A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Adding to the collection. [Private // Mekka hunt]

Postby Carlie » 06/03/2009 11:20 PM

As Garnet walked even farther, she realized that there didn't appear to be anyone in a nearby room. Might as well explore. She though. She walked into the room, using her tail for light. It was rather nice to have a flametail. Not only could she use it to defend herself but also to see in dark places. The light from the flames made another figure, slightly larger than herself, slightly visible. She moved her tail forward, eyes scanning the shadows.

"Well hello there." Her voice sounded rather confident, also a bit flirtatious. She stepped a bit closer and studied the paragon in front of her. He appeared to be both larger and stronger than her. Fighting him definitely did not seem very smart; she would try to stay on his good side.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 2:13 PM

Hm, he was a rather handsome one. She could probably use this to her advantage. Maybe he knew his way around here better than she did. Maybe if she helped him find whatever he had lost, she could...find something of her own. Even if he didn't have a great knowledge of this place, having someone that appeared as strong as he did would help. If any trouble did arise, she could use the help. Not only that, but he was apparently poisonous. She glanced to his tail. He said he was harmless but she imagined that wasn't completely true. "I suppose you're right, I'd be glad to help you." If she had seen the grin, she might have been a bit more reluctant. She still probably would have went along with it, though. Sometimes she was too brave (or reckless?) for her own good.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 3:35 PM

Garnet nodded and began walking, following Attor. Halls of the Lost, that sounded familiar. Had she heard it somewhere before? She couldn't remember. Hopefully there were some valuable things inside of it. She stopped walking for a moment, studying the room in front of her. Everything appeared to be rather old, most things covered in dust. As she stepped into the room, dust was picked up and moved around her. She nodded to Attor when he warned her of traps. She wasn't exactly what she was looking for as far as traps, but she wasn't all that worried either. She felt fairly confident that the room was safe, at least for a creature of her size.

"The name's Garnet." She said. She took a few steps down the middle of the room, walking slowly and carefully in case there were traps. Everything seemed safe so far. If there were any, she assumed they would be farther into the room. This way, whoever was trespassing would have a more difficult time escaping.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 5:55 PM

Garnet hesitated for a moment before answering. Should she tell him? What if he wasn't so happy with the idea of her attempting to steal? Somehow, he didn't seem the type to care. But then again, that probably wasn't a chance she should take. Not just yet, anyway. "I'm always up for a challenge." She answered simply. Acting mysterious had done her well in the past; it kept people interested. She gave him a smile that was half flirtatious and half challenging him not to believe her. She wanted to get to know him a little better before she revealed her true intentions.

She was just as curious about him as he was of her. He seemed nice enough but she had the feeling there was something he wasn't telling her. It didn't seem that his intentions were to hurt her, although it seemed that he knew something that she didn't. Oh well, she'd figure it out eventually.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/05/2009 1:37 PM

"Oh really?" Garnet smirked. "And what would that be?" She didn't care much that he had apparently figured her out. Something about that smile of his gave her the feeling that he wasn't being completely honest either. Maybe they were here for a similar reason...

"So what is it exactly that you lost?" She asked, looking at him slyly. Did he even know what he had "lost"? Although anyone could make something up. But still, it might be fun to see his reaction.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/20/2009 11:31 AM

((Sorry about the wait. ^^;;))

Garnet nodded. A key, huh? And it really sounded like this key he was looking for was hidden intentionally. If he lost it here, that wouldn't likely be the case. By now, she was sure that the key was never actually his. Oh well, that didn't matter to her. She continued walking, wary of any signs of a trap. In all of the years she had been alive, she had become good at finding them. But this place was rather dark and shadowy, making it a lot harder to see.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/28/2009 3:30 PM

Garnet nodded when he spoke. Then, maybe she could tell him why she was really here. Although he seemed to already have an idea. He was right not to trust her completely- she had no problem with helping him. She had nothing better to do. But she certainly had her own agenda, which came far before this key he wanted. If things went well, then that would be good for both of them. If not, she certainly didn't have a problem lying to him.

She was hoping that they were getting closer. This was getting rather dull. "So when we find your key...will it be around other things? Valuable things, perhaps?" She smirked and looked at him. She knew that saying that would show her true intentions, but it didn't seem like a bad idea anymore. She could tell he needed her help.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 07/09/2009 4:57 PM

((Sorry about the wait. I was camping...well, RVing. xD But the internet wasn't very good so I couldn't get online much.))

Garnet nodded, not so much agreeing as telling him to get on with the story. She stopped walking as well. She was moving her tail around slightly, causing the shadows around them to dance. "Alright. So you just want me to help you find this key and avoid the traps?" She knew she was making it sound far easier than it would be. A paragon of his size wouldn't need any help unless this was a very dangerous quest. She was alright with that, though. Maybe she was too brave for her own good, after all she probably should have been far more nervous than she was.

"Let's go, then." She resumed walking, slowly so he could take the lead since he obviously knew this place far better than she did.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 07/24/2009 11:21 PM

Garnet studied the walls as they walked. That wouldn't be good. Hopefully they'd be alright if they payed close attention to where they were stepping. She glanced at him when he spoke. She doubted he was really worried about getting separated, but complied anyway. She smirked. "You're right, good idea." She moved a bit closer to him.

She stopped suddenly, just as the floor panel snapped. She took another step towards it and looked down as well. What was down there? 'Looks like the danger just got more.. dangerous.', she heard him say. She let out a laugh. "That does make sense."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 08/31/2009 4:21 PM

Garnet was starting to quite enjoy Attor's company. She hoped everything went well, she'd hate to have to betray him. She glanced over at him- he really was quite a handsome male. It had been a while since she'd had the company of another paragon. A second after she looked over at him, she saw a brick flying towards him. She held back a laugh as he hit the wall; other peoples' misfortune was often amusing to her. Especially the way he acted like it was intentional. She knew this wasn't the case but decided to humor him.

"Wow. I never would have found it." She hoped she sounded sincere...and that he couldn't see her slight smirk. She nodded as she approached the bridge. She looked down in attempt to see the source of the glow.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 09/05/2009 2:44 PM

Garnet followed close behind him, attempting to step as lightly as possible. It probably wasn't making any difference, though, she thought. "I wonder. I bet it's pretty amazing." She didn't think of his story for coming in here; she had more important things to worry about, like the fact that she was walking across a bridge that didn't appear very sturdy. Hopefully whatever they found would make this journey worthwhile.

She looked towards the glow, attempting to see it more clearly. Then she saw the cavern. "This should be interesting." She muttered, walking in its direction.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 10/26/2009 4:05 PM

Garnet's mind began to wander to whatever it would be that they would find. She couldn't wait! She was sure that whatever it was, she could get quite a bit of money for it. Or maybe she would just keep it and show it off. Then, they turned and walked into the next room. Her eyes widened as she looked around. The crystals were gorgeous. They could make some nice jewelry. she thought. She had a friend that was an expert jewelry maker. Then again, the color wouldn't match me.

Luckily for Attor, she hadn't been paying much attention to what she said. Therefore, she nodded absentmindedly. "Right, okay. "

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous