A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

The hunter or the hunted {Hunter Hunt, open to all}

Postby Redd » 09/06/2007 3:54 AM

Fyte crawled slowly through the snow, shivering. It was the dead of night and everything was quiet. She had been sent to 'help a Hunter' out of the shrine.
She cursed quietly, she was not the prides hunter, she had no idea how to hunt snickies let alone a powerful beast like a hunter. Fyte was not a violent creature, she detested violence. Instead she liked helping people instead, but how could you help a Hunter. Sighing, she quietly crawled through the icey cold snow, completely hidden from sight.
Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/07/2007 4:54 PM

Fyte spotted a large structure off in the distance. If only she could get to that temple and out of this infernal snow. She shook her she free of the snow again and ran towards the shrine, only getting 5 meters before falling over. "Ooow..." Fyte got up again but instead of running she walked slowly.
Fyte walked to the shrine, opened the door, ran inside and shut it fast.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/08/2007 10:53 PM

"I figured you would be here, Fyte." Fyte looked up, startled, then calmed down when she recognised, the Chaos Garudor. "What are you doing here?" she asked quietly.
"I might ask the same, for you. I was enjoying the peace and quiet."
"Krypto sent me to look for a hunter"
"You? Hunters?"  Aivreron squawked it laughter, "She should have just sent Meerain."
"I was thinking the same, calm down you might scare them off"

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/10/2007 10:23 PM

A young hypofly bounded the corner, she and her "brother" had been looking for a Hunter, or whatever it was called. The hypofly, who was a Spring Hypofly, was named Sugar. Sugar had been overexcited, and forgot that she was supposed to stay near her "brother." And had wandered off a little while he was examining things. After she had gotten some distance from him, she had heard a noise. Noises of other creatures. She whispered excitedly to herself, "These must be the Hunters Brother has been talking about!" She hid behind a wall that lead to the room with the voices, and got ready to jump and catch what she supposed to be the Hunter. She counted to three then leaped from her hiding spot and bounded straight toward the figures...
{1}
(Sorry, I'm terrible at intro posts.^^; )
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 169
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/10/2007 10:52 PM

Onigiri sighed. Sugar was normally a shy young hypofly, but today she was unusually excited. I could understand seeing as this is the young one's first time away from home. Then again it is mine as well. The Tuskow thought this to himself as he looked around for her. Onigiri, was called "Brother" by Sugar as her real brother had left a long time ago, and she had taken a liking to the Tuskow. He didn't mind, as long as she wasn't pestering him during his working hours in the field, helping till the garden. Onigiri blinked and remembered he was supposed to be looking for the hypofly. " Young'n. Younng'n?" He whispered about as his his hooves clumsily clapped onto the floor as he strolled through the halls. Where could the young'n be?
<center>
{Dango} Lv.2, Posts:5 Location: Terrace Park.
{Onigiri~Scissor~Zakuro} Lv.5, Lv.2, Lv. 4. Posts:6 Location: Purine Barracks.
</center>
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/11/2007 2:44 AM

Aivreron hissed angrily as the hippofly approached. Fyte stepped in front of Aivreron and addressed Suger. "Hello, little one. Who are you? I am Fyte and this is Aivreron, but we call him Avir for short." Aivreron backed into a corner and started grooming himself. "There is another here." He hissed. Fyte liseten to this, then asked Sugar, "Is there anyone else with you?"
Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/11/2007 6:25 PM

The hypofly hopped up nervously. " I'm very sorry about about that, I thought you were the hunter or whatever it is! It is very nice to meet you! I am Sugar..." She stopped and remembered she had lost Onigiri. Oh dear, Oni is not going to be happy about this! She thought to herself then spoke again. " My friend, a Tuskow named Onigiri, is with me searching for a creature known as a Hunter. I seemed to have lost him though." The hypofly nervously bit her lip wondering where Onigiri was.

Onigiri sighed as he wandered throughout the temple. " Why must she be so inquisitive today?" He quietly asked himself as he stumbled about. Voices? Did he just hear voices? Onigiri blinked and contemplated this as he mindlessly walked towards them. He had not've thought other pets would be here in the temple. Still, he treaded onward till he saw a green speck in the distance. "Aha!" He snorted as he went on. But there were other figures with her?
<center>
</center>
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ameratasu » 09/11/2007 11:15 PM

Eyes as pure and flawless a blue as even the heavens themselves had been knocked askew and had lost themselves in the depths of such irises regarded the skies the color of tempered steel--clouds that drew close together, like knitted brows or children clinging uncertainly to the skirts of their mother, seeking assurance and comfort. A single snowflake alighted gently upon his upturned muzzle--a soft and coy, and very cold, kiss. It melted within a mere second, and he blinked, a faint smile playing about his lips.

Despite the bitter cold, the male Lucain carried himself in a fairly high-spirited manner, his steps nearly a graceful and cautious dance across the white expanse of the blanket of snowfall. His breath escaped him in a hoary vapor, and he paused now to survey the landscape.

Miyavi could only just make out the vague and distant outline of the shrine.  Intrigued, he pressed onwards, until at last, after several long moments, he reached the entrance. Stepping inside, he paused to shake the remnants of snow from his coat, toenails clicking and echoing rather ominously on the floor.

A  twitch and forward press of his ears confirmed his suspicions. Others were inside of this place, as well. He could hear the low, ghostly echoes of conversation, faint though they were. He could only assume they were drawn to the place for the very same reasons he himself harbored.

He pressed on, drawing ever closer to the sound of voices. When he at last drew close enough to see their vague outlines, he lowered his voice, and murmured in gentle, lilting tones, "Greetings."
Ameratasu
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 53
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/12/2007 3:28 AM

Fyte was surprised, "You, alone searching for Hunters? Me and Avir are searching for Hunters too."
Aivreron clicked his beak, "say whatever you want, but I work alone..." Fyte, looked at him before replying "Ignore him..." Hoof beats clip-clopped nearby. Fyte spun around startled "Who was that!"
The Lucain appeared beside her and she jumped again in surprise. Aivreron hissed menacingly at them both. Fyte once again jumped in front of Aivreron to stop him from attacking the newcomers.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/12/2007 5:54 PM

Sugar had stared at the lucain for a moment, but noticed her friend's hooves and darted toward them. Oni stood as the hypofly jumped up onto his back apologizing for leaving him. "Come, I've met some friends who are also looking for this "Hunter"!" Onigiri snorted, and replyed, " Just make sure you do not run off again young'n. And friends looking for Hunters? I suppose I should introduce myself." They walked back up to the group and Onigiri bowed his head politely, his bells slightly chiming. " Thank you for finding my friend, I thought I had lost her." He smiled slightly as he scanned the group.
<center>
</center>
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/13/2007 2:57 AM

Fyte looked at Oni before saying "Your welcome! Your friend says you are looking for Hunters, would you three," nods at Miyavi, "Want to come with us?"
Aivreron glared at the others, then stalked of into the dark, looking for a Hunter.
"Don't mind him," Fyte said cheerily, "He is just a little moody."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/13/2007 10:58 PM

Onigiri smiled, but just as he was about to open his mouth, Sugar jumped up and stated, " We would love to! Right Brother?" Oni looked up at her and snorted, and then smiled. " The more the merrier I suppose. But where would we start searching?"
<center>
</center>
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ThunderWolf » 09/14/2007 1:11 PM

Jewel Tali

Massie gazed at the odd group, wondering what they were doing. There was such a large grup, she wondered if they might get offended if they added more. She shook away the thought and crept behind the Tuskow. "Hello!" she yelled from behind him.
ThunderWolf
Pets | Items

Postby Redd » 09/14/2007 4:58 PM

Aivreron walked up behind Massie, screeched and spread his wings wide, in an effort to scare him.
Fyte jumped twice, then motioned for them all to be quiet. "Hello, my name is Fyte, the bird behind you is Aivreron, Avir for short. We are all looking for Hunters, so if ya want to join us, feel free!" Aivreron turned around and started searching by himself.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ameratasu » 09/14/2007 10:54 PM

Miyavi blinked in consternation for a moment. Not the most friendly bunch, are they? He thought wryly. Still, I can't say I blame them. I did more ore less sneak up on them, after all. All the same, he took great care to take measured steps from the presence of the clearly objectionable Aivreron. He certainly did not seem inclined to welcome the Lucain, and the male took his cues from such hostile posturing. Flattening his ears somewhat in dejection, he surveyed the rest of the motley gathering

It would seem his earlier assumption was correct. They each desired to discover a hunter within such hallowed halls as these. Still rather abashed by his lack of acknowledgment, he simply stole in behind the rest. Perhaps as time worn on he could try again to strike up conversation. He was so intent on such thoughts that his head whipped about rather sharply at the sudden abrupt cry.

Yet an easy enough grin settled into place as he heard the invitation voiced by Fyte, and his tail began to display his pleasure in a sweeping wag. "Yes," he said, hardly able to contain the enthusiasm in his voice. "I'd very much like to come along."

He blinked then, attention averting to a Tali who had suddenly arrived in their midst. "Hello," he returned in gentle, musical tones. The group was getting quite large indeed.
Ameratasu
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 53
Donate

Next