A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Safe Branches [Self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 08/31/2016 11:47 PM

[OUT OF UNIVERSE // ORIGINAL UNIVERSE]

“Where are we going?”

“Do you not know your own temple, my lord? Come, this way.”

Zephyr sighed, as sharp and swift as the wind that he was, and followed. The paths of the vast, open gardens surrounding the eastern side of the Asperian Temple were something he knew very well, indeed. He had traversed them many times over the years, though he often found himself lost in his thoughts more than in the scenery. What he did not know was why Ezira was leading him here, dancing just a few steps ahead of him each time he tried to catch up.

“Patience!” she chided him, a sly smile upon her face. “We will be close when we get there. We cannot have wandering eyes catch us in a compromise, can we?” Her hands were clasped behind her back as she walked, as if to play chaste, but the glances she snuck at him overtop her shoulder did not agree.

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Safe Branches [Self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 08/31/2016 11:48 PM

“If you want us to be alone, why did you choose such a place?” he asked, watching her with some suspicion. “All can come freely here, not only those who serve. We could be found by anyone.”

“Faith, my lord. Not where I am leading us.” She left it at that, and Zephyr hummed, unconvinced but relenting to follow regardless. She led him through the paths of the gardens, past flowering bush and changing tree, but his eyes rarely found their way from her. “Ah, here!” At last, his eyes lifted up to what stood ahead. It was a fig tree, with branches huge and twisting, roots sprawling around them. It was a place he was familiar with, from his many suns through the gardens, Ezira moved forward, eager as her fingertips brushed the wizened bark, and smiled. “This is my favorite place here. When I first began my service, I would sneak off when no one was looking-”

“How surprising.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 08/31/2016 11:49 PM

“Hush, you!” She scowled and shook her head at him, but still kept a smile on her face. “I would sneak off, and come here. I would sit in the branches, just beneath the leaves, and watch the sun filter through the leaves.” He came closer, eyes only leaving her to follow her gaze up into the tree itself. Ezira reached out, a hand placed gently over his own as she motioned upwards with her head. “Come now. No one will look for us here.” She was halfway up a branch before he could decline, coy grin flashed back at him as she went. Relenting, he followed after her.

“You are far too clever for you own good, lady Syrvalia,” he said, a huff escaping him as she somehow continued to stay just a branch ahead of him.

“And you are far too brazen for a god, lord Asperi,” she teased, folding her arms over a smaller branch as she leaned, peering down at him with a brightness in her gaze. “Such a pair, we make.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 08/31/2016 11:49 PM

“Indeed we do.” He stood next to her again at least, standing on a branch as thick as his arm was long. Chuckling to herself, she sat on the one just beside him, legs dangling down between the leaves, and Zephyr followed suit. She watched him as looked about once more, hand rubbing across the bottom of his jaw.

“I know this tree,” he murmured, hand reaching to touch her branch. She perked in surprise, leaning forward to listen to him. “It is one of the oldest in these gardens.” His touch moved over vine that twisted between them, heavy with the last fruit of the season. “I was here when it was planted.”

“Were you really?” She breathed, the wonder in her eyes growing. “Was it small?” He nodded.

“Just a seedling, my dear.”

“Did it struggle?”

“Every winter. The caretakers were sure it would not make it, but yet, it persisted.” Ezira exhaled, a gentle, dreamy thing as she leaned back to peer upwards.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 08/31/2016 11:58 PM

“And so look at it now.” Her voice was quiet, solemn. Zephyr did not expect it, and he found his hand moved to rest above her knee. Her own joined it once more. “How proudly it has grown. It... makes me hope that perhaps, other things may grow up as strong as this tree has...” Her fingers tightened around his, and his brows furrowed in worry.

“Dear one?” he asked, his own voice just as soft. “Are you alright?” Ezira inhaled sharply, hand retreating as she made to smooth out the creases along her robes.

“Yes, yes, of course,” she replied, though she shook now, the faintest of trembles. He did not miss it. He hesitated, hand still resting upon her, before pressing onward.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/01/2016 12:08 AM

“Ezzie.” She looked back at him, and though her smile was true, so was the worry in her eyes. “You have brought me here for a reason. What is that reason?” Ezira ran a hand through her hair, the warm, rosey silver of it falling between her fingers. With a loud exhale, she slid down from her branch to his, settling in beside him. His arm moved around her shoulders, and she did not resist, leaning gently into him.

“All my life,” she said, her voice a gentle thrum against his chest. “I have looked to you. I was raised beneath your banner and I made your works my life. I gave up many paths to serve within the walls of the temple, to be close to you and now, I here I rest. Beside the Lord of Winds. Closer than any have been before.” He did not know what he should say.

“...am I what you expected?”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/01/2016 12:19 AM

“No.” Something caught in his chest, and though he acted to move away, she kept him there. “As a child, I saw you as a being intangible, untouchable, above all else. I saw you as a symbol.” She looked up at him, and the feeling in her eyes was not that of disappointment. It was that of love. “Now, I see you. You are so much more than your tomes and your temples will ever tell of.” Zephyr could not help the smile that found him, and his face dipped down to meet hers.

“I am glad,” he replied as he pulled back, forehead resting against hers. “Now, my dear. Did you truly bring me here only to tell me this?” Ezira moved back slightly, shaking her head and smiling back at him now, her shoulders relaxing.

“No,” she admitted, tucking a lock behind her ear as she shifted. “Truthfully, there is something.. bigger, to admit to you.” Zephyr’s brows furrowed at that, unsure of what she could mean.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/01/2016 12:34 AM

“Bigger?” he asked, and she nodded in response. “Whatever do you mean?”

“Zephyr. I love you with all that I am - despite your status, despite my own, and despite your flaws.” She couldn’t help a grin at his muttered ‘our flaws’, and she continued. “Though we meet in darkness and behind closed door, I will always be proud of this.” She reached for his hand, clasping it between her own and pulling it close to peer at him overtop it. “I am expecting.” He did not understand at first. She watched him puzzling as if she were fighting something back.

“Expecting what?” At this, Ezira simply could not contain her mirth. She laughed, loud and clear as the windchimes that hung without the temple. He merely stared at her in confusion. As she found her breath, he did not expect the words that came from her.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/01/2016 12:48 AM

“Expecting a child, you breeze-headed fool!” she managed, burying her face into him as she continued to laugh. Zephyr stared at her in shock and wonder, and she chortled more. “A child whom I can only hope will inherit my own intelligence instead of yours, at this!”

“I… stars, Ezzie, how long have you known?” His arm tightened around her, and he dipped down to kiss her forehead once more. Any other action was lost to him right now.

“Only a few days, my dear,” she said, laughter finally beginning to calm. “I did not think you would want to wait.” He was loss again, running a hand through his pale locks and stumbling through words.

“And… you want this?” Her eyebrows rose at that, and she gave a shrug as she nodded.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/01/2016 12:58 AM

“Of course, though I did not expect it - doubtless you did not, either.” Zephyr nodded, eyes still wide and she laughed again, pecking him on the cheek before continuing. “Priestesses are not barred from bearing children, but it is rare that we find a partner when our dedication to our work is so strong.” Ezira kept her left hand in his, the other falling to settle across her belly. “I am glad to have the chance.” He watched her, quiet falling between them for a few moments as he let the reality of it sink in. This was amazing. This was wonderful. This was… trouble waiting to happen.

“No one knows of our tryst,” he said at last, voice gentle as he leaned back against her. “For you to be with child…” She understood where he was going, cutting him off with a snort and giving him a gentle shove.

“Oh, Zeph, none of that. When have I ever worried about my name? My honor?” He opened his mouth to respond, but found no defense against her words. If she had cared about such things, she never would have let him fall for her at all. “I gave it all to you long ago.” Her lips found his, as they had so many times before, and her voice was a whisper. “No. They will be our little secret, my love. It is better that way.”

“You always did love your secrets,” Zephyr murmured, both arms slung around Ezira now as he held her to his chest within the dapple of the branches. A secret, indeed, for him, and for her, and for the breeze that moved the leaves around them. None else.

“And now there shall be one more to love.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..