A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

EGG HUNT{Group 2!}[P]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/18/2009 1:14 PM

Molly played with her flattened homberg, the spikes protruding from the edges just sharpened. She was so bored. When I finally get my hands on Malizian... she thought to herself, scowling. He had told her that something was in it for her if she just helped a group of ragtag pets find some stupid eggs. She rolled her eyes, watching her homberg fly into the air again, the spikes flashing in the sunlight. She was freezing too, though she supposed it wasn't smart to lean against the cold rock on the cold ground in the cold morning at Basantha Shrine.

Getting up, she stretched. As the flattened homberg came back down, she jumped up and caught it in her paw. Slapping it back on her head, it regained it's shape. She adjusted the clip at her throat and pulled her topcoat close to her body. Her orange fur was fluffed out, making her look poufy. She waved her wand, and in the air a pocket of warmer air formed around her. She floated about inside her warm bubble, waiting for the arrivals.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: EGG HUNT{Group 2!}[P]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/18/2009 2:04 PM

A small brown figure could be seen a little ways off, trekking in the snow.  A small squeak sounded as it was rolled over by a strong gust of the wintry winds, sending small puffs of snow up into the wind.  It was one of the participants, I suppose you could call them.  

"Zayn!" it whined loudly over the whistling wind, "Remind me again what exactly we're doing back here?"  She struggled back onto her feet with a small bunch of snow gathered on top of her head.

Another, much larger, brown figure approached her from behind.  He looked to be a much bigger, and much fiercer replica of the small Kodile.  He smiled warmly at his tiny companion.  "Helping search for eggs, remember?" he spoke calmly.  No surprise.  He felt right at home and most comfortable in the snow.  He much preferred the cold of these mountains compared to some of the places they could have been sent to.  "You can hitch a ride on my back if you like."  He lowered himself to the ground enough for her to climb on.

Niomi smiled and took his offer graciously.  The amount of snow piled up was nearly as tall as she was!  She quickly snuggled herself in between his wings and 'hmm'ed with joy.  Then, simultaneously, they spotted the one they were meeting up with - a Meji.  

"Look, Zayn, look!  Is that her?" Niomi chimed in a sing-like voice.  "Yes." he answered simply.  They made their way towards her, leaving a deep trench of a trail in the snow behind them.

{9} {21}

{{Not the best entrance, but I hope it'll do o3o; }}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/18/2009 3:41 PM

It wasn't uncommon to see a pet shivering in such a cold environment, but while the icy weather was nearly unbearable, Iota was shivering for a completely different reason. Her paws skipped lightly across the snow, barely making an indentation as she plowed on. By all rights, she should have been freezing-her normally thick Malamute pelt had shed most of its layers due to her living in a warm climate. However, she didn't seem affected, and the cold certainly wasn't dousing her enthusiasm. Her tails wagged wildly as she walked, giving away her excitement.

If she was entirely honest, Iota wasn't sure in which direction she should be heading. At the moment she was skipping aimlessly, humming some random theme song to herself. Suddenly her eyes glinted brightly as she spotted something in the snow. She could see a couple of clawed pawprints, followed closely by a deep trench in the snow. There was about a 50/50 chance that these prints belonged to one of the creatures she was supposed to meet up with. Deciding to take her chances, Iota resumed skipping and began to dart after the prints happily

{Posts: 1/5, 10}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 04/18/2009 4:44 PM

Rowic shivered, looking about. His kind weren't designed for the cold. His thin fur did little to block the cold. He shrugged the scarf thrown around his neck up a little higher. The thick wool was good at keeping his neck warm, but not much else. He wished he had thicker fur, or a coat. With a sigh, he fluffed his fur out a little more and trudged on. Lunasa had said this was going to be at the Dead Coast, someplace he could deal with. But the cold of Basantha? No, he would not do that. It had taken a great deal of wheedling on Lunasa's part and the fact that he had promised to got him out here. The snow had formed a thin crust, crunching under his paws. He noticed a deep trail in the snow. Probably from one of the pets he was going to be hunting with. He blundered into it, glad to not have to break his own trail. He shook some of the snow of his fur, then continued on. The Shrine had to be close, and they might go inside. The thought of being warm perked him up.

R:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/18/2009 7:12 PM

Molly was about to go back towards the Shrine when she saw brown smudges against the snow that was drifting up ahead of her. One was bigger than the other, but they were about the same color. She drifted towards them, her warm bubble of air melting the snow that skimmed past under her feet.

"Hello? Are you here for an egg hunt? I hope so, because I'm getting lonely." she stated, breaking her bubble and dropping to the ground, her shiny little shoes clicking against the stone that lay exposed beneath her.

"And you're here for...?" she asked, pulling out a sheet of paper from under her coat. Her ears wiggled underneath her homberg.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby EternalEbony » 04/18/2009 8:59 PM

Ebony walked across the snow, trying to avoid the cold- here she was, ready for the egg hunt. Sure, the weather wasn't too great, but she wanted to find herself an egg, after all. So, naturally, she'd brought one of her creature companions, Perun- he wasn't too bright, but maybe he could help her out. She just hoped nobody would try to touch the electrically-charged Sahound, for it was obviously something that he didn't like, from what she'd seen before. Oh well, too bad- she, honestly, wanted one of those eggs, and that was that. She didn't want to be near people either, but she almost felt as if she didn't have any choice if she wanted one of the rare pets said to be available. Apparently, the eggs were being given away, so... she was going to try her best to find one.

As she walked across the snow, she saw someone drifting about, and blinked a bit. I think it's her. Let's go. This'll be fun. She thought as obviously as she could, knowing that her Sahound, with his thought-speech, would probably be able to pick it up in an instant. Indeed, it did, and soon they were headed towards the figure, who seemed to be talking to some others. Perun was full of energy, and rather quick despite his frustrating lack of intelligence, and so Ebony calmly jogged to keep up with him- soon, they were there.

Ebony had never been much of a person for formalities, and that was not going to change now. "We're here for egg hunting." She said simply, not bothering to introduce herself. That sort of stuff was never what she seemed to focus on very much.

(My muse. It is dead. *kicks it, tries to revive it* Sorry for the bad post.)
EternalEbony
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/18/2009 9:27 PM

{{Is there a posting order already set up?  Or is that going to be arranged when Celtic posts?  If not, I suppose it's okay to post around and meet everyone...yes?  o3o;  Just smack me if I'm doing something bad xD}}

"Oh, yes yes!  Here for the egg hunt is us!~" Niomi singed in her cheery little voice.  Zayn nodded silently in agreement with her.

Zayn cocked his head in confusion at her next words.  "And you're here for...?" ...  Was that a question directed at them?  Was she asking for a name?  He blinked blankly before speaking.

"If you mean who sent us, then that would be Sky.  Sky Miharu to be exact." he said un-surely.  He hoped that was what she had asked for.  The way she'd worded it confused him.  It seemed he was like that more and more these days...getting slower putting words together.  It was a mystery.  

Niomi caught sight of others approaching.  She hopped excitedly and pointed towards them.  "Oh, oh!  I think there's more people coming!" she laughed happily.

{10 = level 3} {22}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/19/2009 6:14 AM

{Same as Sky, sorry if I'm posting out of turn}

The snow seemed to get slightly deeper as the Lucain strolled on, and soon her paws and her tail tips were covered with white. She didn't bother to shake it off, focusing entirely on tracing the tracks in front of her. Soon she could see the creature who had made the trench. Standing a few feet in front of her was a Tundragoon, a magnificent creature who did a good job of blending in to the frosty surroundings.

It wasn't until she bounded closer that she spotted the small Kodile. She thought the sight of the two together was incredibly cute, although she didn't say it out loud. She was trying her hardest to not speak as much, although the chances of that happening were very slim.

"Hi!" She called out brightly, coming to a halt when she was close enough. She grinned friendlily at everyone, forgetting the age old advice about strangers. She guessed that the Meji was probably in charge, due to her official look and the fact she was holding a sheet of paper. Another shiver ran down Iota's spine, though this time it was because she was cold. She began to move her front paws around, trotting on the spot to try and warm up.

"I'm Iota by the way." She chattered. She couldn't wait to start hunting! It sounded like it was going be a lot of fun, no matter what the weather

{Posts: 2/5, 11}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/19/2009 11:48 AM

((Posting orders will be set up when Celtic posts, yes. :) ))

The Meji nodded. "Sky, huh?" She looked at her list: in alphabetical order, she had written down Celtic, Ebony, Kabuto, Luna, and Sky. She crossed out the last name with her wand, which apparently functioned both as a magical tool and a pen!

Then Ebony came up with a charged Sahound. "Ah, hello... and are you... Celtic, Ebony, Kabuto or Luna?" she asked, listing the names still left on her list.

As she waited for an answer, she noticed a green-ish Lucain hop up. "Oh, hello Iota, I'm Molly, for all of you." she said, turning and stating it to the rest of the company. "Who are you here for?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Lunasa » 04/19/2009 1:31 PM

A puff of snow settled over Rowic's head as he stumbled. He snorted, a cloud of steam rising from his nostrils. Before him, a blur of color could be seen. Green, brown, and orange. Must be the people he was hunting with. With a surge of strength, he bounded over to them. A shiver ran along his spine, creeping down his legs. He detested the cold. Hello, I'm Rowic. I'm here for Lunasa. He dipped his head respecfully, then looked at the people he was with. A Kodile and Tundragoon, both perfectly suited to the cold. Envy briefly flashed through his head. No, that would not do. Father had raised him to be an honorable person. He looked at the other Lucain. She looked like she was enjoying the cold. He huffed quietly, carefully wrapping his scarf tirghter around his neck. The bright, multicolored wool stood out against his light tan fur.

R:2
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/19/2009 6:56 PM

Finally! Someone who came prepared. "Ah yes, I see the name here." she said, crossing out Luna on the paper. She wondered what that smudge next to the a was for. She shrugged mentally. Now she knew. "Now, since I know that the person named Celtic will be late..." she turned to the other two. "Ebony or Sky?" asked Molly, peering at the two under her homberg.

She shivered. Ugh, the cold again. Last time she had been out, it had been nice and warm and she had met a pretty little Ballama. But she hadn't the chance to snag one yet. She sighed, and made the warm bubble around herself again. She didn't dare try to expand it- there would be no point, as she was unable to and to do so would probably kill her. Maybe when she leveled to her full potential. Maybe then she could do so. But for now, it wasn't possible.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Celtic » 04/19/2009 8:10 PM

((Sorry sorry sorry! I had some RL issues getting on))

The grumpy khalmer reluctantly made his way out of the forest and into the shrine. He was fairly new to the lands, and his metal was, in his opinion, very very girlie! Pink.. PINK! Finckilton grumbled as he stopped to wait for his ever present friend, Manassas. The little green fellow was always optomistic and forever annoying, but Finckilton strangely adored his best friend.

I told you Man, Silvah. The pink is barely noticable! Silvah, silvah, silvah! Manassas repeated over and over and shook his head in disdain for his opposite, but instantly broke out a smile as he saw a group of people just ahead of them. Look Man! There is da group!

My name is Fin Man! Fin! Not 'Man' that be you dude! But Man's little surfer attitude always made him smile. Hey, why don't you just go sign us in and I'll stay here, cool?

Yeah right M-Fin. You're goin' ovah there wit meh! (ooc: yes, wit that's how he says it) Man demanded, and taking a tentacle in his teeth, Man attempted to drag Fin over there.

Yeah... How's that workin for ya? But, alright I'l go over there but if ANYONE laughs at me, you're on your own! Fin grunted and he slowly walked over to the Meji who seemed to be in charge. Hello. I am here on Celtic's behalf, and I am Finckilton and this here is Manassas.
{1.1 -B}

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/20/2009 6:50 AM

"Me? Oh, I'm here for Kabuto." Having identified herself, Iota began to gaze curiously at the group of pets. She could see a cool-looking Sahound accompanied by a person, in addition to the previous pets she had noted. She could also spy another Lucain. He was kinda cute, but he looked bothered by the cold.

She shifted her paws once more, looking admirably at Molly as she created a sort of bubble. She had heard about Meji's magic abilities, but never seen a trick performed before. It seemed like it would be a useful ability of have, to be able to create bubbles around yourself. Iota had a brief little daydream about floating around in a giant bubble, before she was brought back down to Earth.

"So," The Lucain began to address the pets who had already spoken to Molly, attempting to begin a conversation, "What's everyone's names?" She already knew that the Lucain was called Rowic, and of course the Meji was Molly. She tilted her head, preparing to note down the other pets' names

{Posts: 3/5, 12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 04/20/2009 8:48 PM

Alright! More answers. Molly smiled and crossed out Kabuto and Celtic. "Good, good. I'm glad you've all come. I'm going to assume you're Ebony?" said Molly, looking at the girl with the Sahound. Not waiting for an answer, she waved her wand and then tapped it against her shoe- the air bubble dissappeared, along with her list. Instead five little papers drifted to certain beings- one to each pet or person that was here representing. If more than one was in a group, the leader of the group got the paper.

"Alright! If you see the list, there's a few eggs that I've learned from Snowy that are missing. Snowy also informed me that while Malizian thinks that he needs to return them, Snowy was going to give them away anyways. So- there's Eggs 2, 4 and 6 on the list, but I may be wrong. And there may be more than just three eggs, I don't know. Malizian's too much of a scatterbrain- doesn't realize that... oh." she said, stopping. She realized that she was rambling on.

Blushing, she turned away and flicked her wand to her left side, then tapped the brim of her homberg. Everyone now had a small beeper looking device on their hip. "These work like messaging devices- just so I can record what eggs you get. Or if you get yourself into trouble. The Shrine isn't the safest place, what with the chances of running into a Mekkayena or Hunter- if you're in trouble, just send me a message with only an asterisk. I'll try to use my magic to do something for you, though I can't guarantee anything- my magic doesn't get that far, and I'm still not that strong." she said with a shrug.

"Well, I suppose you should be off. Go on, get! Those eggs won't find themselves." she said, and with a nod, she poofed out of sight. She would relax inside the Shrine where a small candlelight relaxing kind of room was set up. It had a clean floor, and she figured meditating would help restore her magic and let her store some into the soles of her shoes- her father had made them capable of doing so, and she was excited by it and wanted to try it out.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/21/2009 5:16 PM

Zayn turned towards the female Lucain and flashed a friendly smile.  "I'm Zayn." he said with a nod.  Then Niomi began to bounce excitedly.  "Hi!  I'm Niomi!  Nice to meet you!~" she chirped in her sing-song voice.  

Before they could say anything more, Molly had begun to give orders.  They stood quietly and listened, jumping a little as the small beeper devices suddenly appeared on their hips.  "Whoa!" Niomi whispered to herself.  She fiddled a little bit with the device before leaving it be.

Soon, Molly had vanished, leaving the hunters to the hunt.  Niomi, who had come into possession of one of the paper slips, looked it over quickly and looked at Zayn blankly.  "Now what?" she questioned.

"Well, what does it say?"  Zayn chuckled.

"Um..." she bit her bottom lip.  Truth was...she couldn't read it.  Why?  Because she couldn't read.  But she'd never admit it to Zayn.

{11} {23}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next