A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Trying to find a Hunter...[ABANDONED XP]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/07/2007 8:32 AM

ImageImage
ImageImage

A prismatic Penticorn galloped towards Basantha Shrine, three other pets following behind. A 15 year old girl with brown hair was on the Penticorn's back, riding him. "Almost there." she breathed into his ear, and he galloped faster. Two Rollabys were rolling as fast as they could, and a Void Tali was running right beside them. When they finally reached the Shrine, the girl got off of the Penticorn. "Good job, Arco." she breathed. She held out a carrot, and Arco picked it up, his lips gently tickling her palm. The Void Tali, Apocalypse, pulled on her pant leg. "Why are we here?" he asked moodily. Rena smiled and patted his head. "Well, I figured that you guys are thinking too much about the war, so, I planned this trip to look for a Hunter."
The Void Tali sighed. Just then, the two Rollabys rolled up. The Biolume one jumped right into Rena's arms, the Venom one close behind, laughing. Rena laughed. "Okay, since we're looking for Hunters, we have to be quiet." she told them, and the Rollabys sighed. "Okay." Lunes said, and Sakorai nodded. "Okay, let's go." she turned to go, and said as they headed in, "You too, Lypse." she called to Apocalypse, who was trying to blend with the shadows so he wouldn't have to help.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/08/2007 7:48 PM

For the past few days, I had been pondering over Kelica's story.

I'd been distant, ruminating over it all throughout my stay in Jawan. Even telling my version of it to the families and their children, gathered around the stage, hadn't helped me. Mostly, it was Basantha that captivated me. I had never been around or near the great shrine. I knew little of it--only what my companion that day had told me, and the stories spoken of by my ranching parents, of the great Hunter-lions that roamed its outskirts and inskirts, crystaline, its entire body twinkling like a field of snow.

"And we're doing... what, here, exactly?" Krii inquired, clinging sharply to the feathers at the nape of Skycutter's neck.

"Sightseeing, mostly," I replied. "I'd kinda like to chat it up with some of the monks--if, you know, they haven't taken a vow of silence."

Sky cawed something. I think she was trying to make a vocalization. I've noticed her doing that lately. I don't think she's fully learned how to control her vocal chords yet, so it may be a while before she speaks in earnest, but it was a good effort.

"Just so long as we don't see any Hunters," Krii shuddered. "Those things give me the creeps."

"Oh, you're such a pessimist. Buck up. I'd kinda like to see one. It'd be a story to tell."

"Story schmory! I don't know about you, but my goal for this little vacation is to come home alive."

[Posts: 31 (both)]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/09/2007 6:33 PM

Rena turned, hearing voices. She noticed a person with pets coming towards the shirne. "Hey!" she called, waving her hand. She ran over to the small group, Arcobalenco follwing close. The Rollabies and Apocolypse stayed where they were. "I'm Rena," she said, holding out her hand. "We're looking for Hunters." she said.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/09/2007 7:54 PM

"Nice!" I replied. "Me and my companions--" I indicated Skycutter and Krii. Krii made a huffy little sound. "--were just talking about those. I'd really like to see one. May we join you?"

Krii tried to act subtle, but I saw the yellow tufts on the side of his face stand on end. "They're not going to eat you," I tried to reassure him.

[32]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/10/2007 7:18 PM

Rena smiled bigger. "Sure! It would be nice to have more company. This is Arco." she said, motioning to her favorite Penticorn. "He's probably the most gentle Penticorn you'll ever meet. That is, unless you have some in your Pen." she said. The Rollabies, now interested in these new friends, walked up, dragging Apocalypse up. "Come ON, Apocalypse," Sakorai moaned, "you're being rude!" They finally had him over next to Rena. She smiled at them. She patted Apocalypse, who growled, but didn't look at her. "This little grump is Apocalypse. But you can call him Lypse." she said. The two Rollabies hopped up into her arms. "And this is the dynamic duo. They hate to be split up. I'm just glad they're different breeds, or I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. This is Sakorai," she lifted up the Venom Rollaby a bit so he was noticed, "and this is Lunes, which means Monday in Spanish. Actually, she picked out her name herself, while I was doing Spanish homework." she said, beaming. Lunes showed her pearly whites. "My first word." she said proudly.

Rena put them down and looked the other girl up and down. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your names. And you are?" she asked.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/10/2007 7:55 PM

You know me well enough by now to guess how I reacted when she brought out Apocalypse.

I beat a steady retreat, rushing back several feet and shielding myself behind Sky. My words slurred together in my hurried breath. "UmmmaybeyourerightKriiweprobablyshouldntdothiswellprobablygethurt!"

Krii rolled his eyes. "Oh brother. Not this again." He regarded Rena. "I'm Krii. My fine feathered friend is Skycutter, or Sky, and Madame Panic Attack is Jimmy. Yes, that's what we call her."

He dismounted Sky and wove around her legs, climbing mine untill he found a safe spot to stare at me from my shoulder. "Jim, you're making an idiot of yourself. Stop."

"No," I laconically replied. "I'm not going to start any new ventures with him along."

"Didn't we learn our lesson back in Jawan, missy?"

"He was a writer. He was DIFFERENT."

"YOU'RE different."

"I don't care. You're right, this was a bad idea. Let's go home. I'm not willing to put my life in jeopardy for something this stupid."

We were, of course, completely oblvious to the five strangers who could quite clearly hear everything we were snarling at one another. I may not be subtle, but I never notice myself when I'm not.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/11/2007 5:44 PM

Rena stared at her. "Is something... wrong?" she asked. Arco was getting to be a bit impaitient, he wanted to see Hunters like Rena had promised. Apocalypse sighed. He wasn't as absentminded as Rena could be. "I'm pretty sure she's afraid of me." he said, his ears going back. "I knew it was a bad idea coming here. Can I go home?" he asked. Rena shook her head. "No! It couldn't be that. And you're not going home. If it is that," she whispered to him, "then I'll find a way to convince her otherwise. She seems super friendly." Rena said hopefully. Though she could tell, she was deftly scared of one of them.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/11/2007 11:39 PM

I found myself a lovely broken column to sulk behind while Krii decided to play my embassy. He approached Rena and her motely crew and began to calmly explain my idosyncracies.

"Jimmy has... issues with dogs. Don't ask me about it; she was like this when I bought her." He pointed a twiggy thumb back at me. "She thinks they're bad luck. Kinda like the whole 'black cat' things, only more psycho. She managed to put up just fine with a Lucian of this gal we met back in Jawan, but he was a writer, like her, so that probably helped. Clearly, however, I can see she has remained a troglodyte and--"

"Oh, look who's talking, lower primate!" Yes, I admit, it was a pretty awful insult.

Skycutter cawed something. Another stillborn vocalization. Krii put an ear to it, analyzing her voice. I never did get a handle on speaking "Pet," but Krii seemed to turn his face inward.

"Huh. You know what, Feathers, that ain't a bad idea."

Krii spun to face me. "Wings here recommends that while you're at Basantha, you do a little prayer of you own as to why you're such a dog panic-er."

"More like you say," I countered. "Sky's never said anything before."

"Sure she has. I've just never translated before."

I huffed. Clouds came out of my nose. Slowly, I extracted myself from behind the pillar. I looked the Void Tali in the face--or tried too--but kept getting distracted by the wind fluttering the edges of his peacock-feathered wings.

"Uhh... Sorry about that."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/12/2007 4:26 PM

Apocalypse looked a bit hurt. "It's okay. Most people just avoid me because I'm a Void Tali. And I do love to make stories, but Rena has to write them down. I can't, I don't have an antro form like Sakorai." he said, and glared with jealousy at the Venom Rollaby. The Rollaby smiled. "Yes, but I don't like to be an anthro. It's not much fun. Not like my quad form is!" he laughed. Rena smiled. "Yes, he rarely becomes a human. Only when necessary.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/12/2007 4:51 PM

"Pffft. If you ask me, humanity is overrated." I gave Krii a swift, but soft, warning kick in the side. It was really more of a scoop; he rolled over to the side.

"Void is cool," I said. "It doesn't bother me." I was, of course, addressing Rena, even though my not-very-polite soul knew I should have been looking Apocalpyse in the eyes when I said that.

I stuck my foot into a drift of snow. The thin ice crust crunched. "I suppose I'll take my pal's suggestion. Whichever one of them REALLY gave it." I glared at Krii. "I once heard Hunters are drawn to scenes of spirituality, anyway... thought that could be just an urban legend."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/12/2007 7:11 PM

Rena pondered this. "Hmm... do you know any ceremonies for the Shrine?" she asked. Lypse seemed a little less sad, and the Rollabies were rolling about around her ankles. Arco nudged her again. "Well, it's a bit cold. Let's go inside." she said. She started to walk towards the shrine, one hand on Arco, Lypse walking beside her, and the Rollabies following quietly.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/13/2007 2:23 AM

I clutched my coat around my body. Krii pattered and Sky strode along with me, following us inside.

As we crossed the threshold, I thought to answer Rena's question. "As it happens, I don't. I know almost nothing of Basantha. That was why I came here--to get a good look at things and figure out what everything is like down here."

[36]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/13/2007 1:39 PM

Rena smiled. "Same here. And to find a Hunter. I heard that they were fiercely loyal, and couldn't leave without a someone else. I want it to help watch my little cousin, Kairi. She's always going off, and with a Hunter, I know she'll be safe." she said. She was so determined. Kairi could be hurt. But, then again, she didn't know about Kairi's Peace Keeper Dragon, Razor Winds. But if she felt more comfortable knowing that a Hunter was protecting her, then so be it. "I would trust one of the other pets, but they are still very young and untrained." she said. Arco nudged her again. "Arco- oh, well, Arcobalenco is trained, I've had him since I was a little girl. And Marie's Rootstripe, but they like to be with us." she said. "Kairi isn't all that fond of them either. She thinks they're too old." Arco snorted loudly. The Rollabies giggled, rolling around his hooves. "Hehe, yeah, Arco, you're older than us!" Sakorai said loudly. Lunes looked at him. "Well, you're older than me!" she said teasingly, and rolled around him. Lypse just sighed. "Stop it, you two." he said in a bored manner. They stopped immeadiatley. None of the pets at First Snow Plains Zoo- not even Arco or Rootstripe- disobeyed Apocalypse. He was sort of like a leader to them. Marie and Rena marveled at this for some time, but they got used to it quickly. It still amazed Rena that Apocalypse could command authority over them. Even the Felloxes and Hollowhearts, which quickly obeyed his wims.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 10/13/2007 5:02 PM

"Heh! I grew up on a farm, so I've always been surrounded by animals." I reached back to give Sky a scratch on her neck. My fingers moved down the side of her shoulder, itching into that certain spot behind her wings that made her coo like a Mr. Wilson. "Sky here, I got her for my... sixteenth birthday? Seventeenth? Well, it was a while ago, anyway. My dad knew I wasn't cut out for farm life, so he got me into Garudor riding as soon as he could, and for one of my birthdays--the one he knew I was old enough to go around on my own--he got me Skycutter. She was still too little to ride then, so I had to train her as a mount myself. It was hard, but I thank him for that."

Krii scattered himself around my feet. I indicated him. "As for Krii, heck, I don't remember where he came from. I probably brought him home when I was little and said, 'Can I keep him?' I vaguely recall that he wasn't alway around, but as to when I found him? How? Couldn't say."

I considered what Rena had told me about the hunters. "I didn't know they couldn't leave. Makes sense though, I suppose, since you never see Hunters without people... I bet my parents would like a Hunter to protect their farm..."

[37]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/13/2007 5:15 PM

{{8 for all... forgot to do this! XD}}

"Maybe." Rena breathed. As they walked through the entrance, a wave of warmth crashed over her, and for that she was thankful. Arco's hooves clacked as they hit the shiny floor, and it was just loud enough to cover the monks' chants. Rena could see them, their brown robes shifting under them as they walked slowly. Lypse was keeping Sakorai and Lunes out of trouble, and Arco kept pace with Rena, his head almost touching her shoulder.

"Wow." she whispered, looking around the Shrine. It was so pretty.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items