A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Adventures at the Shrine (Private, Hunter Hunt)

Postby Thunder » 01/16/2011 2:39 PM

It was unusual to see Ge'suket outside the Hall of Amnesty and Remembrance. Another monk was called to take his place there so he could have a break, and although he didn't really want to leave the hall, orders were orders. So the Kuhna found himself in the main hall, watching as people entered and left the shrine, listening to their muffled conversations. Even though he had spent so long in this place, Ge'suket never got too many chances to interact with the visitors aside from assisting them with their various issues. The shrine was a very quiet place where not much happened aside from prayer. In a way, it was pretty lonely.

But Ge'suket didn't mind. He had lived here for the majority of his life. He had gotten used to the pace of things. Sometimes he wondered whether he'd appreciate a change or not, but because he had little knowledge of the outside world, he wasn't sure if he would...

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Adventures at the Shrine (Private, Hunter Hunt)

Postby amapup » 01/17/2011 10:28 AM

It was an odd sight, seeing this person trudging up the mountain steps towards the shrine. Light purple shaggy hair was tossed back on his head by the wind. He was wearing jeans with a slight flair at the bottom, and a keen observer could see the shine of metal poking out from underneath, chinking slightly at each step he took. The jeans overlapped a pair of short black boots. He was carrying three large hunks of metal in his arms, each threatening to fall at any moment of he wasn't careful. His breath frosted in the cold air as he reached the temple entrance.

A sigh escaped him as he entered the slightly warmer main hall. Walking to the side of the entrance as to not get in anyone's way, he  set down the metal objects as quietly and carefully as he could (which, being so large and carrying so many at the same time, wasn't easy to do). One of them fell over, but the man righted it, before slinging the heavy backpack off and taking off the large, puffy black coat he'd been wearing. There was enough protection from the wind in here to where he didn't need it anymore. He was wearing a blue-green T-shirt - and were those purple sparkles on it? He tied the coat around his waist, which, since the coat was so large and bulky, looked kindof odd.

Well, he was finally here. It was a long trip form his home in Aldrect, but it was one he felt neccessary if he wanted his creations to ever be 'true'. Ne'vor picked up the metal objects again, and approached the Hall of Amnesty and Remembrance with them, his footsteps quiet. It was above this entrance that the statue of Zu'hai stood, and Ne'vor paused, a couple feet away. Time to make his offering. It was too bad that the shelves the gods rested on were high up - not a good thing for him or his robots. But then again, the god might have been offended if he placed them on their pedastels...

He bent down setting two of the three objects down. Holding the third in his arms, he approached the doorway and reverently set it next to the entrance. These metal things, they appeared to be... robots? And identical, all three of them. He proceeded to do the same thing with the other robots, one going by the Hall of Purity and one going by the Halls of the Lost. He stood back, and putting his hands together, he bowed to the statues, his white-ringed blue tail swishing on the ground. Now he could only hope. Others might pray, too, but though Ne'vor wanted his robots to be accepted, he did not want to  beg the gods to accept something that in their eyes was inadequate.

(silver robot. hair is same color as evren breath)
(ooc: I just wrote a 475 word post *eyes bug out*)

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1008
Donate

Postby Ander » 02/14/2011 4:47 PM

The Voidbringer raised a grey head, snorting quickly at the flurry of flakes in the air. There was always a certain amount of snow whipping around the mountains' skies, but rarely did it grow as thick as this. There was a truly memorable snowfall coming to the mountains tonight - but he didn't need the sky to tell him that. Merely the fact that he was grounded, trudging claw-deep through drifting snowfall, was more than enough: Kaldereicht knew that it had long since become too cold for his gentler wings to support his flight. Had he proper, leather wings? Maybe he'd be airborne right now, winging back to his caverns to wait out the coming blizzard. But no, he - a gift from his mother, fah - had these, these fluttering things that looked more at home on a Florana's shoulders than on his own.

Kalder's strong neck bent back out of the path of rising snow. He squinted; there, in the distance, was the object of his search. The Temple of Basantha was a dark blob in the haze of snow, and Kalder headed for it without a second thought. If he was going to be grounded during a snowstorm, he might as well be grounded and warm.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/21/2011 5:48 PM

(OOC: Sorry! Didn't realize that Dis posted x3x)

As Ge'suket observed the steady stream of visitors, one particular boy caught his eye. He was a colorfully dressed fellow, though Ge'suket himself was very colorful, with his blues and reds and whatnot. Indeed, the Ancient Kuhna seemed very unique, and even a very experienced Kuhna breeder would not be able to assign a more specific classification to the feline priest than "Ancient". Ge'suket himself, though, had only seen as many Kuhnas as the ones who had entered Basantha, and wasn't aware of his uniqueness.

The boy who had caught his attention was also carrying three strange, metal objects. What were they? The Kuhna watched as he took the three items into each of the three halls. Ge'suket was urged to go up and inquire about what they were, but his duty as a priest was to answer, not to question.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/22/2011 10:54 PM

Ne'vor turned around, walking back to the entrance to pick up the bulging backpack he'd left there. Though it ended up being heaving as he managed to sling the bulky thing on his back. Straightening himself up, he couldn't help but glance outside the entrance. He paused, gaping. "Wow," he breathed.

Out in the snow, approaching the Shrine was a Paragon, whose colors seeme to eternalize the Fe'gan Mountains themselves. The butterfly wings on its back did nothing to diminish the young man's awe. He had never seen a paragon before, though he had heard stories about them. He'd heard sayings about them luring people away and eating them... though there were the different species. Ne'vor knew very little about the different species. He certainly couldn't identify one if asked to point one out. Which left him troubled on the matter of saftey.

Retreating from the entrance, Ne'vor noticed a monk staning to the side. Well, it was a Kuhna, really. Some sort of Ancient Kuhna, with a blue-and-black coloration the man had never seen before. But the Kuhna's sereneness, and the way it stood by so simply, calmly observing everything, made Ne'vor quite positive it was a monk. As he approached the monk, the hidden metal clanking softly, he noticed the monk looking at his robots curiously. But the paragon was Ne'vor's top priority.

"Hello," he said, stopping in front of the Kuhna. Ne'vor was sure there was some sort of honorific you were supposed to use with monks. It certainly wasn't Mr or Sir though. Brother, perhaps? But that just sounded so... weird. Ah well, too late anyways. "Are paragons dangerous?" Surely this monk would know more about paragons than he. Monks seemed to tend to be scholarary, and this was Basantha after all. Ne'vor decided to add in a quick note on the robots. "By the way, there's no need to worry about them. They won't do anything." he said, gesturing to the nearest metal hunk with his head so the monk would understand what he was talking about. He didn't want to give away too much; he was protective of his inventions, and he didn't want anything to happen to them that wasn't the gods' intervention.

(ooc: if you guys don't want him in human form, tell me, and I'll make him switch)

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ander » 05/15/2011 1:20 AM

He shook his head as he neared the Temple, scales glimmering mutely in the last of the rushing snowfall. There were no words to explain how happy Kalder was to see the place. He pushed himself, almost gently, underneath the dark stone overhang; shook layers of snow from his claws, and gouged long gashes in the drifts as he curled in his tail. The large Paragon could curl himself into a remarkably small ball when he had a mind to, and he did so now - he just managed to fit inside the building's entrance. Having done so, however, the best let out a grateful, deeply rumbling sigh ( not unlike a Taigra's purr ). He was warmer already.

It wasn't until he shook his head and began to uncoil that Kalder noticed he wasn't alone. How silly of him, now that he though about it. The temple was filled with monks all the time, he'd seen them before. Why wouldn't they be around now? "Er-hmm..." Kalder rasped, frowning slightly as he looked down at the figures in front of him. "I'm...sorry to interrupt? But I hope you'll forgive the intrusion, it's a real snowstorm out there." He said nothing about going back outside, and gods help them if they implied it. He didn't often make a habit of eating others, but come on. It was cold.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/16/2011 9:13 PM

(OOC: I'm fine with him in human form)

Ge'suket watched as the young boy looked outside the shrine entrance. Something seemed to have caught his attention, as a small "wow" escaped from his lips. And was that a flash of nervousness he saw on the boy's face? Just a few moments later, Ge'suket found the boy standing in front of him, asking if Paragons were dangerous.

"Paragons?" Ge'suket repeated quietly. "Well..." Ge'suket, quite honestly, did not know too much about the dragons. He occasionally heard the other monks tell tales about the great beasts, and how some of them could turn human and eat people, but he had never seen a Paragon himself. "I'm sure they could be, if they wanted to. I suppose it depends."

Then, there was the sound of heavy footsteps, and then a loud, grumbling sigh as a Paragon just so happened to walk into the shrine. Ge'suket looked up at its great, spiked head and its large, butterfly wings, which looked somewhat out of place on such a fearsome creature. All the same, the Paragon was awe-inspiring, and although he didnt' show it much, the monk was filled with wonder. Now the Paragon, too, was approaching, mentioning a snowstorm outside.

"That is fine," Ge'suket answered the dragon, trying to keep his voice as steady as possible. "All are welcome in this sacred shrine. You are welcome to stay as long as you'd like."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 05/20/2011 8:45 PM

The young man frowned. He didn't know? Weren't Paragons common in the mountains? Or was that just in the stories? He didn't ponder long though, for at the sound of a great rumbling he turned around, taking a step back. A huge spikey something rolled into the main hall, just barely fitting in the door. He brushed strands of purple hair away from his face as it uncurled, revealing itself to be the Paragon he'd spotted a few moments before. "WOW," Ne'vor repeated, this time more excited and elongated. He stared, his mouth open in a gaping grin. It was just like a dragon! Look at those spikes! And those colors! And the wings! And how it could curl itself up like a Rollaby. His eyes caught sight of the serious face, however, and he shut his mouth, his hands moving behind is back as he glanced away. "Sorry," he said quickly, apologetic and slightly embarrassed. "I've just never seen a real Paragon before..." His hands absentmindedly fiddled with his jacket for a second, before returning to normal. He couldn't help from sneaking a particualr awed glance every now and then.

He almost jumped as it spoke, looking up at it's great head. So it could speak in human languages! He knew he himself had an animal form, but he couldn't speak in it or anything. "I noticed it on my way in," he volunteered on the mention of the snowstorm, nodding his head as his gaze strayed. He still was uncertain on danger levels, and now that it was right in front of him he was increasingly worried. It probably wouldn't be easy to escape - it seemed to almost take up the whole room!

At that another thought entered his head. His robots! He took a quick look around, anxious. One was okay, X'aire's he couldn't see but it looked like it was good, and one that was fine so far, but that the Paragon's tail was dangerously close to. His robot worries were mostly soothed, but his fears on safety were too high to hold back. He had to voice them. "Um, excuse me, Mister..." he said , taking a step forward and looking back up at the Paragon's face. He didn't know what to call the Paragon, so he left it at that. Ne'vor glanced worriedly over at his endangered robot, before continuing. "What exactly to you uh, eat?" Some of his nervousness was betrayed in his voice and - was that a sliver of fear? Hopefully, the scientist thought, that question wouldn't backfire on him.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ander » 05/28/2011 6:37 PM

He had reached his full length, bones cracking softly as they, and their owner, readjusted to the sensations of warmth. Kalder's height was still hindered, his neck bent almost horizontally against the Temple's roof; but he wasn't about to complain. "My thanks, good Kuhna. I'm afraid I know nothing about 'sacred', but I'm glad for the stay nonetheless." It had been a long time since he'd seen Basantha Temple, and never had he entered it, yet the monks there were doing something right. The storm outside was nothing but a pretty memory!

No sooner had he finished speaking to the Kuhna than a soft exclamation stole his attention. Roving eyes turned quickly to the human-formed pet, his expression wavering between amusement and curiosity at the creature's reaction to him. Kalder had been privy to a great deal of Paragon skepticism in his lifetime, more so because of his wings - but never open awe. "Never seen a Paragon? What kind of rock do you live under, huh?" The draconian beast shook himself again, scales making soft sounds of protest. Grumpy though he sounded, he wasn't at all; the surprise was kind of nice, actually. "Please, no 'mister's. Just call me Kaldereicht. Kalder, if that's a mouthful." Oblivious to the young man's distress, his tail bumped lightly against the ground, narrowly missing said robot. "And...honestly, anything I can get my claws on. I try to stay away from anything sentient, though. Hard to enjoy your meal if its crying and sobbing at you." Although, to be fair, he wasn't perfect. And there had been those months when he'd gotten by on nothing but snow...but the Voidbringer didn't fancy making a habit of that.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/15/2011 5:40 PM

Ge'suket was inwardly amused at the young boy's awe over the Paragon, but his expression remained calm and did not reveal much emotion. He wasn't sure if the Paragon- Kaldereicht, was it?- felt cold from the storm or not, as he knew that Paragons were tough creatures, but perhaps the boy was cold too. "If you'd like," he said to the two, "I could prepare something warm to drink. Perhaps a soup, or just some warm water?" Ge'suket didn't know what sorts of things Paragon liked to drink. "I have some robes as well, but they'll only fit you, I have to say." The monk gestured towards Ne'vor.

(OOC: Sorry for lateness. Had to study for finals and such.)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 06/25/2011 11:42 PM

(at summer camp)

Ne'vor figeted uncomfortably when the Paragon questioned him. "I wouldn't say that, no, I don't really. You just don't see them around the city around much. Or I never have seen them.." His voice faded away, as he not-fully-conciously looked down. His voice was quieter and more introverted the net time he spoke. "Sorry if I offended you or anything-" his head lifted up here, his red eyes looking up at the Paragon before they lowered again and he quickly continued. "- I've never been very... good when it comes to socializing." His face was sheepish, if one could get past the low angle and purple hair to see it. And their was pleading there too. To be accepted?

As the moments passed he returned himself to a straigther position, his hands clasped tightly together in front of him. He nodded in acknowledgement of the Paragon's name. Kalder. I'll have to remember that. He was still nervous all the same, and he couldn't help but outwardly wince this time. If the gods were to judge his robots he'd have to leave at some point. But he didn't want any outsiders interfiering with their judgement, and he didn't trust Kalder to not damage them. The logical thing to do then would be to somehow go somewhere with him. But where? Outside was out of the picture. He didn't want to test how well his jacket worked when he was buried under the snow. Then there were the side halls. It was possible the Paragon could fit through the doorways the way he'd come in, but then what? He was already taking up most of the main hall, and the Hall of Amnesty wasn't nearly as large.

Ne'vor felt trapped. A part of him wanted to tell Kalder to take caution, but he wasn't sure it was wise to say so. At the Paragon's reply to his question, he was gladder he hadn't. The answer, though, comforting, was only mildly so. He didn't wan't to upset the reptile if he could help it.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry," he said, turning to the monk, as the metal under his jeans clinked. "Oh no, I don't need any," he said about the robes, adjusting the coat tied around his waist to make his point. Despite the snowstorm, it was actually a nice temperature  inside.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Kalder0.4

Postby Ander » 07/03/2011 5:45 PM

( No worries, Thunder. Aussie, have fun! )

Again, the Kuhna's words were met with a smile. Kalder was beginning to like him, as he seemed to be a good and sensible creature. Absently, the Paragon wondered if all monks were; he'd been rather guilty of thinking of the lot of them as overly religious ninnies. "I should like a warm soup, if it wouldn't be a bother. And if you could bring out the largest set of those robes, I could change into something a little more...accommodating." He had the rest of the room in mind in this. It really was rude of him to take up all of his space when he supposed he didn't have to.

Taking care to keep his limbs to himself, Kalder once again gathered his legs, tail and formidable head into a ball. It would be nice and regal to say that his shift was graceful - or perhaps powerful and earth-shaking, like his father's. But in fact, the smallish Voidbringer just seemed to...melt. It was a disconcerting effect to most eyes, seeing his scales ripple and tumble together like a snowdrift in winter's winds. Only his wings seemed unchanged, their spread still massive in comparison to his rapidly shrinking body. In no time at all, they were actually large enough to cover the mottled ball of Paragon - making it seem all the stranger when, with a final shudder and embarrassed cough, a slightly smaller Frost head poked out of the delicate folds.

Standing on much more humanoid legs (though still bent-backwards in Paragon fashion), the now anthro-shaped Kalder shifted his wings into an encompassing mantilla. And just as well, since this smaller form could not go as freely without clothes as his natural one. "Sorry about that," the male murmured, pale eyes jumping from monk to inventor before settling on Ne'vor. "Other Paragon can do that more cleanly. Hopefully, though, I'll be less unsettling to you now." A much smaller tail rasped the stone around his legs.

( Kalder now looks something like this - except with his proper coloring and Fairy wings. )
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/06/2011 7:33 PM

Ge'suket noticed that Ne'vor seemed quite nervous, perhaps frightened of the Paragon, but he did not question. Kalder did not seem very aggressive, so the monk personally was not worried. He wanted to say something to comfort the boy, but he wasn't sure what he could say, and he feared that he might offend Kalder. So Ge'suket kept silent, like he did most of the time.

When Kalder said that he could "change into something more accommodating", though, Ge'suket wanted to ask how. He didn't need to, however, as right away Kalder curled up into a ball and started...transforming? It was quite the spectacle, and there was a look of surprise on the Kuhna's face. He watched as the large Paragon turned into an anthropomorphic version of itself, becoming significantly smaller in the process. Ge'suket blinked.

"My..." he mused. "I've never seen anything...quite like that before." He stared in awe at Kalder's new form, then quickly remembered his duties. "I will bring the robes right away." Still amazed, Ge'suket scuttled away into another hall, leaving Ne'vor alone with Kalder.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate