The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: It's Nearly Time [Caving] [H by Z]

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 7:54 PM

Professor winter sighed and laid down in the sand.  Olive hated sand, he suddenly remembered.  She hated how it stuck to you when you were wet, which made her hate swimming at beeches.  She hated when it got into her food too.  He chuckled softly to himself, that girl had a lot of specific things she liked and disliked, didn't she?  He slid his feet into the water, moving his feet back and forth gently as he relaxed.  He felt he could fall asleep here.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 7:55 PM

Winter popped up, suddenly alert.  He had almost forgotten to take a water sample!  He dug in his pack again, getting it all wet and sandy, before picking up a test tube.  He scooped up some water in it before corking it and making sure it was sealed.  "Ceros?"  He asked, but the creature was already behind him, its pawpads silent in the sand.

"Affirmative."  Stardust fluid soaked through its tails, again forming a portal on the ground, which winter slid the sample into.

"Alright, we should move on before I forget to do more things."  He said with a small grin.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 8:19 PM

The Professor slipped his shoes and socks back on, frowning at the feeling of sand in his socks.  Oh well, he'll get over it.  Unlike Olive.  He chuckled to himself again.

He made his way down the beech and back to the rocky cave system.  He paused a bit to admire the fungi one more time before continuing on to another unmapped passage.  His creation followed him silently, though it seemed to be interested in looking around also.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 8:22 PM

A glint caught the professor's eye.  Though he was not truly interested in gemstones, he felt his heart skip a beat at the idea of being the first to lay his eyes upon a rare stone or two, but it was not to be.

"Scans show that this is the quartz that was previously detected."  Came the voice behind him.  He sighed in response.  Too good to be true.  It's alright though, the crystals were still quite pretty to look at.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 8:25 PM

Winter remembered how Olive asked him to bring something back from the cave, and smiled to himself.  If he doesn't find anything too interesting, he was sure she would of been happy with some crystals, even if they were common ones.  The fact that they came directly from the deep cave would greatly interest her.  Just like how he was.

He knelt down, trying to look for a small enough piece to grab and bring home.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 8:28 PM

He heard Ceros scanning things from behind him, and briefly wondered if he would find anything of worth.  Probably not though, he could already tell that this stuff was mostly quartz or some other simple mineral.  He dug in the dirt a little bit, revealing a perfectly shaped crystal that would be great to take home.  Only problem was that it was stuck to the ground.  Damn, nothing could be simple could it?  He rubbed his chin.  He could always find another crystal, but this one just...  Looked so perfect and shapely.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/17/2017 8:33 PM

"Do you require assistance, Master?"  The voice made Winter jump and throw up his arms as if to fight.  He sighed once he realized it was just Rosceros.  Why did he make its voice so creepy again?  He vaguely recalled thinking it sounded cool.

He shrugged.  "If you can."

The creature pushed forward, tilting its head to the side, before firing a concentrated beam of stardust at the trapped crystal, popping it right out of the earth.

"I..  Did not know you could do that?"  Winter replied, though he didn't sound too surprised.

"You created me to adapt, change, and learn.  I learned to concentrate my abilities to be weaponized.  Is this not satisfactory?"

Winter shook his head, then nodded, then shook his head again.  "No-  Er yes--  No?  I mean, I'm proud of you."

The creature didn't have expressions, but it seemed taken aback and happy at the compliment.  

"Alright, we've done enough of nothing.  Let's go."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 12:39 AM

They walked for a while before Rosceros stopped suddenly, eyes changing from blue to red.  The Professor made note of this quietly to himself before stopping himself, knowing that this had to mean something.

"Alert.  Movement matching a sentient lifeform detected."  The construct said, dripping stardust from its maw and tails as it took a defensive position.  "Reveal yourself, fiend."

Winter peered into the darkness, trying to see movement for himself.  All he could see was a light in the distance.  No.. Two lights.  Oh.  Oh, those were eyes.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 12:44 AM

"Be calm, Ceros.  We do not want to make enemies here."  Winter said, placing a hand gently on the creature's not fully solid body.  "Be defensive, but do not attack for no reason."

There was movement coming from the opposite of the cave, almost as if the glowing orbs weren't eyes at all, but instead wisps gently floating towards them.  It seemed..  Hesitant.  That was either a good or a very bad sign.  It could mean the creature was trying to appear unarmed or it was tame, but it could also mean it was planning a way to attack.  Only one way to truly find out.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 12:48 AM

Winter felt Rosceros stiffen up as the eyes approached them, though its eyes had changed back to their normal colors, signalling it was no longer armed to shoot immediately.  He knew it was still ready to strike with its sharp tails though, just in case.

Winter looked towards the eyes, approaching slowly.  It retreated almost immediately. Hmm, that wasn't going to work.  He knelt down, and it came a little closer.  He tilted his head, and the glowing eyes seemed to tilt also.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 12:51 AM

Winter hummed a little to himself, wondering if perhaps the sound of his voice would calm or provoke the creature.  Surprisingly, he got a quiet hum back.  Just how intelligent was this creature?

"Rosceros.  Run scan."

The creature obeyed, a thin beam of blue light enveloping the cave for a couple of seconds.  

"Report?"  Winter asked, confused at the creature not answering right away.

Ceros hesitated.  "... Creature does not show signs of life.  Pulse:  Null.  Respiration:  Null.  Body temperature:  Same as surrounding area.  Life form defies logic."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 12:54 AM

Winter hummed again to himself, this time in confusion.  Obviously, this thing was alive.  Perhaps a robot?  But no one else has been down here, at least according to all reports.  There were no signs of an underground civilization either.  Perhaps it was some sort of construct brought alive by the magic of the land?

Almost as if on cue, the creature padded its way into the light given off by Ceros' eyes.  It blinked a few times at them, inclining its head to the side, curiously.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 12:57 AM

It was definitely some sort of construct.  It appeared to be made out of stone, at the very least.  It had to have been some sort of magic, as he doubted the civilizations here had the technology he had for Rosceros.  Perhaps ancient magic in the land brought rock to life?  Upon closer inspection, its species appeared to be a subclass of Grondalith.  He vaguely recalled the fact that he had learned the creatures were supposed to be constructs brought alive by magic, just how he theorized.  However, he also remembered how they are supposedly used to protect areas, things, and people.  Just what was here to protect?  Or was it searching for something, just like they were?

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 1:05 AM

"Rosceros, now that it's closer, can you do another scan?"  Winter murmured, trying to be quiet so as not to frighten it away, or to attack.

"Scanning.."  Ceros hummed faintly as he directly scanned the creature.  It took a few seconds before his response.  "Appears to be composed of Labradorite and long cooled magma.  Exact composition KAlSi₃O₈--"

"Thanks.  That's fine."  Winter cut him off before his loud robotic voice scared the creature off.  Luckily it seemed more curious than anything.  "So..  It's made of sunstone, huh..?"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 08/18/2017 1:08 AM

Winter slowly reached into his pocket, stopping when the strange creature flinched away.  Eventually, he was able to grab out a small piece of jerky, hopefully something the creature would eat.  If it ate.  Winter himself wasn't too fond of the salty dry snack, but he had a feeling that he should bring it along with him.  He gently threw it a foot or two in front of him.

The creature stared at Winter, not reacting much to the food thrown at its feet.  It didn't appear to be interested in food, and probably didn't even need to eat at all.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate