The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Only Me and My Disgrace [P;E|Me & Ri]

Postby MythicDusk » 06/01/2018 11:04 PM

The snow was silent. It was always silent here. The wind had quietened as she tucked herself into the small cave mouth. The fire had burned out so many years ago. She didn't feel the cold anymore. She vaguely felt hunger and thirst, but only once every few months. She glanced down to her blackened fingertips, flexing her pale skin carefully. It was probably something to do with the ice in her veins.

She let out a slow sigh, closing her eyes, feeling the frost on her eyelashes. She slowly opened her eyes again, watching her breath swirl from her mouth. Maybe it would be nice to start a fire, to get some warmth into her bones.

Slowly, she stood. She could feel the snow slough from her shoulders, the ice snap along her joints. She moved to the tinder kit, inspecting it to see if it was still usable. It was, and so was the firewood. Enough for millennia with how little she used it. She couldn't help her humorless laugh.

She moved quickly, sparking the fire and feeling the warmth of the flames pierce her forever-cold skin. She carefully bent her fingers, grunting at the pain of the heat seeping into them. She didn't have to worry too much about travellers. After all, who would travel to the Fe'gan mountains? That was the reason she had moved here, to be alone, in her solitude. Among her ice and snow that she created so well.

As a result, she didn't worry about the smoke from her small, comfortable fire.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: Only Me and My Disgrace [P;E|Me & Ri]

Postby RiDragon » 06/02/2018 10:45 PM

Petite bare feet adorned in nothing but traditional Japanese geta crunched softly in the snow as a beautiful woman made her way across the mountain.  In nothing but a pale blue kimono, she was quite a sight in such an unforgivably frigid place.  Her porcelain pale skin showed no signs of frostbite despite the modest choice of clothing.  Anyone with a spark of kindness in their hearts would probably of rushed to the woman's aid, not realizing that behind her blue eyes was a predatory sparkle, that her mouth was far too wide, and her teeth far too sharp.  At least, not before it was much too late.

The yōkai had lived in the below freezing mountains for longer than she was capable of remembering, compelled to lure countless travelers off their paths to feast on their frost bitten flesh after they succumbed to her freezing touch and whispers to go to sleep.  There was little that could surprise her anymore in her frozen domain.

At least, that's what she thought.  Until she stopped with a start at the sight of smoke rising from a spot even higher up in the mountain.  A section that she knew for a fact that any creature with warm blood would freeze before they could bunker down for a camp.  Her nostrils flared out as she took a deep breath.  Yes, it was a camp fire, there was no smell of lightning or possible volcanic activity in the air.  Perhaps they had found a cave to shelter themselves and built the fire before they could freeze?  It would be easy to end the life of whoever dared seek shelter on her mountain, all she had to do was lure them away from the fire for less than a few seconds, and they'd slip away.

She slid her slick ebony hair behind her ear before continuing on toward where she guessed the smoke was coming from, every step calculated and graceful as she carefully picked her way up.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/03/2018 1:09 AM

She perked up at the sound of crunching snow underfoot, her eyes narrowing slightly. Was she enough of a fool to think that there was no risk? Probably, after all, she did build the fire for no reason other than a pale sliver of warmth that she didn't even need. She could probably run naked into the snow and suffer no ill effects.

She was made of snow, after all.

A snowman that the gods had sculpted and abandoned so many aeons ago.

She sighed, letting the thoughts that had collected expel from her as she stood from beside the fire, walking to the mouth of her shallow cave to look out into the snow. Seeing the figure approach, she crossed her arms across her chest, her pale eyes narrowed dangerously.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/04/2018 4:51 PM

The yōkai woman paused a moment before she approached the mouth of the cave.  By now, she should of sensed heat, even if the victim were nearing hypothermia.  Perhaps they had frozen to death before she was able to arrive, but what of the fire?  It was then that she saw the shape move to observe her from the mouth of the cave.

She hesitated, unsure of her next move.  Was this another yōkai?  Perhaps even another yuki-onna?  Her kind were rare outside of their respective country, but it wasn't impossible that she would come across another after so many years of being alive.  She wasn't a fan of the idea of another encroaching upon her territory, but she held back her wrath on the off chance they were longer lived and stronger than she.

Digging the teeth of her sandals into the snow, she continued forward, arms at her sides and a looseness in her step so that she would not be seen as an attacker.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/04/2018 11:52 PM

Rhewi cocked an eyebrow at the figure. The outfit was. Well, it was not the type of outfit you would expect someone to wear in the kind of cold that could leech the warmth from someone in a matter of moments. Nothing lived up here. It was simply too cold.

Except, for these two women, Rhewi supposed.

"Can I help you?"

Her voice was cracked and raw, whipped away by the wind. She winced at the feeling. It had been so long since she had spoken to anyone. The last person must have been... Probably Cal. He liked to visit the other Mancers every few millennia. Rhewi didn't get it. She decided to try her voice again.

"Not manypeople make it up here. Even less dressed like that. I suppose you're not exactly human, hmm?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/09/2018 9:18 PM

She relaxed a bit.  No, if this was a fellow yōkai she would of been recognized for what she was right away.  She leaned on one leg lazily, lifting up her arms and allowing snow to pile in the large sleeves of her kimono.  Her movements were graceful and calculated, not stiff like one would expect in such a freezing place.

"Why, do I not look human?~"  She asked playfully, giving the stranger a coy look with her lips pursed.  She fluttered her eyes flirtatiously.  Perhaps she could still tempt the stranger with her beauty.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/10/2018 4:50 AM

"You have no need to hide your true form, you know." Rhewi announced, walking from the relative savety of her cave, into the freezing snow. She could feel it clamp down under her feet. Until she made a careful motion of her hands, and she walked across the top of the snow, her footprints not leaving a mark, until she stood before the woman, a smirk playing with her blue lips, her frosted eyelashes stark lines of pure white.

"I'm not exactly human anymore, either."

She shrugged, her arms folding across her chest. She seemed to be continually moving her fingers, as if drumming out a beat on her arm, and strangely enough, the snow that fell never touched her.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer