A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Dancers and Dilemmas. [P, Duskie]

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 7:25 AM

Tears poured down his face. He didn't realize just how much destruction he had wrought, just how much he was hated. He was the scourge of Evelon. He didn't even notice when she began to apply the ointment. "I can't live like this. I can't let myself live." He whispered harshly, slowly pulling away from her and walking into the snow in a daze, sitting in the middle of a snow drift, he let the snow begin to pile up around him, and he didn't care. The cold was welcoming, it would become warm before he died.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 7:33 AM

"Oh bloody hell. Stupid, ignorant men. Pigs, all of you!" She yelled to the monks after Belias had strode outside. "You're all bloody pigs!"  With that she took off her dark coloured coat and ran outside. The first thing that hit her was the cold, it was biting, she gasped at just how freezing it was before staggering towards Belias, the snow was falling thickly now, though thankfully there was no wind. She sat down in the snow, trying to ignore the fact the cold was biting into her skin. "Do me one favour, you miserable oaf, come back inside the temple or I shall sit here and slowly freeze to death, aswell." She was already shivering, the cold was having a much greater effect on her. Being a desert creature, freezing to death in a place like this was probably her worst nightmare. She curled up in a ball, hoping to anyone out there that Belias would see sense and come inside, because she'd be dead long before the cold killed him.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 7:37 AM

Belias roared with fury, grabbing her by the back of her shirt and quite literally throwing her back inside the temple, his eyes blazing with fury, he sat back into the snow drift, ignoring the outside world. He would happily continue to throw that girl, that stupid, dumb girl, back into that temple as many times as he could. But then he realized something.

Why did he care if she lived or died?

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 7:57 AM

"Let me go, you pig!" She yelled, and he did soon enough, though not quite in the way she was expecting. As she landed inside temple, she twisted over and handed on her hand. Pain flashed through it as she got up, it looked fine, but Zari knew it was probably fractured. As Belias walked away, she did something she hadn't done in years, she cried. It wasn't because of the fact she was freezing cold and still shivering, or the pain in her hand, it was just utter frustration and the fact that she was trying to save someone who was practically twice her size. Someone who could quite readily kill her if he wanted to.

This time when she stepped out of the temple, she wore her boots and coat again. Her breath rose in clouds as she walked toward the man, tears of frustration resting on her eyelashes. "Please, just think about this for a moment. Think about what you're doing, please. I can't force to to change your mind, nor can I force you inside the temple, but is this really how you want to die?" She offered him her hand, a purple bruise now showing on her dark olive skin. Upon noticing this she quickly swapped hands, resting her injured hand in the pocket of her coat.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 8:04 AM

Belias roared in frustration, grabbing her now injured hand out of her pocket, not noticing that he might be hurting her, he pointed to it sharply. "Look at this! Look at what I've done to you! And I've done so much worse, and I'm going to do so much worse if I carry on!" Tears began to fall down his face. "People better than me have died for inane reasons, have died because they were trying to protect someone, why should I, a mass murderer, someone who tried to wipe out a whole race, someone who has nothing left to live for, be allowed to live when I've left so many children without parents? Brothers without sisters, sisters without brothers, parents without children!"

He dropped the hand and backed away, pounding his open palms on his chest, tears now streaming down his face, his eyes filled with pain. "Why should I be allowed to live!?" He practically screamed, watching her with pained eyes, hoping she would tell him the answer.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 8:15 AM

After his yelling, she was silent for a long time, her blue eyes looking up into his face, as if trying to find all the answers he was looking for in his own features. "First things first, a fractured hand is nothing. I've had worse injuries from kuhnas. It was my own fault, anyway."

"And you should be allowed to live," Zari began. "Because you've got a soul. Yes, you have done terrible things, while you were blinded by rage and the loss of someone close to you, that doesn't make it right, but if I were Keahi, looking down on you, I'd forgive you. I will admit that there's blood on my hands, too, everyone has done things they regret." That was possibly the nicest thing she'd ever said to anyone, she usually this kind, but the battlheart needed it.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 8:24 AM

He felt tears pouring down his face in larger torrents and he sat in the snow again. "I should never be forgiven. I'm a monster." He whispered to himself, letting his sobs wrack through his chest. "Please. Go inside. I don't want anyone to see this." He spoke quietly and softly, morphing into his battleheart form, he felt his claws scrape through the snow and he watched them, as if in a trance. He didn't want this girl to die because he wanted a slow death. So he would give himself a quick one, so she wouldn't have to stay with him.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 8:40 AM

"No, you're not a monster! A true monster wouldn't even stop to think about it, they wouldn't feel regret or self-loathing or any of that! Listen to me, please." She emptied out her pockets, sweet wrappers tissues, crumpled photographs and broken necklace chains fell onto the snow. Surely she has something useful, somewhere? Picking one of the few crumpled photographs she sighed. "Do you want to know who's really a monster? The people who raided my village in the Wilt'no, they took any food, any valuables we had and slaughtered anyone that got in their way. When there wasn't anything left, they started taking people to be sold as slaves. Those were the real monsters not you, not to mention what they did to some of the young women before they were sold." She took a breath, wiping tears of her face.  "You could help by saving lives, you could change things! Help me find my sister that went missing, please!" she said desperately, trying to scrape together any reason at all as to why he shouldn't do this.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 9:34 AM

He shook his head slowly, as if to lift a fog off his mind. He rose his claws to his throat and tilted his head back. The tears had since subsided, he slowly tilted his head back down and lowered his claws. Scooping up the young girl, he brought her to eye level. "Why would you want me to help you?" His glowing eyes narrowed, his nostrils snorted out hot air into her face, his large teeth shining white in the light as he spoke. "Tell me." He growled.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 9:54 AM

Zari tried not to look to surprised as the battleheart picked her up. "Many people from my village where scattered all over the place, families torn apart. We've tried to find some of those that went missing years ago, but we can only go so far. Everyone assumes that they're dead, but they could be anywhere. I can't go looking for those that went missing on my own." Recently, the idea of trying to find her missing family had been taunting her. The practical side of her kept saying that they must be dead, there was no way they could be found now, but she couldn't help but wonder. "If people I know are still travelling with the people that slaughtered my village, I can't fight them. I'd be dead meat, just another silly little plaything for them to torture." Her words were hurried, and slightly panicky,  she wasn't sure if she believed that they could ever find those missing people, but they might be able to find those treasure hunters and save any slaves they were travelling with.  "You could save lives, Belias."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 9:59 AM

"No." He said simply placing her down. "I will not be saving any, I will be taking some for the lives of others." His eyes narrowed slightly. He needed time to think on this. Belias gave a soft sigh and looked over at her. "Just, give me time to think." He slowly turned away from her, making his way back into the temple and towards the candles, durling up on the floor, letting the dim warmth warm his scales as he basked in the candlelight, his glowing eyes closed as he thought over everything that could go wrong, how many people he could save, how many people he would have to kill.

He didn't want to kill anyone anymore.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 10:07 AM

"What do you mean-" As he started speaking again, Zari fell silent. "This may sound counter-productive after everything that's gone on, but some people would be better off dead, people who only care about themselves, who only care about how much money they can make. If there's one thing you are not, Belias, it's selfish." His blind devotion to his dead lover proved that much. Her tone was persuasive, and the young woman half wondered if she was pushing her luck. Nevertheless she nodded and let him walk towards the temple. She too, headed inside, though she sat several feet away from Belias, leaning against the temple wall with her eyes closed.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 10:19 AM

Saying nothing, Belias slowly opened his eyes, watching the candles dance. Was it true? Did some people really deserve to die? Then why shouldn't he die? "You called me the scourge of Evelon, and yet you want to help me. Why?" Belias asked, watching the candles with an interest, obviously directing his question at the female cavallion.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/18/2011 10:26 AM

"You're a bit of an idiot, Belias, but you're not an entirely bad person. You've done some things that aren't great, but you're not a bad person." She didn't move as she spoke, Zari only opened an eye, watching him incase he decided to do something stupid. "The dedication you have to Keahi is moving, and I believe that if someone still has some good in them, it can be brought out." She was an optimistic person, if anything it was the trait that most showed through in times like these.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2011 10:32 AM

"It doesn't matter how much devotion I have to her. She's dead anyway." He grumbled, turning away from her. His wings were folded tightly against his back as he curled his tail around himself, huffing as he rolled completely onto his side. Placing one of his clawed hands over his muzzle, he let out a low, keening noise of loss and sorrow, a noise that could of broken anyone's heart.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer