A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

[OPEN] A Lost Dragon(born)

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2012 5:11 PM

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin,
(Dragonborn, Dragonborn)
Naal ok zin, los vahriin,
(By his honor, is sworn)
Wah dien vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal,
(To keep evil forever at bay)
Ahrk fin norok paal graan,
(And the fiercest foes rout)
Fod nust hon zindro zaan,
(When they hear triumph's shout)
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal.
(Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray)

He could almost hear the voices of the Divines, but particularly Akatosh, speaking to him as he flew above these strange mountains, but as soon as the voices had fled from his mind, he realized something--that he was most definitely not in Skyrim, let alone in Tamriel.

First of all... why am I flying? he asked himself.

He had to only look down at his shadow to see why it was he was flying--obviously, in this realm, being a Dovahkiin meant that you were not Dovahkiin, but Dovah yourself.  This caused Valerius to panic slightly; what if someone saw him flying and didn't even realize that he meant no ill will.

Where AM I? he asked.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [OPEN] A Lost Dragon(born)

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/11/2012 5:51 PM

Flight was one of the few joys she still allowed herself. Before, when life had been only herself, she had been able to fly whenever she managed to get out of town for a day or so. After she was knighted, however, finding moments of escape became harder and harder to do. First, there were his many kids to keep up with, all of whom liked getting into trouble at some point. Then, she had to hide herself from the other knights. No matter how much she longed to tell Devon everything, she could not risk it; her position, the necessary respect, and, maybe someday, even her life could be on the line if he knew. Still...

Regardless, none of that mattered in the skies. Here, she could finally be herself for a change. None of the others had seen her in this form anyway, and she was free to do as she pleased, so long as they didn't hear her speak. This face, strange as it was, gave no hint to her human features. It simply gave her freedom.

She turned a few lazy circles high in the atmosphere, riding one of the few thermals on this cool, crisp day, eyes closed under her heavy bone brow. A noise below attracted her attention, a staggered wingbeat that indicated momentary distress. One eye peaked open, glancing below to see a green and gold male looking rather unsure of himself. That much was odd alone; males were usually more confident than females in almost everything, especially flying.

Better have a closer look, she thought, banking out of the thermal and into a smooth glide down to his level. The idea of having to help on her day off was a bit annoying, but she was more curious than anything at this point.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/11/2012 6:01 PM

Sap felt naked without Cicero there to watch over here. She even missed his little demented songs he would sing from time to time, and his little dances. Strange how easily he could annoy her and yet be missed so much. She shivered lightly in the cold air, had she been wearing her warm fur mage robes she would be warm and toasty, but instead she had warn her tight assassin suit. It barely protected her from the harsh weather. She was half tempted to light a fire spell to keep her warm, if it wasn't for the fact that she wasn't trying to give herself away.
If only Cicero were here, he'd keep her warm. She told herself.
She rolled her eyes, no need to complain to yourself, just get this over with. She was on a contract, one that the Night Mother had assigned to just her. Typical. Though being the Listener did come with a price, you were always busy.
She sighed and wrapped her arms around herself tighter as she walked on.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2012 6:06 PM

The presence of another dragon soon became apparent to Valerius, and it seemed as though she was banking towards him.  He had a momentary flutter of hope; maybe this other dragon could help him!  But as the other dragon came closer to him, he began to get the distinct impression that she was not a Dovahkiin, like he was.

Or... like he had been, back in his home of Skyrim.

"Good day to you, my lady," he said, calling over the winds.  "I know this might sound a little bizarre, but could you tell me where in Talos' name I am?  It certainly doesn't look like any part of Tamriel that I am familiar with..."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/11/2012 8:17 PM

Lidia couldn't help but stare at him for a moment, confused. While he seemed entirely confident in what he was saying, and she could hear him clear enough, some of the terms he used were foreign to her, Talos and Tamriel specifically. She could recall no such person or place, nor any with a name close enough for him to have confused. Certainly he couldn't be another traveler, could he? Someone who had fallen from their own home into hers, like the king and, if stories were to be believed, quite a few others.

"I know of no Tamriel," she said, loud enough to be certain that he heard, "but you are currently flying over the Fe'gan Mountains on the continent of Lambastia in the land of Evelon." She had no idea how he could have gotten this far from a city, where most of these transfers seemed to appear by one way or another, without figuring out at least a little bit of where he was. "Does that help at all, or would you like to stop at the shrine and talk for a bit?"

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate