A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

A Quiet Handoff [P]

Postby Indigo » 02/01/2015 10:04 PM

ImageImage

"So what I'm saying, really, and don't take this the wrong way--it's not you, it's me."

"Oh?"

"It's like, you're really nice and all! And I like your company, but if I'm gonna be permanently tied to someone I'm not sure it should be you."

"Fair enough. Can we stop for a moment?"

"Course!"

Frill sat on the floor with her back against a pillar, and sighed. They had been wandering the Halls of the Lost for what seemed like hours, though she had no idea how long it had actually been. It was a frequent habit; the Hunter couldn't leave, and Frill couldn't stay, but they enjoyed each other's company, so every so often Frill would make the trek up here and visit. The visits were less frequent lately, since her health had been so patchy, but she still made the effort as best she could.

The Hunter paced in front of her; she was a restless one, never wanting to sit still. She'd never told Frill her name, said it wasn't important. "Sometimes I think you should stop coming to see me," she said now. "Like I said, I really like having you around from time to time, but you don't even live near here and you gotta come all the way into the mountains for this. It can't be good for you."

"You worry too much. Can't we talk about something else?"
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: A Quiet Handoff [P]

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/01/2015 10:47 PM

This big room is so cool. Seraphin thought as she passed through the main entrance. If only it weren't so warm. As she wandered around in amazement, she wondered if there was any colder place around here. She walked over to the third room(after all, 3 is a lucky number) and felt a rush of pleasantly cold air. "Is anyone in here?" she inquired, before spotting a human and a...Hunter!? How fascinating! She walked over and says, "And who might you be?"
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/01/2015 11:00 PM

The Hunter's ears twitched. "That's inconvenient," she said, and she danced back across the floor, crystal claws clacking on the ground as she skittered away from the newcomer. Frill would never call the Hunter shy, precisely, but she did seem to have an aversion to people she didn't know well. One too many people trying to drag her out of the Shrine at all costs, regardless of whether she wanted to be stuck with them thereafter.

Frill watched her friend stop behind a pillar and peer out from behind it, and chuckled. She looked up at the Evercold. "I can't speak for her, but I'm just a traveler, passing through. I have an interest in architecture."

"Honestly, doctor!" The Hunter snorted. "There's no reason to pretend you don't know me. Maybe knowing we're acquainted will scare off any potential kidnappers, or whatever this tree came here for."

"There's no need to be rude."

"I'll have to disagree."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/01/2015 11:35 PM

"Oh, it's quite alright, I am a tree after all. Just an animated one who enjoys the cold," Seraphin said proudly. "I'm sorry if I'm intruding, just naturally inquisitive, that's all. My name is Seraphin. What are your respective names?" She walked over so that she could see both of them easily.
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/05/2015 1:01 PM

"You can't be that sorry about intruding if you won't leave," muttered the Hunter. "I'm not telling you my name! That's only for the person who takes me out of here, and forgive my sayin' so, but I don't think that's gonna be you."

"You never know," Frill said, though she privately agreed. The Hunter, in her experience, didn't like to be pressured to answer questions. She's answer when she was ready or not at all. "Since I'm not magically bound here, or however that whole thing works, I suppose I can tell you my name is Frill."

"Only if you tell us your name in exchange, though!"

"But I've already..." Frill sighed. "Never mind."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/05/2015 1:28 PM

"As I had said, I'm Seraphin. I came here on a recommendation from a friend. Might I ask you what brought you here?" Seraphin said as she handed them a business card.

Seraphin Goods
We sell you what you want, how you want it, when you want it. And at a decent price.

"I am also here to find a possible business partner of sorts. Do you know of anyone who might be able to put up with a little fighting?"
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/05/2015 1:35 PM

"A recommendation?" Frill turned the business card over in her fingers, frowning. "What kind of recommendation? There aren't a lot of untapped resources down here, as far as I know. Apart from the Hunters, but I think some of them at least would like to remain untapped. I'm just here visiting a friend." She gestured to the Hunter, who was slowly emerging from behind the pillar, apparently having decided that Seraphin wasn't a threat. Perhaps it was the name thing that had done it.

Frill laughed. "Fighting isn't really my line of work. How about you...?" Calling her "Hunter" seemed sort of rude.

"Hmm." The Hunter approached Seraphin, pushing her face up into the Evercold's and staring intently. She circled around Seraphin, still staring, not backing up at all. "What kind of fighting?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/05/2015 1:49 PM

Seraphin thought for a moment before she said, "Well, thieves, unhappy customers' bodyguards, that kind of stuff. Though hopefully not too much of that. Just a precaution. Would you happen to know anyone who would fit the bill? If not I guess I could look elsewhere."
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/05/2015 1:55 PM

"I have a certain amount of fighting experience," said the Hunter, still circling. "But I need to know if you're someone I can work with, 'cause there are a lot of people who come down here looking for someone like me, and most of them aren't people I wanna be stuck with more or less forever."

"It's pretty reasonable," Frill said. She was still poring over the business card, wondering. It wasn't the kind of slogan most businesses would have. Maybe it wasn't a legitimate business? But surely someone running an under the table kind of thing wouldn't hand business cards out to random strangers. Strange.

"I need to know what kind of business you do, for a start," said the Hunter. "Then we'll see."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/05/2015 2:13 PM

"Well, I have a couple of businesses. Both were made to get customers items that it would normally be hard to get. One of them sell magical charms and incense and the like and the other one sells...other things. I don't usually like to tell others what my clients buy in my second business," Seraphin said. Then she worried if she was too straight forward and said, "If you don't want in, I could find another person to do the job."
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/05/2015 2:20 PM

Frill and the Hunter exchanged a glance. Frill shrugged. "I don't know." She held up the business card. "This sounds pretty shady, to me. But I'm well aware I can't stop you from doing what you want. You have different priorities than I do. If you do end up leaving with Seraphin, though, would you at least help me get back down the mountain?"

"Of course! I can't believe you even need to ask," the Hunter snorted. To Seraphin, she said, "Don't go running off to find a new candidate just yet. Have you ever killed anyone? That's kind of important."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/05/2015 2:32 PM

Seraphin looked a little bit shocked but quickly recovered and said, "Oh, no. I haven't killed anyone. I prefer there to be no fighting. But sometimes you have to use self defense. There have been no deaths though. Not by my hands."
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/05/2015 2:39 PM

"Hmph."

Frill didn't presume to know what was going on in the Hunter's head, but in this case she could guess. "Not by my hands" didn't mean much, it just meant Seraphin had never killed anyone directly. Self-defense could go a long way; Frill had seen that once or twice.

But for all that, the Hunter didn't seem too perturbed by the statement, in the end. "I see what you're saying, I think. I have been getting pretty tired of hanging around this place. It's been a long time, you know, and as much as I value my freedom, it's not worth much if I'm stuck hangin' around here forever." She snorted. "Besides, if you try to restrict me too much we'll just have to have a talk. That settles that, doesn't it?"

She stepped closer to Seraphin, and whispered her name in the Evercold's ear. Then she stepped back and said, "Come on, Frill, let's head out."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DraconicFlare » 02/05/2015 2:49 PM

Seraphin smiles. "Pleasure doing business with you," she said and then faced Frill, "Happy to meet you," She followed them out. What nice chill. she thought And a new colleague.
DraconicFlare
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate