The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Screeching Abyss [Caving] [H by C]

Postby Skylark » 08/19/2017 11:46 PM

ImageImage

“Ropes?”

“Check!”

“Canteens?”

“Check!”

“Iodine drops?”

“Check!”

“Hmmm.” Jakki surveyed their list of supplies written in her very own scrawling script. Going over supplies before getting too far into such an expedition was an important part of the process, especially when one wanted to be sure to make it home with all of one’s limbs and facilities intact. The fact that they’d already gone over this exact same list approximately three times already didn’t particularly matter to her, especially not when going over it yet again was making Magzi dance with impatience in the corner of her eye.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5
Donate

Re: Screeching Abyss [Caving]

Postby Skylark » 08/19/2017 11:47 PM

Somehow, Jakki valiantly managed to prevent a teasing smile from spreading over her face through sheer force of will. Said restraint did not prevent Magzi from becoming suddenly suspicious.

“Jaaaaaaaaks! Come on!” Her companion complained, impatiently grabbing at her bag and throwing it over her shoulder. “You said we were going to go spelunking! At this rate we’re going to miss it.

Jakki finally allowed herself to smile, although it was accompanied with an eye roll, “I’m just trying to make sure we’ll be safe. But, fine, I guess we can get going.” She said imperiously, moving pointedly at a sedate pace just to see Magzi squirm some more.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/19/2017 11:47 PM

“UGH You’re such a LEAF LICKER!” Magzi complained. Loudly. Jakki couldn’t help it anymore, she burst out laughing while she finally hefted her bag over her shoulder, sharp teeth flashing in the low light.

“Come on, you big, scaly baby.” She teased back, leading the way further into the cave system with her companion following eagerly behind her. “We’d better hurry so we don’t miss all of the rocks and dirt we’re supposed to look at.”

Magzi snorted, shaking her head, “You know that there’s more to see than all that.” She brightened up, feathers fluffing up in excitement. “There might be hidden treasure down here, after all!”
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/19/2017 11:48 PM

“Or giant creatures just looking to eat a couple of egg heads who dared venture into their cave.” Jakki shot back in a dry monotone.

Magzi shook her head quickly, bursting ahead so that she could walk backwards, gesturing wildly while she faced Jakki, “No! Those other died by falling[ they weren’t killed! Anything we find down here is gonna see how awesome we are, anyway, and if it doesn’t we can EAT it! This is gonna be great! I hope we find a giant underground waterfall and have to crawl through mud! You could use to get your feathers dirty every now and then.”
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/19/2017 11:57 PM

Jakki laughed at that, shaking her head at her companion. “Just remember that I’m not going to carry your pack when it gets waterlogged because you jumped into the water with it. Again.”

Magzi stuck out her tongue at her companion, pointedly spinning back around to trot on again. She didn't need stupid Jakki telling her what to do! She knew how to explore a cave and go spelunking with the best of them. "Don't you worry a thing, Jaks! I know what I'm doing!" She proclaimed, just because she could.

Jakki rolled her eyes at said proclamation and followed her friend deeper into the caves.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Screeching Abyss [Caving] [H by C]

Postby Skylark » 08/20/2017 2:29 AM

"JAKKI!"

The shout from up ahead caused the lagging Gyrraptor to sprint forward to join her companion, panic causing her feathers to ruffle up and a growl to form in her chest in anticipation for whatever battle was ahead that made Magzi shout like that. When she finally reached her through a thin mist, she looked around with claws poised and teeth bared, only to be greeted with the sight of... nothing.

"Mags! What is it?" She said, perhaps a bit too loudly for the enclosed space, spinning towards the other gyrraptor in a huff. "What's wrong?"
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/20/2017 2:29 AM

Magzi, haven't not even bothered to look at Jaks when she finally caught up, insistently nodded towards the sight that was before the both of them. "Look!" She said, barely concealed glee evident in her voice. "It's a waterfall!"

Jakki stared. Moments passed. Finally, she huffed and looked towards the source of apparent awe. She glanced from the waterfall to her companion several times before finally sighing and pointedly tugging at the hiking back on Mags' back. "At least take this off before you do something stupid, okay?

Mags didn't have to be prompted any more than that. She quickly shed her pack and sprinted towards the water, laughing in delight as she sped through the shallowed before launching herself into the deeper water.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/20/2017 2:30 AM

Jaks just rolled her eyes from the bank and settled down where it was still mostly dry, having no intention of going into the water herself. One of them was going to have to stay dry and comfortable while a certain someone had to wait for her feathers to dry out.

Mags ran and swam for a little while until an insistent tapping drew her attention. The source was, of course, Jaks on the edge of the water, tap tap tapping her claws against the stone, sometimes muffled by the moss on the banks. With a sigh and a roll of her eyes, Mags made her way back out of the water.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/20/2017 2:30 AM

She shook off the moisture as best she could before turning to preen down her sodden feathers, natural oils making it a less laborious task than it would have been had she'd been furred. And still the tapping continued.

"Ugh, FINE, we can go!" Mags declared, loudly, as she stomped over to take her back from Jaks, who promptly moved said pack out of her grasp.

"Nope." She declared. "I'm carrying this until you're all dried out. I won't give you the excuse of complaining about broken feathers just because you can't wait until you're dry before carrying around rations. With that, Jaks walked pointedly away, leaving Mags no choice but to follow.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 08/20/2017 2:31 AM

"Awww, but Jaks I can pull my own weight!" She pleaded, making fruitless grabs at her pack, "I promise I won't complain! This won't be like last time! Look, I'm mostly dry, I swear!" And still she was avoided. Huffing, Mags stopped and stomped her food, damp feathers fluffing up like she was some great chicken fresh out of a rainstorm. "You're never going to let me live that down, are you?"

"I surely have no idea what you're talking about." Jaks replied over her shoulder, a grin flashing that told otherwise.

Mags pouted there for a little longer before finally giving up and racing after her friends. She'd get her back eventually...
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/01/2017 2:22 AM

The two gyrraptor raced through the caves until the waterfall was no longer in sight. Their laughter echoed off the walls, headless of what sort of disturbances it might cause to the residents of the caves. And apparently they should have been more mindful of how disruptive they were being, if the virtual flurry of activity that suddenly exploded over their heads was any indication. Mags squealed and ducked at the leathery sound of wings overhead, briefly losing sight of Jaks in the gloom of the cave so far from the entrance tunnel and reflecting water.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/01/2017 2:22 AM

Jaks seemed to take the interruption as an excuse to get further ahead, for now she was able to double her distance between herself and the other raptor. Her laughter still echoed off the caves, bouncing back to her friend and confusing her as to which way Jaks had gone.

"Jaks?" Mags called out. She was still crouched towards the floor of the cave, looking around with wide eyes that was unbefitting of a creature of her stature, really. She didn't seem quite so carefree and confident now about their exploration of the unknown.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 09/01/2017 2:23 AM

Not when she was separated from her friend and suddenly acutely aware that they were far from the only living creatures in this cave. "Jaks, are you out there?" Mags called out again, just as worried, just as hesitant. She could hear the water to her back and laughter up ahead, but the laughter echoed around and behind her, too, giving the impression of many Jaks surrounding her, mocking her for falling behind.

"Hey, Jaks, can you come out, please? It's kinda dark in here! My flashlight is in my pack and I need it!" Mags called out once more, her voice gaining a shrill edge from her fear.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

She finally began to lift herself up from he crouch and began moving slowly forward. The light was dim, but still faintly there, so she could avoid stepping on the worst of the rocks, but it was still difficult to navigate when she was used to a lot more light than this!

"I hear you Mags." Jaks' voice echoed out from the darkness, pointedly loud. Mags frowned. It almost seemed like Jaks was trying to be confusing on purpose! Mags frowned some more into the darkness, suddenly treading that much more cautiously.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

If she knew Jaks at all she knew that something might be coming her way soon... and she sure as heck didn't want to be caught unawares!

"So where are you then feather butt?" Mags called out, impatient. She heard more laughter from her friend, but still it echoed all around her. She tilted her head quickly from side to side to try to find the location it was coming from, but thanks to the way the cave was set up here it was practically impossible. Mags huffed more, just for good measure, and continued on bravely into the darkness. She was sure to find her friend sooner or later... just hopefully she would be the one doing the finding.

[Processed up to here]
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark