The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Day Job [Caving] [L] [H by Z]

Postby Indigo » 09/24/2017 7:05 PM

She hadn't expected Bo to go for her first name suggestion, or she'd have given more thought to it; but then there was nothing really wrong with the name Jeremy, it just seemed a little too normal for a thing like this. Ah well.

"Maybe he's a baby," she said. "He is pretty small. And baby animals are pretty stupid, so he probably doesn't see us as a threat. Not that we are a threat, but, you know, he shouldn't know that." She paused. "Let's not go back near that cave with the other ones, in case his mom smells us. And because. Well. Obviously."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/24/2017 7:32 PM

Bo huffed, trudging along indignantly. “I’d be quite partial to gettin’ the hell outta here once we find out when this damn cavern ends.” He wasn't proud to admit that his nerves were getting the better of him; what else did expect out of a cave, though?  "We'll have to teach him some better instincts, huh?"  His head whirred back and forth to try and get an outline of the walls so he could draw them.  He sighed.  “It's gotta be over soon, right? How big of a litter box do these things need?”

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

find me on the discord if you wanna chat!
Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 558
Donate

Postby Indigo » 09/24/2017 8:51 PM

"How should I know? I never had a pet even before I got into the adventuring life." Magdalena frowned at Jeremy, who seemed unfazed. "Maybe we can train him to protect us. Like a guard dog." Not that she was sure they needed protection, since most of the time they could hold their own, army of stone monsters notwithstanding. But it would be good to have someone else on their side, even if that someone was a weird rock cat thing.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/25/2017 10:47 AM

Now that was a bit more interesting!  They returned from their otherwise horrible cave excavation trip and, sure, maybe they didn't find the dragon's hoard of treasure than Bo dreamed of but they did find this ... little rock cat.  Maybe it grew up.  "His family was rather scary; maybe he'll grow up to be real frightening."  A big large lion.  Though he wasn't sure how rock creatures could grew, but he liked the idea of it so he would keep that dream.  His flashlight finally fell on a cavern not too far ahead of them and Bo sighed in relief.  Almost out of here.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 09/25/2017 2:43 PM

"Oh, good." Magdalena had also spotted the end of their torment, and her positive reaction was actually not sarcastic for possibly the first time since they'd been down here. She put on a burst of speed for the last stretch and then stood there at the mouth of the next chamber, wiping her feet aggressively against the rock and peering into the dark. "Well, Jeremy seems excited, anyway. Hope it's not more of him." She considered. "I guess more baby ones wouldn't be so bad."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/25/2017 3:39 PM

"The guano stops too," he said breathlessly as he joined her in scraping it off of his boots.  The passageway was steeper than any of the previous ones.  "Watch yer step," he warned her as he started heading down, one arm on the wall to gain some leverage.  A little ways forward there was a large turn, the passageway began to level and... it was... lighter?  Was that... sunlight, this far down?  As he turned the corner and looked up, he could see the blue sky above them. "How strong is Jeremy?  Do you think if we ask nicely he could carry us outta here?"  Bo joked, though he did like the sound of it.  It was definitely too far up but the thought of not having to walk back through guano wasn't appealing.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 09/25/2017 3:53 PM

Magdalena snorted. "He's so heavy I doubt he could lift himself, much less both of us. We might be able to climb out, if you're really dedicated. I'm all right at climbing." They might not have found a way out, but at least they were apparently closer to the surface than she'd suspected, and that was nice to know. Maybe they'd get lucky and discover that the cave looped back around somehow. Or they'd meet up with the river again, and they could swim out.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 09/25/2017 5:47 PM

With a large sigh, Bo resigned, "You're right."  Maybe Jeremy's entire family could lift them out like a large group of balloons.  That wasn't realistic, either, but it was a funny picture.  "I guess we'll worry about it later," he said.  He wrote a little note about the hole in the ceiling on the map.  It was a long drop for sure, but someone could likely rappel all the way down and skip everything before.  Hopefully there was something after it worth it - though they'd likely take it for themselves.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous