A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

I'm fine, it only hurts a little. [P, PG-13, Me & Sky]

Postby MythicDusk » 01/15/2012 8:58 AM

Gasping for breath, Betty pressed her hand hard against her left arm, hanging there uselessly, blood seeping through her fingers. She slowly pulled her hand away, watching the red substance stick to her hand and her arm, a deep and thick gash on her upper arm. Her scarf fell from around her neck as she staggered forward, her eyesight getting fuzzy and beginning to rock wearily on her feet. She didn't know where Gyro was. She was trying her hardest to care, but she was just so tired, and her mind was so hazy. Slowly, she leaned against a wall, hissing softly as the impact sent a jolt of pain to her arm, and she slid to the floor, still applying pressure on the wound, hoping and praying that the bleeding would stop. there were also deep gashes down her back, and one or two on her legs. She had an unfortunate run-in with a feral Albie, and as such, it had attacked her and caused her great harm, a large bite wound on the lower left arm also shown this. but, like her, she didn't fight back, she simply smiled down at the creature, hushing it into a calm state, and eventually, it let go and fled.

Now, she sat in the snowy mountains, in an old shrine, bleeding out from her wounds. She slowly looked up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry for not showing you what the world could be like, Gyro." She mumbled gently, her eyes slowly closing as she began to fall into a dangerous sleep that she might never wake.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: I'm fine, it only hurts a little. [P, PG-13, Me & Sky]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/04/2012 7:40 PM

"Stupid girl!" , a growl errupted angrily from a strange form as it appeared from seemingly out of nowhere to sink down beside the injured girl.  It was a young man, only his short bright red spiky hair sticking out from the white background.  His clothes were starting to stiffen from the sweat and cold winds, small snowflakes sticking to his form all over.  "I told you not to follow me!  What on earth happened to you?"  The man shouted, raising a hand to gently shake the woman on her should so she would wake.  His hand dropped from her shoulder after a few seconds with a hiss as a jolt of pain hit the man.  It would appear that he himself were also worse for the wear as, through a torn shirt, there were clear gashes and bruising on his shoulder and lower arm.  

Though it may not have been obvious at that moment, the man was indeed Gyro.  In his pursuit of Drex, he had taken off in such a fury of anger that he had strayed far up in the icy mountains.  He had left the girl with warning to stay back but obviously his words had gone ignored.  His confrontation left him battered and bruised and reduced to his human form to traverse the thick snowy terrain.  He had come across the shrine with intent to nurse what wounds he could and there was were he found Betty, in even worse condition than himself!  What a pain this girl was...  

He looked around, unsure of what he should do.  Normally he wouldn't care but there was a small part of him that still felt responsible for her injuries.  And he didn't want that blood on his hands.  He shifted his weight around to where he was kneeling on his knees, injured arm resting on his thighs.  With his good hand he tapped her a few times on the cheek, hoping to get a response.  "Hey!  Hey, wake up!  Don't you dare die on me!"

[15]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby MythicDusk » 02/16/2012 12:51 PM

"I'm not dying." She mumbled softly, pulling her face away as her brow furrowed, grunting softly as the movement caused her pain down her back. "I'm just so tired, Gyro..." She whispered softly, her head falling onto her chest weakly. "It's so cold." She sighed softly, but obviously unable to find the strength to shiver. "Good friends don't leave their friends alone on a snowy mountain." She looked up at him, her eyes bleary and a weak smile spreading across her lips. "I wanna be a good friend, Gyro." She spoke sloppily, sliding across the wall and falling heavily onto her side, her eyes closed and a thick trail of blood left across the wall.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/17/2012 11:29 PM

His body eased a bit as he leaned back away from her, though he began to shiver from the nip of the wind.  So she was still alive ... well, for now.  Good.  If she was going to die, she was going to have to do it on her own time as far as Gyro was concerned.  His hand fell into a fist as he angrily slammed it down into the snow and ice.  

"Idiot!  I told you not to interfere!"  He let out a growl in defeat as the girl fell to the ground, obviously losing strength quickly.  It wasn't clear to him how long she'd been like this so how long she had left up here was a mystery...  He gritted his teeth and shook his head.  It wasn't like he could help her much in this condition.  He painfully removed his ripped shirt, hissing as his bare skin met the elements but he moved on, proceeding to rip the cloth into long strips.  "Stupid stupid stupid..." he huffed.  Using one piece of the shirt, he sloppily dressed his own wounds before shifting over to Betty.

Slowly, he pushed himself up against the wall beside her, lifting her head to lay it across his lap.  Taking the largest piece of his shirt that remained, he covered her carefully for warmth.  Then, hesistating a bit before touching her back with a cloth-wrapped hand to apply pressure, Gyro proceeded to dress Betty's wounds to the best of his abilities though his moves were a bit awkward as he'd only ever catered to himself before.  His eyes flitted nervously from the girl's face to her wounds and then back as he looked for signs of discomfort or errors in his movements.   "You ... still with me?" he asked softly.  "What hurts the most?"

[16]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/17/2012 11:39 PM

Betty winced softly as her head was moved, and she slowly opened one eye, noticing he wasn't wearing a shirt, her nose wrinkled slightly. "You're going to be cold." She mumbled softly, grabbing the end of her long, rainbow scarf and slowly pulling it closer to herself. she hugged it to her chest for a few short moments and then ignoring her injured arm, she passed it back to Gyro. "Please." She mumbled softly, hissing in pain as her arm began to leak blood again, and she quickly pressed her hand to it, feeling the blood seep from between her fingers, she clenched her jaw and attempted to put on a brave face, ignoring the tears that tracked their way down her face.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/18/2012 12:15 AM

When she spoke, he looked at her with a slightly softer expression before quickly looking away again.  "No I'm not.  Don't worry about it."  It was a lie as he could feel small tremors in his core beginning to grow from the cold but he focused on his hands to push the thought away.  Her offer of her scarf was also ignored as her arm began to bleed again.  Quickly, Gyro leaned over her, grabbing her hand to pull in onto his lap and pressing cloth on it roughly.  He took the scarf from her only to hoist it under her head as a sloppy pillow before shifting around to her side.  "Shh... ah.  Gotta stop the bleeding.", he mumbled to himself as he reached out and scooped up a handful of snow, rubbed it onto her arm to clean it up, then reapplied pressure.  

Before long he had managed to wrap up her arm tightly enough to cover the wound.  He wasn't sure how long it'd last but it was all he could think of right now.  Hands covered in blood, he wiped them on the seat of his pants absent-mindedly before a sudden chill hit him hard and he began to shiver hard with teeth chattering.  It would seem that taking a human form in this arctic area had been a deadly choice.  He'd have to change back if he wanted to avoid the pain of frostbite.  Taking a moment to shift back into his Fellox form, Gyro was back by her side in seconds, his plush tails brushing up against her softly.  It was an uncomfortable gesture from the male but he knew that, while this body was weak in a brawl, it was much better suited for the cold than that of human skin.

[17]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2012 12:25 AM

Betty felt his warm pelt against her, and she instinctively moved towards it, slowly, she sat up, ignoring she trembles that now ran through her from from the chill and she forcefully wrapped the scarf around his neck, and gave him a soft smile. "I know you don' wanna wear it, but if I don' make it out, take it t' Shy, please." Her voice was already growing sloppy because of the cold, and she buried her face into Gyro. "Please, as a las' wish." She spoke sloppily, her body moving on instinct as she moved closer to the warmth that was Gyro, laying on her side, her legs attempting to shuffle her forward, but only amounting to a weak and somewhat erratic twitching.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/18/2012 6:15 PM

Without hands the fellox could only growl in protest as she forced the scarf upon him once again.  But he allowed it if only because he himself was also feeling pretty worn.  The high elevation paired with the cold air made breathing quite hard, which in itself took a lot out of Gyro.  His ear twitched as he barely caught snippets of what Betty was saying.  Her words were starting to slur.  Not a reassuring sign.  But he had caught "don't make it" out of her words.

"Die on your own time, girl.  I won't be responsible for that."  It was clear to Gyro what he'd have to do now.  If they stayed here in this small shrine they'd freeze for sure.  They would have to get to the main shrine.  He knew that Betty for sure wouldn't last if they'd try to traverse back down the mountain.  Basantha would have to do.  

His eyes fell onto the girl who was huddled around him, making his ears flick back in an awkward motion.  No hands.  "Bother...", he sighed.  He would have to play pack-mule it would seem.  That or .. freeze with no shirt now in human form.  As best he could, Gyro slowly inched himself under the girl's limp body, trying to position her across his back securely.  "Uh ... hold on to me ... if you don't want to fall."  

[18]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2012 7:43 PM

Betty slowly and rather weakly wrapped her arms around Gyro's neck, her body only moving because Gyro had told her to. It felt like there was ice in her joints and snow in her veins, her fingers slowly turning an interesting shade of blue, unable to even find the strength to keep her eyes open, Betty quickly lost the strength in order to keep any sort of hold on Gyro, her grip quickly falling away as she seemed to faint from the cold.

(Ohlawdit'ssobad.)

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/18/2012 8:42 PM

Gyro waited for the girl to get a grip, noticing the color leaving her fingers already as her hands slowly wrapped around his neck.  Feeling little movement from her body, he took it upon himself to hoist her up with a sharp shrug of his shoulders.  The move reminded him of his own injury as pain shot through his shoulder and he nearly fell forward, stumbling to the side to compensate for the lack of balance.  This would not be easy but there was no other option.  

He got moving.  Out into the wind he stepped, drawing in a hiss of a breath as the cold snow pelted against them both.  His paws stung awfully with each step into the deep snow drifts.  They crunched loudly under the weight but he had to admit the stick-fastness of the icy snow did help his footing better.  He moved slowly as to not risk loosing the girl; he knew she wouldn't be able to hold on if he moved sporadically.

After many trecherous minutes, the shrine's silohuetted form emerged from the snow much to Gyro's pleasure.  Quickly, he shuffled his frozen limbs up the stoop and shoved his way into the door, shivering uncontrolably.  Inside he was greeted with a warm atmosphere that stung at first but numbed his body comfortably as he stumbled onto the floor exhausted.  An ear flicked back towards Betty.  ".. Hey ... Hey, wake up ... "  His breathing was hard and voice raspy as he listened for a reply.

[19]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/18/2012 9:51 PM

Slowly sliding off him, Betty landed heavily on her injured arm, but not even that seemed to wake her, she seemed to simply wrinkle her nose in mild discomfort, as if someone had lifted the blanket a slight on her bed on a mildly uncomfortable day. Slowly, she came around as the warmth seemed into her bones, and the fiery pain that burned up her arm became powerful, and she screamed. When the scream died down, she attempted to move her arm, but only managed to roll off it, forcing herself to cry out as she landed heavily on her injured back, tears spilling down her face as she stared at the ceiling, the pain vicious and unrelenting.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/26/2012 7:23 PM

He took in a long breath of relief as he felt the girl move - a good sign, also now he could breath easier without the extra weight.  His lungs ached as he breathed in but he turned slightly to observe the girl.  

"B-Betty?" he breathed slowly, ears flicking forward.  However his rest was short lived as the girl let out a chilling scream that echoed off the walls of the shrine.  Gyro's head jerked back as his ears shot back, both in anger and pain.  "Argh!  Be quiet!", he growled in a raspy whisper.  It was all they needed, what to be kicked out by the monks here.  But he raised to his feet and went to her side to check on her.

"What is it?  Is it bleeding again?  What do you need?"  The questions, though sincere in nature in the Fellox's mind, came out as pushy and cold.  But at least he was trying, yes?  

[20]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/29/2012 6:02 AM

Betty whimpered softly, slowly moving to lay on her stomach, her feverish face pressed against the cold flagstones, tears still spilling down her face and dripping onto the cold stones. The bandages Gyro had wrapped her wounds in were already beginning to stain red. Slowly, she found the will to move on shaky arms and legs as she stood, staggering slowly, she slowly looked around with bleary eyes, blood dripping from her fingers on her left hand, blood having seeped through the bandage and beginning to pour down in what seemed to be a torrent as she attempted to move to a source of warmth, blinking slowly and tiredly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/02/2012 3:09 PM

Gyro growled impatiently as the girl seemed to brush off his questions and even rose to her feet.  Eyes trailed after Betty as she stumbled on shaky legs, forward seemingly towards something...  He looked at her curiously but followed slowly, groaning a bit as the soreness in his shoulder began to throb dully.  "Damn."  A sharp stabbing pain made the fellox trip forward and stop.  He looked at his arm then looked around the huge room.  It was probably safe now to resume his human form; it would definitely be less painful on two legs than four.  Quietly, Gyro morphed back into his human form, then shivered as he remembered he no longer had a shirt to cover his chilled skin, but at least it was more bearable inside the sheltering walls.

With a sigh he shuffled beside Betty, looking at her face with a strange expression.  'She's out of it...', he thought as he redirected his attention to her arm that was bleeding profusely now.  Taking his hands, that were still stained from the last doctoring, he wrapped them around the sopping bandage firmly and held her arm up, trying to slow the bleeding.

"If you keep this up, you're gonna bleed out."

[21]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 03/14/2012 5:55 AM

Betty blinked slowly, then moved her hand slowly, brushing her bloody fingers through her hair, she then looked at her hand in puzzlement, as if she didn't expect the blood. She slowly sat down, swaying, unsure of why she hurt. Her mind was hazy and she couldn't focus. "Why does it hurt?" She mumbled softly, blinking her eyes softly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer