A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: EGG HUNT{Group 2!}[P]

Postby EternalEbony » 05/09/2009 12:06 PM

Ebony felt the egg wiggle a bit in her hands, but then it came to a stop. It felt warm, even for something that'd been spending time around candles- still, she knew that even if it had any way of making its own warmth, she had to keep it somewhere safe. She was wearing a somewhat light jacket to keep the cold away, but she was pretty sure the egg could just barely fit in a pocket. She tried it- good, that worked for now. The warmth and safety of the spot would be good for now. Currently, she had to continue the search. It was hardly likely that she'd find another egg, but she might as well keep on looking, just in case. The green eggs, after all, were said to be constantly moving around, so maybe she could locate one without moving around much. Of course, she still had one more hallway to go down. Maybe it would be the sort of place you'd expect eggs to hurry to. Maybe not. Either way, she would attempt it.

Twisting and winding back down the hall, she was glad that Perun remained by her side, for now, at least. She still wasn't sure if he trusted her enough not to just run off if he really felt like it. After all, he was still rather disobedient when he didn't feel like listening. Not very bright, not very prone to obedience. Still, she hoped that with their time together, things might change. Or at least he might stop running off on those occasional moments, like he had earlier. He was troublesome, indeed- just now he'd almost caused disaster with the candles- but she still enjoyed the presence of the young Sahound nonetheless. Aha, here they were. Ebony saw a bit of light again, and they were back in the main room, where there was seemingly little place to hide anything such as an egg. Maybe she'd look through the large space again, but not until she finished with this next hallway.

As she walked down the last tunnel, she noticed that Perun once more seemed obedient enough to at least not run away- for now, at least. Still, this walk was almost... boring. She was still on the lookout for more eggs, her first find snuggled safely in a pocket, but she found nothing. It was just a straight hallway, only illuminated by the faint static glow of her companion. She was starting to get tired out from all this walking, and her ankle still hurt from the painful stretching needed in order to get to the first of the eggs. But she wouldn't stop now. She could at least wait until she got to the next room, right? Wherever that room might be. She wondered if this was some kind of trick, if she was actually going in circles or something, but there was no sign of the place where she'd entered the hall, so she supposed that was a no. Perun occasionally voiced a complaint, mostly just that his paws hurt or some other basic sentence.

Then, suddenly, they were in a room. Ebony had seen no glow of light to suggest the hall was about to end- one minute, it was the narrow confines of the tunnel, the next it was this. Here, there were no candles. Didn't look like there were any people, either. Good. That meant that if anything was hidden here, nobody would've found it unless they'd come before her and left, which, with the length of the walk just to get here, wasn't too big of a chance. The room was large- she couldn't even see some of the far walls, although perhaps that was just the darkness. Stone pillars held up the ceiling, and she could imagine someone nestling a little egg behind one of them. But most living things liked warmth, and she noticed a bit of a chill here- it was colder than the rest of the shrine, though thankfully not as icy as outside. So the energetic green eggs probably wouldn't be here. Other eggs, though, couldn't really move much, so maybe they'd be found.

Ebony had been glancing over the room from the doorway for a few moments when she realized that Perun's sky blue static wasn't the only thing providing slight illumination for the room. There was another pale blue beam that seemed to be coming from the ceiling. She looked up, curious. Perun, meanwhile, had found a random grey pebble and poked at it curiously. Ebony, at first, couldn't see the source of the light. Eventually, she noticed a minute little hole- so, this place was illuminated by the outside. Maybe that was how the cold air was getting in, though she didn't see how very much cold or warmth at all would be able to make its way in through there. Looking closer into the beam of blue, she noticed snow falling through- so, the weather still hadn't cleared up outside. As she looked at the hole, she felt uneasy- there was something about this place that unnerved her, but she just didn't have any clue as to what.

Still looking at the hole, she saw out of the corner of her eye Perun stepping forward, then a splash, and an alarmed bark as he stepped back. She looked down at once. Water? She followed the snow down to its landing. There was some kind of dent in the floor, a little bowl. It was warm enough in here for the icy flakes to melt, and that was exactly what they were doing. Then, she noticed that the bowl was connected to another circular dent around it. Which was connected to another. And another. An interesting little pattern, but what on earth was it for? Perun would have to be wary here, too- crackling with sparks, he probably should stay away from the water. Still tracing the pattern with her eyes, Ebony saw one of the rings suddenly head into a straight time- the miniature snowmelt river headed down there. She followed it for only a bit, and found herself next to a wall. There appeared to be a door in the wall, but... on closer inspection, it seemed just a carving. And there was a symbol on it... that looked almost familiar.

Okay. So, time to search around the pillars, Ebony supposed. But... she was tired. She didn't feel like it. Perun. The wet stuff is bad. It will hurt. She said, turning the idea into a statement rather than a command in hopes of making him listen. Water, after all, conducted electricity very well, and Ebony had no clue where the snowmelt went after it passed the door, so... safety first. Sighing, she sat down against the wall, eyes half closed. Unzipping her pocket, she removed the egg, holding it in her hands, taking a good look at it. When it hatched, she was eager to see what it became. For now, she held it in her arms and rested her head on her knees. Before she could finish searching, she wanted to take a good rest, let herself recover from all that walking she'd had to do earlier. So maybe this ominous area wasn't the best place for a nap, but too bad. She just hoped Perun didn't end up running into any trouble.
EternalEbony
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/20/2009 8:20 PM

Yuck. Even though the shell, the egg didn't like the dusty little corner it was in. It could feel the spiders crawling all over it's shell, creating their webs. It wriggled, trying to shake them off. Their presences suddenly left his detection- oh, he must have squashed them. He had to admit, he was rather heavy. But suddenly he could feel another presence- a tiny little creature. He listened, and heard something... mechanical?

Hmm. Interesting.

(Not sure how clear this is- Celtic, all yours. :D))
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 05/20/2009 8:54 PM

The khalmer eventually gave up when she didn't even acknowledge him in the tiniest bit. Maybe she hadn't heard him, but that was unlikely. Yet, he had spoken quietly, but wouldn't she have felt the tap? Oh bother, it was no use crying over spilt milk. Fin picked up his tentacles to go find Man.

He went through the main hall, not looking at anyone directly and down yet another hallway. This one led him to a room of pillars of stone. In the instant he saw them, Fin stopped dead in his tracks. They... they were so forbidding, yet strangely facinating... How could that be? The khalmer nervously inched around the room, giving the strange pillars a wide berth.

There! Something pink-ish glinted among the grime! No matter how he hated the color pink, and how much he wanted to get out of there, Fin was curious and went to go look. The closer he got, the more firm his belief that it was an egg became. This miserable scrap of pink and yellow was definately an egg, but should he just take it? Maybe he should call over Manassas to come take a look. Yes, that was what he would do, call Man.

"Man? MAAAAAN! MANASSAS KORILIS GET OVER HERE!" He pretty much screamed. Fin owuld definately be suprised if he didn't hear.

Which, Man did, and at the use of his last name, came running. Fin only used his full name in a severe emergency! Which ultimately meant, either he was banged up, or had swallowed his pride ot get help in a tricky situation.

As Man ran to Fin, he stopped and gasped. Not because of teh Pillars, but of the egg right in front of him. "Holy Zu'hai..." Man gaped, stepping forward as if it was a treue god/ goddess. Slowly, he got to the Egg and gently petted it. The surface was smooth, not to be dented, and Man directed Fin with the utmost care. "Fin, gently take two, no wait, Three tentacles of yours and pick it up in a cradle. CAREFUL! Don't scratch him!" Man couldn't watch, he couldn't, Fin would drop it or or or... Calm down Man, its gonna be fine the eggs not gonna get hurt!

[7-M][6-F]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/22/2009 3:51 PM

The egg could feel the cool metal of the Khalmar coming through the shell and wiggled. It felt good. But after a while, he stopped- wiggling so much was tiring him out. He sat still, and if he was out of his shell, the others would've seen him smiling.

((Awww. :)))
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 06/10/2009 2:57 AM

((Totally forgot this DX Sorry!))

Man grinned as the egg started moving. It was so cute, and if it hatched now oh that would be the greatest! But, it stopped wiggling its little self showing that it was only happy ,not going to hatch. But the small langerine had hopped onto one of Fin's tentacles and was cooing over the little egg ever so softly to keep it entertained.

Fin of course just rolled his eyes lovingly at Man. Maybe this thing wasn't so bad, but it also meant that they would take on another to their little group. He highly doubted the fact that man would let it go. so instead, he headed for the main hallway with the two safely secure in his many tentacles.

[8-M][7-F]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199