A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Baby, It's Cold Outsi- No [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 9:42 PM

Pulsation's day had started out peaceful. He'd made wonderful plans to stay indoors all day long. Hell, it wasn't likely that he would even leave his room all day. It was cold outside. It was snowing. Leaving the house was not worth it. It was hardly ever worth it to begin with, but facing the snow? Nope. No thank you. He wasn't interested.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outsi- No [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 9:46 PM

Those plans were quickly ruined. Or, rather, they were forgotten, against his own will.

Shortly after waking, his daughter came rushing into his room. "Father! It's snowing outside! Isn't it great?" The girl was practically bouncing up and down in front of him, grinning.

He returned her smile, happy to see her, but not at all enthusiastic about the snow, as she was.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 9:51 PM

It took him only a moment to realize that the clothes she was wearing weren't just for lounging around indoors. She wasn't in comfortably warm pajamas or anything like that. Complete with a scarf, gloves, and boots, she was dressed for the snow. A small part of Pulsation filled with dread, but there was no way he could turn Ekkoh down when she asked the inevitable question.

"And guess what?" Ekkoh continued on, not really giving her father time to respond. Her smile was even bigger now.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 9:55 PM

Ah, so she wasn't asking to go out and play in the snow together. Not yet, anyway. That was a bit strange, since it had been the first thing she had brought up.

"What?" he asked, unsure of what to guess. If it didn't have to do with the snow, then what could it be?

"Auntie Elle has the next few days off!" Ekkoh declared, nearly shouting from the excitement.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 9:58 PM

Ekkoh watched her father's expression turn surprised once she had spoken, she smiling all the more. She was right! He would be happy to hear the news.

"She called earlier," she began to explain. "Since the snowstorm took a turn for the worse, her next few shows have been cancelled. So she's coming back today. In about an hour from now, she'll be back. Isn't that great?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 10:02 PM

"Yeah, that is great," the father easily agreed. It would be nice to see Elle again. They'd only briefly gotten to spend time together earlier in the week. She and Ekkoh adored one another, too, so it was a perfect match. Just... He'd still never exactly said anything. Even to this day, he hadn't so boldly declared that they were dating. They just... kind of were, without so many words.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 10:07 PM

Thinking it over for a moment, he stopped. He'd began to think that Ekkoh had brought up the snow because it meant that Elle's shows were cancelled, but that couldn't be all there was to it. Not with her dressed like that, at least. "Wait. What else did Auntie Elle say?"

"She wants to go on a trip together to the mountains!" Ekkoh happily declared. "She said that she's already managed to get reservations, so we just need to get ready. It's going to be so much fun!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 10:10 PM

There was really no use in arguing with them. Pulsation wasn't angry at Elle, but maybe just a little bit annoyed that she didn't at least ask him first. With Ekkoh already on board, his hands were tied. He really didn't want to go out and face the snow, but he'd certainly end up enjoying himself, if they all went together.

"All right," he said, standing up from the comfort of his chair that he'd been relaxing in until now. "Let's get ready to go."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 10:12 PM

"Yay!" Ekkoh hopped forward, grabbing a hold of his hand and practically dragged her father out of his room and down the hall to her own room. "You'll help me pack, wont you? I already found my stuff for the cold, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something."

"Of course, darling," Pulsation replied automatically. There was no need to even think about she asked of him. What father wouldn't help his daughter out with something like this?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/31/2016 10:15 PM

"You've got your boots, gloves and scarf on already, but you're going to need extra clothes," he told her as they walked. He was already trying to figure out in his head what they would need. And not just Ekkoh. He'd have to gather up his own things, as well.

She pulled her father into her bed room, and they were met with clothing stung all across her bed. Ekkoh wasn't even concerned with it. "I went through a lot of clothes already," she told him. "I think most of my stuff that is good for the cold is on the bed now, but help me go through it?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate