A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Postby MythicDusk » 07/21/2008 11:26 AM

Beatrix slowly calmed, but Styx did not lessen his stance until Beatrix's watery voice echoed behind him. "You said it yourself Styx, we need every person we can get, now just stop it, will you?" Styx slowly stood back up straight, his crimson eyes were still full of anger. He looked over towards the Halls of Remeberance and looked back to Akemi, wondering. "That way, we may as well, someone needs to say a prayer for the albie." Beatrix nodded slightly, she was surprised with herself, she admitted that she wanted her mother. All of her defences had been broken down by a corpse.

Styx looked over to Beatrix, who was now looking over her shoulder at the pool of blood of where the albie lay. Styx gave off a short whine to Beatrix, but she did not turn her head away, she seemed to be in a trance, her eyes glassy, her mouth hanging open and she slowly turned towards it and slowly walked towards the pool of crimson. Styx risen a eyebrow and said gently. "Beatrix, we have to go, you can inspect that later." beatrix bent her head to the blood, the end ov her muzzle dipping into it. the end of her nose was now red, as were the front of her muzzle and the bottom of one of her paws when she stepped into it. She pulled herself away from the blood and walked up beside Styx, leaving a red pawprint and some troplets of blood that had dripped from her muzzle, and then looking back at Akemi, Elenion and the Fellox. Wondering if they were going to enter.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/21/2008 11:49 AM

[center]"Can we call you Tilden?" Elenion said aloud to the fellox. His voice was that of a young child, despite his abilities. He didn't like to overuse his ability to use telepathy, because he found that he got headaches from using it excessively. Just previously, however, he had felt that it was neccesary. "And do you want to come with us?" He said, almost with excitement. Childish excitement; he had amlost completely forgotten about the corpse.

The answer to Elenion's question had already been implied by the statement that the fellox was looking for a Hunter, so Akemi didn't even bother to ask. "I'm Akemi," she said with a slight accent. "And this is Elenion-" She gestured to the Yonyuu- "-Styx-" she gestured to Styx, "-and Beatrix," she finished, pointing to Beatrix with her tails.

She nodded to Styx. "It would suit to go there," she said in agreement.

There's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...
Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 825
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/21/2008 12:05 PM

"Yes," Tilden replied. "To both." He nodded respectfully to each one as they were introduce and then nodded once again at the idea of going into the Hall of Rememberance. He was unsure as to whether or not they would want him in there, as he wasn't really there during the events. Was it really appropriate? He would pay his respects to the dead as much as possible but it was up to this gathering whether they wanted him their.
He felt like quite the outsider, they having been through so much in the last few moments and he, just a stranger, having tripped rather clumsily into the situation and been confronted with a rather displeased looking Lucain. The others seemed friendly enough...
He recovered a more acceptable stance, the majestic way his usually stood bringing his head up, chest out and tails curving tidily away from the ground. He leaned back on his haunches, sitting tall and waiting for some action to be taken as he curled his tails up about his feet and twitched his ears.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby MythicDusk » 07/21/2008 12:18 PM

Styx began to walk towards the Halls of Rememberance, Beatrix walking behind him, the only thing she could smell was the metallic pang of blood. Styx winced at the scent and continued on his way. They both stared at the candles. Beatrix felt out of place. Blood on her face, she felt guilty. Styx frowned slightly. He and Duskie had been here before, and it didn't feel any better then. He gently picked up a small splint in his maw and lit one of the candles with it. His eyes slowly shutting and mumbling something. More tears ran down Beatrix's face and she turned to the Fellox, Running back towards him. Styx's eyes flew open and he barked at her, but she ignored him, coming to somewhat of a halt infront of Tilden and pressing her bloodied face into his fur, sobbing into it. He reminded her of someone, quite obviously.

Styx looked worried, but he then grunted, flicking his tails and slowly moving deeper into the halls. "They'l catch up later." Beatrix was stilly crying into Tilden's fur. Unable to think of what else to do.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/21/2008 12:35 PM

[center]Akemi followed Styx, keeping close to ward of cold. She hadn't gotten much blood on her, although there were a few drops on her paws and legs. Her foot pads were sore from walking in the snow, and on the cold stone of the Shrine. She hadn't much been enlightened by the death of the Albie, and almost wanted to abandon the search. But no, she'd stay for now. Several things --and creatures-- made her want to stay here, and not just abandon the search and go home.

When they had reached the Halls of Amnesty and Remembrance, and Styx had lit a candle, Akemi asked, "Do you want me to say a prayer, or would one of you rather?" She was asking Elenion, as well as Styx, and Beartix and Tilden if they could hear her, because of the slight possibility that Elenion might want to say a prayer.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/21/2008 1:15 PM

Tilden was a little taken aback and froze for a moment, then gave in and relaxed. He craned his neck and put his chin on her head quietly.
"It's alright, Beatrix." He muttered softly, ear twitching nervously. He barely knew this Albie and she was turning to him for comfort; why? He would give her the comfort she needed though, if he could. The steam billowing from the seams of his form calmed and thinned, tails of himself leaking into the cool atmosphere. What more could he do right now?

OoC:// Sorry this post is really bad, I'm braindead. =[
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby MythicDusk » 07/21/2008 1:35 PM

Beatrix gave off a muffled 'Thank you' and continued to huddle up to him slightly. Styx looked away from them, and turned back to Akemi, nodding slightly. "If you wish, I have said my prayer." That must of been what he was mumbling. The air still twanged with the scent of blood, ugh, blood. Styx saw black butterflies spreading there wings before his eyes. He blinked quickly, but more and more were spreading, and he finally collapsed. Well, it was better than going into a rampaging bloodlust.

When he rose, Beatrix was still huddled up to Tilden and it had only been about a minute. The butterflies were gon but his sences were more attuned, and the scent was stronger. Darnit.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 07/21/2008 4:40 PM

[center] Akemi and Elenion seemed to nod in unison, both turning to the candle to each say a prayer. Elenion seemed to be trying to use telepathy to try to relay his message of sorrow and pleas to the gods. After they were both done, Akemi channeled a small spark of electricity between her ears before making a suggestion.

"So, should we look around here a little while, or what?" She flicked her ears backwards, channeling another electric spark between them. She figured that Styx would probably suggest that they wait for Tilden, but she would generally have waited for them to catch up. She flicked her ears, another spark flying between them.

"Akemi, it kinda scares me when you do that..." Elenion said with a slight whine.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/21/2008 5:05 PM

Beatrix eventually pulled her head back and took a small step back, her head lowered and looking downward ing shame. "I'm sorry Tilden, I don't know what came over me..." She was beginning to sound like she kissed him or something and she shook her head viciously, her ears laying back with a slight whine.

"We should look around for a while." Styx said simply, he was going to find this darned hunter if it was the last thing he would do, he did not see a dead albie, he did not see his family brerak down and cry, he did not see, one of his closest family's kills mangled on the floor, its stomach slit and in a pool of its own blood, he did NOT bury a albie, he did NOT come to this shrine, just to  leave empty handed. He would get this hunter, if it was the last thing he did. His eyes glazed with frustration, turning away from them, his tails were twitching angrily as he headed to the heart of the hall.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 07/27/2008 1:09 PM

"It's okay," Tilden muttered, not entirely sure what to do next. Instead of lingering in an awkward silence he turned to the others to see what was going on. Look around.
"Which way, then?" He asked, pawing the floor and shrugging his shoulders in a light-hearted way. If nothing else he could at least try to lift the mood of this little group. He knew they had their reasons for being unhappy but it was beginning to weigh quite heavily on him now. He let his tail wave loosely behind him and glanced around.
"Which way have you already been, anyway?" He inquired, twitching an ear absentmindedly.

OoC:// Sorry that 1) I haven't posted in the last few days, I've been away and 2) that these last couple of posts are so dreadful. I am trying and hopefully it'll only get better from here as, my character settles in and has more to do. :P
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Shadow » 07/29/2008 10:24 AM

[center]Akemi heard the question asked by Tilden, and decided to answer it herself. "Well, we went to the Halls of the Lost, obviously the main entrance, and now here," she said. Her phrasing had been awkward, the order in which she had said the places that they had been. Had she forgotten something? She didn't think so, and hoped that she hadn't. She thenrealized that they had found the Albie after they had come from the Halls of the Lost, and they had gone directly into the Halls of the Lost from the main entrance to the Shrine.

Elenion nodded to Akemi; she had been correct. He had caught a slight uncertanty in her, but it had been extinguished when Elenion had confirmed that she had been correct.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/30/2008 7:26 AM

Beatrix stuck by Tilden as if it was her job, and Styx sneered, rolling his eyes and began to delve deeper into the tunnel complex. "Come ON!" Styx yelled behind him, Beatrix took a hesitant step forward, expecting the floor to open up and swallow her. "Get a MOVE on Beatrix!" Styx snapped, Beatrix winced at the shout. She didn't feel like Beatrix anymore. She began to take smaller, but stronger steps forward, and she was eventually settling back into her normal proud, long stride. Her head still hung low though, as did her tail.

Ooc: Muh! Block'd

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jenso » 08/10/2008 7:44 AM

Tilden nodded, deciding it was best to just follow the rest of them for now. He hesitated as Beatrix headed off after Styx before lowering his snout and trotting forward after her. He was uncertain whether to feel relieved at having someone to travel with or nervous at being in a situation where he was, effectively, playing follow-the-leader. A gruff sigh through his nose melted the snow directly in front of him and he paused as he watched it fold in on itself. Lifting his crown he brought himself back to the present and continued to follow them.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Shadow » 08/15/2008 10:39 AM

[center]"So, do you want to look around here for a little longer, or...?" Akemi trailed off, the rest of her question obvious: look more here or go look somewhere else. She flicked her ears a few times, allowing sparks to play between them, figeting. Really, she was scaring Elenion without even trying.

"Akemi..." he whined. "Do you have to do that?"

She hid a smile, and almost laughed. She found it quite funny that Elenion was just scared of the electricity that she flicked between her ears; it was perfectly harmless, unless someone decided to touch it. SHe was sure that everybody here was intelligent enough not to touch it.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/23/2008 4:35 PM

Styx instantly tensed, looking about with distress, whining lightly. "Akemi, I have to go." Styx sighed. Then pressing his forehead to hers lightly. "I hope we meet again." He said gently, then turned to Beatrix, whom nodded lightly and then to the rest. "Farewell, my freinds." Then darting from the shrine, into the snow, and heading towards the vast plains. Beatrix gazed around, her ears flicking lightly. Missing Styx, strangley.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer