A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Brother Salo...

Postby Echo Von Diem » 05/15/2009 11:21 PM

The year-long expedition was for no one but herself in that she needed to figure out these aspects of her life. What was she even destined to do at this point was the haunting question. But this was not the time to think of the future, but to fill in the gaps of her past.
Echo Von Diem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 218
Donate

Re: Brother Salo...

Postby Echo Von Diem » 05/15/2009 11:30 PM

The light but constant snow continued to float through the air, it's presence impeding her vision. The icey winds had little to no effect when the trek to the shrine began, but conditions hadn't bettered, not even a tad. This didn't even matter now, for looking up the rocky incline, she could see the shadow of the structure, looming over the edge. Like an old memory, the mere sight of it slowed her down to a near hault so she could only think of what she was about to do, and ponder why Salo had "summoned" her.

Image Saffron Yonyuu
Echo Von Diem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo Von Diem » 05/15/2009 11:35 PM

Not long had it taken to reach the top, yet the time seemed too slow. She only paused at the shrines' entrance before letting herslef in the great stone doors. Inside, amongst the pillars, many monks paced the floors, some chatting, some silent. Her eyes scanned the place, seeking the familiar face, and meeting many strange glances.
"I knew you'd come to see me one day..." Her eyes widened and spun around to find Salo, her half brother.
Echo Von Diem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo Von Diem » 05/15/2009 11:46 PM

It had been many many years since they had last talked, which pleased rather than disappointed Echo. Salo had recieved much of their fathers' ignorance and sarcasm, but perhaps she would've been the same if she had lived with him as he had. She couldn't blame his harsh actions solely on him, but she couldn't excuse them either.
Salo and Echo had little in common physically as well as interest wise. Salo was a tall, skinny man with evenly colored skin being very light. His hair always seemed messy, a dark blonde color, and at about shoulder length. His eyes, two different colors, were piercing and the rest of his features seemed "pointy" one might say. Echo was shorter than he with long brown hair, usually kept up or fixed in some way. Her eyes were a comforting brown and all features but her ears and nose seemed a bit soft. She was her mother's child, and he his father's.
"Hello Salo," Echo was monotone in her greeting, showing little expression towards him.
Echo Von Diem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo Von Diem » 05/15/2009 11:53 PM

"Now is that any way to treat your brother?" He continued in his deceivingly playful ways. Echo found no humor in him. "I'd expect a little more emotion from you," he spoke again with that wonderfully fake smile stuck on his face
"I'm not here for small talk," Echo spoke in a serious tone. For her, it was about getting in and getting out, whether he was getting better or not was something she didn't desire to chance. His grin became even wider, almost wiley in its size, but it quickly disappeared. Salo turned his back to her and gazed out an opening in the walls, looking out over the cliffs of ice and snow. He huffed, and Echo could tell he was serious.
Echo Von Diem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo Von Diem » 05/16/2009 12:08 AM

"I found it," he said in a quiet voice. Echo's eyes grew wide, for she knew what he spoke of. Not too long ago, their father, a powerful man lets just say, had seemed to drift out of existence. However he left behind an emblem that could lead the carrier to him, thats what people said anyway. This left echo hope of finding the man that nearly killed her, and returning the favor to him.
Salo turned to her slowly and reached into his robe pocket, pulling out the red emblem. He approached her, but her eyes remained fixed on the jewel as it shined in the little light present. He took her hand and let her have it in her grip.
"I'm not like him, you know. I may have lived with him, but that doesn't mean I desired to..." Salo was very seldom serious, so Echo knew this was dear. "Maybe these years in this place have really helped him" she thought. She alowed her eyes to meet his for an instant.
"...thank you", was all she could manage out.
"You'd be doing us both a favor", he tried to smile in that joking way, but couldn't seem to. "Oh, and before you go...", Salo went into one of the many halls, returning with a small, but thick bag. echo opened it carefully and glanced inside to see the small Saffron Yonyuu asleep inside. She looked at him with some confusion.
"Don't ask how I got it or where, I just thought you'd like it is all..." She again glanced down at the small ball of fluff inside the pouch, now a gift to her. Now wasn't a time for questions about when and where anyway. She had do get started on her next journey, her new companion with her.
Echo Von Diem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate