The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: On The [HUNT] [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/09/2022 8:15 AM

Merpsichore came towards them dragging a large backpack, straps held tightly in her mouth, and tails wagging as she stumbled across the cavern.

"We will clothe you - though the clothes are meant for Merpsichore here, so they will likely be a little roomy and may smell like her - and you will co-operate, or else we will roll you out into the blizzard and retrieve our net from your corpse in the morning - unless something finds you out there first."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/09/2022 8:17 AM

The woman snarled, but held her wrists out to them in submission and Melline reached through the holes of the E.H.N. to fit the bangles onto her wrists, where they resized themselves to be too small for very much movement.

Bella hadn't been lying; besides having the same charm as the E.H.N., the bangles were all but unbreakable and would not resize with the woman should the charm fail and she return to her normal size.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/09/2022 11:17 AM

Melline removed the net, and the woman lunged at Bella, stopping suddenly as she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Bella hadn't moved, knowing Melline's reflexes.

"If you move now," whispered Melline close to the woman's ear, "you will cut your own head off - the blade against your throat is razor sharp, which is why you can't feel it yet, and I will not hesitate to swing it."

The woman scoffed, but her eyes widened as she tipped her head forward to feel cool metal against her chin.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: On The [HUNT] [M] [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/20/2023 6:46 AM

[New Hunt - previous posts turned in]

The woman scowled, but raised her head and relaxed her shoulders.

"Very well" she murmured through clenched teeth, as she fought the shivers that ran through her body. "I can see that I am beaten."

Melline nodded, and withdrew the blade, stepping back only far enough that the woman would not cut herself should she turn, but still close enough to react if necessary. She could see the woman visibly trembling in the cold, and the warmth of the fire only served to emphasize the bitterness of the cold wind that blew in from the mouth of the cave.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/20/2023 6:47 AM

Bella breathed a slight sigh of relief through her nostrils, quiet enough to not be heard. She knew Melline would not allow the woman within striking distance, but she was still a Battleheart and therefore still dangerous, and for a moment she had thought the shackles had not worked.

She reached down into the pouch, and withdrew another robe made of a Bruma pelt, this one slightly thicker than the one Merpsichore was wearing. She also withdrew two thick leather boots, and some ankle wraps with long leather straps.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/20/2023 6:50 AM

"Here" she murmured, as she handed the garments to the woman. The woman sighed, but accepted them and began to pull them on, wrapping her arms around herself once she was covered.

"The ankle straps are not secured properly" murmured Melline, causing the woman to jump before she scowled.

"They are good enough" she stated haughtily, which only served to cause Bella to raise an eyebrow. A short staredown occurred, before the woman blew out a breath in indignation.

"I am unsure how to secure them - I have never worn garments such as these before" she admitted.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/20/2023 6:55 AM

At this, Melline's eyes narrowed. "You live in a place like this, you have a human form, and you are telling me you have never worn garments like this before? I call-"

"Melline" snapped Bella, cutting off her words. Melling snarled, but held her tongue, knowing well that Bella was the more diplomatic of the two of them.

"If you are unfamiliar with these sorts of things, then you do not normally reside in this climate - what are you doing here?" asked Bella, her eyes trained on the woman's face to note every microexpression of discomfort that crossed it, however fleeting.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous