A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Everything's Changing [July Event]

Postby amanda784 » 07/06/2021 2:03 PM

Lea

"Why don't they attack you?" came the same question Lea had heard dozens of times over.

"I have always had healing abilities. I suppose I'm even able to heal this," she answered.

"They why don't you stop them?" came the question that always followed.

"I can't," said Lea. "Creatures return to their normal state of mind only when near me."

"Then will I..."

"Yes," came the quick answer. Giving this one always brought Lea to tears. Knowing the moment this poor creature stepped too far from her side that it would lose it's mind again. It would know only the hunt. It wouldn't remember what it is to love or hate. It would only know survival. Things were changing and Lea only held the power to pause it, never stop it.

"Can I stay with you?" came the question.

"As long as you would like," Lea answered.

"Forever?" was asked.

"Sure," said Lea, but she knew better. Eventually this poor soul would assume themselves cured. They would walk away from her and then forget.They always did.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Re: Everything's Changing [July Event]

Postby amanda784 » 07/06/2021 2:07 PM

One day was different for Lea. She stumbled upon an old Leplora who used to work here. Within moments he began to come to his senses. This part was always hard for Lea. Creatures had been this way for two years now and anytime the "woke" around Lea they had no recollection of this lost time.

"Where am I?" he asked.

Surprisingly, he seemed genuinely curious, but not concerned. He was not frightened as everyone before him had been.

Today however, Lea did not feel like giving her "welcome back to reality" speech. She didn't feel like having a short-time companion on her journey. Today she felt like being alone. So she turned to walked away.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/06/2021 2:11 PM

"Hey!" he yelled after her.

Lea stopped in her tracks. She couldn't help it. This small creature had quite the commanding voice.

"This wasn't where I was the last time I remember back to, but last time I checked it was still a restricted area. I suggest you show some ID or face the consequences." he said.

"A security guard?" asked Lea. "I thought you all left at the first traces of this mess. I thought you all tried running from it."

"The illness?" asked the Leplora.

"It's not an illness," said Lea. "At least, I don't think so. Seems magical to me."

"Either way, I haven't left yet and I don't plan to," said the guard. "Identification or leave."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/06/2021 2:15 PM

"No worries," said Lea. "I was on my way out anyway."

She said she was leaving, but she didn't step any further. She liked this guard and wanted to keep him himself a little longer.

Lea sighed and pulled out her barely used identification card.

"Here," she said, shoving it towards him.

"Healer?" he asked. "So you're the one that was supposed to fix this mess. I don't suppose it worked. I don't even remember meeting you."

"It HAS worked," said Lea. "I'm standing close to you so you are... well, you. You will go back the second I walk away."

The guard surprised Lea by laughing.

"Is that so?" he asked. "You know, I didn't think anything could take me out. As you can imagine a Leplora can't easily obtain a security job. I got this job by not getting killed. I never thought the crazy illness would be the thing that takes me out."

"It took out everyone," said Lea.

"Except you," he retorted. "You know, I think there's a reason for that."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/06/2021 2:18 PM

"Karma?" asked Lea. "Creatures seem happy in their state of unknowing. I'm stuck her knowing and not being able to do anything about it."

"Did they tell you anything when you came here?" asked the guard.

"Of course," said Lea. "A strange illness started here and I was sent here to stop it."

The guard snorted. "No. A group of shady individuals found a shiny rock and brought it here. I don't know where, but it's here. They were told it took away heartache. I suppose it did it's job. Then again, I personally don't mind my heartache. Can't find love without getting hurt too I suppose."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2021 2:17 PM

"So what you're saying is that this stone or gem took away all emotion?" asked Lea.

"Not exactly," said the Leplora. "Maybe, but I have a feeling it made us more reliant on instincts. We feed our needs, but not much else. Perhaps, it is life without emotion. I wouldn't know. I don't remember it."

"You're very calm to have awoken missing years of your life," said Lea.

"I figure any moment you will walk away from me," said the Leplora. "Then I'll just forget it all again. What's the use of being upset today about something I won't remember tomorrow?"

It was true, but Lea would remember. She would remember what everyone else had forgotten.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2021 3:08 PM

"You could-" Lea paused for a long moment thinking. "Stay with me. You will remember. You will keep remembering."

She knew no one ever did stay. They all eventually left. She was tired, but she couldn't help it. She had to try. She just wanted one other person to remember.

"Thanks darlin'" said the Leplora. "It's a kind thought, really. However, with the state this world is in I think I would rather forget again."

Lea understood. She wanted to forget too. Still, in these short moments she had made a friend. Yet again, she would have to say goodbye in the worst way. She knew the Leplora would go on living, but be different. He wouldn't be him anymore.

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate