A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Entranced By Their Beauty (Mekkayena Hunt, Open)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/03/2008 8:34 PM

(This Form)

"What a dreadfully dark place." Kitche stood outside the large wooden doors, nose wrinkled in something akin to disgust. What one earth was this place, and why one earth was she even here? Oh, that travel agent was going to pay dearly for booking this place for the likes of her. Of course, there was always the chance that...Kitche tilted her head. Maybe she'd gotten the directions wrong. The dark haired woman stared at the map clutched in her tanned hands, and then, slowly, ever so slowly, flipped it over. She cursed and groaned aloud. Oh, for goodness sakes! She'd had the map upside down!

Stomping inside the large Shrine, Kitche couldn't believe her rotten luck. "Of all the stupid, idiotic, foolish, moronically dumb, unbelievably unintelligent things I've ever done, this takes the cake!"she cried, frustrated at her inability to read her own writing or the map she had drawn. "I can't believe this. I just can't believe it." She stomped through the Shrine, oblivious to the ominous and foreboding feeling that circulated through the dusky, dingy rooms. With a grunt of dissatisfaction, she hurled herself onto one of the worn out benches, biting her fingernails in concentration.

Maybe if she retraced her steps, and re-read the map...But she hardly had any idea of where she was! So that wouldn't work. Growling in annoyance, the red-eyed female glanced up unhappily when something caught her eye and she paused, looking confused. "What on earth is that thing?"she wondered aloud, standing up and padding over to a large, ominous looking statue. It was of a gigantic, but strange looking canine, it's body curled sleepily around the feet of a mask-holding man. She reached out to touch it, her fingers tracing the statue's curves in delicate, smooth strokes.

"What a beautiful creature,"she murmured softly, eyes glued to the statue. To the side, another of the same creatures sat silently, standing quiet vigil for it's master. She pursed her lips, amazed at the beautiful craftsmanship, and the absolute reality invoked by the strangely real statues. They seemed to come to life and leap out at her, and Kitche could imagine a creature such as this springing through tall grass, hunting down weaker prey, and staring out at her with cold, uncaring yellow eyes. Oh, how beautiful!

Below the statues, a small inscription, obviously chiseled in after the statues were created by a lesser artist, stood out against all other writing. "Domon and Zwei,"the woman read carefully, her red orbs wide with astonishment. She lifted heavily veiled eyes back to the statues with a small smile. "Is that what your names are, little beauties? I wish you could talk. Oh, the stories I bet you could tell. Are there others like you? Where did you come from? I wish you could tell me..."She seemed entranced by these creatures, sticking close to the statues, even as darkness descended upon the Shrine, and night fell in Basantha.

[1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/06/2008 8:11 PM

ImageImage
[Both in human form]

"Just a little romantic getaway? Are you sure you don't want to hunt around a little?" asked Dinner, playfully poking her husband's ears. He huffed, pretending to be offended.

"Well...maybe. I mean, Mekkayenas are quite pretty! And one would make a good companion for Candycane."

"Well, that's true," admitted the Turkezilla lady. She kissed Sophur gently on the cheek, running her fingers through his red hair. "You know I'm teasing you!"

"Can't I tease back?" was his reply, as he hugged his wife tighter around the shoulders. "Eh?"

[1, 1]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/06/2008 8:37 PM

Kitche felt her eyebrow twitch at the sound of voices. She nearly gagged at the sickly sweet tones they used, and turned around, leaning on the statue as though protecting it. It was of Zwei, the one she had been so entranced by. She glanced up at the giant canine like creature, a small, happy smile on her face, before scowling at the intruders. Well, she guessed Basantha was free to everyone.

Giving a long suffering sigh, the woman leaned carefully against the statue, curly black hair splaying over her shoulders, and hands in her pockets. "Oi,"she called, sounding quite annoyed. "Get a room, you two, and leave us normal folk in peace." She scoffed, growling under her breath as her large, canine like ears atop her head twitched in annoyance. The only sign of her being a Lucain. Like a Mekkayena would ever show up with them here, anyways...

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/06/2008 8:44 PM

Sophur's tail twitched. "Looking at something?" he asked curiously, his head tilted to one side.

"Who are we to say what's normal?" was Dinner's comment, as she walked forwards, baring her sharp teeth. She didn't mean to scare, well...maybe just a little bit. But judging from the other one's attitude, such an action would not be very useful. "I thought I saw you...talking to that statue," she whispered softly. "Normal? I think not."

[2, 2]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/06/2008 9:13 PM

Kitche snorted, and felt her temper rising to the occasion. Her hair bristled in place of her usual pelt, the red and black streaks spiking up in unmistakable hostility. She pulled her hands from her pockets, and crossed her arms over her large chest, glaring over at them with infuriated red eyes. Any normal person would never have gotten so angry, but Kitche's temper was legendary.

"For your information, I was asking a question to the deities of this Shrine. Don't you recognize Gods when you see them?"she demanded in a harsh voice, gesturing towards Zwei. She tilted her head, baring her fangs in a very canine like manner as her red and black ears flattened against her skull. "And I thought I heard you talking about a Mekkayena. No Mekkayena would come within a one mile radius of you with all that disgusting touchy feely crud you have going there."

[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/08/2008 9:35 AM

Dinner bared her fangs, and spread out her arms, which began to shiver as they turned into wings. Sophur slapped himself in the face. Oh great. Last time Dinner got this mad, they had lost restaurant privileges. And that place had great food!

"Dinner, this isn't worth fighting over," he suggested. His mate didn't listen. Now in full Turkezilla form, she began to circle the Lucain female.

"Come at me! Or are you too scared?" she mocked, hissing softly.

[3, 3]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/08/2008 5:54 PM

Kitche felt her anger increase, and snarled darkly, eyes shining a brilliant red in the shadows. Cursed bird. If she were to harm the statues in her disgusting form, Kitche would tear her wings off. She glanced quickly at the stone-like carving of Zwei, before her gaze snapped back to the Turkezilla. "I am afraid of nothing," she snarled, claws extending from her fingers as she slowly shifted into her Lucain form.

She was roughly the same size as the giant bird, but this didn't bother her in the least. Her fur bristled as he lowered her head, glaring daggers at the avian as she slowly stalked forward on whisper soft paws. "When this is over, I will use your feathers to make a nice bed here. It so dreadfully cold,"she hissed, eyes narrowing into smaller slits.

Without warning, she leapt forward, teeth bared, paws outstretched as her claws reached for anything they could get a hold of. She was aiming for the Turkezilla's back. if she could get up there, then the foolish creature would buckle under her weight, and be forced to give up.

[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/09/2008 3:42 AM

Dinner shook herself, then jumped up, her fangs bared, ready to sink into the Lucain's neck. The artery would burst, and blood would flow...blood, blood, blood!

Sophur was screaming, trying to awaken his mate. He shifted into his Torken form and ran forwards, but was knocked aside by Dinner's buffeting wings.

"Dinner! Dinner, wake up!"

[4, 4]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/09/2008 5:57 PM

Kitche laughed darkly, amused by this entire fight. She enjoyed it. The thrill of battle was one of the things that got her blood pumping, her heart racing, her mind whirring. She lived for the thrill of the fight. She leapt aside, easily avoiding the Turkezilla's bloodlust and maddened attempt to tear open her neck. She glanced to the side, catching the Torken as he was knocked over, and then came skidding towards her. She leapt, but was not fast enough, having not expected him to come her way.

She stumbled, and went down hard, growling to herself as blood well up on a large scratch on her cheek. Perfect, just perfect. She was back on her feet in a moment. In battle, footing was everything. if you went down, you went down for good. She leapt at the Turkezilla, avoiding her flapping wings and sharp beak, and aimed for her chest, hoping she could knock her down, and get a good hold with her claws or teeth.

[5]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/10/2008 1:17 AM

Dinner backed up, holding her wings over her chest to block the fangs. Her head snapped forwards, trying to get a grip on the Lucain's tender ears. If she could sink her teeth into one of those, she could do some serious damage.

Sophur groaned. It seemed that both his mate and the other one were affected by bloodlust. He couldn't do anything now, and he knew it. He could only hope that no one would die...

[5, 5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/10/2008 4:31 AM

Kitche felt the avian's sharp beak flash past her ears, and felt blood trickle down her forehead. Her ears had been savaged, but she could not feel the pan. In the midst of battle, pain was an unnecessary burden. Something she did not need right now.

Her head snapped up, and she opened her jaws wide as the Turkezilla flashed it's beak over her for her ears, and went for the loose skin around the neck, hoping to gain a good hold so she could tear into her. Her claws scrabbled forward, grappling for purchase on the large, feathery body.

[6]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/10/2008 10:18 AM

Dinner gasped as the air was forced out of her throat, but thrust up one claw, aiming for the heart. She would have to strike true, to prevent strangling. Thrust. Thrust. Slash. Blood. Hers, or the other's? No matter.

Sophur rushed forwards, trying to grab the Lucain by the shoulders. He wasn't going to let them kill each other!

[6, 6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/10/2008 11:01 PM

Kitche felt the pointed claw a second before it nearly pierced right through her. She twisted her body in a graceful arc, and ended up neatly away from those slashing claws, eyes filled with rage, anger, and bloodlust. She was out for this creature's blood. She could taste it in her mouth, the Turkezilla's crimson life force. She smiled, and a small bead or red slid down her chin, dripping onto the floor at her feet.

Then, someone grabbed her by the shoulder, and she was nearly flung across the room by the unexpected attack. "Cursed little meddler!' she cried, as her body made contact with Zwei's statue. She coughed suddenly, and stood, growling as she held one paw curled tightly against her chest.

Her eyes glowed red in the dark, but then, abruptly, as though it had never happened, he seemed to calm down. "You shouldn't step into the middle of battle,"she said softly, and her gaze traveled to the statue of Zwei with adoration.

[7]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/11/2008 7:16 AM

"I could not let you kill my mate," replied Sophur, with a slight growl to his voice. "The battle was becoming too serious."

"Battles are meant to be serious," snarled Dinner, still partly in her feral mindset. "Still...I thank you." The ferocity faded away, and she returned to her human form, nodding thankfully at her mate.

[7, 7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/11/2008 9:44 PM

The Lucain seemed angry for a brief moment, rage flashing through her red eyes, before she seemed to shrug, and instantly switch forms. The only indication that she was a Lucain were the two black, fuzzy ears atop her mound of curly black hair.

They twitched with annoyance, before she sat down on the edge of the statue, the corner being the perfect seat. "Whatever,"she said, waving her hand. "No Mekkayena would come near you anyway."She looked up, eyes flashing. "That is why you came, isn't it?"

[8]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next