A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

'Elegant Ghost of Fe'gan Mountains.' Riiight. [P] Mekka Hunt

Postby Wyndhail » 05/17/2009 10:01 PM

Arron

The sky was the hazy gray of mountain daylight, a sharp frozen breeze dancing briskly across the snow-covered slopes. There was no birdsong like in the forests of Roraldi, only silence. And, then, the crunching of snow under pawpads. A Slynx, though the fearsome predators typically made no noise. That was, after all, the namesake of their titles as ghosts. This was an odd one, then. A Plush Slynx, no less, with a rather slender and thin build typical of elegant felines. As a matter of fact, he sort of looked like a girl. Arron was far from elegant and far from female (not far from feminine), however, stopping occasionally to kick the snow off of the back of his paws and legs. Or, perhaps, he would glance sharply around with his bright blue eyes. There was clearly fear within. But what should such a feline fear in their own domain, being of a species that was renowned for their poise and--
The Slynx stumbled over a rock embedded in the crystalline, twinkling snow, nearly tripping and instead staggering awkwardly to keep his already-flawed balance. Poise, indeed. It would have been embarassing, if it were not for the fact that he was completely alone. Or, at least, that was how it looked. To him, he was never truly alone. Anyone could be anywhere, and it was his responsibility to not die because he didn't realize that.
A thick, fluff-covered and rose-colored ear occasionally twitched to pick up noises, though there were none to be picked up except for the noise he created and the whistling of the cold mountain winds. Then he halted, looking quietly ahead of him. Unintentionally, he had approached Basantha Shrine. Something about it unnerved him, even though it was a shrine to the Holy Triumvirate. But it was not like he did not find fear in things that were supposed to be peaceful. Perhaps it was the fact that there were supposedly creatures within that could quite possibly devour him. Mekkayenas, for example. The Hunters were supposedly noble, but even they would terrify him if the two met. Perhaps it was- and this was even more likely- the fact that, well, Arron was a complete chicken. Or, more appropriately, a scaredy-Slynx.
Silence prevailed, however, and Arron stood quiet and alone (or that was how it appeared) alongside the stone stairs.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Re: 'Elegant Ghost of Fe'gan Mountains.' Riiight. [P] Mekka Hunt

Postby Celtic » 05/18/2009 1:48 PM

A soft pawstep crunched into the snow, instantly ruining the perfected silence of his new surroundings. Then another, and another, until Tyrune couldn't remember the silence that he was afraid to break. No, he was just on a trek to a shrine, home of the dreaded Mekkayenna. Yet, he walked with dignity and with strange happiness. Ty wasn't truely afraid of this myth that surrounded the Basantha Shrine and he loved the cold air and how his breath turned to glittering frost. The only thing that hindered him was his current companion-less state. He hated to be alone, even on such a pretty day like today, where serenity and peace filled the air.

That is, Tyrune was alone until he spotted a Plush colored feline. He wasn't very well educated when it came to the creatures of the land so Ty had absolutely no idea why he hadn't heard such a large creature. Then, without a second thought, Tyrune bounded using every inch of muscle to the Slynx. This, of course, completely ruined what serenity was near him.

When he arrived, Ty was panting slightly, but he had a silly grin on his face due to the adrenaline of dashing through the snow. "Hello there! I was just wondering if you would mind if I joined you on a stroll through the Basantha shrine?" Ty blurted, instantly disgusted at his own manners.

[1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/18/2009 4:32 PM

Arron had, quite honestly, not been expecting that. He heard the footsteps as they neared and had immediately undertaken a tense defense (rhyme!) position. He had also not expected to be very quickly dashed at, and with a yelp sprung awkwardly backwards. Sure, the Kuhna was small and obviously didn't mean him any harm. But spiders were small, and terrifying! And, of course, Arron couldn't tell if anyone ever meant him any harm. His back paws then hit a small patch of ice, quickly enough to push them backwards and causing the Slynx to fall- all limbs stretched out oddly- in the snow.
He quickly pulled himself back up, azure eyes widened dramatically. The Plush Slynx swayed awkwardly for a few moments once he got to his paws, stepping back hurriedly. He didn't appear to see anything wrong with a Slynx being utterly terrified by a Kuhna, and did not seem to realize the fact that it would usually be the other way around.
"... Ah... Oh, dear..." He seemed to be out of breath.
"H-hello... That was... You surprised me..."
Obviously. Not to mention the fact that he was still surprised. And frightened.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/18/2009 9:13 PM

Tyrune blinked at the scene. He wasn't expecting that! But, Ty was to kind to let his suprise show on his face, and instead changed his serene smile to his gentle warm one he used with kits. The Common kuhna plunked down in the snow making a small crunch noise before he spoek though, "It's quite alright, I shouldn't have snuck up on you." Ty was lost for words after that. Grown people were definately a lot harder to talk to then tiny kits! Oh, what in the world would he say to even slightly calm the feline's nerves?

So, he kindly tilted his head slightly and tried again, "Now, let me re-introduce myself. I'm Tyrune, and I was wondering if you would care ot join me in a stroll through the Shrine?" Again, Ty switched in another smile, this time just a small abashed one accompanied with a light blush on his furry white cheeks.

[2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/18/2009 9:50 PM

Arron sat down somewhat slowly, looking rather irrationally wary for no apparent reason other than the fact that he was, well, Arron. He shook himself free of snow quickly, not wildly enough to send it flying at Ty, and pricked his thick curved ears at the inquiry about venturing into the shrine. He turned his head to look at it, looming large and dark out of the shimmering snow like a calm, silent behemoth of stone. It disturbed him, for whatever reason. He turned his head back to the Kuhna.

"I-In... In there?" The Slynx shivered slightly at the thought of going in there, though it was partially due to the fact that some of the snow he'd fallen into had seeped through his rose-colored fur and to his skin. He paused, then realized he hadn't introduced himself.

"Oh... Sorry... My n-name is Arron. Nice to, err, meet you." The Plush Slynx had come to the conclusion that the Kuhna was not going to viciously maul him or harm him in whichever way, but he was still terribly nervous. But, perhaps, he could be coaxed into venturing inside the Shrine. For the moment, however, he was terrified at the thought of the darkness and Mekkayenas and Zu'hai knows what else.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/19/2009 8:32 PM

And that left Tyrune to figure out how in the worl dto reply to such a frightened animal. But, Ty was good with words and most often the longest he took was a tiny moment to figure out how to talk to something, maybe that was why he did well with most kids. "Nice to meet you Arron! That is how its pronounced right, Air-ron? Or is it Are-ron? So sorry, I'm not very good at name pronounciations..." Ty had decided that it would be best to get Arron comfortable in his prescence before re-approaching the whole Basantha Shrine concept.

The twin colored tails though, had other ideas. They started to swish around in the snow, wanting to get up and explore as if they had minds of their own! Ty attempted to get them to stop, oh but they just wouldn't! Maybe, if he was lucky, Arron wouldn't notice...

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/19/2009 9:59 PM

"... Uh, yeah... It's 'Air-ron.' Sorry that I-- Ahh!" It was at this point, of course, that the Slynx nearly screamed once one of Ty's two tails got close to him. It wasn't really a scream, more of a surprised shout or yell or something along those lines, but whatever it was it was accompanied by Arron springing backwards like a 7-year-old confronted with a snake. However, it was not a snake, it was a fluffy feline. For another, the 7-year-olds didn't usually slip in the same patch of ice that they slipped in about five minutes ago. He landed with all four limbs spread out again, this time looking far more embarassed than terrified out of his wits.
He did not get up this time, and instead looked up at Tyrune with those large, puppy-ish blue eyes of his. "Err, sorry, um... Tyrune." Arron forced an awkward smile, and then began to realize that he was quite cold at the moment. Of course, standing up is difficult when you're standing in ice. He pushed himself up slowly with his paws, claws out, but they scrabbled rapidly on the ice. The Slynx nearly fell more than one time, but managed to get onto solid land and snow.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/20/2009 6:34 PM

((Okay, this post is gonna fail a little bit since I feel a bit.. Ty-muse deprived D8 Sorry~))

Crap. Arron had seen his idiotic tails, that was bad considering how jumpy the LSynx was, but Ty was able to deal with it. He could deal with screaming two year olds for goodness sakes, if he couldn't handle himself now, his entire life was a joke. Then he spotted something he could work off of after Arron managed to get to his feet correctly underneath him. Goosebumps, chilliness.

"Would you rather we go indoors? Its much warmer in there." Ty proposed, feeling a bit chilled himself.

[4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/21/2009 5:30 PM

( No problem. XD )

Arron hesitated momentarily, glancing at the Shrine nearby and shivering a bit. But the last thing he wanted was to fall all over the ice again or freeze... or both. He gulped and nodded, soon afterward thinking that was a very bad mistake. The Mekkayenas... and darkness... and Hunters... and, well, whatever else was hiding in there.
"Um... okay," Arron mumbled, head lowered down as was his typical posture. His fluffy, thick ears were pinned back slightly against either side of his skull. He knew Tyrune was cold, Kuhnas weren't built for a mountainous habitat as were Slynx. And as much as he did not want to be eaten by a Mekkayena or be in darkness, he didn't want someone as nice as Tyrune was to be freezing out here. However, there was no way that Arron was going to go in first. Miracles only went so far, after all, and he waited for Tyrune to make the move to go into Basantha Shrine. And he'd probably have to do that fast, because the Plush Slynx was becoming increasingly convinced that he was going to be ripped to pink, furry shreds if he stepped inside there.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/26/2009 1:40 PM

Ty smiled at the nervous Slynx and flicked his tail encouragingly as he started off closer to the ominous shrine. Of course he would venture in first as it was natural for Tyrune to assume the role of a 'father' figure in this situation and as any 'father' would do, he would demonstrate that there was nothing to be afraid of. Besides, Tyrune didn't believe in the Mekkayenas or Hunters to him, they were just myths.

Eventually they reached teh shrine. Ty had to admit though, it was a bit intimidating and scary up close and personal, but he refused to falter in his decision. One paw dropped closer to the door, another brought him even closer. Then... he was indoors, and it was warmer! Ty shook his snow and wind blown fur, feeling the new found warmth seep into his skin.

Y'see Arron? Its not so hard and besides, it extremely warm in here! Ty flashed a smile encouraginly, sitting down to wait patiently for Arron to come in.

[5]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/27/2009 6:25 PM

Arron hesitated yet again to follow him, but he had said 'okay.' Sighing and giving a slight shudder, the Plush Slynx slunk in after the Kuhna. If Tyrune did not believe in 'myths' such as the Hunters and Mekkayenas, Arron certainly did, and it was quite evident. And even if he did not, there was still the issue of intimidating darkness and whatever else was within aforementioned darkness. Still, he made his way inside, growing increasingly unnerved as he neared Basantha Shrine but pressing quickly onward despite that fact.

It was quite warm- that was the up side- but he still could not see everything that was there. And if anything was certain, it was that Arron did not like that one bit. He immediately jumped behind Tyrune after shaking off the snow that clung to his pink leg fur, sinking down as close to the floor as he could and glancing around rapidly. He'd said he'd come in, but there was no guarantee that he was not going to be totally petrified once he got there. What a sad case.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/02/2009 3:13 PM

Ty allowed himself one single inward sigh, Arron was going to need some serious therapy to get over his fear of everything. "Arron?" Ty turned to face Arron slowly, to not spook him further. "Nothing here is going to eat you or severely maim you. But if anything were to come, I am here for you, okay?" Okay. Maybe Ty didn't say that in the best of phrases. But hopefully it would help, and not just freak him out more. Oh great. He probably just should've kept his mouth shut. Firmly shut.

[6]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 06/03/2009 4:29 PM

Arron frowned as best as a fluffy pink mountain feline can, but drew himself carefully and hesitantly to his full height. Part of him, the sane part that typically hid in the recesses of his somewhat dysfunctional mind, questioned why in the world a large mountain cat was so frightened and looking to a Kuhna for protection. But the other part of his mind, which was considerably larger, said that today was the day that he was going to be eaten and that he'd better stay as close to Ty as physically possible. Still, the Slynx had to question Tyrune's 'nothing is going to hurt you' mental state.

"How do you know that?"

Still, Arron made an attempt to look respectful, which consisted of attempting to flatten out the fur on his neck and smoothing his chest fur out with a paw. It didn't work very well, but he managed to look somewhat less unkempt and frizzy than he had before.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/05/2009 12:35 PM

Wow. Arron was waaay bigger standing tall to Tyrune and he looked just a wee bit intimidating. But, Ty knew better then that and still thought of Arron as a frightened kit (in a non-demeaning way). And really, how did he know that?

"I just do. People rarely ever run into harmful things in here! Its simply a place of prayer, an abandoned place of prayer, but one still. Hunters and Mekkayena's I doubt would come out just for two cats." He was harsher then usually but he felt that that was the only way to get it across Arron's mind without taking forever to explain.

[7]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items