The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Here We Go Again [Caving] [L] [H by Z]

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/27/2017 9:55 PM

Blayze found it hard to believe that Adair was giving up so easily. Was there a special meaning behind it? Not that he could think of. Part of him even wondered if Adair was just giving in, in hopes that he would change his mind, if he did. Well, if that was the case, it wasn't going to work.

"Okay~" Blayze finally said, cheerfully grinning. "If I can do whatever I want, then I'm not letting go." Adair said he could, so he was holding on.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/29/2017 4:37 PM

Although he was certain that Blayze would possibly consider it some sort of trick, like reverse psychology, Adair really meant it when he said he could do what he wanted. Well, to a degree. If the red head started getting handsy or really tried to do anything more than just hold onto his arm, he would have shoved him off. But this, this... he supposed he could tolerate, in the interest of not wasting any more time in this horrible place than necessary.

Once the other man decided in favor of holding on, the two men moved on, Blayze's steps falling into sync with Adair's steps, as they walked so closely linked together.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/29/2017 4:40 PM

Given that the other two, Emilia and Chevalier, only walked slowly as they went ahead, it did not take all that much for the two Roosken men to catch back up to them. Neither of them missed Emilia glancing back at them, when they caught up, wearing a half smile on her face at the sight of them.

Adair just ignored it. Blayze, on the other hand, signaled her with a thumbs up, which made the blond haired man roll his eyes. "Is that really necessary?"

"Most certainly!" The red head gave his answer with his commonly cheerful tone and smile. "You're normally such a stick in the mud, after all."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/29/2017 4:46 PM

Adair's eyes narrowed into a glare when he heard Blayze's response. "I have nothing to do with mud." It wasn't so much the insult that offended him, it was that he was being associated with something so dirty in that moment. Mud. Mud was absolutely disgusting, and a pain to get out of his lovely white clothing.

Blayze chuckled. "That's not what that really means. It sounds better than me saying you have a stick up your ass, doesn't it? But... that's more for being cranky, anyways, not for being... boring." Adair was often cranky, too, but it was often Blayze that invoked such a reaction out of him. He wasn't exactly just naturally that way all of the time.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/29/2017 4:53 PM

Adair would have thought to ask Blayze, "Then why do you even like me?" But, the thing was, while a small part of him wanted to know the answer, an even larger part of him did not actually want to find out. He was already well aware of Blayze's feelings for him; the other man made it extremely obvious, but he did not feel the same way. So, in reality, he didn't actually deserve to hear the answer, even if curiosity almost got the better of him from time to time.

It wasn't like he actually hated Blayze, after all, but he did not believe that he could possibly return his feelings.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/29/2017 4:57 PM

No matter how much Blayze had fallen for Adair, the Blaze Roosken never actually expected the Treasure Roosken to return his feelings, regardless of whatever physical form they took. From the very beginning, Adair was practically horrified by Blayze's presence. Once he found out that the other man's preference was, well, not just strictly toward females, Adair was uncomfortable around Blayze. Especially since Blayze always flirted with him, from almost the get-go.

Where they finally were now, Blayze was thankful enough for that. Adair still avoided him, sometimes, but they worked well together, and Adair didn't always push him away. Just being this close to him, being able to walk while holding onto his arm, that was enough Blayze.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/29/2017 5:01 PM

The Blaze Roosken man did not believe he could ask for anything more. Adair made it plain as day where he stood, so the fact that he humored the Blayze even this much was precious to him. For him, this was enough. Blayze never intended to fall in love with anyone else, either, so he had come to accept that he would have an unrequited love, forever more. But he was content. It was okay. He could still remain at Adair's side, even like this, and that was all he could ask for.

Yes, Adair didn't deserve to know why Blayze even liked him in the first place. So, while he thought to ask, the question died before it could even reach his lips.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2017 7:05 PM

"Boring or not, I still like you, though," Blayze chimed in, after Adair glanced over at him but didn't say anything. The red head felt like there was probably something the other man wanted to say, but held back. But, given his expression, it probably wasn't something harsh or negative. So Blayze just reassured him of his feelings. "So don't worry, you can keep on being boring. It's okay if you don't change, since you're fine the way you are."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2017 7:05 PM

There really was absolutely nothing that Adair could say in return to such praise. He couldn't even really thank Blayze for liking him so much. All he could do was nod his head, just once, when he looked over at the other man's brightly smiling face. Then, he had to adjust his glasses, pushing them back up into place, while he looked away.

The the other two in the party remained silent as they walked on, so as not to interrupt.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2017 7:06 PM

A few minutes had passed, and all four of them of them remained quiet as they moved through the cave.

Adair couldn't stop thinking about the praise he had been given, though. It was difficult to find someone that liked you the way you were. Not just romantically or otherwise, but even in friendship. Although Blayze's affection for him made him uneasy, he appreciated having him as a friend. Not just Blayze, but Emilia, and even Chevalier, too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

"You, too," Adair finally managed to say. He kept his eyes straight ahead, on the path they were walking, and not meeting Blayze's eyes when he spoke. But, for him, even managing to utter these words was more than what he could usually do. "You don't have to change, either. You're perfectly fine the way you are." Blayze could be whatever he wanted to be. Act how he wanted. Dress how he wanted. Like whoever it was he wanted. There was no shame in any of that.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Hearing those words from the blond haired man, Blayze was completely shocked, at first. Then delighted. He was practically grinning from ear to ear, and bounced up and down several times while still holding onto Adair's arm. He certainly never expected to hear such words in return.

"Really? You really mean that?" he asked, once his bouncing stopped, so he could look over at the other man's face. Adair didn't meet his gaze, but that was fine.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Adair continued to avoid looking at Blayze, not even a sideways glance, but he could imagine the exact expression that the other man was wearing. All the reason more for him not to look; this was embarrassing enough as it was.

After staring at Adair's face for a long moment, the red head had to look away, his head tossed back toward the sky, well, the roof of the cave. One hand was brought up to cover a portion of his face. "Aaah, you're too cute."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2017 7:07 PM

Adair's steps, which had already slowed with all of Blayze's bouncing around, stopped short when he heard what the other man said. Shit. Encouraging Blayze wasn't the best idea, after all. He didn't want him to get any more ideas. Shit. Shit. What should he say back?

As distracted as they both were by their own conversation, neither Roosken men noticed it, when there was a soft rumbling sound that they hadn't heard before. It wasn't like the sound of rushing water, like from the waterfall earlier. Nor was it the sound of a functioning cart moving along the broken tracks.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/14/2017 7:07 PM

Emilia and Chevalier responded at the same time when they heard the rumbling sound. Both stopped dead in their tracks, and looked upwards. Even before the girl reacted further, the man quickly reached out, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her in, so that she was pressed against him.

In a flash, his body transformed once more. The form of a man became that of a massive dragon, and he lunged to cover their other companions from the falling rocks.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext