The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Screeching Abyss [Caving] [H by C]

Postby Skylark » 09/04/2017 2:56 AM

"And how would they burry it in here? We're in a cave. The ground is rock. It could also be dangerous for them to be on the ground too long, we still don't know what kind of predators live here."

Mags grumbled under her breath some, clearly annoyed at Jaks for being the sensible one, to which Jaks chuckled some more. One of them had to be.

"You're not as funny as you think you are." Mags grumbled back.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/04/2017 2:57 AM

"I just hope we find more water so we can wash off after this. I don't want to wait until we go past the waterfall again when we're leaving." She continued, clearly not done complaining yet.

That, at least, Jaks could agree with. "Yeah. It'd be strange if that waterfall was the only source of water in here, too. I'm sure we'll find something else." If not, they could probably sacrifice some of the fabric they had brought with them and water to wash off well enough for until they returned to civilization.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:40 PM

Ok, so, pros and cons to this next part of the cave the girls found themselves in. On one hand, there was no more bat poop. On the other hand, there was nothing to help them get rid of the bat poop that seemed permanently glued to their claws now. On yet another hand, they found something! On an another another hand, that something didn't seem all to keen to go with a couple of raptors that were covered in poop.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

You win some you lose some. Said raptors tried their best to scrap poop off their feet while appearing innocent and harmless to a little gargoyle thing that was residing in the offshoot to the cavern they had stumbled into. It was kinda hard, what with the claws and the fangs and such, but they were trying. And, as they say, that's what counts.

"Aw, come on little guy! We aren't that bad!" Mags weedled at the thing from a distance.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

She was doing her best innocent act that she tried on prey all the time. Jaks clearly wasn't impressed with is, especially since they weren't even planning on eating this thing. Heck, she didn't even know how they would eat this thing without it breaking their teeth! But Mags seemed determined to do something with it, so she left her to it and tried not to think about how they were going to have to wade back through bat crap to get back to where they started from.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:41 PM

Ugh.

The stargoyle stared at the raptors, clearly unimpressed with the one's attempts to get on it's good side. Mags whined in distress.

"Awwww come ON we're no so bad! Really! If you come with us we even have cookies most of the time!"

The mention of cookies, somehow, got a bit of a response. Sensing weakness, Mags honed in and went for the kill. "Delicious cookies. But even more than that! All the deserts you can think of! Cake, pie, cheesecake, pastries, moose, pickles, eggs..."
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

"Pickles are dessert now?" Jaks interrupted, confused about the direction this conversation was apparently taken. Mags rolled her eye at the interruption.

"Anything can be dessert if you try enough." She said dismissively to her friend before turning back to continue cooing sweet meal plans to the stargoyle. Jaks rolled her eyes, but left her to it once again. Whatever. It's not like she wanted to go walking through bat poop any sooner than they had to.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

The more Mags talked food, the closer the stargoyle let her get. Once she'd moved on to waxing poetics about all the different types of fresh fruit she'd never personally eaten but heard was delicious to squishy prey who liked that kinda thing, she had one claw on the stargoyle's shoulder and they was conversing like old friends. That was a change of pace. At this point, Jaks figured they could probably finally move on. And she was right!
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:42 PM

"You ready to walk through crap again?" She asked her friend, watching as Mags finished convincing the stargoyle to ride along in her pack.

"Yup!" Mags chirped enthusiastically. "I wanted to crawl through mud, after all, and this is pretty much the same thing? Except more smelly. Anyway! There's that waterfall near the entrance we can all swim in when we're done. This isn't so bad, really! At least the waterfall wasn't in the back with the crap in the front!"
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:43 PM

Then they'd have to leave the cave absolutely disgusting. No thank you. She'd rather live her entire rest of her life clear by a waterfall in a cave than have to venture into the outside world covered in poop.

With that delightful mental image, the trio set off to explore... Well, not more of the cave just yet. They went to go through the poop room, keeping their voices low once more. This was a very important thing to do in this room.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:43 PM

This was all to not tempt any of the bats  into making their journey even more unpleasant than it already was. Since they'd already been through this room once before, it wasn't quite as bad as last time to navigate, thankfully. They were able to find quicker paths through the gunk and get stuck a whole lot less. It still took longer than either of them would like. Still, it wasn't as bad as the first time.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:44 PM

In what seemed like no time at all they were through and in the next cavern! Ugh, this was the one with the source of the poop. The poop creators. The ones they had to thank for the ocean of crap they'd just walked through. Luckily, the bats didn't seem keep on dive bombing them again. They could pass through this part of the caves relatively quickly, too, since they knew the way. It was a good thing they had all of this mapped out already.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

It was also great not to be scared half to death by diving bats! Ugh, who's idea was to come down here again, anyway? They really needed to go somewhere better for their next adventure. Screeching bats and walking through the poop of said screeching bats wasn't all that much fun. At least they were making friends along the way. That made things a bit easier.

Finally they were through that next cavern. No run ins with those bats again, as stated before. No more run ins with the bat poop.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Now it was time to get clean! The trio were back at the beginning of the cave, by the waterfall. Mags and Jaks gratefully ran over to said water and soaked their feet in it for a good long while before getting to work on scrubbing the gunk from their feathers. A birds gotta preen and bathe in order to keep themselves in good order, after all, and these ancient birds were no exception. They were probably going to end up taking loner than they really had to cleaning up.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/22/2017 11:45 PM

They should be moving on to the next cavern and mapping out the rest of the place so they could be finished and go home, but if they were by the water NOW there was no reason not to take a bath!

This way, if they ended up getting dirty again while they finished mapping the caverns they could always come back and bathe again before they left for good. So Mags and Jaks had no problem taking their time.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer