A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

You Call This a Vacation?! (self)

Postby Pompom » 06/23/2016 12:43 PM

As she plowed her way through the snowdrifts, Tokisa was inclined to grumble, but she continually reminded herself that the chill here in the Fe'gan Mountains was refreshing compared to the heat wave back home. She really did need a vacation, and her apprentice was more than capable of managing the clock dome by himself for the next two weeks. She turned to look at Archie, the peculiar traveling companion she had chosen. She could never tell exactly what he was thinking, but he did seem to be more energetic here in the snow than he had ever been back in Pom Village. Bringing him along had been a good decision...hadn't it?
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 200
Donate

Re: You Call This a Vacation?! (self)

Postby Pompom » 06/23/2016 12:45 PM

Archie flutter-hopped along in the sygriff's wake, occasionally taking a bite of snow to sate his thirst. He was glad he had persuaded her to make their vacation a pilgrimage. So many intriguing stories about the shrine had reached him, even in his secluded shack, that he had become most inquisitive. Soon he would see the place for himself, and, he hoped, gain a few insights from Xai're. Because currently, my life makes no sense.
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pompom » 07/06/2016 3:11 AM

At long last, Tokisa felt a flat surface beneath her paws. Stepping forward more confidently, she promptly stubbed a claw on the edge of a step up. "Fewmets! Who put that edge there?" she grumbled.

Archie snickered unpleasantly. "Found the stairs, have we?"

The sygriff raised her ear tufts sardonically. "Oh, is that what these are? Aren't stairs supposed to make climbing easier?"
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pompom » 07/12/2016 2:03 AM

"Depends on your feet, I suppose," replied Archie, shrugging noncommittally. He hopped forward until he was just beyond his companion, then proceeded to dust snow off the steps with his tail while skipping sideways. Watching skeptically, Tokisa was not surprised when the malphas slipped, spun around, and slammed headfirst into a drift beside the stairs. She hadn't expected what happened next, though. Swiftly, the top of the drift slid down to half-bury the stunned malphas, revealing the head of a stone figure mainly covered in snow.

"Well, that is intriguing," remarked Tokisa as she undid the collision with a twist of her right-paw bracelet. She caught Archie as he began to slip again. "You need to be more careful. But anyhow, take a look at this!" She scraped snow off the statue with one wingtip.
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pompom » 07/16/2016 2:15 AM

Archie squinted at the stone figure. "Is that...Wait, what did you just do?"

"I...stopped you from hitting your head," replied Tokisa uneasily. She never knew how other creatures would respond to her time powers, but negative reactions were most common.

"But I did hit my head, didn't I?" inquired the malphas. He winced, remembering the sensation of his skull cracking against stone. Gingerly, he touched the point of impact with a thumb, and was amazed to find no pain or any other sign of damage.

"So...you're someone who can remember that," remarked Tokisa. "There aren't many who can, in my experience."

"You did something with time, didn't you?" accused Archie, pointing both thumbs at the sygriff.

"Well...yes, I did," replied Tokisa gruffly. "And possibly saved your life, or at least your brain. You don't have to thank me, but please don't make a fuss about it being foolish or dangerous, because, well, because it's not!"
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pompom » 07/17/2016 2:36 AM

Archie stared curiously at his flustered companion. "I take it this is a sensitive topic for you. Very well, I won't pry further at the moment. So...this statue and these steps appear to indicate that we are headed in the right direction, don't they?"

Tokisa sighed with relief at his tact. "I suppose they do. But what kind of creature is represented here, do you think? It's not one I've ever seen before."

"Hard to say, as it seems rather eroded," replied the malphas. "It could be a headless body with wings, or a disembodied head with large ears, or possibly some sort of plant. Shall we head on?"

"Yes, let's," agreed Tokisa.
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate