A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Just one quick rest stop, but we have to go, OK? [P for now]

Postby Freezair » 09/10/2011 2:44 AM

Most people would have reacted strangely to the sight of two small children wandering by themselves in the vast expanse of Basantha Shrine, had they been able to see the children in the first place.

The older of the two children, for certain values of "older," was a dark-haired little girl with dark eyes to match and a once-sweet, lacy dress now stained with age and rough play. Eagerly, she took the little boy by the hand. She was perhaps five, and he perhaps three. He followed her with a kind of fitful excitement, partially gazing around in wonder and partially wanting to stop and suck his thumb from the censory overload. They did not wait for the door to open. The two children simply went transparent for a moment, and passed through the gates, into the realms of the great temple.

A tall monk shuffled past, and the boy suddenly grew frightened. He hid behind the girl. One of her arms changed in the blink of an eye; blue, green, and white claws suddenly sprung from it. The monk passed them on, but the boy looked at her hand with relief.

Here in the temple, enough were spiritually attuned that some might have seen them. Certainly, the monks sensed their presence, and many looked their way without knowing what they were looking at.

The girl brushed back her hair and looked at her companion. "You want to see more?"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Just one quick rest stop, but we have to go, OK? [P for

Postby jobiehanna » 09/11/2011 12:11 PM

The male lucain looked slightly out of place as he walked around the shrine with a look of loss on his face. He had come in earlier to have a quiet place to lament about his lost comrades from years ago. It was the anniversary of the day his sledding mates and he perished. But now he couldn't find his way out. As he passed the monks he just couldn't ask directions because they looked so peaceful and busy.

As he thought he found the exit, he noticed two forms out of the corner of his eye, though he wasn't sure if it was there or not. He spun around and saw nothing but what looked like the outline of two children. He squinted and blinked his eyes a few times, but the outlines stayed there.

What was wrong with his eyes? He had never seen anything like this before, even after his return from the realm of the dead. Maybe he had inherited some kind of power to see what is beyond this world, it did make sense, if he thought about it. He'd never really been around a place where spirits roamed, and this shrine was certainly that kind of place. But he didn't know what to do in this situation. He just ended up staring at the two outlines  looking rather awkward.

((I hope that's okay. He was dead once, he's actually a living being now and just discovering his ability to see and communicate with spirits and similar beings, if that make sense. :3))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/11/2011 1:42 PM

((THat's fine. :D))

The hairs on the back of the little girl's head prickled.

Someone could see them. Moreover, they were staring.

She looked around, skimming past the rows of candles and monks in silent prayer. Someone saw them. Who? Not any of thsoe with their heads bent. That one? No. That one? No, he was moving. But she fixated on a figure which did not seem to be a monk at all. This strange person seemed to be a visitor to the temple as well. And he was looking at them.

Dulce grabbed the little boy's hand again ahd pulled him near towards her. "Someone sees us," she said. "Stay close to I. Don't know if dangerous, but be careful."

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/11/2011 5:04 PM

Meeko flinched. He heard a voice and it sounded a little hostile. Where they afraid of him? He blinked, realizing that his staring was probably freaking them out. Maybe if he talked to them... but what would the monks think of him talking to the air? Wait, could they see the pair as well?

He let out a breath through his teeth. He didn't want to be looked at like he was crazy. Well, these people communicated with other worldly beings, right? He cleared his throat. "Um, hi," he said quietly, looking around him. The monks hadn't really taken notice yet... "I'm not gonna hurt you," he added a little louder. This time he got an odd look or two.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/12/2011 10:36 PM

Dulce was blunt.

"You can see us? How do you do this?"

The little boy, bless him, did not quite seem to realize what was going on. As small children often did, he did not realize yet that he was truly dead. He hadn't put the pieces together yet--the flying, the going through things--but Dulce was much older than she looked.

A pair of ghostly wings appeared from Dulce's back. That said "angel" to most people very quickly. Just in case this person was dangerous, she wanted him to know what he was dealing with.

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/13/2011 7:24 AM

Meeko was taken aback by her bluntness and stumbled over his words a little bit. "I, ah, yeah, I see you, but not exactly... just fuzzy glowing shapes," he started off. He looked nervously at the one monk who just walked by staring at him. The guy probably thought the poor lucain was crazy.

He still had to answer the figure's second question, which even he was having a hard time coming to terms with. "I, ah, don't really know," this time he sounded like he was questioning his own answer. "I think... um, because... ah, I was dead once?" He didn't really understand the whole concept. All he knew was that he saw two shapes, and that he could hear them talking and... well, he could talk back.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/13/2011 9:51 PM

Blobs? ...Dead?

She quickly relaxed. Her wings vanished back into her shoulder blades, and her appearance was once more wholly little girl. But this fellow did not see even that, if he was speaking the truth. She regarded him suspiciously.

"You know the land of the dead?"

The little boy began to squirm. He was so very little, and so very insistent, she hadn't yet had time to explain his death to him. Now was the moment when it chose to realize itself to him. "Dead... dead!" His voice grew panicked. "We're dead, aren't we? You... you're taking me away from Mama! I'm dead and you're taking me!" He began to sob.

"Shhh... shh... No llores, do not cry. There is no need to cry. Will explain. But first... oh dear."

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/14/2011 7:31 AM

The lucain tilted his head, still trying to decide what these shapes were. "Uh, yeah... I died once," he said slowly, the thought was still knew to him that he could see spirits and hear them. His eyes darted to the sound where the second voice was. It sounded so much younger than the other one. By the panicked tone of this second voice, he could tell that he had upset someone, but he didn't really know what to do about it.

"I, uh, I'm sorry," he decided on saying. It was difficult for him to realize that the spirits had feelings and fears, but if he thought about it, it did make sense. But he was making such a mess for these two. Why hadn't he just continued on?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/15/2011 11:59 AM

"Shhh, shh." She looked towards the man, then her charge, and then him again. "We will ride," she said to the little boy. "Suggest you come outside, and we will ride."

She moved toward the entrance of the temple, looking mysteriously behind her at the man. She had her job to do, but he was intriguing her. "Suggest you come also," she said, beckoning him with her finger even if he couldn't make it out. "I want to ask you of things. How come back? I will let you see me if you talk."

Outside, away from the prying eyes of the monks, Dulce changed.

A whirling shape appeared in the middle of the equally-whirling snow, and the shape that had once been a little girl spiraled upward and changed. Resplendent in the full body of an angel, Dulce became her true form--the great death's-head dragon, the Grim Paragon, her glowing eyes glimmering with a strange kindness from inside her bleached skull. The vast tent of her white wings served as a space for the little boy to hide, and amidst the snow, very little of her was obvious save for the beautiful, almost glowing colors running down her side. She looked down at the figure curiously, wondering how he would react.

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/15/2011 6:25 PM

Meeko wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but he followed the pair outside. That's when he saw the one glowing blob grow. It looked like it could have been some kind of giant lizard with wings, but, even when he squinted, it was hard to make out the shape perfectly. What kind of spirit was this? He was a little shocked, and wondered if this was safe...

But the longer he stood there, the more he wanted to find out more about these creatures and how the whole seeing and communicating with the spirits worked. But... he couldn't really get onto a large lizard thing with wings when he had four legs and two tails. He concentrated, and soon he was a human with spiky black and dark gray hair and light blue eyes. He shivered and hugged his jean jacket around his body against the cold. It was so much warmer with fur!

He looked at the figure once more. "So, um... what do I do?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/16/2011 9:26 PM

((Dulce is fully visible now, to everyone. Meeko should be able to see her fine... unless he doesn't recognize Paragon. In which case, carry on with your big lizard description.))

"Answer my questions, please," Dulce said. She clicked her tongue at him strangely. "Why change? Fur is much warmer, yes? I changed so that you may see me in truth."

The ghost of the little boy was as he always was, a chilly blur clinging to her back. She hushed him. "Please wait," she said, her voice soft. He was quiet now, awed by her true form. And from the outside, Basantha--the temple he had begged to come see, as his one last request--was still quite beautiful. He watched in slightly burbly quiet while Dulce asked her questions.

"You said that you died, once," Dulce said. "But you are no longer dead. How happen? How come back?"

Far off, in the realm of spirits, a certain spirit woke from a nap. Her soul rumbled. She was being called.

[6, 14]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/17/2011 4:39 PM

((Oh, alright, I didn't realize that. XD))

Meeko was a little confused as to what was going on. He was completely happy to talk with this spirit creature, but... he was just a little confused. He squinted at the form, and it came into focus. So, it was a paragon he was seeing. He felt a little foolish now that he hadn't recognized her when she had changed at first.

"Well, I uh, it's all a little fuzzy to me, actually," he said. "Well, uh, I died in a snow storm protecting my owner and pack. One of the gods, I'm not sure which, thought that my sacrifice in my other life was worthy of being granted a second chance at life."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/18/2011 10:54 PM

Falling back into the snow, Dulce looked pensive. "A second chance... for a deed good?"

But if it was for a good deed, surely she could explain herself.

"Call myself Dulce. Am a figure of death. I take children to die... Not kill them!" She looked at him insistantly. "Help them. When they die because of other things... It is scary for the children to die. I help them arrive at... the other place. Have seen many people go from here to that place... Did not know it was possible, to come back."

She looked at him meaningfully, as if doing so would extract information from him. But, from behind him, a small voice spoke. Dulce looked up rapidly.

"Pardon me... One of you have a wish?"

[7, 15]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/19/2011 9:41 PM

"Uh, yeah," he said. "I guess I never really thought about it, but I guess they thought my life was cut short too soon. Maybe there are bigger things in store foe me, I don't know," Meeko shrugged and continued to look at the paragon before him. It was really quite breath taking how beautiful a creature who guides children to the after life was.

He was about to speak again, but the voice behind him caught his attention. He spun around to see who was behind him. He was caught off guard when he saw another creature with an aura. He opened his mouth to speak, but maybe this whole thing was just out of his league.

((Is Esperanza completely visible to people? I wasn't sure, so I just left it kinda vague.  :oops: ))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/19/2011 11:30 PM

((She can be seen now, so yes.))

Dulce raised her head. "Wish...? Not I made a wish. Don't believe so. Make a wish, little one?" She looked behind her back. But to her, the boy shook his head.

"Seeing this place was my wish, but you're late, miss. Why?"

The Diosol's wings fluttered behind it, but did not beat. It circled the head of the gentleman, Meeko, and looked at him. "I sensed a wish," she said, and looked at all present. "I am a Keeper of Wishes Ungranted. Certain no one made a wish?"

"I wish to know things," Dulce said, "but not a wish like that. Only want to know... sir... do you remember the coming back? Was like what? Being... brought back?"

Esperanza, puzzled, looked at Dulce. "I feel wish, coming from you... Sure was not your wish?"

Dulce just shook her head.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next