A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Of Gods and Treasure [P, Fallen_Snow and I]

Postby Owl » 05/24/2009 12:57 PM

Darkness.
It was thick and sickening, like being wrapped in sheets and sheets of old bandages. It even smelt of sickness and pus. She could hear movement, rustling, in the distance, the clink of machinery. She waited like an actor waits for a play to begin, with intense excitement and nervousness as the shadows twisted on the stage.  
And then, the show began.
A spotlight shined directly onto her face, a sneer and a gasp all in one. Clickclickclick, and a few more lights flicked onto a line of severe soldiers of the Imperial side, their eyes dark and their guns at the ready. On the other side were men, women, children, all a bustle and weeping profusely as they backed up against a stone wall. Although their faces were blurs, she knew that these people were her friends, family, everyone she once loved. She knew all too well what happened next.
She raised her paws, and the guns rose. She let her paw drop, and a million screams rang through the night.

Moe let out sorrowful yowl, twisting out of her bed between two large statues of long-forgotten gods and onto the cold floor beneath. Her heartbeat was like hammer striking stone as she boosted herself up on her front paws, looking around in shock.
It was only a dream.
A mere dream.
She slumped back down onto the rock, giving herself a chance to calm down, to think properly. Once her heart had time to normalize itself, Moe rose up and trotted back to her nest. Digging through her small, muddy (She could no longer tell whether it was originally brown or just very travel-worn...) backpack, she brought out a silver pocket-watch. Flicking it open, the hands pointed wearily to nine and ten.
“Almost nine...Time to get moving,” she said to herself, closing up her bag and giving one last scan of the small shrine to make sure nothing was left. Deeming the place as clean as she found it, she leaped off and started down a tunnel glowing with dull lights. This path was once open to the public, but after a tragedy with a Hunter it was long since closed off and forgotten. The old gods were clearly pleased with this, as the air was not as dark and murky you'd expect a cavern to be. Gods did like the offerings the visitors left sometimes, but they were ancient and tired and just wanted peace and quiet to rest.
Moe gave a small bow to the two relics before bounding off into the near-darkness, her burlap tightly strapped to her back.
“Since, I mean, this whole place is a shrine, one of these places must hold a god that can help me, yeah? Do you happen to know of any particularly helpful gods?” she asked the walls and the sleeping battis above, but only received a dull echo and a tired screech in reply. “Guess I'll just have to find out for myself, right? Thought so.”

[1]
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Re: Of Gods and Treasure [P, Fallen_Snow and I]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/24/2009 3:10 PM

"Duck- tell me more about this place."
"Well, Basantha Shrine is estimated to be built about 500 years or so ago, though from my studies they may be much older than that. I've found many a clue-"
"Duck."
"Er, sorry boss."
Static could be heard as the unusual tag team approached the large marble building. A small Sparquill leaped and bounced towards it, while a bright blue Lucain followed behind. "You said this place had treasure." Speck's skeptical tone made Ducky flinch. He hated when Speck got skeptical. Turning, he stopped Speck short, staring him down. "Look, I'm good, alright? I haven't shorted out in two days. I'm fine. And I'm sure. Hunters live here."
"Hunters?"
"They look sort of like Leebras, but fiercer and are made entirely of jewels. There are four types- Quartz, Sapphire, Emerald and Onyx. They're very hard to find, but are revered throughout the Lands. There's an interesting story behind them- that you probably don't want to hear, right?" asked Kunduktev, looking back at his partner. Speck smiled slightly, making Ducky laugh. Whenever Speck smiled he looked uncomfortable- it was the most hilarious thing you could see in your life. Speck, expecting said reaction(this happened all the time. He didn't understand why.), rolled his eyes. "Every time, eh Ducky?"

Proceeding into the Shrine, the two tried not to make noise. Monks were just waking up, and two came over and blessed the both of them. Giving a curt nod to both, Speck continued on, his partner(and best friend) leaping around his feet.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Owl » 05/25/2009 12:22 PM

Moe continued to walk through the tunnel, making one-sided conversations to the stones and the bats. She didn't notice the walls receding and the path ahead growing lighter, for all she could think about was the after, when she could fix her mistakes and hopefully start living a peacefuller life...
Then, the path dropped into a cliff, down into the main cavern. Moe slipped with a gasp and feared the worse, Oh god oh god I'm going to die, but the drop was not a tall as she thought and she slid quickly down the rocky incline, sending an array of stones after her and making a rather large racket. After she was brought to a stop as the cliff leveled out into a floor, she looked around with wide, startled eyes.
The lady in her, embarrassed, hoped dearly no one saw that.
The young kid in her screamed for another ride.

Her pale yellow eyes caught two figures walking into the main cavern, which was almost empty aside from a few monks already deep in prayer. One looked canine, possibly Lucain, and almost blended in with the dark walls of the shrine. The other, small and prickly, sent sparks up around it.
Huh...They don't look like hunters, but they don't look like just mere tourists...Treasure hunters perhaps?

[2]
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/25/2009 12:52 PM

"What was that?"

Ducky's head twisted back and forth, trying to find the source of the racket Mover had caused. Finally finding it was a little ways away to his right, he hit Speck, who didn't seem to have noticed- his eyes were focused on something in the far distance. Ducky tried to ignore the fact that he just saw a glint of sapphire.

"Speck! Yo!" he called up to the Lucain, letting off a small electric shock at him.

"Argh!" Speck yelped, pulling his paw away from his dangerous partner. "What?" he growled, bringing his face down to the Sparquill's and trying to make himself look menacing. He was pulling it off pretty well, but Ducky was too used to Speck. "Yeah... um, you might wanna look over there? Looks like someone dropped in." he said with a laugh, a smirk sliding over his lips.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Owl » 05/28/2009 5:21 PM

Oh deary me...Looks like they saw me...
Shaking the last few pebbles clinging to her pelt, Moe got up and tried to make herself look a little more dignified. A wide, but embarrassed, smile covered her face and she chuckled uncomfortably.
"Uh, yeah, hey there, er, Explorers! Nothing to see here, I'm perfectly fine, just a little slip, so, uh, yeah. Nothing broken or nothing..."
A rock about the size of a fist rolled down the mountain and struck the ground by her paw, sending her in a spitting flurry.
"Holymotherofpearlswhatwasthat?!" Moe spun around with her fur fluffed out to it's fullest. "Oh, a rock. Uh, yeah, knew that." Great, now they probably think I'm a lunatic... "Perfectly fine. Yeah, so, continue on, or something. Yeah."
Why must I be such a klutz?!

[3]
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 05/28/2009 8:51 PM

Speck nodded at Moe when she said that she was fine. "Good." Looking down at Ducky with that look he hated, the Sparquill looked away, beginning to walk away from the scene. "Hey, the little lady said she was okay. You wanna-"

"Holymotherofpearlswhatwasthat?!" hissed Moe, making Ducky stop and jump and Speck blink. "Erm... you sure you're okay, lady?" asked Ducky, his brow creasing over one eye, the question reflected on his face just as much as it was in his tone. Speck watched her for a few more minutes, then said, "She's fine." and turned to leave.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Owl » 05/30/2009 1:05 PM

Oh, good, they're leaving.
Moe was about to count this as a blessing, if it wasn't for the sudden growling from deeper within the caves that made her skin crawl. I mean, she was a mere cat; what was she supposed to do if some terrifying beast attacked her? Weakly batter it with her puny paws? She certainly couldn't run away unless she wanted to die an undignified coward, since she was known for her extreme clumsiness. Perhaps...She should pair up with someone stronger...
"Oh, um, maybe I'm not alright...My paw, I think I twisted it..." she said, waving her apparently 'injured' paw experimentally and winced. "Er, can you kind folks, um, kindly, er, perhaps make sure I don't get eaten in my current state...?" she called as she limped towards them. "Er, I can make it worth your while. I've been in these caves for a while, so I know where all the best spots for Hunters, or sight-seeing, or treasure--Whatever you're here for, really."

[4]
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 06/05/2009 5:01 PM

((Snow has given me permission to control her characters while she is away, just so the mods know.))

Speck and Ducky gave each other a look; one quizzical, the other annoyed.
"We don't have time to cart her around, Ducky."
"But, she looks like she needs our help and it's not like we have anything to lose, right, boss?"
Speck gave a sigh and looked back at Moe. She flashed them a sad, woeful glance as she hobbled around.
"Fine. As long as she doesn't get in the way."
Ducky nodded and called, "Hey, lady! Alright, you tell us where the treasure is, and we'll make sure no Hunters get to ya, okay?"

Moe gave a quick smirk. Well, that was easy! She limped over rather fast for a girl with a hurt paw and said, "Thank you so much!" Now the hard part of guessing where the gems are... “Er, the best place to start is...Thataway!” she pointed with her paw down a dark tunnel, narrow and relatively unused by tourists. The two nodded, Speck looking to Ducky for confirmation.
“Looks like no one's been down it much, so it's not all picked over; might as well try it.”
With that, the trio began their way deeper into the shrines.

[5]

((God that failed. My muse is dead right now. >>;; ))
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/17/2009 9:29 PM

((Well, I guess it's good I came back. :D))

Speck let Ducky take the lead, as the static that came off the small Sparquill's body lit the way down the dank and dark hall. He tried to ignore the fact that they were now with another pet- and he didn't like that she was a Myuu Reaper. The one he knew of was as annoying as heck, and he hoped to the gods that she was different from the crazy, possessive Scratch who 'belonged' to the equally crazy and self-absorbed Candid. Shaking away the thoughts, he squinted down the hall, trying to see if he could spot a glint or shimmer in the enveloping night that was the hallway.

Meanwhile, Ducky decided to see if he could strike up a conversation. "So, what goes on with you, ah... I'm sorry, did we get your name?" he asked, watching her. "And if you need help with that paw, I think I may have brought some bandages and I'm sure there's some sticks around here or maybe one of my quills could work as a splint."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Owl » 06/18/2009 7:49 PM

Moe trotted behind Ducky and ahead of Speck, trying to keep up the fake limp while she led them to god knows where. She could tell that the lucain wasn't at all very happy about having another creature trailing them around; it was all in his walk. Her golden eyes traced the outlines of what she could see in the darkness; even though she was a cat, she had less than grand night vision.
"Um, what? Oh, yeah, my name--It's Moe, pleasure to meet you," she took a look at the dangerously long spikes sticking out of Ducky, electricity running out of every one of them. "Um, n-no thanks, I don't need a splint, I'll do just fine without."
Statues were etched out in the walls, their blank, nose-less faces worn by time. They held their broken hands out, in offering, perhaps showing newcomers how to appease the gods above. Moe knew so few people who even knew the names of the gods--then again, neither did she. "I'm here to find a god, and I'm guessing you're here for treasure, er--What're names, by the way?"

[6]
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/19/2009 7:17 PM

Speck lifted an eyebrow as she said that she was here to find a god- not totally odd, as they were in a Shrine, but if she knew where treasure was, then why was she looking for some thing to pray to? If she was smart like them she would take the treasure and run. Suddenly her question of names tore him from his thoughts. "Speck Metlon." he said casually, keeping his eyes focused ahead.

"And I am Kunduktev, or Ducky for short." said the Sparquill, shaking his quills. Little sparks flew off, but they didn't get far- they stayed mostly near him and barely flew off. He attracted electricity like a magnet. "Ooh, sorry if I shocked you." he said, turning sharply to look at Moe to make sure she wasn't burnt or shocked or something- he felt bad for her. Here she was, in a holy place hoping to contact a heavenly power and she ends up hurting herself in the process. She should sue or something. He thought to himself.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items