The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Re: Frigid Expedition [Event][M: G, L, V]

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2021 2:37 PM

The man's brows furrowed in worry. At the firbolg's question, he shrugged. "I'm... honestly not entirely sure. It looked shimmery, perhaps like a portal but I'm not entirely sure. Certainly nothing I've ever seen on this mountain before."

"It was a portal," Reed said, confirming his suspicions. "I was too cold before to sense it, but now I can feel its energy." Looking down at Lo-Ren, she adjusted him slightly so that his head rested in her lap. "The two of you should rest. Autumn, you can cure him in the morning, yes? I will stay away to provide healing when he needs it throughout the night."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2021 2:37 PM

Lo-Ren tossed and turned his head every now and then. His body was wracked in pain, so much that he couldn't form any cohesive thoughts. His entire body felt as cold as stone, but at some point, he chest began to rise and warm up. It didn't last long. It began to fade as he felt his head being lifted slightly.

Autumn looked genuinely concerned about the entire situation. She turned to Reed and gave a "Thank you." The firbolg went to sleep for the night.

As she woke up, she immediately went to work communing with nature to prepare her magic. She fought against her morning hunger the entire time. As soon as she was ready, she went right to work casting her restoration spell.

As soon as the spell was cast, his head felt lighter, his body warmed up. He opened his eyes and looked at the two women before him. With a big, burly yawn, he greeted them. "Mornin' Reed. Mornin' Autumn. How long was I out?"

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2021 2:41 PM

Before going to sleep, Aquilo made sure that there was plenty of firewood stacked nearby. "You can let it die down a bit, as long as it still feels warm enough in here for you," he told Reed, the tiefling nodding in response. He felt bad, going to sleep while one of his guests was still awake, but he knew he would need his energy for the morning.

While the others slept, Reed kept a close eye on Lo-Ren. Whenever he seemed to be getting worse again, she poured some of her healing magic into him. By the time the sun began to rise, she was absolutely exhausted and had no strength left to cast magic. Luckily, Autumn seemed prepared to heal the goliath now.

When the male finally opened his eyes, she let out a sigh of relief. "You slept through the rest of the evening and the night," she answered. "How are you feeling now?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2021 8:57 PM

Lo-Ren looked confused at the two of them. "I overslept that long? I don't think I've ever slept that long before." Autumn chimed in to explain. "You had a disease. Frost Fever. It's from the plane of ice." He had a genuine look of confusion as he repeated "Frost Fever?" He then looked to the other woman. "You don't look so good, Reed. You didn't stay up all night, did you?"

Before Reed could say anything, Autumn answered him. "She stayed up to keep you safe. You were freezing to death. But you can get some sleep now, Reed. I'll make sure Lo-Ren is okay." Lo-Ren's face was one of deep concern, one that he rarely wore before, focused on Reed.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/31/2021 9:11 PM

"I am used to sleepless nights," the tiefling attempted to wave off the male's concern. "Don't worry about me. All that matters is that you are feeling better now."

Aquilo had chosen to hang back a bit, giving the three a chance to speak. Now he came forward, gesturing for Reed to follow him. "There's no need for you to exhaust yourself. Please, you can take my bed. It should be the most comfortable place for you to rest."

For a moment, she hesitated. But she did feel tired, so she eventually gave in. "Alright, thank you." She looked towards Autumn. "You'll wake me if something happens, yes?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/31/2021 9:38 PM

Lo-Ren tried to stand up, with Autumn helping the goliath to his feet. He felt a little dizzy from the sickness, but he felt well enough to stand on his own. Autumn looked toward Reed and nodded. "I'll let you know if anything happens. I won't let Lo-Ren get sick again, and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this Frostfell portal."

As soon as Reed gave in, Lo-Ren scooped her up in his arms and carried her over to the bed. He placed her down gently, careful not to hurt her. "It's my turn to make sure you sleep well," he assured her. "You get some rest, okay?" He tucked her in and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him.

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate