A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Lets just Hope....[Hunter Hunt, Private]

Postby MythicDusk » 07/13/2008 7:09 AM

[Between me, Shadow, Polytetra and possibly Random Event 1 or 2.]

Styx Souji
Beatrix
Braska

Styx slowly walked up the snowy rockface of the mountains, his nose numbed by the cold, his paws screaming at him to give up and just lay down and sleep. But he refused it. His teeth barred against the cold, shivverd running through his very structure. He will NOT give up! His crimson eyes looked almost robotic to Beatrix, the chaos albie that travelled beside him, it was quite scary. She was made for this type of terrain. She moved through it with ease. But she held herself back so she could keep a eye on Styx. Yes, he was stronger than her, but still, everyone needs someone to tell them where to place there paw. She looked upwards at the faint image of the void hollowheart travveling above them and she smiled slightly. He finally came down to rest infront of them, taking most of the harsh wind. Styx stumbled slightly, but Beatrix caught him by his scruff, working on keeping him stanging. He finally stood in his own, a few trickles of blood flowing down his neck from where Beatrix bit him.

The Void hollowheart craned his neck backwards, his pale eyes looking at Beatrix. His thoughts echoed around her and Styx's mind. 'The winds are too strong up high! I have to walk. Lets just hope that the winds don't get any stronger. Beatrix nodded, and then looked at Styx. He was the one whom spoke first. "Why must we hope they do not get any stronger?" He almost had to shout to have himself heard over the icy winds. 'Otherwise I may not be able to find the Shrine!' Braska's thoughts rumbled. Styx nodded silently and they began to press on, following the winding path. Finally they stumbled across some steps. Litirally stumbled, Styx fell over them.  When he did that, beatrix smirked and Belias shook his head, letting out a long breath from his nostrils, seemingly sighing. They finally entered the Shrine, Beatrix looked about with Awe, Braska finally squeezed himself through the doorway, and Styx looked indifferent. Beatrix gave him a harsh glare, her horns dripping with moisture from the melting snow.

"How can you not be amazed by its beauty?" styx snapped back. "How can you? I've been here once before with Duskie, remember? We found nothing then, and I'm pretty sure we will find nothing now!" Beatrix snarled and launched at him, tackling him to the ground and biting into his foreleg, making him yelp and he bit into her shoulder. She did not let go. Braska finally intervined by pushing beatrix off Styx so they both let go. Blood was dripping from there maw's and from there wounds. "How DARE you question Duskie!" Styx sneered. "Why do you worship her?! She's just a woman, able to be killed and die of old age, you and I both know that. Sooner or later, only Braska and Belias will be left alive of this family. The rest of us will DIE!" A snarl appeared on Beatrix's lips, but Belias held her back, sending a echo of his mind through the halls powerfully. 'Stop!' Beatrix clamed and Styx sneered, looking about the main hall, small bloodsplatters on the floors gave the hall a metallic smell, Styx wrinkled his nose, Beatrix sneered and Belias shook his head slightly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/13/2008 10:45 AM

[center]ImageImage

Akemi, Female Lucain ------ Elenion, Male Yonyuu

Akemi really didn't know why she was here. She had felt something, something inside her that had told her to come here. She generally trusted her internal senses, as crazy as they could be. She had regretted it this time; her paws were sore from climbing the snowy mountain towards the Shrine itself. She wasn't built for this type of terrain.

She wasn't alone, however. With her was a Dreamsnare Yonyuu by the name of Elenion. He was silent, not complaining at all. He seemed to be more fit for the terrain then Akemi was.

Akemi squinted in the wind; she had convinced herself that she could see something ahead. Was it just her imagining things, wanting some warmth, food, and comfort? Or was she actually seeing someone? She couldn't be sure until she actually heard them.

"Hello?" She called out. That had been stupid. Her voice would probably just be lost in the wind, which seemed to be blowing towards her. There was absolutely no way anybody could hear her if they were in front of her. She used what energy she had to increase her speed, to try and get closer to see if anybody really was there.

Elenion followed behind Akemi, still not saying anything to her, to himself, or to anything or anybody who might be in the area. Why had he even agreed to come along? Shouldn't Akemi have known about the bad weather that this area was getting today?

Once Akemi had gotten close enough to see, and to hear, she could see the outlines of Styx, and two other creatures she didn't know. Was it really him? It seemed unlikely that they would find each other in two different places within the same week.

"Styx, is that you?" She called.

There's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...
Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 825
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/13/2008 10:58 AM

Styx looked out the door, a similar voice reached him and he priked his ears. "Akemi? Akemi, is that you? Where are you?" He squinted into the snow and saw a outline of her and he smiled, racing out the door and he instantly wished he hadn't. The snow stung his wounds and the steps were slippery. Belias squeezed himself out, stepping out infront of Styx as he slipped and landed on his side, winding himself.

Beatrix rolled her eyes heavily and sighed, padding outside, the snow and winds didn't seem to make any difference to her as she walked with ease to meet the two strangers as if she was in the Shrine. Styx fynally stood and walked carefully towards Akemi, greeting her with a gentle nuzzle on her cheek. Beatrix sat on the bottom step, looking about boredly and Belias re-entered the Shrine, already feeling chilly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/13/2008 8:50 PM

[center]"Styx! It's you! Yep, it's me," Akemi said. Wow, so it was him! Hadn't she seen him just the other day in the Vast Plains? It seemed like she had seen him just a few hours ago. She licked the top of his head again, just as she had done when saying good-bye when they were in the Vast Plains.

"Oh, I haven't introdused you to my friend yet," she said. Gesturing to the Dreamsnare Yonyuu behind her with her tails, she began to introduce them. "Styx, this is Elenion. Elenion, this is Styx." It was a classic, cheesy introduction, but it would have to do for now. It amused her, to a certain extent to make introductions in the way she had just now. As Elenion was gestured to, and then introduced, he nodded at Styx and the others who were with him.

"Why are you here?" Elenion asked quietly. "Akemi seemed to know you, something, or someone else important would be here. She wanted me to come along, because I am better suited to the environment here than she is."

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/14/2008 4:46 AM

Styx wagged his tails lightly and bobbed his head towards Elenion in a greeting. He looked behind himself and said gently. "I would like you to meet my companions." He smiled, motioning towards Beatrix with one of his tails, who looked away with a angry 'Tch'. "Thats Beatrix, she isn't the type to by HAPPY!" He said loudly, this made Beatrix puff out with annoyance. He looked within the shrine to the large, hulking beast resting within it. 2And that's Braska." He smiled.

He looked at the Yonyuu, his ears flicking slightly. "I came becasue my owner wishes for a hunter, and we were the only ones who were free. Beatrix knows this terrain fairly well, Braska has fairly good eyesight and I guess I'm just here for protection, seeing as Belias was too busy with his girl and Zidane...he's just lazy." He grinned, He begun to turn towards the shrine. "Would you two like to come?" His tails twitched, as did his ears, he was beginning to feel the cold. A heavy shiver was sent through his frame.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/14/2008 10:46 AM

[center]Akemi giggled as Beatrix was introduced. She herself, recently, since getting out of the house more, had become a lot happier, in opposition to her usual temper. She really just needed to run sometimes, just get away from everybody else. She then got ahold of her giggling, and nodded to Beatrix, and then to Braska as they were introduced.

"I'm Akemi," she added unessicarily to them. They had probably realized by now that her name was Akemi, but she loved restating the obvious, mainly to be annoying. But she generally did this when she was annoyed at home, and needed some amusement.

Elenion nodded. "We would be more than happy to help you," he said. "I'm sure Akemi would love to." This wasn't really what he had planned to do, but didn't dare voice it. He had hoped that there would just be nothing here, and that they would be able to just go back home. But if Akemi knew... he nearly shivered.

"Let's go in," he said in his usual quiet, calm tone. He wanted to be able to see a real Hunter, but how would it act towards him? Would it attack him? What were they really like? He had heard several rumours, but he wouldn't be able to fully believe them until he recieved genuine conformation that they were true? He took a few steps towards the entrance to the shrine, waiting for Akemi and Styx to step ahead of him.

Akemi nodded, walking towards the entrance of the Shrine. This would definitely be interesting...

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/14/2008 10:53 AM

Styx walked ahead, into the shrine, Duskie at his heels and he entred the shrine, shaking snow from his pelt and wirinkling his nose at the overpowering smell of his blood. He still had a small limp, but his paw had stopped bleeding, at least. Beatrix sneered and looked about the halls. "Which one first?" Styx seemed to Shrug and Braksa looked about. 'Shall we let the new ones decide?' His rumbling thoughts were soft, almost velvety. His eyes gazed unblinkingly towards the Halls of Rememberance. Wondering what hid within.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/14/2008 11:29 AM

[center]As Akemi entered the shrine, she was somewhat calmed by the quiet talking and praying of the few trainers and other creatures in the area. She looked above her at the high ceiling, somewhat dazed by the height and the elaborate patterns on it. She looked around her, taking in every detail that she possbly could proccess: the statues, the floor...

Once they were near the area where there were three hallways, Akemi gestured to the Halls of the Lost with her paw. For some reason, she had the feeling that they would be most likely to find a Hunter in there, rather than anywhere else. She gave a questioning look to Styx, as if to say, "Here is the best place, no?"

Elenion was somewhat uneasy about going into the Halls of the Lost. He wasn't sure about what would be in there, and, if they were the Halls of the Lost, wouldn't they get lost, too, and never come out? But he didn't contridict Akemi. She seemed to generally be right about these things; she trusted herself, and her random internal wants to go places. If she trusted herself, then Elenion would as well. She knows best, he told himself, although not aloud.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/14/2008 11:41 AM

Styx looked over towards the other two. Beatrix nodded and came to his side, Barking at Braska who took a small step towards the halls of remeberance, dazed. At the bark, he shook his head and turned towards them. He looked at the archway and shook his head. 'You think I'l get through there? Please!' Styx looked at the archway, and then to the others. "He's right you know, he's too big."Beatrix nodded silently and then looked to Akemi. "Lead the way. Your instintcs seem to be leading us." She shrugged lightly and Styx looked at her with his rubied gaze and sighed lightly. Following Akemi.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/14/2008 12:34 PM

[center]Akemi nodded. "Will he wait here for us, then?" She asked. She didn't wait fo an answer, however. Whatever happened would happen, and she would see. "Okay," she said, stepping through the archway. She walked into the hall slowly, unsure. It was a peculiar place, she was sure of that. She noticed a small indent in the floor in which snow fell into; it seemed to possibly have been put there to catch snow that leaked through a hole in the roof. But the hole in the roof didn't seem like natural wear and tear, almost as if it was measured, and put there on purpose. How odd...

"Come on," she said. Her paws tingled with every step, and she wasn't sure if it was because of the feeling of the shrine itself, or because they were going to find something. Hunters were rarely found, and she wasn't sure if they were even seen all that often.

Elenion followed closely behind Akemi. This place was sort of creepy, in his mind. He almost regretted coming along with her, even if he was better suited for the terrain than she was. He had forgotten some of the things that he had heard about this place. He gulped, trying to supress his fear. Akemi could probably sense it, not to mention the others who were with them.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/14/2008 12:48 PM

Styx nodded slightly. "He will probably stay there and tell us if he hears anything peculiar." Beatrix nodded slightly and begun to puick up her bace, coming up beside Elenion as Styx trotted past them to catch up with Akemi. "Don't wet yourself now." Beatrix sneered and smirked. Knowing that would of probably been one heck of an insult to Elenion.

Styx smiled at Akemi. "Anything interesing happen since I was gone?" A large grin spreading on his face. He looked around the Hall of the Lost, it seemed eerilie quiet, but so peaceful at the same time. he seemed to feel at home here. His eyes gazed over the walls unblinkingly. He wanted to take in every fine detail he could before he left. With or without a Hunter.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/14/2008 7:58 PM

[center]"Okay," Akemi said to Styx, her quetion answered, and her curiosity satisfied. As he came up closer to her, she smiled. "No, nothing unusual," she said, almost giggling again. "I just saw you a couple of days ago, after all," she said. "Things have been better these past few days, though," she said. "I really needed to run, and just let everything out. Thanks." She twitched her tails slightly, uncomfortable with saying this sort of thing.

Elenion scowled at Beatrix, trying to act 'brave.' "I'm not scared that easily," he said, trying to think of a retort. These things didn't come easily for him, especially not at a time like now, in a place like this. He'd get her back later. He smiled to himself quietly, trying to entertain himself with the thought, even though he probably wouldn't have the nerve to get her back. Ah, the thought of doing it later~

He stayed a little distance behind Akemi for the time being. He didn't want to inturrupt her conversation with Styx, who she seemed to know from somewhere else. How long had they known each other? How long had Akemi been leaving the house to see him? It's not like that, he told himself, although he couldn't help but suspect that she had been secretly leaving the house to see him.

But in truth, she hadn't.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/15/2008 5:16 AM

Styx smiled and twitched his ears. He didn't feel safe, but he felt somewhat protected. The 4 of them, against a single hunter. He may be overly confident, but he was sure of there strength...And Beatrix's rage. He risen his head highter, so it was tilted back, his nose pointed to the sky, it was a little less numbed, he could smell some things. He wrinkled his nose and begun to snarl. He could smell blood, decay, tears....and loss...

Beatrix smirked. "Your scent dosen't say that." She looked up at the strange-acting Styx, lay back her ears, parted her legs, lowering her head and tilting it forward so she could butt any threat and her lips pulled back into a hefty snarl as a growl rumbled deep within her. He let it flow out from between her clenched jaws...Something wasn't right about this place....

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/15/2008 11:18 AM

[center]Akemi stopped where she was, unsure what was upsetting Styx. "What's wrong?" She asked. She also began to sniff. It wasn't the cleanest of places, but one thing was for sure; her trainer had been here. She had been here multiple times, with different creatures. How odd. What had Shadow been up to lately? A whole new aspect of her trainer's life clicked into Akemi's mind. Shadow did things that she didn't tell akemi about, like coming up here? Maybe she had come up here before Akemi had come? The scent was definitely old enough. She would ask about it once she had the opportunity.

Elenion nearly snarled at Beatrix, except that he was rather intimidated by her. He would get her back later. If he could work up the nerve to, which he doubted he could. He was scared of amlost everything, and made it hard for him to do anything like that.

He also began to sniff around, and quickly found the source of the others' discomfort. This place wasn't right at all, that was for sure... He began to whimper to himself quietly, as a pup might do to comfort itself when scared.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/15/2008 11:36 AM

"Why don't we just take the Baby back to Belias?" Beatrix growled, still snarling and growling, her large teeth glistening and Styx growled "Stop it Beatrix, we need everyone here if we run into trouble." Beatrix stopped throwing insults, but continued to snarl, she could smell Duskie here, and Styx, and someone else...Strange.... "Who came here with you Styx?!" Beatrix snapped. styx growled back. "Thats none of your buisness Beatrix." "If it concernes my owner, its all of my buisness!" Styx swung round, his head low and his teeth barred, his lips pulled back into a angry snarl. "Do NOT question me, Beatrix, you know I can hurt you!" "I can hurt you just as much Styx!" her voice echoed through the halls of the Lost, the anger of it bouncing off the walls.

Styx launched himself forward, snarling, his hackles risen and his jaws wide, ready to bite. When he brought his weight down on Beatrix, she yelped and tobbled, landing on her back and swatting Styx with her paws. He simply bit her leg, clamping down, making her yelp and whimper. He eventually let go, blood dripping from his maw and he turned away from her, his form shaking with anger as the metallic scent of blood filled the halls. Beatrix began to lick her paw gently, trying to stop the bleeding.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer