A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 6:38 PM

Frostfur shook his head. She had no clue what he had spied. This was hilariously fun. His blue fur shined in the pale candle light as he pranced around again, looking smug. "Nope, not even close. You're so off, Skystar!"he crowed.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/28/2008 8:23 PM

Skystar sighed heavily. "This is boring...I wish the Hunter would get here soon,"Frostfur agreed, and waved his tails in the air.

"We've been here for days. Is our search going to be fruitless?"He growled. "But still, we shouldn't speak ill of this Hunter..."Skystar bristled, fur fluffing up slightly.

"Shouldn't speak ill?"she repeated. "Why not? He's kept us waiting, however it is. This is getting on my nerves."Silently, her companions agreed, but didn't dare say anything aloud. "Anyways...Is it Greymahlkin's hair?"

Frostfur blinked, before remembering what she was talking about. "Oh...Yeah, actually. It was."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/08/2008 3:42 PM

"Well?" Skystar finally said after they had all fallen silent. "This is sure getting ridiculous." She stood up, fur bristling. "Hellooo! Mr. Hunter? Miss Hunter? Whoever the heck you are. Look, we've offered up so many things already. Greymahlkin's animal form, voices, sight, and a buncha other things. Would you come out already, please? Please, please, please, please? I can't take this waiting anymore!"

Skystar: 36
Frostfur: 22
Beecko: 15
Gremahlkin: 30

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/25/2008 4:35 AM

ImageImage

Many Months Later...

"I suppose I can't fault them for leaving. After all, waiting for so very long...It can become quite boring. And put a great amount of stress on the mind." The little Kuhna sat n the back of the green and brown creature, sighing sadly as she did so. "I know Greymahlkin and Beecko wanted that Hunter. Beecko is so small...And so defenseless! I'm just glad Frostfur went with them," she said softly, her voice echoing in the darkness. it had been a few months since that hunt first began. Beecko, Greymhalkin and Frostfur had all agreed to leave the Shrine, and tend to business elsewhere.

But Skystar had vehemently refused. She would see this trough until the end, no matter how long she had to stay there. She was getting tired of being alone, so when Warmonger had shown up, in his own quiet way, he had volunteered to keep her company. Skystar had been so very lonely, and the silence was almost deafening. But in her time spent in the Shrine she had gained something strange. The ability to see things before they happened. She had always had odd little gifts, strange occurrences and such. But she had never thought anything about it.

Being alone for so long, with so much silence and tie to think had intensified these feelings, these strange psychic powers. She saw things that most normal Kuhna didn't. She would become very quiet, and her eyes would glow a soft white. It would seem as though she was dead to the world, lost in something she could not break free from. And as she awoke, startled and confused, and missing a small chunk of her memory, she would retell the strange events that flashed before her eyes to anyone who would listen.

Of course, that usually meant she was talking to the shadows. All her time here had yielded a strange power, but still no Hunter.

[37, 1]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/25/2008 4:44 AM

So it was that she and War monger headed through the dark passageways together, her happy of the company, and him, quiet as always. It was not his way to talk for hours on end, like it was for Skystar. So he stayed quiet, and listened to her ramblings, and hoped they might find the Hunter soon. "Skystar," his quiet voice rang out, startling the sleepy Kuhna. She tilted her head in answer, urging him to go on. "Skystar, have you ever tried...Reaching out into the darkness? Calling to the Hunter with your mind? I remember you saying something about strange powers surfacing here...But have you ever thought to use them?"

It was silent, except for the soft clatter of hooves as Warmonger continued to walk along, had bobbing as he tried to look back over his shoulder at the suddenly silent Skystar. Skystar had her eyes and head angled down and did not speak for a moment, as though lost in thought. "I-I had not thought about it,"she replied at last, her voice quivering. "I was afraid, I suppose. Afraid of what I would find. What if a Hunter's mind is too complex, too far away to be reached? I'd have wasted a lot of energy...And...What if something bad happens?" The equine was quiet, before he replied. "Bad? Like what did you have in mind, little one?"

Skystar did not blanch at the nickname. It was commonplace among the two friends. The Kuhna seemed distressed, and it rolled off of her in waves. "What if my consciousness is swallowed up? What if I can't return to my mind, or my body? What if my soul gets eaten or something? What if I die?"She seemed scared out of her mind, her words making little sense. her soul couldn't be eaten, and she would not die, at least, that is what Warmonger thought. "Easy, Sky,"he soothed softly. "It's all right. I won't force you to do anything you don't want to."

[38, 2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/25/2008 4:46 AM

But Skystar wasn't listening. She was concentrating. So what if I'm scared? I still need to do this. Not for me, no. It's for someone else. If I can make it through this, I'll be fine, right? It's for Beecko. The poor boy needs someone to guard him. I cna't do it. I'm not strong enough. I've never been strong enough. Maybe I never will be.Her mental anguish was readily apparent by the painful look on her face. Her thoughts seemed to be projected into the shrine without her knowledge, traveling into the deepest and darkest of corners that no one had ever reached. Skystar sighed, her heart thudding painfully against her chest.

"Sky?"Warmonger questioned, his voice concerned. Skystar waved him off. "I'm okay, War. I-I think I want to try. I want to try and reach the Hunter with my mind...If-if I can. I don't know quite how to do this. It's all so new to me. But maybe if I try hard enough, I can reach something...Something out there, in the dark. Maybe it will respond."She stilled, growing silent and closed her eyes. Warmonger stopped walking as the Kuhna on his back shivered violently, and then slumped forward.

As if in a trance, her body moved of it's own accord, head snapping up and eyes glowing a brilliant white in the dark of the shrine. He did not say a word, but he could have swore he felt her spirit float past him, brushing gently against his mane.

[39, 3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/25/2008 4:50 AM

Skystar let her consciousness rove deep into the shrine. It ghosted over the darkest of corners, and the most lonely of beasts. It passed the other travelers who were hidden deep in the dark corridors and passageways. it passed Mekkayena, and quickly skimmed over them. They were creatures of evil, and not known to her. but they were not Hunters. Her spirit sought their comforting presence, sought their power, and their strong minds and wills. She was not looking for just anything. She was looking for Hunters. Her body could feel the horse shift under her weight, hear him asking her softly; "Sky, you okay out there?"

But it could not respond. She was soaring through the darkness, a being of energy and light, seeking out what she had come here and stayed here for; Hunters. Her mind and soul called to them, begged them to come out, to meet her, to speak with her. If only...If-if only my heart was stronger...Maybe I'm not strong enough, her soul thought as it delved into the Shrine. Am I strong? Do I look strong? What do you see when you look at me? Do you see how little, how weak I am? I can't protect the ones I love. I can't do anything for them. But it is you I seek. You who can take my place. You who can protect. You who are strong. Where [i]are you?[/i]

[40, 4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/07/2009 10:04 PM

The two companions moved through the darkness with a grim purpose. Their faces et, eyes blazing in the dim light, they headed deeper into the shrine. They'd find that Hunter, if it was the last thing they did. Skystar would live here forever to find one, no matter how long it took. She was determined to lure a Hunter into the open, to treat with it, and to ask it to stay with her master. But would they ever come out? or would they find nothing but more bitter darkness and heartbreak ahead?

[41, 5]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Guardian; Hunter Hunt (P) + RE1 or RE2?

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/10/2009 7:36 PM

(I'm not giving up on this! XD I will post as long as it takes...I think I started this when I joined. Whew, that was a looooong time ago...A year and a month, to be almost exact. Wow...)

It was still dark, still quiet. Warmonger had long since left. Skystar had released him from any obligation he might've had to stay here. Now she was alone again. The darkness was her only companion. She studied her lightly glowing paws. Skystar thought it was funny how her water-like paws glowed in the dark. Odd...She hardly had time to form a coherent thought anymore. Mostly they were jumbled and nearly undecipherable. She'd been here for so long she'd nearly forgotten what daylight looked like, felt like. What was going on in the outside world? Had the war ended? Had the Imperials been defeated? had the Purine empire crumbled and fallen to the might of the invaders? She didn't know. How could she know? She'd been here for nearly a year. Beecko, Greymahlkin, Frostfur, Warmonger. They'd all given up, gone home, left her here. Did that make them deserters? She didn't understand that word, but felt it was too harsh to use as a label. Skystar, however, stayed.

She always stayed.

She wasn’t going to give up on a Hunter. She wasn’t going to let the darkness or the silence or the absolute desolate loneliness consume her and force her to flee. It would be shameful, and it would be cowardly. She was determined to stay, determined to find what she came to find. Her strength had been failing her for a long time. She hardly ever ate, hardly slept, and almost never moved from her spot. She was absolutely convinced that if she stayed here, she would be found. Perhaps that was a tactic that wouldn’t fail her. When lost, wait to be found; don’t go looking for your rescuers. Maybe the Hunters would take pity on her. But no. She didn’t want their pity. She wanted them to understand her, to acknowledge her to show her that they existed and she, in turn, did too. She was so tired all the time. Her head hurt, and she often imagined she saw something lurking on the edge of her peripheral vision. Was it a Hunter? Or something else? She didn’t know, and she hardly cared. But she waited and she waited.

It was all she really remembered how to do anymore.

[42]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/19/2009 2:46 PM

((Still Goin’ strong...ish. ^^ -Pats Skystar- I feel your pain, hunny...))

Perhaps she'd become a wraith. Waste away, and haunt this temple forever. It almost seemed a very real possibility.

Skystar sat idly against a large, crumbling statue. It was of a Hunter, but the crystals jutting from it's body had been broken, and half of it's face was missing. She looked up at it, and her eyes narrowed as she suddenly wished she could rid it of the rest of it’s face. But she was too small and useless. “Curse you,” she mumbled under her breath. “Why won’t you answer me? Why won’t anybody answer me?” She felt a solitary tear trickle down her cheek as she stood on shaky paws. “I’ve waited for so long...For so very long...Do you even know I’m here?” She stumbled slightly, and her anger made her light-headed. She wanted to pound the statue, to break it into a million pieces. She wanted to leave, to see sunlight again. her eyes glowed a sickly green as her body began to shift unknowingly. She wanted to run through the forest, swim in her beloved lakes. She wanted to see her family again, and to meet all the new pets at the menagerie.

Slowly, her paws began to elongate, growing into pale, almost white limbs. Her back legs began to grow, and her body twisted and writhed as she grew taller, slimmer, and more human. She looked down at herself, astonished. Two tails swayed behind her lithe form, and there were a pair of fuzzy ears atop her head. With a slight gasp, she stumbled against the statue, holding onto it for support. “What have...What have I become?” she whispered, fear and horror seeping into her voice. “I’m...I’m human...” She shook her head, as if trying to deny it. She glanced down at her body, suddenly very cold without her fur. She glanced about for something to use as clothing, but found only an old, tattered blanket. She wrapped it around herself. “But why...How? I don’t...I don’t want this!” She stared hard at the Hunter statue she was holding onto, her glowing green gaze riveted on it’s features. “I am so tired...So tired of waiting for you,” she murmured.

“If you ever find me...Hunter, I will offer you my life. Perhaps then, I will find some peace.” Perhaps, but perhaps not. Should she truly offer her life, she would become only a ghost of what she had been, a true wraith, a haunted, broken-hearted creature doomed to immortality in a very mortal world. She would be bound to the Hunter, bound to him and to the world for the rest of her silent, cold existence. She collapsed against the statue, falling to the base where she curled her arms around her legs. She couldn’t shift back into a Kuhna again. She didn’t even know how she’d turned human. She could not be who or what she once was. She was so alone now...The tears finally flowed freely as he cried for what she had lost, and what she knew she might never gain.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 6:21 PM

"My, but it has been a long time since I have been here."

The words echoed and bounced off the walls of the shrine, traveling down long hallways that had been emptied for hundreds of years, save for the poor, wandering soul who had come here so very long ago. She was different now, she thought, gaze raking curiously over the statues that guarded the temple door. Her body was no longer the small, diminutive Hydrokuhna it had once been. She was a sleek, streamlined predator, full of grace and magic. Her power was strong than it had been so long ago; the secrets and the spells she had learned here so long ago had grown with her. She no longer seemed broken, but finally at peace. Yet, she was still here, she mused, still wandering the halls. But now, she was not so alone.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 6:23 PM

"Mother?"

The soft voice in the darkness broke through Skystar's thoughts, and she turned to see a small, pale figure sidling up beside her. Ah, it was her daughter, Violet. The little KLuhna was not familiar with this place. Skystar had left to have her children so long ago, but had decided it was time that they saw the place she had spent so many years in.

"Is this it?" Violet continued, wide lavender eyes gazing around in awe. She had never seen anything quite like this before. Her mother's stories almost didn't do it justice.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 6:25 PM

"Of course it is," another voice replied, and this time, a darker shadow broke off from the blackness surrounding them, the inky fur of Skystar's second daughter helping her to blend in far better. She looked around with a curious gaze, and Skystar could almost say she was unimpressed, but for the awe hidden behind her mismatched eyes.

"Yes," Skystar agreed, dipping her head. She felt her two daughters brush against her sides, fur mingling as they gazed around them. She knew they were afraid, but she was not. She was never afraid here. Not anymore. "This is it. And today, we shall continue the hunt."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 6:27 PM

"The hunt?" her second daughter, Comet, asked. Skystar nodded regally, before starting forward at a slow, gliding pace. She heard the skittering of claws as her daughters scrambled to keep up with her, unwilling to be left behind.

"Indeed. It has been many years since I was last here, and I decided that now that you are older, you can join me on my quest. I never gave up hope that I would one day find a Hunter. Perhaps now, with my daughters at my side, will be the time. I should dearly hope so."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 6:30 PM

Her daughters both shared a secretive glance, curiosity sizzling through the air. "Mother," Violet began, her gaze wandering around the ruins of the shrine. "What do Hunters look like? We know they are here; you've told us so many times. But...well, what are they, exactly? How do you find one?"

"Hunters are the guardians of the shrine, and they often choose one special person to bind themselves to. To bind one, you must give up something of yourself, something precious."

"What would you give up, mother?"

Skystar shrugged. "I suppose I would give up my magic. It has become dear to me, very precious. I think that would be sufficient."

"You wouldn't give us up?" Comet joked, and Skystar smiled.

"Never in a million years, my dear one."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext