A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: More Then Self Discovery (PRIVATE)

Postby Mojave » 12/04/2009 3:12 PM

Rez'ka and Taita both were taken aback by the extreme cheerfulness of this hunter, though Rez'ka was the first to recover. Beaming and visibly relaxing, she began to return his string of questions with her own. "I'm Rez'ka, nice to meet you? We're just coming here cuz Taita has never been here, did you just get out? Congratulations! Where are you going to go first? What did your partner give up for you?"

She too would have gone on all day, but Taita cleared his throat and stomped a paw to silence the younger female. "Excuse her bluntness, she is easily excited." He was sure the male before him was no different, but he knew enough not to say it. "I am Taita, and as she said, I have never seen Basantha Shrine." He wasn't sure if he was the only Malachite to never see Basantha, and so left his statement there. "It is a pleasure to meet you both." He nodded his head to Elindess, having waited to speak until she had shown herself.

After the introductions, he and Rez'ka were left in an awkward silence, neither knowing how to continue conversations past the introductions. Rez'ka would have continued playing twenty questions with Kh're, but Taita's paw crunching in the snow so forcefully had her nervous to begin the game anew.

((Sorry it took me so long to reply~ D8))
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/06/2009 2:47 AM

Whoa!! There was a Hunter that had never seen Basantha?! How did that work out? Kh're looked from Rez'ka over to the much bigger Hunter, blinking a few times in confusion. Had he somehow stayed back at Craiss back before the Hunters came here...? Well, obviously the Emerald Hunter knew nothing about the Malachite species. Then again, it wasn't like he had been outside of Basantha to find out about them in the first place. Not many people had even known about the Malachite Hunters for very long, so it was easy for him not to know about them.

"Oh! Uhm..." It seemed as though Taita's speaking managed to snap the stunned Hunter back to reality. Hopping through the snow, Kh're pounced his way over to Elindess so he landed behind her, looking back at the other two as he peered around her. "This is Elindess! Don't uhm.. confuse that with Endless. I already did that once! She... can't exactly talk. Well, she can but you won't hear anything. If you're good at reading lips you can figure out what she's saying though. It's.. my fault she can't talk." His eyes looked down at the snow for a moment. The sadness didn't linger, but it had hit him for just a moment. He was pretty sure he would always feel horrible about her giving up her voice for him. He wouldn't keep beating himself up over it, but the guilt would always be in the back of his mind somewhere.

"Anways!" his head snapped back up, smiling as his tail flicked about. "She gave up her voice to free me from Basantha! We won't be leaving tonight though. Yere wanted us to stay the night since he claimed it was getting late. I think we would've been fine leaving tonight, but oh well. Guess he just wants the chance to see me around for a little longer. I don't know where we will be going though. I want to explore the whole world though! I think it'd be fun to go everywhere and see everything!"

Gently as he could, the Emerald Hunter nuzzled his maw against the palm of Elindess's hand. "We'll travel together forever." Well... forever wasn't exactly possible since no one lived forever, but he was pretty sure that he'd never leave her side. Even if her voice was somehow granted back to her or the bond that was placed upon their souls when she lifted the curse was cut, he would stay by her as long as he physically could.

"Oh! So like... Did you manage to escape the curse or something, Taita? I've never heard of a Hunter that had never seen Basantha. Even the Leader supposedly was cursed."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/10/2009 12:15 AM

The human girl swayed nervously, side to side, unsure what to do. She laughed when Kh're mentionned the "Endless" misunderstanding. That felt so long ago now; especially since she couldn't really laugh; not like she use to. Was that really today?
Now she didn't know Kh're very well, having only just met him today, but she noticed his voice become less then excited. Looking down she noticed that he, well, looked sad. If she'd been in his position she wouldn't have been happy either, taking somebodies... something; be it voice, sight, hearing or what have you... It would be upsetting, especially if you cared for the person even a little (or even not at all!). She smiled at him, petting the top of his crystaline head. Huh, so hunters did become cold. Kh're (and his species) was so peculiar; did they have blood? Was it like theirs? How long was their average life span?

When his head snapped back up she'd almost hit him in the face, what with her hand by there. Didn't take long for him to get over it, and for that she was glad. She could be upset and confused for the both of them; she needed Kh're to be cheerful until she adjusted to this strange world. Nothing was different out there, only with her, but that made it so much harder to figure out.
He sounded excited to see, well, everything. He had a lot to see and, as scared as she was and unsure, she would travel with him; Elindess would go anywhere he wanted to go. She'd never had much of a direction in her life and this one sounded... exciting. When he nuzzled her hand Elindess blushed, looking away from the two other hunters and towards her feet. Did he realize what that might sound like? Forever... It sounded like something a boyfriend would say to a girlfriend, maybe? Oh, well, she shouldn't look into it. I mean what were the chances that Kh're even liked her, a lanky awkward, shy, weak teigu; such as herself?

(( Sorry it took so long, and that she's not very... interractive. She's shy. D8> ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Postby Mojave » 02/03/2010 7:58 PM

Both hunters inclined their heads in respectful acknowledgment, "It is nice to meet you, Miss." Taita added, leaving Rez'ka to formulate a better greeting- she refused to do something worse than Taita when she had the opportunity to do better. "Yeah, very nice!" Okay.. so that was a failure... she noted to herself. While Taita had certainly noticed how uneasy Elindess seemed, Rez'ka was the one to speak, "Are you alright? You look nervous." She tilted her head, eying the woman with concern. Taita simply rolled his eyes and turned back to the smaller male Hunter; Rez'ka was still young, no need to nip her for being a bit too forward.

As he listened to Kh're's story, he idly wondered what it must be like to be a prisoner only to be freed by the sacrifice of someone else. This led him to wonder what was worse: dying as a sacrifice or living while sacrificing some aspect of yourself. Weather it be a physical or mental thing, what did it matter when a part of you disappeared forever and you were left to cope? And did doing it voluntarily make it any easier? When Kh're was silent for a moment, Taita smiled and nodded, but kept his tongue still. It wouldn't do any good to remind him that he was young, freshly granted freedom, and in the company of a new (if not his first) friend.

In response to the question, Taita sat down and curled his tail around him neatly, "I do know how, or for that matter, if I really did escape the curse. I know I have lived around Craiss my entire life as has all of my family. However, my kin does not include every malachite hunter in existence, so I have no idea if any of us were bound by a curse. When I met Rez'ka, she told me of the spell and so I wanted to come here. But I must ask, what is it like in there?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/13/2010 4:51 PM

Whoa! So there really were some Hunters that weren't cursed at all. They had managed to stay back at Craiss somehow? He really wanted to go to Craiss some day. He had been told it was on a whole other continent though, so it would probably be a while before he an Elindess managed to make it over there. Might as well get one continent fully explored before going to the other after all. Meant less crossing over the waters that kept them apart.

"Oh!" he perked up again at the question addressed to him, glancing back at the shrine. What was it like? Well, it was sort of a weird question to ask someone that knew nothing but that place. Well, he knew stories of what other placed were like, but Basantha was all that he knew. He spent day after day there, growing up from a tiny little cub to... well, he was still relatively young and acted like a cub, but he had been around a while at least.

"Well, most of the monks don't know how to have fun at all!" he exclaimed, frowning the best he could. "They're always saying 'don't do this', 'stop running around. You're making too much noise', and all kinds of other mean things. I mean. Really, they make it feel like a prison. If you're going to be stuck in some dreary shrine, why not try to liven the place up a bit? The place itself isn't all that bad. I've always had fun exploring, trying to find places that other people have never been to within the shrine. Never had anyone to show them to. Yere would listen to me talk about them, but he was usually too busy to actually go exploring with me."

The whole time he was talking about his adventures to discover places within the shine his tail, or rather almost his whole back end, was wiggling back and forth slightly. He was obviously easily excited just thinking about any sort of exploring.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/13/2010 6:15 PM

Still looking nervous and shy Elindess waved her hand dismissively with a small smile; no no, she was fine no need to worry. Her lips moved soundlessly as she tried to explain she was fine, no need to worry. Would she ever get use to being mute? A soundless sigh; this was the first day she’d... figure it all out eventually.
The other two seemed interested in seeing Basantha and as much as she found that one hall rather terrifying she, too, would like to see Basantha shrine; at least some of the main areas. She hadn’t come up here to bond to a hunter, she had hoped to find a purpose or direction in life. The bonding seemed to have offered that, in it’s own way, but she didn’t think she’d be returning to the shrine any time soon. Not with the plans of adventure and exploration Kh’re had.

He seemed really excited just talking about adventure and she wondered if that would ever wear off; Elindess hoped not. As scared and unsure as the teigu was she would need Kh’re to be excited and wanting to explore or else she would rather not. She’d never been very adventurous; this trip to Basantha was very out of character for her.
Half way through trying to verbally formulate a question she was re-re-re-reminded that she couldn’t speak anymore. Her like would be a continuous game of charades!
Arms crossed thoughtfully she tried to figure out the best way to act out her idea... And came up with a total blank.
“...” She pointed to each member of the group, trying to portray an “all of us” then used her middle and pointer fingers to create the walking motion, then pointed to the shrine. They could all go back to the shrine and spend the night, right?
Elindess frowned and shrugged; she was less than confident in her charade skills.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 07/30/2010 1:28 AM

(Sorry it took me so long to reply~ You two should have kept going without me. |<)

Taita smiled inwardly at Kh're's description, happy and without negativity. He imagined that it must be lonely, fraught with terror from the Mekkayenas, and awfully boring when nobody was visiting. He idly wondered what he would be like if he was less of a 'grouch' as Rez'ka called him; but he was rather set in his ways and there were more important things to worry about than the 'what if's' of life. For the moment, he was content to dwell on the happier things if that's what Kh're wanted to talk about.

"I can't really say anything against them, Rez'ka will tell you I'm a lot like them." He said it smiling and in a manner that suggested he was teasing the younger female, but his eyes revealed that there was truth in the words; provided one knew how to read expressions. "But even I like a little revelry every now and then."

Rez'ka, who had been paying attention to Elindess, snorted at this and cast Taita a skeptical look, "Not that I've ever noticed." And promptly turned back to the female Teigu in time to see the charades. She had only looked away when Elindess paused to think and had looked down. She tilted her head and her brow furrowed, shrugging her shoulders to express confusion herself. "I don't understand, I'm sorry." Her expression instantly turned to unease, afraid that she would be called a simpleton as the understood the request was simple and she should have been able to understand it.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/29/2010 2:01 PM

'Rev...el...ry?' For a few moments the young Hunter stood there in complete silence for once, mind trying to grasp the word revelry and figure out what it meant. Yere had often said a word or two that he didn't understand either. One could say that he hadn't gotten the chance to have a grand schooling to widen his vocabulary, so some words simply went over his head from time to time.

Completely within his own thoughts, Kh're hadn't noticed the gesture that his new companion had made. He suddenly came back to as Rez'ka told her that she was unable to understand though. "OH! Oh. Right. You must be so cold! Haha... Sorry Elindess. I forgot that it was possible for you to get too cold. We should go ahead and go back inside. And then I can show you guys around!" If he had seen the gesture he would have only gotten the part about going back inside anyways, though he had already figured they'd be staying the night and heading out in the morning.

"Come on guys! Follow me!" he exclaimed as he started bounding back toward the shrine with his heavy crystal body constantly falling down in to deep snow only to bounce right back up seconds later.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/19/2011 3:11 AM

(( Sorry this took so long...? xD;;;; ))

Elindess gave the newcomer a smile, waving one hand dismissively. Her charades ability wasn't great, she would try to communicate but didn't expect to be very good so soon after becoming dependent on this form of communication. Maybe she could get a pad of paper and pencil from Yere when they were inside.

The same gesture was made towards Kh're, not wanting to make him feel too poorly. He'd never been outside the shrine in his whole life. She could easily handle some time outdoors in the cold for him. Besides, it was beautiful out here. Kh're then lead the way back to the shrine, Elindess giving the two new comers another look before following after Kh're. The hunters strides through the snow were long and, maybe not graceful; energetic would fit right in there. Everything about Kh're seemed to have an explosion of energy behind her.
Elindess, on the other hand, waded awkwardly after the hunter, lifting her knees high. It did little to help her get through the snow quickly.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous