The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Here We Go Again [Caving] [L] [H by Z]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 4:42 PM

Within moments, the giant Battleheart had vanished and, in its place, was a considerably tall man with sleek, wavy black hair. One side of it only reached his shoulders, while the other side reached down farther than that. On top of that, all of his attire was black, from head to toe, but he was dressed in such a way that one might expect a butler to, tailcoat, gloves and all. His only inhuman trait were the two horns that remained on his head, protruding through his hair.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 4:53 PM

Once his transformation was complete, Chevalier offered the girl a sweeping bow to show his respect. And finally spoke, "As you wished, my lady."

Emilia bowed her head slightly in return. "Good. You will be able to join us now." She said this, before her gaze shifted around to the other two men, too. "We'll walk along the tracks for as long as they last. Now that Chevalier has transformed, he'll be able to do so, as well." It would make things easier for him, this way.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 4:56 PM

The four did just that.

Now that he had taken on his human form, Chevalier no longer walked behind the group, instead walking along beside Emilia, but just two steps behind. Blayze was a few steps behind them, and Adair remained as far away from the other Roosken man as he could, without being too far from the rest of the group.

Just was Emilia predicted, using the tracks to walk made it easier to pass through that part of the cavern.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:01 PM

"I wonder if we'll actually find something~" Blayze suddenly piped up, breaking the silence that had fallen over the group as they traversed onward.

"It is quite likely." It was, surprisingly, Chevalier that answered. "Do you not agree, my lady?"

Emilia nodded her head again. "Yes. I am certain that neither of us would be able to miss the scent of other creatures around here, hm?" It was a blessing and a curse, really, that the two had an inhuman sense of smell, even in their current forms.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:06 PM

"Ah, is that so~?" Blayze clapped his hands together once excitedly. "Does it... seem like anything in particular to you?" The question was directed at either of them.

"We'll just have to see," the girl replied. There was really no telling if they would actually encounter something or not, even though there was certainly more than one of them living in this place, whatever they were. There was more than just one sort of scent, too.

"There are different creatures, not just one," Chevalier confirmed.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:24 PM

"I hope they're not anything too wild," Blayze commented, after giving it a  moment of thought. There was no doubt that Emilia and Chevalier wouldn't be able to handle themselves against a vicious creature, and even Blayze and Adair were trained in combat, in spite of their unusual appearances, but it would be much easier on them if they didn't have to battle it out with a creature that wanted to attack them.

Hopefully, if they did encounter something, it would be mostly harmless.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:26 PM

"Let's just hurry up and get this over with," the blond haired man interjected. "Let's not waste our time thinking about what might happen and just move." He still wanted to get out of here as soon as was possible. They'd already been in the cave for awhile. "We wont know what we will find until we actually find it, anyway."

At this point, he was beginning to wonder just how expansive it actually was. Just what did they actually get themselves into?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:33 PM

It was not much longer that the group of four moved throughout the cavern, leaving the rail tracks behind them a good ways, that the sound of wings could be heard. First, Emilia and Chevalier noticed and, awhile later, so did Blayze and Adair.

The latter of the four grimaced, when he realized just what it was, hoping not to end up with droppings on his person. Or, you know, with them being aggravated so much that they decided to swoop down at them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:38 PM

"Those are Batti, aren't they?" Blayze was looking upward, having paused in his steps, in order to observe what was going on above their heads.

"Shh," The blond haired man shushed the read head. "If you make too much noise, you're going to disturb them even more." His voice was hushed, even as he spoke.

Blayze's natural volume of speech was just too loud.

"Come. Let's not waste much time here," Emilia instructed, glancing back to look at the two Roosken men and urge them onward.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 5:40 PM

The area wasn't particularly pleasant for her, or for her demonic companion, since hearing all the wing beats over and over in their heads was annoying, at best.

"All right, all right," Blayze responded, this time more quietly than was usual for him. He picked up the pace then, and the party kept on moving. "There has to be more than just Batti, though, right?" Chevalier had just said there was more than one creature living in this place, so there had to be something more interesting, right?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 9:20 PM

Not a single one responded to the red head that time, all knowing that he already knew the answer. Even Blayze knew that was why they didn't say anything, but he still frowned. Actually, being where they were, he had a brilliant idea. Since he'd already stopped walking to look up, Adair had caught up to, and passed, him.

Grinning, Blayze closed the small bit of space between them with a few quick bounds, grabbing the other man's arm and wrapping both of his tightly around it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 9:24 PM

It happened so suddenly that it only came as a surprise to Adair. He didn't have time to react, to dodge or to push the other man away, before he got a hold of his arm. So the blond only stopped in his tracks and glared over at Blayze, that seemed to have no intention of letting go.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"What does it look like~?" Blayze responded cheerfully, the grin not leaving his face.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 9:27 PM

Hearing Adair's outburst, and Blayze's cheerful response, both Emilia and Chevalier momentarily stopped to look back at the scene laid out behind them. Chevalier looked back ahead only after a glance, not to be bothered by what was going on. Emilia only chuckled once, before turning away, as well.

"Shall we continue on, my lady?" The dark haired man asked his partner.

The girl nodded her head. "Yes, let's. We'll just go slow, so they can catch up."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 9:31 PM

Whatever happened between Blayze and Adair, that was their business. Well, as long as it didn't interfere wither everyone else's business. Emilia and Chevalier operated on such an understanding. Although, Emilia was somewhat routing for Blayze, since she was well aware that Adair didn't actually hate him, at the very least.

Growling, Adair tried to shake Blayze off, without actually shoving him off, but to no avail. He knew that the others were just going on without them, though, so they couldn't waste much time arguing about it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 9:33 PM

For the time being, he'd probably just have to accept this. The blond haired man sighed heavily. "Do whatever you want," he told the other man, undoubtedly sounding annoyed by the turn of events. "Just don't slow me down or get in the way." The last thing he wanted was to trip and fall just because Blayze was hanging onto him and wouldn't let go.

Surprised at how easily Adair was defeated, Blayze actually questioned things for a moment. Mentally, though, not spoken.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext