A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Postby Kyrit » 01/18/2009 6:03 AM

Fast.. why didn't she want to go fast? Fall off? Couldn't she hold on. Sure she couldn't easily dig her nails in to crystal.. but didn't he have enough jagged edges that she'd be able to grip them? Even his mane. That should've been something good to hold on to. Surely it'd be easy enough to get a nice firm grip on. "You... Don't like going fast..?" Kh're asked, his words slowed down a bit and his voice not as chipper as usual although it didn't lose much of it.

"It'd be safer for all of us to walk. With you running about like crazy there's no telling who or what you'd run in to, or if you might make a movement that makes Miss Elindess fall down and get hurt. It'd be quite the fall for her from your back to the floor." Yerenthor tried to explain it as soon as possible, knowing that it'd probably help her out a lot.

Sadly, it didn't seem like Kh're had paid him much attention. Sure, he had been listening and had even heard him. Just would rather hear things from the Teigu instead. It was her that he had offered the ride to after all, not Yere.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: More Then Self Discovery (PRIVATE)

Postby Moofius » 01/18/2009 6:17 AM

Her long (donkey, that's what Isaku had called them once and that had stuck) ears fell a little.  Not in a threatened way, just looking a bit sad.  She hadn't meant to upset him and already she didn't like seeing him sad.  Elindess wanted to see him being happy; this hall was too sad.  If Kh're was sad here aswell Elindess wouldn't... Well she wouldn't know what to do.  She just wanted him happy.  It was obvious that the monks explanation hadn't satisfied the hunter so Elindess added her two cents, as it were.

"I don't not like going fast," that seemed a good start, "I've never really gone faster then my own run.  Which is much slower then yours from what I've seen," explanations were good starts.
"I just don't know if I'd be able to hold on while you're going so so fast.  I might get scared and get myself hurt.  Maybe if we had something that was softer for me to land on, like grass," she smiled, looking and feeling apologetic.
"If we didn't go too fast though, I'd try?  I've never really ridden on anyone before so..."

Why did she feel she needed to explain herself?  Why did she feel so badly to keep him happy?  Maybe it was because she didn't really have many close friends and maybe... maybe Kh're seemed like a good friend.  Elindess would love to have the two of them as friends, she was sure of that.

-Post Recorded Up To This Point-
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/31/2009 3:36 AM

Grass..? But... he couldn't go outside. (Besides there was only snow around Basantha) Didn't she know that Hunters couldn't leave Basantha without bonding to someone? Or... maybe she planned on being the one to take him out of this place? Although she hadn't said such, it seemed to cheer him up that she might possibly be the one.

Perking back up, Kh're flopped down infront of her and gave a nod. "Yeah, yeah! I'll go however fast you want!" Which really meant however 'slow' you want, but he was just excited once again. "If I'm too fast you can just let me know! I don't let you get hurt. Promise!" Well, he certainly hadn't stayed down for long.

"Be careful Kh're... You get her injured and you know you're not going to be able to forgive yourself." Yerenthor sort of knew why the Hunter had cheered up, or rather he more figured that was what was going on. He also meant his words as a warning of 'Better be careful or you could lose your ticket to freedom'.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/31/2009 12:36 PM

With Kh're crouched down it would be no trouble climbing onto the hunters back.  She was very worried about hurting him, though.  Sure his body was crystal but he must be able to feel pain, right?  So she was nervous to hurt him.  Could crystal heal if she did hurt him?  With these thoughts spinning around in her head she very carefully climbed onto the hunters back.

He was sleek and so difficult to actually get herself settled.  But once she found nooks and crannies in the crystal to hold onto she was alright, "I haven't hurt you, right? Or anything? This doesn't hurt, does it?" she asked, her ears down as she stretched her neck out on the right side to try and make eye contact.  One of the many things she wanted to work on.  Usually she got to shy to look somebody directly in the eyes.  But she'd work on it, to make a good impression and all that; to make friends.  She really wanted to keep these two as friends.  They were so nice to her!

And on the bright side of all this she would get to warmth faster.  Well, she would if she didn't fall off.  The claws tightened around the hunter nervously.  She'd be fine, great even.  And going fast would be fun! Yah, positives Elindess, positives.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/06/2009 11:24 PM

While there was no pain for him, her claws did leave tiny little scratch marks on the crystal that made up his body. Nothing serious, no pain. They would probably would go away on their own in no time, seeing as how there wasn't much depth to them at all. Letting out a small chuckle, Kh're shook his head. "Actually, that kinda tickles!"

His body shifted once again, pushing off of the ground. "It'll take a lot more than your claws to hurt me, so don't worry Elindess." Actually, he was more worried about hurting her. He didn't show it with his happy go lucky attitude, but he did worry about causing her pain. Moments later his crystal claws were clacking against the ground as he took off. It wasn't exactly a slow walk, but he wasn't even walking. They were going just a bit faster than they had in the first place.

"Yes.. I believe it would be rather hard for you to harm him physically. Emotionally maybe, but from what I've seen there's not much that gives this brute pain." Yere's mind was thinking of things like how the Hunter would jump from such high places and seem unphased after a rough landing, get swatted at by another Hunter for bothering them too much, along with other such things. "I believe their crystal bodies are quite tough."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/09/2009 5:12 AM

Elindess remained quietly nervous until they were moving. Well... This wasn't terribly fast at all. She could do this no problem! Loosening her grip she sat up, looking around. She still wasn't too big a fan of the "Hall of the Lost" but it was interesting and much different from home. Dark and cold, very un-home.
"Tough, huh? Well I guess that would make sense. You're really different, Kh're- did I say that right?-" she asked, sounding nervous. She didn't want to offend, "And... Not different in a bad way. I guess what I mean by that is the crystal, you know? It's really something I've never seen before," she nodded vigourously with herself, "I mean I'd love to learn more about you, Kh're and the other hunters."

She started to think, think think think. You heard something about Hunters, once, a long way back.
"Aren't hunters..... hunted? I mean, by trainers. Aren't you hard to find? So shouldn't you be out where people are, Kh're?" That sounded like it made sense. Unless... Well Basantha was their home, maybe they didn't want to leave.
"... Do you like it here? Is this homey to you?"
Well she'd learn a lot, straight from the hunters mouth. Maybe more from the monk, he seemed to know a lot.

(( Short. ODO;; Sorry. T^T ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/09/2009 11:09 PM

The Hunter's tail flailed around behind him as Elindess spoke his name. She had remembered it~ And even spoke it right unlike his mistake of calling her Endless. "Yeah! Yeah. You said it right!" he threw out, the tone of his voice giving away how happy he was if his wagging tail hadn't already. How un cat like of him...

It was nice to hear her talking more. Seemed like she had just needed to warm up a tiny bit. Now the little Mint Teigu seemed to be full of opinions on the fact that he was a huge beast made out of crystal and was moving about on his own.

Things seemed to grow quite quiet though as Elindess's question continued on. "I... guess you could say it's kinda homey... I mean, it's been my home since I was a little cub." Seemed like it was time for Yerenthor's words once again so that the Hunter didn't have to explain things.

"You see, Miss Elindess.. There are certain things about Hunters. For a Hunter to leave the halls of Basantha with someone, something must be given up. It can't be just anything though. I've heard it tends to be things like ones sight, memories.. Things that can't easily be gained back. Something that is quite the loss. Still, there are many people that come here to help them, wanting to see them freed. Most.. Well most of the Hunters don't want to see someone lose something important to them though. Kh're.. Well even if he were to agree to go through with such a thing, most people end up being scared by him on accident. If you see a huge crystal beast running at you you're most likely to run, no?"

Kh're gave a nod, his head hanging slightly lower now. "Yeah... I don't want anyone losing something because of me. I'd probably just get on their nerves anyways."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/10/2009 2:06 AM

Elindess listened to the words of the monk, keeping quiet and thoughtful.  She didn't often think out loud really.  She was usually quiet and the above was rare for her.  Maybe she just felt... comfortable.  But now, now she felt ignorant.  She hadn't even know of the hunters predicament!  So she sat quiet and shy on Kh're's back for awhile thinking and thinking.  Poor Kh're. Honestly she would have run away too.  The only thing that had kept her around long enough to make these new friends was the cold of the hall.

The silence extended further as Elindess thought, the quiet click of the crystalline paws on the ground, the shift of the monks robes and their breathing the only sound for a time.
"Well," the sound seemed to be loud after such a pause and Elindess paused, waiting for her ears to adjust, "I mean.  I didn't know, and for that I'm sorry.  And Kh're, it wouldn't matter if somebody gave up something important if that person really cared for you, right?  And that's the only way somebody would give up something so important is if they cared for you.  So I wouldn't feel bad when that happens because if they really cared about you, and didn't help you out of this place then... Then they'd be loosing something really important too, which would be you... Or whatever hunter they met here," the teigu flicked her ears, dipping her head shyly, "Or, well... I guess... That's what I think, anyway."

That sounded awfully stupid to her, or at least very cheesy.  This was why she didn't talk, everything she said sounded either stupid or just plain cheesy.  Like she'd jumped right out of some sappy romantic novel.  She was the heroes or heroines best female friend who gave the advice in one of those dime-a-dozen romance novels.  Something you'd buy because you really just needed something, anything, to read.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/11/2009 10:44 PM

"You really think so? You think someone will really be willing to give something up for me one day?" He seemed to be slightly cheered up by her words, turning his head a bit to the side to look back at her with a hint of a smile. "I hope so. I've heard so much about things outside! Is the sky really blue?" Oh wow. What on earth would be the reasoning behind that question? Behind them Yerenthor could be heard letting out a small chuckle as he shook his head.

"That's what I've been told. Cept at night it turns almost black? Why's that? Oh! And what about stars?" Looked like he was possibly full of ridiculous questions. Maybe he doubted what he was told at times by Yere since it wasn't often that he saw the monk leave the shrine. In fact, he couldn't really exactly remember ever seeing the Sky Serraptor leaving Basantha.

The trio had made it back to the front room only to slip down to another hallway, one that would eventually lead them to a warmer room. These halls seemed to be quite long though. Hopefully this one would be slightly shorter than the other at least.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/12/2009 12:17 AM

She was happy to have made him happy. Even though the hall was cold she felt warm inside. Then he asked her the most ridiculous question.
"The sky? Yes, it is blue," she said, laughing, "And I... Hmm well..." The sky was blue because of the sun. She wasn't too sure on the science reason for it but...
"Well the sun brightens the world. So at night the sun sets and the world becomes dark, so does the sky. And stars are..." she had to think on this one aswell, "Well... I think... If I remember right, I heard they are like the sun but very very far away. They're very tiny looking, and twinkle at night. Like small candles," This comparison she tossed out for Kh're as there were many candles in Basantha so the comparison was a good one.

It was already starting to warm up, just a little. She felt much more herself now, the scarf was very handy indeed.
"Yerenthor, do you leave the shrine often?"
She almost asked him why he haden't bonded to the hunter, but it wasn't easy to give something up. So she held her tongue and asked something else.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/12/2009 5:05 PM

"Ooooh~" Kh're seemed quite interesting as she told him of each of the things he had questioned about. It was amazing that she actually answered them. Most probably would have just given him an odd look like he had just asked the most stupid thing ever. He just hadn't ever seen then, so everything was quite interesting. So stars were like candles... Did they go out as well? He wanted to ask, but it seemed like Elindess had a question for Yere now, so he did his best to keep silent for the time being.

"Not really..." Yerenthor muttered softly. "Even though I am not bound to these halls as the Hunters are, I don't often go outside them. This place has become a home to me, and I do my best to make sure it is taken care of." The thought had come to him many times to bond to Kh're, but he knew that it would still being a life of living in Basantha for him. Unless the Hunter left his bonded, which didn't seem to happen normally.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/17/2009 1:17 AM

It made sense then, that the monk and the hunter hadn't bonded.  Kh're would be technically free, but he'd still be in the shrine.  That was a shame because the two seemed great friends.

"I'm sure... I'm sure you'll find somebody for you, Kh're.  You're very friendly, and nice.  Maybe if you approached people a little more gently? Then eased them into knowing what you're really like? Then they won't be scared and they'll get to know who you are, right?"
The mint teigu wished there was more she could do.

"Ah..." She didn't want to leave Kh're out of the conversation for long.  She liked his voice; it had this power to brighten the otherwise depressing halls, "What do you do for fun in here?"

(( SHORT! ODO;;; Sorry. TT^TT ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/23/2009 11:27 PM

Approached people more gently...? How was he supposed to do that? When he saw new people he just got so excited! He just had to run up and greet them. Some just... tended to take his greetings the wrong way. They usually seemed to think he was out to kill them or something, turning to run away rather quickly.

"Well.. There's actually not much to do around here. It's so boring. That's why I want to see things outside. I'd be content to stay here if it weren't so boring." Three halls and that was it to Basantha. Sure, there were probably those few hidden chambers and what not, but after living there for so long you often got bored of just exploring the same place over and over.

"Well, this is a shrine.." Yerenthor interjected casually. "It's not exactly a place meant for great commotion, although a lot has happened here. Most come to pray or to remember loved ones that are now gone." He had heard much about the odd things that had happened here, but those were in the past.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/25/2009 5:02 PM

How could she help Kh're? It seemed a shame to have him in this Shrine. It really didn't suit him at all.  But then he could make the place better... No, it was a shrine and was meant to not be too exciting. She, personally, felt that these things should be fun. More people would take interest but... Well who was she?
"What kind of people can bond to Hunters?" She suspected you'd have to be pretty amazing to have a hunter bond to you.

Kh're would make a great friend and companion to an explorer.  Weren't explorers fearless? Shouldn't Kh're have found somebody to get him out of here by now? The poor guy. She couldn't imagine living in this place. She wasn't hyper active but she liked to have fun and this place seemed pretty lacking. Kh're must be going crazy!
"I wish I could help..."

-Post Recorded Up To This Point-

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/28/2009 1:58 AM

Her last words were quickly followed by Kh're interjecting, "No you don't." He didn't mean it in the way of 'as if you'd ever want to help the likes of me', but more of a 'that'd be a stupid thing to do.' It probably still wasn't the nicest thing for him to say, but it was just the comment that happened to spill forth from his mouth. He almost, almost the keyword there, regretted saying such afterwards even.

"There is no special requirement as to who can bond to a Hunter." Even though Kh're apparently thought the idea was ridiculous and thus wasn't going to tell Elindess anything about it, Yerenthor didn't seem to have a problem with doing such. "It's more of just if the Hunter is willing to accept that you'll give something up for them. Sort of an agreement between the two. After all, the Hunter can run away and not bond to someone even if they agree to bond." It was quite possible he had a reason for supplying her with all this info.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext