trail heavily covered by a fresh layer of snow and ice.  She nosied around about the snow for a while longer.  Raising up, she gasped then sneezed loudly.  The noise seemed to echo acoss the snow.  

"Rrrrah!  That's all I need now .. a cold."  She sniffled repeatedly and turned around.  Her eyes glided across the desolate area, before stopping upon a familiar rock formation.  She nodded, recollecting a very need-to-know detail about this area.  This particular area of the mountain was a dangerous one.  There were many underground caverns that lay hidden beneath the snow, and she knew that if she wasn't careful, she'd fall to her death.  She shuddered at the thought.

"Er ... sometimes I think we would have been better off moving into the city..."  

[Lvl. 1 -- 4]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/13/2010 5:03 PM

"Oh, is that so?" a voice sprinkled with sarcasm sounded close behind her.  Jizelle spun around in surprise, tripping backwards as a result. The newcomer gave a rough chuckle at her reaction.  Jizelle, who was about to have a heart attack, went into attack mode, baring her teeth and letting out a loud growl.  But she quickly ceased as she realized who it was.

Ahiga :: Level 3 :: 10 Posts

"Wa-wha?!  Uhhhggggg!  Ahiga you jerk!" she growled loudly, jumping to her feet and pushing herself up into the older Werecain's face.  "Are you nuts?!  I could have killed you!"  Ahiga scoffed and gave her a look of disbelief.  "You?  Kill me?  I can't wait to see the day." he laughed.  He didn't hold much belief in that whole 'student becomes the master' thing.  Not that he thought Jizelle wouldn't improve, it was just too soon to tell right now.  He looked at her with tired eyes.  "Now cool it before you cause an avalanche, all right?"

Jizelle glared at him but soon bended to his will.  She sighed her burst of anger away then nodded silently.  Ahiga smiled then turned and gestured for her to follow.  She did willingly.  This was no place to stay and chat, not with so many hazards lying in wait.

[Lvl. 2 -- 5]  [Lvl. 3 -- 11]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/13/2010 5:19 PM

As the two trekked on, they soon made it out of the most dangerous part of the area and into a relatively safe zone.  Jizelle looked over at Ahiga, then shifted her gaze to the snow.  She wasn't looking forward to telling him about another failed hunt.  Hunting didn't seem to be her field of expertise.  Maybe she should give up...  No ... that was next to impossible for her lifestyle.  And she couldn't see herself becoming a towns person at all ... or atleast no time soon.  

Ahiga looked over at his younger companion with question.  He could tell she had something on her mind, and he had a hunch it was about the hunt.  He pretty much knew she had had no luck for there was no carcass around when he found her.  He shook his head silently.  He knew she wasn't in the wrong, seeing as she had to face the elements and challenges their choosen homeland often presented them with.  

"So ... should I ask?"  Jizelle looked up at him sadly, ashamed of her poor huntsmanship.  "I don't know why I even try!  I'm a failure at it ..." she sighed.  "Oh, I'm sure your luck will change.  It takes time to hone your skills.  So don't beat yourself up about it..."

[Lvl. 2 -- 6]  [Lvl. 3 -- 12]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/14/2010 7:42 PM

She looked up at him with a smile.  He always tried to make her feel better no matter what seemed to go wrong.  Though, she couldn't help but be a bit envious.  She couldn't imagine such troubles to ever plague someone like him.  He was so well adjusted and well adapted to, well, everything!  

"Want to tell me how the tracking went?"  He gave her a wry smile.  Jizelle shot him a dirty look for picking on her.  "Oh yeah, it went awesome!  Couldn't you tell?!" she barked sarcastically.  She shoved him with her shoulder playfully then bounded off ahead.

"Hey now.  Keep your wits about you, there!" he warned.  "We're far from the safe part of the mountain."  He paused for a moment.  "Pffft, though there's never really a completely safe place on a mountain side." he snorted.

[Lvl. 2 -- 7]  [Lvl. 3 -- 13]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/16/2010 4:08 PM

Jizelle hopped forward, loving how it left oddly shaped imprints in the snow when she did, then looked back at her brother.  "Pfft, you worry too much." she rolled her eyes and kept hopping around.  Ignoring Ahiga wasn't new for her, in the least.  

"No no, I think I worry the right amount." he retorted, shaking his head at her defiance.  It was no use trying to tell Jizelle something, that he knew.  She was far too hard headed and stubborn to retain and use any advice offered to her.  But, regardless, he would always try to talk some sort of sense into her and hope it would one day work.

As for Jizelle, today was a day she should have listened.  For as she took another leap forward, the ground gave way from underneath her.  And just like that she vanished into the snow with a loud yelp...

[Lvl. 2 -- 8]  [Lvl. 3 -- 14]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/16/2010 6:50 PM

Ahiga was at the spot in a split second after he had lost sight of Jizelle.  He dug his claws firmly into the hard substance now present under the snow and leaned over into the pit.  "JIZELLE!", he howled loudly, unaware that the fall was but a meager one really.  Jizelle winced at the loudness of Ahiga's voice and growled loudly.  "AHIGA!  Hush!  I'm fine!" she moaned, standing up and shaking off the bits of dust and snow left by the falling debris.

Ahiga held his breathe, then sighed heavily.  He had nearly had a heart attack!  He thanked the gods that the fall wasn't a deadly one.  Carefully and cautiously, he lept into the pit alongside Jizelle and scanned what seemed to be a hidden chamber underground.  "What in Evelon ..."  He raised his nose to the air and scented for any sign of something alive.  The only scent in the air was that of a musky smell masked in some very old dust.  Jizelle took her chance to scan the room as well.   From what she could tell, they had discovered some sort of underground room that lead to who knew what.  She could make out a faint silohuette of what looked to be a door on the far side of the room.  

"Uhhh, Ahiga...  where the heck are we?!"

[Lvl. 2 -- 9]  [Lvl. 4 -- 15]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/16/2010 7:04 PM

Ahiga silently shook his head in puzzlement at her question.  He hadn't a clue...  Just because they had decided to live up here didn't mean they knew what this place held, what this land had kept secret from the eyes of the public.  Jizelle stared at Ahiga.  'Oh wow.  Something the great Ahiga doesn't know.' she thought with a smirk.  She took a few steps forward, stopped, then continued on across the dimly lit room.  Ahiga sprung by her side in an instant.  There wasn't going to be a repeat separation, that he was sure of now.  

"I wonder what this place is ... and why it's underground.  I mean, really?  Who puts a room, chamber thingy underground up in the mountains?!" she exclaimed loudly.  "Shhh.  Talk quieter.  We have no idea what could call this their home and it would not be wise to pick a fight in unfamiliar grounds..."  Jizelle huffed aggravatedly at Ahiga's constant alert.  Though it was probably a good attribute to have, she could live without it if it made her as paranoid as Ahiga was ... about everything.  

Jizelle sped up to pull away from Ahiga's smothering and gestured towards what she was now sure was an exit out of the room.  "I wonder where that leads..."

[Lvl. 3 -- 10]  [Lvl. 4 -- 16]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/19/2010 12:59 AM

The male Werecain stared toward the darkened doorway with curious interest.  "No idea." he said bluntly.  There was a part of him that wanted to find out, but an even bigger part of him told him that it wasn't worth the risk.  He glanced over at Jizelle with concern.  He knew what she wanted to do.  She wanted to go find out just what lied down that way.  He groaned helplessly.

Jizelle gave him a strange look when he groaned and scrunched her nose.  "What was that about?"  He looked at her with a look of "Really?" in his eyes.  She blinked then gave him a mischievous smile.  "Oh come on, you ol' worry wart!  You know that you're JUST as curious as I am about that tunnel.", she taunted him.  He sighed and rolled his eyes.  She smirked and threw her head up in a cocky manner.  "Besides, we have a right to!  WE found the place, therefore WE should get to have first looks."  She was confident in her rationale on the situation.  "And just think!  We could have found something that no one knew was even here!  We could be discoverers of lost treasure, or something!", she laughed at the thought.

"...You're crazy."  Jizelle glared at him for pulling her dreams out from under her.  "Party-pooper."

[Lvl. 3 -- 11]  [Lvl. 4 -- 17]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/20/2010 11:48 AM

Pretty much ignoring all voiced concerns of her brother, she trotted up to the doorway.  Ahiga growled with frustration but stayed after her.  He wasn't going to leave her side now and let her get herself into trouble, as she usually did without him around.

Jizelle poked her head into the pathway and tried her best to make out anything in the looming darkness.  She had no such luck.  She huffed and pulled out.  "It's too dang dark!  I can't see anything!"  "Well then there, you see?  Can't go where you can't see, so we might as well go back home now."  It was wise to avoid all unnecessary fights in this place.  There were no medical facilities or hospitals of any sort out here.  In fact the only place he could think of that was up here was that old Basantha Shrine.

His eyes widened and he gasped.  "Of course!  I can't believe I didn't realize it before!" he exclaimed, shaking his head in disbelief.  Jizelle jumped at his sudden outburst and turned to give him a crazy look.  "Ummm .... WHAT?!"

[Lvl. 3 -- 12]  [Lvl. 4 -- 18]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/21/2010 11:51 AM

The older male winced at her loudness and gave her a firm "Shhhhhh!"  Jizelle pouted and rolled her eyes.  Once the ringing had stopped in his ear, Ahiga went on to explain.

"This place, I know what it is ... well sort of."  She raised a brow, thinking he'd gone crazy.  "I bet it's part of that old Basantha Shrine place.  I had heard there were underground tunnels and chambers under the place, but I never imagined they'd reach this far out."  "The Basantha-what?!"  Ahiga looked at her in disbelief.  "Oh come on, I know you know what it is.  It's that old shrine, building thing that those monks watch over."  Her eyes widened.  "What?!  This can't be connected to that!  It's like ... MILES away from here!"  Ahiga nodded understandingly.  "I know, I know, but this has to be part of it.  I mean, what else could it be?"

Jizelle stood silently in thought for a moment.  He was right.  From what she knew, there wasn't really anything else up here that would explain it.  Unless, of course, there was like some secret government organization or something up here doing research...  Oh dear ...  That thought only fueled the fire.  She turned to Ahiga with a sly smile.  "Let's check it out!  See how far it goes ..."

[Lvl. 3 -- 13]  [Lvl. 4 -- 19]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 10/21/2010 3:29 PM

He stood straight and stared down at her with a hard look.  She hated when he did that.  "Whaaaaaat ... I'm just saying we should do a little investigating.", she whined, raising a paw and stomping it onto the ground.  Ahiga turned his head slightly, not backing down.

They stood off like that for a few seconds before Jizelle spoke.  "Uhhhhhgg!  I hate it when you do that!  Stop!"  Ahiga blinked then let out a heavy sigh.  "Jizelle ... we don't know what's down there."  Her ears fell back in defeat and she lowered her head sadly.  "But ..."

[Lvl. 3 -- 14]  [Lvl. 5 -- 20]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/01/2010 6:29 PM

A few moments of her puppy pouting and Ahiga had to give in.  "Oh fine ...", he sighed, kicking himself that he had managed to spoil her into this state.  "But you will not under any circumstance leave my side ... you got that?"  Jizelle perked up and grinned wildly.  She knew she'd win him over eventually.  "Don't worry, brother, I won't.", she negotiated.  Though she disliked the idea of being watched over like a small pup, she'd agree to it if she wanted to do this ... and she did.

She began to wag her tails excitedly as they started down the hallway slowly.  She couldn't wait to see what mysteries this place held!  The same, however, could not be said for Ahiga ...

[Lvl. 4 -- 15]  [Lvl. 5 -- 21]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next