A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

♪ All I want for Christmas...

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/15/2010 4:21 AM

Unlike most of who come here, the young girl with long purple hair headed towards the mountain, not the Shrine. And unlike them, she didn't come looking for adventure or a rare unknown species, though she, too, was on a quest of sorts. She was preparing for Christmas. Yes, Christmas was almost upon the Evelonians, and the girl was out looking for the perfect Christmas tree. She was wearing a warm looking pea jacket along with a long scarf that was wrapped around her head multiple times. On her head sat a evidently hand knitted toque* adorned with little shiny jewels. She was singing a Christmas song, albeit quite badly, but she was in the spirit. "I don't want a lot for Christmas, I won't even wish for snow..." The girl skipped through the trees as she sang, purple hair trailing behind her, twirling around and dancing.

*toque - Canadian equivalent of a beanie.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Re: ♪ All I want for Christmas...

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2010 6:40 PM

The christmas music back home was beginning to really get on her nerves. She was okay with some, like the first few hours, but after the upteenth repeat of the album, it was really started to rub her the wrong way. Persephi, or Seph, would do anything if only to get out of the house and away from all that christmas-ness! So when Celtic asked around for someone to go tree shopping with a friend of hers, she was all for it. Nearly knocked out a lucain to get it. She was going stir crazy in that house. Absolutely stir crazy.

But, it never really dawned on her till now, when she was sipping hot cocoa in her black down jacket all decked out in black mittens, scarf and hat that she was escaping Christmas cheer by going Christmas tree shopping. Wow. How stupid could she be! Ugh. Hopefully this chick she was meeting up with wasn't a Christmas freak like Celtic. That would be awful. Completely awful.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

♪ 52

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/17/2010 8:14 PM

Klis was still singing by the time she reached the clearing she was supposed to meet the person she was going tree hunting with at. Lav had told her that the girl was looking for a tree, too, and that they should go together. Of course Klis agreed; two is always better than one! She looked around for the other girl, but it seemed like she wasn't here yet. "I'm probably early," she mused out loud to herself. Suddenly, she flopping down into the snow and made a snow angel while giggling like mad. Yes, it did seem like Klis had her... odd moments.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/18/2010 2:53 PM

The blonde haired girl peered around, looking for a clearing, something she would have nearly missed if it was not for some blue haired chick throwing herself on the ground to make a snow angel. Seph groaned, it appeared that that was the girl she was meeting to go tree shopping with. Some kid who was probably full to the brim with Christmas cheer, something Seph was trying her best to avoid.

As much as she wanted to, Seph didn't turn around and bolt for home. That would have been rude, and besides, just because she hated Christmas didn't mean she had to ruin it for someone else. Although in her opinion the world would be a better place without this rediculous holiday that turned everybody into greedy little monsters. So, the girl took a deep breath and walked over, praying that picking out a tree did not take long. Seph wanted to get this over with.

"Um... Hi, I'm Seph, are you who I'm supposed to meet for this whole, tree ordeal?" She muttered once she was close enough to the girl for her to hear her. The chick was still in the snow, but eh, she really could not blame her. Snow was fun, not to mention gorgeous, and it was possibly the only form of having fun during Winter Seph actually approved of.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

♪ 53

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/18/2010 10:44 PM

The purple haired girl stopped for a moment, just admiring the sky above. The sky was so blue, and the sun was out too. She made a mental note to herself to be careful of the snow glow. Suddenly a voice interrupted her thoughts. Klis twisted around in her position in the snow to peer up at the girl talking to her. "Hi!" she replied, "My name's Klis, nice to meet you! My master Lav told me to meet someone here to go Christmas tree hunting. I don't see anyone else around, so yes, I would think so." She squrmed around a bit more then continued, "I would totally shake your hand or something, but I'm kind of... stuck." The spot she chose for the snow angel must of been really deep, because Klis was almost a metre deep in snow, it was a wonder that the snow around hadn't collapsed on her yet. A giggle escaped the girl; the situation was hilarious if you really thought about it.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2010 1:36 PM

Oh god. Please dear god no.

Seph was dealing with a CHILD. A child. If she could without it being rude, Seph would have whimpered she was feeling that sorry for herself. The girl had managed to get herself stuck in the snow and she was laughing about it. But then again... That actually was quite normal. Hell, had she done it she woulda probably laughed for a little bit for yelling for help. The blonde sighed before extending a hand, "Want a little help then?" Seph tried a smile, she really didn't mean to be so serious, and usually she wasn't. It was just all this cheer she felt she had to balance out.

[3- ....I think she's a little bipolar.]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

♪ 54

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/20/2010 5:50 PM

Klis grasped the offered hand and pulled herself up.

"Thanks," she said cheerily, giving the girl a big smile.

Upright again, Klis shook the snow off herself; upending her boots and dusting off the powdery pieces of ice.

She looked around for the best place to start their mission. All the evergreens stood silently around them, though, with perfectly white snow covering their needles and branches.

She started to talk again, "So, what kind of tree do you want? Big one or a small one? Maybe a fat one... except that'd probably be pretty heavy. I think I'm going to find myself the biggest one ever, except I think Sparkulz already did that, and he's sharing with everyone. I don't think a tree like that would fit into our house anyway."

Sometimes it seems like she never stops.

(( -prods the bipolar lady- ))

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/20/2010 6:09 PM

Seph was about to cry. Seriously. She was actually intrested in getting a tree. But then again, she really should be too. After all the whole house was gonna kill her if she didn't come back with a decent-ish one. But it wouldn't be her fault. It would be theres. They knew she hated Christmas. They knew it, the knew it. So she should get a crappy one. As a testimate.

But no, that would be bad and Seph would feel bad. After all, she liked the people of the house. Kinda. Well mostly, er, not relaly. Nevermind. It was far too complicated. "Uhm. Not really sure. I'm playing by ear, or rather eye right now." Wow. Lame much? She didn't know! If she wasn't going to give up on it, she should have an idea. Wow. Just wow.

[4. I dunno what I'm doing anymore D8;]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

♪ 55

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/23/2010 5:19 PM

Klis cocked her head at the other girl. It seemed like she was having an internal debate. But what for? Christmas is a happy time, and nobody should be troubled during these times! She then decided to make this Christmas tree hunt real enjoyable for Seph.

"That's alright," chirped Klis, always the cheery one, "Sometimes you never know what tree you're looking for until you find the perfect one!"

She looked around, trying to find a direction to head off into first. In every direction, tall trees stood covered in sparkling new snow. A gentle wind blew across the clearing, taking grains of snow with it, creating an almost magical path of sparkles in the air. Shrugging, Klis grabbed a hold of the other girl's hand and started off in that direction. It might as well be a sign.

"Let's go!"

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/24/2010 5:46 PM

That's right. She didn't need to know what she was getting. All she needed to do was enjoy today. God... Why was she so jumpy? So jittery? It wasn't normal. Seph was trying to shake it off, she normally wasn't this conflicting! It was really starting to bug her. But she couldn't be a grump, she was here for a tree and a tree she would get.

"Yeah, guess so. Where do you wanna start? Because, if you don't mind, I'd like to go over to the Frazier Furs or White Spruces." Those were her favorite types of tree. The fraziers were green and the needles weren't pokey, but the branches were kinda weak, though the White Spruce was a lighter green and had sturdy branches, but it was a little bit more prickley.

[5]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/28/2010 9:07 PM

Klis was happy to see that Seph seemed to be happier. Hopefully she'll get into it and forget about whatever was bothering her.

"Hrmm... I'm not quite sure," she replied, "We can start wherever you want to."

She looked around for the mentioned trees. The same type probably grow together, right? They all kind of looked the same to her, though.

"I kind of... never went looking for trees, so you'll have to lead the way," she confessed with a nervous chuckle.

When I saw her question about the types of trees I was stumped for like ages. Because I never bought a tree before and I was just like, lulztheyhavenames? Except after that I felt stupid. Of course they have names. They're trees. And trees have types. Species. Whatever. |:

-shot for really really short post-

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate