A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Searching For Healing [Open!]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/16/2007 12:00 PM

[Using Human-form Jako, Darkness, and Oni]

Jako slid through the temple's doors, with a blanket-wrapped bundle in his arms, and Darkness close behind him. Dark wasn't afraid, and neither was Jako, though none of them had been to this place before. Spying what was probably meant to be a bench, the human-form Prismatic Fenling lay his bundle down, and knelt, uncovering some of it to reveal a pale, young face. It was Oni who was in those blankets, and he didn't look very good. They'd brought him here to try and find a Healer. It was a good bet. Temples generally had those sorts of things. The clinic didn't seem to be able to do anything for him. It was almost as though he was permanently sick.

"Oni... Kiddo, can you wake up?" Jako said softly, shaking the little Kuhna's shoulder a bit.

He was just as pathetic in quad form, but human-form was easier for Jako to look after. The child didn't move, and the Fenling turned to Darkness, eying the human-form Void Tali and sighing.

"Go get someone, Dark. Ask if they know of any Healers. And tell them it's urgent."

After the command was given, the oldest of the Castledown residents went back to trying to rouse the Cake Kuhna while Dark slid off to obey. Jako was worried. Not just for the little one, but for any who came in here to look for help. If there were no Healers, it could pose a serious problem - one he wasn't too terribly keen on dealing with. Not only would it mean that Oni might die... it would mean that, since it was HIS discovery, he would have to provide the place with a Healer from the clinic... which there were none. It didn't make things any easier, knowing that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dark obeyed Jako's command without question. It wasn't that he was all that in love with authority, it was just that he too was worried about Oni. Ever since they'd found him, it'd been one health issue after another. He was always sleeping, and seemed to always have a fever. Dark wouldn't be surprised if the poor kit had a curse on him. Not yet a teenager, it would be easy for Oni to have picked up something nasty from one of the other street-kids that he'd been living with. Much like him, Jako had found the Kuhna roaming the streets, lost, alone, and cold. Therefore, it wasn't too much of a surprise that Oni had been sick. But to stay sick this long? There was definitely something going on there. He raised his voice just the barest amount to call out.

"Hello? Anyone there who can help us?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Cake Kuhna couldn't hear much of anything. He heard muttering, but not what the voices were saying. Hot. So hot. Too hot. He felt like he was spinning around and around, and he wanted off! He felt the strong arms of Jako around him, protecting him. He liked that. He liked it when Jako held him. He was tempted to take his animal form again, but didn't - seeing as that would make it harder on Jako. He worshiped the man. He'd brought him in, and took care of him, and gave him a place to sleep, and made the world all wonderful. He didn't seem to care that he was a common color - something that looked like... well... his species. Cake. Good enough to eat. But he wasn't going to be eaten, was he? That thought brought him back, and he moaned, though the sound didn't carry beyond his own mind. He felt all dizzy and weak and tired. Tingly, too. Like he just wanted to curl up right there... Hey... that wasn't a half-bad idea...
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/16/2007 12:31 PM

She wandered up to the shrine, cold and alone.  Where was she?  How'd she get here?  The farthest back she could remember was an hours ago, when she had woken-up, in human form, 5 miles away.  She had trusted her gut, and walked along towards the dirrection of the brightest star.  And it had led her here.

Oh, how Amber longed to be back in the warm room in the house she had had with Roxy.  But she didn't know how to get back to Lambastia, at least, not in the dark.  And so the human-form Rollaby walked inside the shrine.

That was when she heard something.  A voice, it must have been.  But whose?  Maybe they knew how she'd gotten here.  Or at least they might help her back.

Following the noise, Amber called out, "Who is it?  Who's there?" as loud as she could.  And then it hit her.  What if they were mean, evil people? (lol) What if they wanted to hurt her?  Stupid, stupid mistake, calling out like that.

Amber dashed around a corner and hid behind a statue.  Maybe they wouldn't find her.

Common Rollaby

Amber
Its 2:45, the baby takes his first breath
The mother never knew he only had a few left.
And the father gets a call in the middle of the night.
His breathe gets short and his chest gets tight.

But he’s sixteen and he’s driving too fast
Takes a turn to the left, it would be his last.
Nobody knows what happens if he turns to the right
Nobody in the car would have died that night.

But he’s thirty-two and invincible
The cancer that he had, it was visceral.
He never saw it coming, though he had his whole life.
Sick in the morning and he died in the night.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 88
Donate
Location: How do you say 'under your bed' in a way that's not creepy...

Dark [2]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/16/2007 2:46 PM

Dark heard something as he was headed toward one of the monks. A voice. And a mad scramble against the floor. Curiously, he started looking behind and under things, finally catching sight of - and scent of - a female Rollaby - not too much older than himself. He perked slightly, and came completely around the statue to introduce himself.

"Hello. My name is Darkness. ... Who are you? What are you doing here?"

Ok, so maybe that would sound a little gruff - but he wasn't known for being gentle in his manner - just distant and disconnected. Dark. Like his name.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Jako [2] - Dark [3]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/17/2007 1:40 PM

Jako stayed beside Oni, and stroked his hair back. When Darkness had been gone for twenty minutes, he started to worry that he was taking too long. With a soft word of reassurance to Oni, he rose from his side, and started off in the direction Dark had gone in. At first, he didn't see, hear, or scent a single thing out of the ordinary. However... He knew Darkness was here, because he could remember him coming this way, and hadn't seen him leaving by any other route. He paused, and swung his head around, inhaling, and trying to pick up any unusual smells. There! That was it! Something that didn't belong. A female. ... Oh great. NOW he knew where Dark was. Without hesitating at all, he grinned and went back behind the statue.
"THERE you are. I sent you to go get a Healer, not to flirt! What on earth are you DOING back here?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Darkness blushed, and looked quickly away from the girl he'd been eying. He didn't say a word, and didn't move, his entire frame tense. He didn't want to yell at Jako - especially in front of this pretty girl - but he had a feeling he wouldn't have a choice if he didn't move. Dark just went silent, and waited for the tirade to begin. He knew it was coming - it was just a matter of time before it arrived. Like a storm that was in the far off distance but getting closer. And Jako was known for his 'storms' at Castledown.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/17/2007 9:45 PM

Amber leaped back in fear, practically knocking the statue over, when Darkness approached her.  He seemed friendly enough, but it could be impossible to tell people's personalitiesjust by thier appearance.  "I'm Amber.  Nice to meet you."  She stayed cautious though.  You could never tell.

But when the other one came, Jako, he frightened her more.  He was obviously angry, and she didn't want to make matters worse.  he looked about ready to explode.

But what was that he had said about a healer?  Her curiosity over coming her fear, Amber replied, "If you need a healer, I might be able to help.  I mean, I'm not too good at it, but my grandmother was, so I know a few things...If you want the help."  Hopefully this would make him less angry, and by doing so, less frightening.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Jako [3]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/17/2007 10:57 PM

Jako's train of thought suddenly derailed, and he turned his gaze to Amber. Smiled now. He wasn't so scary - just a bit intimidating when angry. He held out his hand in greeting.

"Sorry I scared you. I was just worried for Darkness, and for Oni. If you happen to have any sort of medical knowledge... would you please follow us? The little one is very sick, and I fear for his life..."

Jako's voice trailed off as he saw that he was talking in circles. He shook his head briefly, and looked back toward where he left Oni.

"Please? He needs someone, and I can't seem to find a healer at all... Neither can Darkness, apparently."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/18/2007 7:55 PM

Amber nodded, and shook Jako's hand.  'Oni must be the one who was sick' she thought.  "Sure.  I'd love to help.  I'm not the best there is, though.  But I can try."  She really hoped she could help.  She didn't know how she'd gotten her, but maybe this was why.  Maybe she was supposed to save a life.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Jako [4] - Dark [4] - Oni [2]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/19/2007 11:18 AM

Jako quite quickly lead the girl back to where Oni still slept, looking on worriedly as Darkness and he backed up to give the Rollaby room. Jako's lips twitched into the semblance of a nervous smile, and he clenched both hands into fists to stop them from shaking. He didn't know whether or not this girl would be able to do anything for Oni, but that was  his hope. HE hadn't done much so far, and he'd tried everything. Of course, he wasn't exactly a doctor. Medicine was no his forte. Neither, really, was taking care of people, but he'd been thrust into the role without much of a warning. He sighed. Shook his head for a moment to regain his composure, and relaxed. This didn't take long, and it was only a small amount of time before the worry had subsided enough for him to sufficiently calm down and let the girl do her job.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Darkness watched from the sidelines. While he was, yes, worried for Oni, he also had other things on his mind - such as who exactly that girl was. She was pretty, although she wasn't a Tali, he'd like to get to know her better. MUCH better. But that would have to wait until later. He slipped away, back into the dim hallways of the shrine. He was both exploring, and getting out of Jako and Amber's way. That was just how it had to be.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The poor little Kuhna on the bench didn't seem too terribly aware of the world around him. He was dizzy, and the world kept spinning and spinning. It was also making him more than a little tired. He kept drifting off, no matter how hard he tried to stay awake. This was not a good thing, because when his eyes were closed, he couldn't see Jako, Darkness, or the woman, and being alone made him feel very, very frightened. Not that they would know that. But still... He still had a high fever, and he was still shaking with cold only he could feel. Not to mention the fact that he was still pale as a sheet.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/19/2007 7:44 PM

Amber looked down at Oni.  The poor thing.  He was pale, shaking rapidly, and had a high fever.  It seemed like a farely simple bacterial infection, but, with Oni being so young and this illness having so long to spred, it was no wonder he was so sick.

"How lond has he been like this?" Amber asked.  There were several things that could kill bacteria, but it all depended on what type it was and how long it had had to develope.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Jako [5]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/19/2007 8:09 PM

Jako watched Darkness stalk off, and sighed a bit. He wanted to go after him, but he had more important things to deal with at the moment. He muttered something under his breath before the girl's speaking drew his attention back to the matter at hand. Kneeling, he stroked back Oni's hair as he answered the question.

"A few days... Since we found him. He was curled up inside a cardboard box - in human form. We were starting to wonder if he was alive, but then he got up and followed us until I went back to carry him."

He bit his bottom lip softly.

"Is he going to be ok?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Dark [3] - Oni [3]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 7:35 PM

Darkness, meanwhile, roamed the halls of the forgotten place, and sighed. Loudly. It echoed from the stones, and made strange half-echoes that almost immediately progressed the entire atmosphere into the 'creepy' category. He shivered, and pulled his jacket a bit closer around him, wishing that the cold and bitter feelings in his head would disappointed as neatly as the sigh had. In other words, the sound had faded, but the thoughts remained. And that was something he didn't like. Being forced to come here had been Jako's doing, and all he wanted to do was to just go home. This place reminded me of so many things that he hated. He was lonely, and this place just made that fact excruciatingly obvious. The dust and the dark seemed to suit. But it didn't suit him. If he could be happy for once, he would. But there was nothing to be happy about. Oni was sick. Jako was a jerk. And he really didn't know anyone else but the mysterious being referred to simply as The Caretaker. Whoever THAT was seemed to have a soft-spot for Dark, giving him the alone-time he needed, and forcing him to run into others when he really should. He felt an ache for that half-companionship now, and started to turn back. He was going to leave this desolate place - Jako and Oni, or NO Jako and Oni.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oni still felt awful, but it wasn't near as bad as a few moments ago. Something appeared to be helping him get better, and he had a feeling it was this... this place. This place, the shrine, felt inherently GOOD - a feeling that Oni most definitely wasn't used to. Back in the orphanage, all he'd felt was fear. Fear was a cold, bitter, sad beast. But this feeling was warm, light, and enveloped him in trust and care. Like the surrounding arms of a mother or father. Something which Oni had never once possessed. Or at least he couldn't remember possessing. He HAD to have - everyone had parents. But he couldn't recall his no matter how hard he tried. Some little voice inside his head told him that he was better off not remembering, and he left it at that. Not for the first time was he glad that Jako had pulled him from the gutters. And he was sure this wasn't going to be the last time he felt that way either.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Dark [4] - Oni [4]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 9:05 PM

The Void one sighed, for about the fiftieth time, and started off down one of the halls that was slightly better lit than the rest of them. He had to get out of here, and get out of here he would. Memories kept flooding back. Memories of the night that Jako had found him - cold and shivering on the steps of this temple. Before that, he had roamed for hours through the maze of hallways, looking for a way out. It brought back those thoughts. Even though he knew where the exit lay now, he was still terrified of the emotions which wandering around here brought. He would not be sad if he NEVER saw this place again - which is what he hoped would be true the moment he stepped out of here. Tears pricked his eyes, and he blinked them away, fingering both scars, and lowering his head to swallow back a lump of fear in his throat. There was no one after him now. He was just wandering. Going toward the exit... He had to calm down.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The young Kuhna was starting to get restless. The more he stayed around this place, the better he felt. The sickness was receding. Whether or not this was an effect of the holy energy in this Temple, or simply the fact that the disease had run its course did not matter. It wasn't like he had a wide base of medical knowledge, so of course he didn't know which. All HE knew was that he felt better, and he felt like moving. Slowly, as though afraid of breaking his head like an egg, he lifted it, and sat up, swinging his legs around to touch his feet to the floor. It was a wonderful experience, walking again. Without the least amount of explanation or apology, he started toward the exit, gaining his balance. Once he had it, he grinned back at Jako, and took off for the door at a run.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Dark [5] - Oni [5]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/20/2007 9:30 PM

Darkness made a mad sprint for the small patch of light he knew was a door now. Freedom! At last, freedom! He almost sobbed at it. But then again, he was now standing in the middle of a large crowd of people outside the temple, and that wouldn't have been too terribly prudent at the moment. He happened to notice someone come out right next to him - Oni. So the kid was feeling better. That was good. He was going to go home now, and lock himself in his room again. Without any further thought or internal discussion on the matter, he started down the steps, and through the throng of people, soon disappearing from sight the way he'd come in. Quietly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Cake Kuhna burst through the doors as healthy as ever. He didn't know what the heck had happened in there, but he felt powerful, light, and warm. It was as though he was filled with sunshine from the inside. He had no doubts whatsoever in his mind that this was the doing of the gods. The holy ones would be getting many, many offerings for curing him. He WOULD be back, and he would bring much with him. But for now, all he wanted to do was go home and burn some of his newfound energy! Off he went, at a dead run, through the crowded streets, bumping into people accidentally as he went. He followed Darkness, and vanished from sight.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/21/2007 7:59 PM

Amber smiled.  Oni was okay.It didn't matter how it had happened.  And now maybe she'd be able to make it home.  Walking around the shrine for a while, she eventually came to the exit.  It wasn't to hard to find, she thought.  As she exited, she ran into an old friend of hers.  He happily gave her dirrections to Lambastai.  She was going home.

(5 of 5, I'm no longer a part of this R.P.)

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate