A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Yosh! Pure Determination! {Hunt, Open to 1 Other}

Postby Atoli01 » 11/28/2010 12:09 AM

"Yosh, let's do this!"

My voice echoed off of the halls as I balled my fist up in a triumphant manner. I smile came across my face as I surveyed the area - an endless amount of hallways and stone walls. Dirt and spider webs were gathered up in clumps around the room, visible only by the torches that kept the room lit.

This was the perfect place for some adventure movie to take place. The hero steps onto a wrong brick, and bam! A secret door is released and a giant rock comes rolling down, right? No, snakes! Snakes start coming from everywhere! The hero grabs a torch form the walls and waves it at the snakes, making his way through the room and onto the next challenge!

I sighed... If only my like could be that interesting... But maybe it could! If I stepped on the bricks, those snakes or that rock would come rolling down, right, right?! I happily started trying to step on all the bricks that were covering the ground, the large bow on my dress swaying with each jump. It was all fun and games (although nothing happened) until I lost my footing and fell head first into the wall.

"Nyaaaa... That hurts..." a single drop fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek as I rubbed my head. "Wait! That was right! I came here to search for a Mekkayena or a Hunter! Yosh, ganbare!"

{{Alright, a couple things to explain here. First off, one person can join - not two others, but one. Also, if you click on the Kitrell, her human form is displayed (just imagine her with Kitrell ears and tail instead of the ones she has) - she's in her human form, not Kitrell form. Finally, 'yosh' basically means yeah or yes; 'ganbare' basically means I'll do my best (at least how I'm using it).}}

{{Chen: 1}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Re: Yosh! Pure Determination! {Hunt, Open to 1 Other}

Postby Kylo » 12/17/2010 6:33 PM

Cloud walked into the shrine not really sure as to what to expect. Talcen said another quest here had failed so it was his job to hunt down the creatures that lived here. He snorted at the thought of his insane landlord prancing about here looking for some beast. He walked in and gazed about taking in all that was to be seen. He noticed a girl over acroos the shrine and he decided to go over.

"Excuse me miss are you hunting here too?" he asked as he continued looking around. He thought about the odd symbols on the wall and how they reminded him of the city of the acients back home on Gaia. He made a mental note to ask his landlord about them later. Maybe there was something similiar to Cetras here.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/21/2010 2:14 AM

I jumped up and spun around at the sudden voice. I quickly wiped the dirt off of my red dress as I surveyed the small Hydrokuhna that was standing a couple feet away from me. The little thing didn't look like any kind of threat, like it would try to attack me. But then again... they always say don't judge a book by its cover. Eh, well too bad. I had already judged the Hydrokuhna as being cute and innocent, and there was nothing anyone could say to stop me!

I quickly nodded at the Hydrokuhna's question and smiled, "H-hai, yes!"

I walked over to the Hydrokuhna and sat down. I looked over at its fur admiringly. If... if only my fur was that pretty. I mean, my stupid fur was an ugly brown, yellow, orange, and white. And on top of that, its fur looked so shiny, unlike my normally dirty coat. I shook my head, cursing myself for spacing out.

I looked at the Hydrokuhna and smiled again, "Well... what's your name?"

{{Chen: 2}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/21/2010 11:15 PM

The kuhna straghted up and looked the girl over. "I'm Cloud Strife and well I'm not really from around here and I was wondering if you know exactly what it is we're hunting for. My dumb landlord wouldn't say and just shoved me out the door." Cloud scratched his head and wondered how he was supposed to fight in this form. He was used to being human and being stuck as some kind of cat was disturbing to say the least. That and he couldn't bring his sword with him either.

He had never seen a creature like the girl who stood before him. Then again he hadn't seen most of the creatures who resided here. He found her fur to be interesting to say the least though he didn't understand why she wore a dress when she had fur. Maybe it was common here for animals to wear clothes. Cloud had not a clue.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/21/2010 11:32 PM

I quickly fixed my hat as I listened to him. He had to have been kidding, right? This place was like, where everyone went to hunt for pets. But then again, he said he wasn't from around here, so I guess he could be excused. ...But still! I sat there dumbfounded for a few seconds before finally finding the words to reply to him.

"W-well, people normally come here to hunt for Hunters or Mekkayenas. I mean, they're the only two pets that can be found here, after all. And I hear that they're extremely hard to come by." I smiled at him, almost wanting to apologize for looking at him like he was stupid. "Oh, but by hunt, they mean basically to search for them. Not to fight or kill them, or anything."

I didn't quite know why I added that at the end, since it shoulda been common sense to most people, but I still did. Either way, it didn't really matter.

{{Chen: 3}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/21/2010 11:45 PM

Cloud was concerned at first that she would burst out laughing at him, but then she replied honestly. "Talcen made it sound like I'd die or something from this, but then again he IS insane." Cloud shoke his head at the thought of what his landlord could be doing at the very moment. "So I never got your name."

He smiled nervously as he looked around some more. He didn't like this place too much. It felt odd here. He wanted to just find the beast and get back home. If he ever figured out how to get back to his real home anyway. "Also would you like to hunt with me. I'm still not used to this place."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 3:26 PM

I tilted my head a bit at his first comment, asking, "So, Talcen is you owner, I'm taking it?"

Oh trust me, I've seen and heard of my fair share of crazy owners. Even my owner was a little crazy in my opinion. I mean, she was always so obsessed with finding wild animals in places like this. Last time, she sent a group of three (later, four) people to this very place to search for a Hunter or a Mekkayena... They almost ended up dead, and were stuck here for more than a week. All I could do was hope that everything went well for us. Just find the dang creature and get outta here.

"O-oh, my name Chen! And I would really like hunting with someone else. I mean, there's some really scary areas in here, I hear; it would be good to have someone with me. Also, two is always better than one!" I laughed a bit and smiled, waiting for his response.

{{Chen: 4}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 3:35 PM

"Owner!? As if. I live there because I've got nowhere else to go right now. He's far too insane to live with let alone be owned by. He celebrates Halloween all year long and makes up these dumb stories to explain things in a more complicated manner. Like refridgerater faeries." Cloud sighed and shook his head at the thought of the nut house he now resided in. "Worst of all he doesn't let me be in my human form when I want. He says kitties don't need hands or weapons, they got teeth. I've yet to meet someone worse than him."

It was easy to say that Cloud hated Talcen, or at least despised him. Cloud took a moment to calm down before speaking again. "Anyway it's nice to meet you Chen. So let's get the hunt going. This place is huge and there's lots of ground to cover."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 3:47 PM

My mouth basically dropped in shock. "N-no human form...?! Everyone back where I live is almost always in their human form. ...Atoli isn't as crazy as this Talcen guy then," I bit my lip; just the thought of not being able to be in my human form made me uncomfortable.

I nodded at his next comment and stood up, walking over to one of the hallways, beckoning for him to follow me. I walked just a little down the hall and poked my head around the corner. It had led to yet another large room, one almost identical to the one we were in just a few seconds ago.

Surely all the rooms couldn't look the same, right? I mean, the place was so huge. And for the people who made this place, why would they make all the rooms the same? Without a map it would be impossible for the to know where they were. Heck, even with a map it just might be impossible.

{{Chen: 5}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 3:53 PM

"Yes, he does that to bother me, but when he's not around I do as I want. You either get used to him, kill him and then he'd just come back do to his little necromancer friend batti, or go insane with him." He didn't know how people really acted here on Evelon but it was very different from Gaia. People didn't own people there, but aparrently here it is possible.

"So how about we leave a mark so we don't get lost?" Cloud suggested as each room looked the same. It was odd that even the walls were the same. He made a small claw mark on the ground to mark where they've been. Cloud was not good with directions and with no map he had to compermise.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 4:54 PM

Batti? In all of my years living here - nearly thirteen, to be exact - I had never seen a Batti in person. I mean, I had heard of them, of course, and I think I've also seen one or two pictures of them, but never seen one in person. After all, Atoli didn't own a Batti. I've asked her why she's never gotten one - they're pretty common, I hear - and it's always the same reply. She just says that Batti's don't really appeal to her. That was all fine and good, of course, but having a little more variety wouldn't hurt.

I nodded at Cloud's suggestion of leaving a mark. It was good idea, really. So far, the rooms all looked the same, and considering we didn't have a map... No, don't even go there. I was not going to draw a map. In theory, it was a good idea, but I wasn't going to. Plus, we didn't have paper or a pencil. I sighed and ran ahead to the next room. It was almost the same, except this room was missing one of the torches on the wall.

{{Chen: 6}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 9:31 PM

Cloud followed after Chen and inspected the new room. "Why would one of the torches be missing?" he asked her. He went over to wear the torch should hang and sniffed. It smelled like smoke and ashh but there was none to been found or seen. His brow furrowed in thought about how this place seemed familiar but he couldn't place where. He left another mark on the ground where he stood. Maybe someone had come before them and took the torch.

"Hey Chen, do others come here often? Someone could have taken the torch." he suggested as he looked for some kind of clue as to why the torch was gone or even more importantly, what it's importance was.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 10:53 PM

"I... I dunno. Maybe it just like, broke or something," I replied, completely clueless.

And I absolutely loathed being clueless. That is, those rare times where I actually realized that I was clueless... like now. I sighed a placed my hand where the torch shoulda been. It wasn't any different from the other torch holders, or whatever they were called. It was probably nothing, really. I mean, something that was missing didn't particularly give me an leads as to where the Hunter or Mekkayena was.

I sighed again, this time, more out of frustration than anything. I didn't want to be here for long at all, but with the way things were looking, we could end up being here for weeks, theoretically. I mean sure, if the stupid pet would just stay in the same room all the time, we'd be in and outta here in a pinch. If anything, it was a matter of luck finding one of those things. Luck that I didn't have.

I looked down at eh Kuhna, saying, "Well, it is a public place. Lot o' people come here lookin' for a Hunter or Mekka. Someone taking the torch wouldn't be a very rare case. I mean, there's probably some room in here that's dark or something."

{{Chen: 7}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/22/2010 11:06 PM

Cloud messed with the torch handle just to be sure that nothing was different about it then walked around the room. He smelt something different here, not unpleasent but different. He followed the scent to a seemingly normal wall. "Hey Chen come here! I might have found something."

He knocked at the wall but so far nothing happened. Maybe the symbols could give him a clue. He peered closer and soon found that he recognized a few. "That weird batti that Talcen's friends with draws these symbols all the time. He said they had something to do with the elements and alchemy or something like that."

He tried to remember which symbol ment what, but could not. "Do you have any clue what they mean?"

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/23/2010 12:08 AM

I I followed Cloud to the other side of the room, making sure to keep up with him. My hopes rose when he had said that he might've found something, but ended up falling just as quick. I sighed and rubbed my head, staring at the symbols. I traced my finger along them, nothing happening. Not like I expected anything to. Sure, this place was old, but... Why did they have to put stupid symbols like this on the walls?

I shook my head, yelling, "Nyaaa! It's all just so confusing! Why couldn't we just find this stupid thing and be done with it?!" I kicked the wall in frustration as I hung my head. Why could things never be simple?

{{Chen: 8}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next