The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Here We Go Again [Caving] [L] [H by Z]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2017 9:37 PM

Image Image

Just outside of the cave entrance, a peculiar group had gathered. The leader appeared to be a young girl, nothing more than child, by all appearances, with her black hair in curls and a frilly black and white dress, with stockings and all. At her side, and greatly overshadowing her with its sheer size, was a massive Battleheart.

Behind them, well, at least the girl, were two humanoid Rooskens. Both men, but, just from looking, one would certainly mistake one of them for a woman, instead.

Image Image

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Here We Go Again [Caving] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/19/2017 12:44 AM

Even setting aside the fact that they were taking a child along with them, and that child was leading them, no less, the group looked considerably ill prepared for what was to come. Not a single one of them seemed to be carrying any sort of bag, satchel, or anything that could carry a sufficient amount of supplies for this little adventure.

One man, Adair, was wearing a pristine, white dress coat that matched with all of his other pristine, white formal clothing, even down to his shoes. So it must have had pockets, but that still would not carrying much. Many a snack or two and a pocket knife.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/19/2017 12:49 AM

Still, none of them particularly seemed concerned by that fact. Entering an unmapped cavern without supplies? Nothing to it. It wouldn't have been the first time for them. They would get by just fine with Emilia, the child, and Chevalier, the Battleheart, around. There was more to both of them than meets the eye.

One, a too-powerful dhampir that contained her magic by confining herself to the form of a child. And, the other, a demonic creature that survived off of her very life force.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/19/2017 2:06 AM

Whatever challenges there were, they would be able to handle them, undoubtedly. This was not their first experience with this sort of thing, and even the humanoid Rooskens were familiar with such things. They had come long in the past, after all, and spent much of their working hours venturing to all sorts of places, to tend to all sorts of tasks. Mapping, locating lost relics, scouting areas, all of that, and more. Whatever Emilia needed, as they served her loyally.

While they may not have looked it, they were both quite capable.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/19/2017 2:11 AM

"I trust that you're all ready to go?" Although her voice was that of a child's, Emilia spoke with a manner that was fit for the adult she actually was beyond her confined form. Low, but commanding.

The blond haired man, Adair, sighed in annoyance. "Really, this shit again..." Never did he want to tend to these sorts of tasks, but he would not refuse to do it.

The red haired man, Blyze, grinned. "We're ready if you are!" He boldly declared.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Here We Go Again [Caving] [L] [H by Z]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/26/2017 8:52 PM

It seemed that the girl either didn't hear what the blond haired man said, although that was highly unlikely that she would miss it with her inhuman hearing, or she just chose to ignore the words. Adair could complain all he wanted. He complained about any job, really. Anything that had him stepping foot out of the house and into the outside world. If his pristine, white clothing could get dirty, he hated any task that was given to him.

"Let's go then," Emilia declared.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/26/2017 8:57 PM

Both Blayze and Chevalier nodded their heads in agreement; Adair did not. Still, when the girl headed inside the mouth of the cave, the others all followed behind. First Blayze, and then Adair, although the men stood at least arm's length apart from one another, while the Battleheart followed after them. Being the largest creature, it was easiest to following along behind the three that took to their human forms.

While none of them were making use of a torch, it was unnecessary. For, with each step that the girl took, colorful flames were left in place of a footprint.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/26/2017 9:00 PM

The peculiar flames were not hot to the touch, nor did they damage anything around them or spread without her wishing it. They would eventually fizzle out without causing any damage, but, for now, they lit up the cavern well. Even in this form, Emilia had power to do this much, and more.

None of the others were afraid of the flames that she left behind, already knowing their nature and how they worked. They could walk right through them, and no harm would be done.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/26/2017 9:09 PM

They were soon met with the almost unbelievable sound of running water. No, not just running water. That was the unmistakable sound of a waterfall!

The red haired man ran ahead of Emilia to get the first look. In spite of his shoes definitely not really being fit for traversing through an unmarked cave, Blayze was surprisingly skilled at not falling flat on his face. Difficult terrain? He was used to it. Although, he did make sure not to wander that close, less he slip and fall in.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/26/2017 9:12 PM

"Woooow!" He exclaimed, amazed by the sight. "What are the odds of there being a waterfall right inside the cave? We've barely gone anywhere, and we find this!

Adair looked on from as far away as he could manage with a disgusted look on his face. "That much moisture in this dark place. This is just a breeding ground for bacteria." And mud. Mud was probably worse, since mud could stain. Bacteria was gross, but lasting stains were a pain.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 2:47 PM

Given Adair's particular distaste for the area, the party didn't remain near the waterfall for all that long. Only just long enough to note down their discovery on the barely started map. Thankfully, Chevalier had replaced that atrocious quill pen with a proper one; an uncleaned feather pen was certainly not fit to be held in the hands of his mistress.

Normally, it would have been Adair or Blayze tasked with noting things down, but Emilia mapped out the waterfall area, given that Blayze was too distracted and Adair didn't want to go out of the way to take a look around.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 2:56 PM

Once the area was noted down on the map, Emilia lead the group onward. It was not long before she hit something with her foot, hard. It nearly sent her tripping forward, but the Battleheart rushed ahead in order to catch her, sweeping his massive tail around her.

Adair huffed in annoyance in the aftermath, he and Blayze having been stepped over in the process. Nearly getting trampled, even if the Battleheart was certainly careful and would not actually harm them, was never a good experience. "Chevalier, would it not be more effective to leave that form behind?" Remaining as a Battleheart seemed far more inconvenient, in moments like those.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 4:24 PM

The beast only huffed, exhaling warm air out of his nostrils, in response to the blond haired man.

Although, he did have a point, in some aspects. Remaining as a Battleheart allowed him to use his body to protect the others from a potential cave-in, but he moved even more agile, at least on the ground and in a cramped space, within his two legged human form. If there was a cave-in, then he could simply transform back to protect the others. His agility in his other form would get him in place in time, certainly.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 4:27 PM

Once Emilia had safely regained her footing, she quietly thanked her companion. And, in turn, the Battleheart carefully unwound his tail from around her.

"Emilia, are you okay?" It was Blayze that asked the question out of concern, although they all knew the answer already. Of course she was. Chevalier wouldn't allow her to be hurt over something so simple, nor was she actually that fragile.

The girl nodded her head. "Yes, I'm fine," she answered. Indeed, nothing like that would cause her trouble.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 4:32 PM

After giving the red head her answer, the girl looked down at what she had hit, since it didn't feel quite like a rock. "There are rail lines here," she concluded. "They're old and broken in some places, but it will make it easier to travel if we follow them."

No one seemed to disagree with that statement.

"Chevalier?" she called out, looking up at her companion.

Wordlessly, the beast nodded its head, already knowing what she wanted without her actually having to say it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next