The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: We're Just Looking {P,M:L,V?}

Postby Icy Rose » 09/11/2017 1:54 PM

The locals pointed out the mountain?  That was interesting.  Usually people were careful to covet holy places and their proper relics (for most of the time they were usually seeking out religious artifacts).  Was this place haunted versus sacred?  Maybe a little bit of both?  Beatrix squinted as she went through these thoughts, wondering what that could mean.  "What did they say about the mountain?"  But that didn't even feel like the proper question.  Beatrix shot a glance over to Dianne and rephrased her question, "Are we looking for something in particular?"  Yes, they got a vague description of a relic but
Sabelya seemed ... very assured.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

find me on the discord if you wanna chat!
Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 558
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/11/2017 2:48 PM

From where she stood behind the others, Sabelya locked eyes with Beatrix. She didn't just look like she was certain. She looked like she both didn't want to be anywhere near this mountain's supposed relic... and needed to find it. For a split second, her brow was creased and a frown played at her lips, but it was soon replaced with a determined grin.

"Well," she started, meandering about the room idly, "To answer your first question, the locals essentially said, 'Good luck.' And for your second question..." Sabelya scootled up to loom over the map, prodding a finger to a spot on the side of it. Was it the right spot? Who knew, but she was definitely making a point of something. "We're looking for a stone. They mentioned it being some old magic amulet at one point long ago, but the whole village is convinced the entire mountain is cursed." To that, the woman rolled her eyes. "People go missing when they wander up mountains unprepared all the time. We're an entire team with proper training and equipment. We should be fine!" She turned after speaking, smiling brightly at Beatrix and Dianne as if to lighten their spirits.

Dianne, despite Sabelya's efforts, looked like she was two inches from bolting straight out of the entire mountain range and straight to her home safe in Aldrect. "... Hahah, yeah, we'll be fine."
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 10/06/2017 12:14 AM

The thought of wandering up a mountain that so many disappeared on was disconcerting.  Beatrix awkwardly shifted from foot to foot as she weighed what Sabelya said.  She was delicately balancing the fine line between being scared and being worried.  Local myth came to be for a reason... there had to be something going on, right?  Beatrix pulled her scarf over her nose.

"You're right.  We'll be fine!"  She said with determination.  Beatrix looked over to Dianne with a new conviction.  The both of them signed up for this for a reason.  Lone wanderers disappeared for whatever reason all the time.  They were an entire expedition!  They would be prepared for whatever came at them, which had to be nothing! "How much longer do you think it'll be until we can advance up the mountain?"

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

find me on the discord if you wanna chat!
Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 558
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/21/2017 4:28 PM

Where Dianne Looked absolutely petrified, Sabelya was a beam of sunshine and daisies, grinning with enthusiasm at Beatrix and Dianne with her eyelashes fluttering. She leaned forward a little, hands cupping each other behind her back. "Don't you worry over whether we'll be fine," she drawled. "Goodness, it's like you guys are afraid of dying or something!"

At seeing the look on Dianne's face only grow more pallid, she cackled into a hand. "I'm kidding! We'll be perfectly fine, I promise. And as for your question, I'd say abooouut a week or so, maybe two?" She tipped her head from side to side, weighing her response before giving a firm nod with a hum. "Don't quote me on that, though. Anything mildly inconveniencing could set us back some more days. And we need ample time to prepare everyone for the climb. It's not going to be like an ordinary hiking trip. Expect to be climbing some part of the mountain partways to get your body used to it at least two or three times before we do the real deal."

(( HI I LIVE! I'm so sorry it took me this long to reply ;3; also, revel in my complete inexperience with mountain climbing trying to sound like I at least kinda know what you're supposed to do lololol ))
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer