The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Riding In On A Black Tide [Self]

Postby Freezair » 07/05/2018 5:02 PM

"That is undeniably dreadful," Quazar said. "But how are we to help with this? Is our tournament meant to convince trainers that... whatever this practice is is barbaric?"

The shadow made a sound that might have been a chuckle. "Sadly, even I do not possess the power to post a--what is it called?--a Pea Ess Aye to all worlds about this problem." There was a nervous, if slightly appreciable, answering chuckle from the crowd. "But I do believe I can do the next best thing. I believe I have found a solution that may help save the Lost.

"It would not return them to their own world. But they would be reborn here on Evelon, free to live out their natural lives."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/05/2018 5:09 PM

"And this tournament... would do this?" Dinni asked.

"I believe so. In my research, you see, I read many books and followed many magical trails--the signs of old magic, though hard to find, are there for those of us who know them. And I discovered something very interesting. Though cases of Lost pets are a current--and horrifying--trend--it has happened before, in very small numbers, before such cruelty became a farcical fashion. A pet was abandoned by its master for a small indiginity, and in doing so was forced out of its world. It became Lost and wandered here, to Evelon. The books I read spoke of a creature like a slice of the night sky, who moved within mist yet who could take the form of a giant Lohlani when it suited it. The authors of these books, of course, had no idea of this creature's origins, but all the things they described matched exactly with what is happening here now."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/05/2018 5:16 PM

"And a tournament... helped it?" Rygar said, not quite certain.

"Not a tournament, in this case. Rather, the creature was greatly feared by many sailors who saw it, for it stalked the shorelines and the oceans and inspired many fearsome tales. But there was a Polly named Achmed who believed that the creature meant no harm. When his captain wished to attack the beast, and drive it from the sea forevermore, Achmed flew up and said he believed the creature was harmless.

"The captain was a man of his era, and in those days, a sailor who defied his master would be punished. Yet for whatever reason, the captain agreed to a duel instead. Perhaps because he was a Leebra, he believed he would have no trouble defeating a meddlesome bird."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/05/2018 11:57 PM

"The black beast showed up on the day of their duel.

"The two had chosen a portside town for their confrontation, and the shadow seemed to know it was being fought over. Some records report that this enraged the captain, who came to believe Achmed was a sorcerer who controlled the apparition. Other reports state the captain was terrified, allowing Achmed an easy victory. The truth is likely a mixture of both--the captain was angry at, and frightened of, his crewmember, and through that Achmed claimed victory in the duel. He spared the Captain's life, however. He sought no joy in killing, and knew his captain was only fearful for his crew.

"The beast witnessed the victory of the one who championed it. And according to the ancient accounts, it gave one last, thankful cry, and vanished in a puff of black mist."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/06/2018 5:13 PM

"I believe that the soul of that Lost creature was satisfied by that last, fair battle. It was able live vicariously through the combat, and in doing so, it was satisfied. But--I see that sparkle in your eyes, Jaya. You're wondering why I suspect it was reborn here on Evelon."

"Got me there," the Soveris admitted.

"Yes, I'm catching wise to your questions. And it's because I've been looking around for the magical auras of the Lost, and attempting to reach out to and gather them. And I found them in a very interesting place."

The shadow twisted. What passed for its face faced Simone.

"I found them in you."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2018 5:30 PM

"M.... me?" Simone raised a claw to her heart. "Y-you think... I was... reincarnated from that dark beast?"

"I admit I cannot prove it," the shadow said. "But a lot of circumstantial evidence points to it. You have the traces of the Lost within you. You have powers associated with the ocean--and the Lost pet favored the seas. And though I know not where that ancient creature came from... in one of the worlds I have visited, from whence this phenomenon comes, I have seen a creature that looks like you."

Simone gazed down at her claws. Was there really a creature in another world that looked just like her... or, perhaps, whom SHE looked just like?

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2018 7:09 PM

This information was so much for Simone, in fact, that she sat in quiet shock, trying to process it. She was a fairy of nature--definitively so, in fact. She had all the powers her station afforded her. But was it possible her soul had come from... elsewhere? Well, the fairies reincarnated all the time. When they got too old, their old bodies passed into the ether, and they were reborn off the Tree in the Center of the World. But that would mean her soul was not that of the former Fairy of the Oceans at all. It had come from elsewhere.

Quietly, she crept between the crowds--not even bothering to excuse herself--to find a quiet spot amidst the trees to think.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2018 7:12 PM

Dinni watched her go. The frills on the side of his head drooped with sadness. "Gee. Do you think she's going to be OK?"

"I suspect I could have delivered that better," the shadow said. For once, its unflappable air of great intelligence and power seemed to falter. For a moment, it was just another person who'd said something awkward in a conversation and had quickly regretted it. "She is a person with... very important duties here in Evelon, and I suspect her tries to another world have made her doubt her claim to that role. Which I feel sorry for--she is by no means incapable of her duties. On the contrary, she is quite good at them! But I have faith she'll realize that with a little bit of introspection."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2018 7:28 PM

"Speaking of having faith." Jaya stood up and began to pace back and forth, screwing up her avian face in thought. "You've got some pretty impressive powers, mister. Or miss!" She paused for a moment just to look at the shadow's drifting black form. "But I admit, there's a lot of maybes and I-thinks in this plan."

"I agree," the shadow said. "Which is why I was hoping that perhaps a few of you would be willing to perform a test battle for me. Perhaps while I go and check on our fairy friend."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2018 7:33 PM

"Me! Mememe!" Marion hopped up and down. "Pick me! I want to participate in this fight! C'mooooon! Meeeee!"

The shadow chuckled. "Very well. Do I have any other volunteers?"

Kelly shook his head--he'd had enough fights against Marion to know she'd destroy him if given half the chance. (Not bad for his baby sister, if he was being honest.) He skimmed around the clearing, wondering if anyone else looked eager.

"I would volunteer, being from the same world as her," Quazar said, as if he knew what Kelly was thinking. "But I do think it'd be rather more exciting to see what a combatant from another world has to offer, eh?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/08/2018 7:36 PM

"I agree," said Rygar. "So I think I'll offer myself up as an opponent. Is this agreeable, young miss Marion?"

"You look tough! Sounds great!" Marion nodded at him. "And we're fighting for you, right, Monroe?"

For the first time, the Lost Leumoo opened up his mouth to speak. "Actually, I kinda like being like this. I like being an assistant to M--uh, I mean my master!" He exhaled sharply. "Phew. And I can float around and see in the dark and stuff. It's not too bad! One of these days I'll let myself be championed, but for now I wanna stay like this."

Rygar shrugged. "As you wish. Who shall we champion then, Shadow?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/10/2018 11:17 PM

The shadow waved its hand. A small ball of black mist materialized at its feet. A small serpent uncoiled and shook itself--a tiny Carpetfang, much smaller than they usually came. With another wave, another blob appeared, and it stretched its wings out to become a Matches, with mist instead of flame billowing from its feathers.

"The Carpetfang is Molly, and she will be championed by Rygar. The Matches is Ignacio, and Marion, you shall champion him."

Rygar hesitated. "There's two of them?"

"Yes. I wish to observe what happens if each side has a champion. I do not know if both will be reborn."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/20/2018 9:03 PM

Worry creased Marion's face. "Is that gonna be safe? When Rygar loses, his Lost buddy isn't gonna... get hurt, right?"

The shadow seemed to look right at her. "Worry not. Nothing bad should become of those you champion. I just do not know if any fair fight undertaken in their name will rebirth them... Or if it will only happen if their champion is victorious."

"Then I shall have to fight all the harder to ensure the one I champion is reborn," Rygar said. "Enough talk! Marion, let us fight. And let it be just and fair!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/20/2018 9:07 PM

"Aye aye!" Marion replied. "Hey, Shadow! Count us in!"

"Very well," the shadow said. "On 'go.' Ready? 3... 2... 1... GO!"

Marion and Rygar both immediately tensed. Marion began to bounce back and forth in a ready stance. Rygar began to circle her. Everyone else cleared away to give them room for their fight.

Marion was the first to strike. From somewhere, she produced a round, marble-like gem in blue and yellow. She threw it at the ground and there was a bright flash--so bright, Rygar flinched. He looked at the ground, blinking furiously, while Marion struck again. She threw another gem and a bright beam of laser light zipped straight towards Rygar. It struck him with an electrical sound.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/20/2018 9:09 PM

Rygar snarled and was back on his feet. He leapt backwards and opened his mouth as if to roar--but instead, a bright blue ball of light gathered in his mouth. He spat it and a sharp wave of cold air filled the clearing. Marion braced herself as sharp snowflakes assaulted her.

She pounced towards him with her claws bared, but Rygar was ready. He juked out of the way and countered with a claw-swipe of his own. The much smaller Marion spun to the side, grunting with the force of the blow.

[Event posts end here]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous