A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:08 PM

Greymahlkin nodded. "I know how it gets," he said sympathetically. "But it's good to go out and see the world, isn't it?" Skystar nodded slowly, her blue eyes drifting towards the candles once more. She sighed heavily. "Something wrong?" Greymahlkin inquired, looking up form where he sat.

Skystar shook her head. "Not really...It's just...I don't know. It feels like it's been a long day. I was hoping to head out of these cursed mountains, and go check out that Wishing Well in Nabias."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:08 PM

"Nabias?" Greymahlkin asked, shifting uneasily. "Isn't that a town or something?" He looked a bit clueless. he had heard of Nabias, and of their amazing hospital, and their Wishing Well. But he thought it was a big folk tale. Nothing more.

He offered the Hydrokuhna a long, hard look. "Why would you want to find the Wishing Well? I thought it was nothing more than a legend. I actually had no idea that it existed..."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:10 PM

Skystar laughed, a pleasant, chime-like sound. "Of course it's real. Very real. In fact, there are many who have had their wishes granted by the well. It's a magical place, full of ancient magic. It's quite lovely this time of year as well. The Town of Nabias has always been a favored destination of those seeking wishes and peaceful times. But to be honest, I just want to see the Wishing well. I haven't quite decided why...I just do."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:12 PM

Greymahlkin looked intrigued. "So this wishing Well really grants wishes, eh?" he asked, touching his thumb to his chin. "Sounds like a good deal. I can think of one thing my master has been yearning for, for quite some time. Perhaps it would be in our best interest to visit Nabias as well. How far is it?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:18 PM

Skystar looked amused, but slightly surprised. "Thought you didn't believe in the Wishing Well," she mused, her eyes glowing in the dark. "Nabias is in Barakka. It's quite a ways away, but not far if one decides they want to travel. I think the long walk is worth it. Besides, we could always hitch a ride. Don't you think the rewards will be well worth the effort?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:19 PM

Greymahlkin nodded, but a soft murmuring on the bench caught his attention. Beecko sat up, rubbing his sleep laden eyes, and smiled at his brother. "Have a nice nap?"the elder sibling asked, before motioning to Skystar. "This is Skystar. She came in while you were sleeping. After we leave here, I think we'll be going to Nabias with her."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:19 PM

"Really?" both Beecko and Skystar asked simultaneously, They glanced at one another, and seemed to smile, before Beecko dipped his head. "Nice to meet you,"he muttered. "I'm Beecko. So you're name is Skystar? It's really pretty." He blushed a bit, looking away, much to the amusement of his older brother.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:20 PM

Skystar found Beecko's antics endearing, and smiled fondly, like a mother would at her kit. "Nice to meet you too, Beecko. And I like your name as well. it suits you."She purred in the back of her throat, sounding like a large contented kitten. "I would be glad of the company on my journey, to be honest. I wasn't looking forward to trekking all that way alone. It can be quite boring."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:20 PM

Beecko smiled, and Greymahlkin ruffled his hair. "I agree. Traveling alone is quite boring. That's why we've all got each other now, right?"Beecko nodded, beaming brightly. He slid off the bench, and padded over to Skystar, sitting down beside her. Reaching out a hand, he scratched behind her ears, his eyes glowing happily. He had a new sister, or at least, that was what he thought of it as in his mind.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:24 PM

The Hydrokuhna obliged the little boy by standing, and padding over to his lap, curling up on top of his legs to keep him warm. He giggled, and patted her head, and a low purr escaped her throat. She was smiling at Greymahlkin, and an invisible message seemed to crackle in the air; welcome to the family.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:26 PM

Still sitting in the child's lap, the Hydrokuhna gave a fairly contented rumble, before turning her eyes back to Greymahlkin. "Not much else to talk about is there?"she mused, purring as Beecko scratched behind her ears. "But anyways...What do you think this Hunter will look like? I've heard tale that they're cursed or something. That's why you must give up something special to you to free them."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:27 PM

Greymahlkin nodded. "Something like that. I actually have no idea what they look like, or act like. I've only heard that they resemble lions, or are like large cats. But who knows? I mean, they could look like a anything, right? I'm not picky. I could care less about what they are, or how they act. As long as they treat us kindly, at the very least." He sighed heavily, his eyes closing for a brief moment. "I just wish something would happen already. I've offered up so many things...Do you think they'll come?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:29 PM

Skystar grinned. "Indubitably,"she yowled, receiving a questioning stare from Beecko. "It means 'yes,' " she elaborated, and he nodded, understanding at last. She glanced at the older sibling as Beecko patted her shiny, aquatic like fur. "Hunters come in all different kinds, I believe, but I'm not much of a scholar, so I couldn't say."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:30 PM

Greymahlkin sighed. Picking up the small sack, he pulled out some of the dried meat, and tossed it to Beecko, who caught it with his free hand. He gave some to Skystar, who ate it hungrily, and then tore into his own piece. The oldest sibling paused for a moment, scrutinizing the meat as though it were an animal, then shrugged and bit into it. They ate in relative silence, enjoying one another's company.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/09/2008 9:35 PM

After a while, Beecko drifted off into sleep, as did Greymahlkin. Skystar was still awake, her eyes open and ever watchful. She was still nestled comfortably in the child's lap, her two tails wrapped around him and her like a small, blue nest. A sound near the entrance to the small room caught her attention, and she bristled quietly, not making a sound.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext