The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Where's the X? [Caving] [H by Z]

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 5:32 PM

It wasn't long before Kyrit called out, "Oh, I think I see something!"

This time though, she didn't move toward it, as it seemed to be getting closer on it's own. She held out one hand to halt Estebanito while she used the other to point out two eyes reflecting the light from his flames.

"I don't think it's a human." This time her voice was a little more hushed. "Let's wait and see what it is. Be prepared to run just in case though."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 5:38 PM

He trusted her judgement that it likely wasn't human, as the eyes seemed too low to the ground, but Estebanito didn't like the idea of just standing around and waiting for it to get closer. Perhaps though, maybe it was something tasked with guarding the treasure? Just to be safe, his left hand once again started to drift toward his saber.

Slowly, what came to be visible was... A Grondalith? He was pretty sure that's what they were called, but he'd never seen one this color before.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 5:49 PM

"Whoa! I've never seen a Grondalith this close before." Sure, she'd seen them at the zoo before, but this one was right there! Barely a few feet away!

She started to rummage through her pockets, muttering this and that to herself as she did as. Estebanito was pretty sure he heard something about rocks and eating, but he was confused until she pulled out one of the gems from the previous area of the cave and held it out flat in her hand.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 6:02 PM

"What are you doing?!"

He tried to reach for her hand to pull her away but was quicklypushed aside with her shoulder, refusing to be stopped.

"Unlike you," Kyrit started out, "I want to see if it's friendly. They don't eat meat, so I'm sure we'll be fine." Or at least she was pretty sure she read somewhere that they are rocks. It was strange to think that a creature made out of stone even needed to eat at all.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 6:23 PM

"That thing could easily tear your arm off, idiot!"

He'd moved again to try once again to grab her hand, but this time the Grondalith was too close. It sniffed cautiously at the crystals for a few moments, eyes looking toward Estebanito as if to make sure he wasn't going to make any sudden movements.

Eventually, after the fear that moving would cause it to attack, Estebanito had been still long enough that the Grondalith felt safe enough to gingerly pick the crystals up from Kyrit's hand and back away a few inches.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 6:41 PM

"See?" She beamed toward him, though all Estebanito could think of was what he considered to be a horrifying, ear grating noise as the beast chomped down on the crystals.

"Perfectly friendly. It looks like this was a dead end, but I'd consider this guy a treasure if we can get him to follow us. Pretty sure we took a wrong turn though, so how about we double back to that area with the moss and try to get back on the right track?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/27/2017 7:00 PM

It wasn't an idea he liked, keeping the beast around, but Estebanito knew there was no changing her mind. Well, at least it was hypoallergenic? If they could find someone to sell it to it would probably fetch a pretty nice price too. He didn't know what they'd do with it until then, but if she managed to get it to follow, he'd let it be.

"Fine, fine. Just... Let's get moving. Good luck getting that thing to follow you though. If it eats those crystals it's got a pretty unlimited source of food here."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2017 4:41 PM

It always pleased her when he caved in but gave her a challenge. There was no greater joy in the world, at least to her, than to be able to prove him wrong. She said nothing about it though and stood up, brushing off her pants. "Alright, come on!"

She began to walk, holding another chunk of the crystals before in her hand, holding it out to the Grondalith. Once it was close enough, she brought forth her other hand to gently stroke it's cheek. After it had taken the snack she started back the way they came from.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/28/2017 4:46 PM

As they walked, Kyrit didn't say a word. She moved a little slower than before though, only walking a more normal speed to get through the area with the crystals (while pocketing a few on the down low). Only once they got to the center area again did she look back to where they had been.

With a grin, she turned to her companion and said, "See? He's keeping his distance, but he's following! He's curious about us at least."

[For self reference, need 7 posts from here to move to new area]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/04/2017 7:02 PM

While he didn't exactly like the idea of being followed by a huge rock that could bludgeon him with one pounce, Kyrit was right. Note that they'd stopped for a moment, which Estebanito assumed was because Kyrit was checking the map, he could see the Grondalith sit down just at the edge of the entrance to the path they'd found it down. It seemed to be making no effort to get closer, but it also didn't seem like it would run away at the slightest movement. Was it going to follow them all the way to some dead end and trap them there?

[6 posts]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/04/2017 9:11 PM

The map was wrapped back up as Kyrit spoke out, "I'm fairly certain I know which way we're supposed to go, but how about you keep an eye on him and I'll go check this path real quick?" To cover herself, she added in, "I think this is also a dead end, but I'd like to make sure first. And I don't want to scare him off if we had to backtrack again." It was true she didn't want to chance running him off at least.

[5 posts]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/04/2017 9:14 PM

Great, he got to watch the beast. Though to be fair, of either of them was to stand watch, he preferred it be himself. He was obviously way more paranoid about being followed by a huge rock cat than she was, so clearly he was the better option to make sure it wasn't going anywhere.

He let out a sigh before giving her a wave. "Fine, whatever, but don't leave me here long. If it keeps going on a while just come back and get me."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/04/2017 9:36 PM

"Yeah yeah." She'd already started walking away before he'd given his answer. "You'll be fine, it won't eat you. Again, they eat rocks. At WORST he might try to scare you out of his home, which he probably would have done by now if he wanted to. Just sit tight and I'll be back before you die from anxiety."

Truth be told, maybe it was a little risky leaving them alone. Maybe the Grondalith would be more daring if there was only one of them. That didn't stop her from disappearing down another path though.

[3 posts]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/24/2017 5:36 PM

With her companion gone, Kyrit would have to make her own light. Just as she started to lose sight of the green flames, bright red and orange flashes started to dance around her. Her hands were left free, that way she could continue to fill in parts of the map now that she didn't have someone so closely watching her.

Eventually though, she had to stop. Something was wet. Her foot specifically. Looking past the map she could see an underground lake, surrounded by cavern walls

[2 posts]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/24/2017 5:47 PM

She let out an audible sigh, though not enough noise to be heard back at the other end of the tunnel. Well, at least she could tell him she was right? It was just another dead end, no treasure in sight. Even she was starting to wonder if this really was with all the effort of mapping out the caverns.

Still, it looked like there had to be room for a bit more on the map, and there had been another tunnel entrance they hadn't checked yet.

[1 post]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext