The Fe'gan Mountains are the highest, coldest mountains Lambastia has to offer, with the highest peak recorded at 8589 m (28,179 ft). Only the toughest creatures survive here, and the trek to get to the Basantha Shrine lays through these harsh conditions. (+3 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Fe'gan Mountains

Tending the Frozen Garden {Private}

Postby Firetra » 08/31/2021 5:59 PM

Reggie stared out into the distance, the cold winds billowing around him as he held a shovel in his hands. His eyes wandered to the horizon, exploring the vast snowcapped mountains that filled his vision. He could never get used to this amazing sight as he worked in the gardens in this far flung castle nestled in the mountaintops. He appreciated the view once more before another gust of wind reminded him of his duty. He snapped out of his day-dream and put the end of the shovel back to the cobblestone pathways that meandered through this strange vibrant garden.

The various plants that dotted the plots of dirt flashed greens, purples, yellows, and reds. A strange sight to see in one of the most remote places on Lambasta, an open air garden that seemed to be unhampered by the destructive snow and the frigid winds. But Reggie didn't mind the curiosity of the situation, he was just employed to take care of the various plants rooted here.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: Tending the Frozen Garden {Private}

Postby Firetra » 08/31/2021 6:01 PM

Reggie shoveled the morning snow off the pathways, the flower beds themselves never need shoveling except for extreme cases. He always found them free of frost or damage every morning he came up here to work. But Reggie never minded that, nor did he question it. It was just less work for him to have to do, and so every morning he quietly shoveled the snow off the pathways, much like he was doing right now.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 08/31/2021 6:04 PM

It always took Reggie exactly an hour and twenty-five minutes to shovel the pathways to be relatively clear of snow, and today was no different. He rotated his arm and stretched his back to try and eliminate some of the aches and pains from bending over the entire time and moving all of the heavy snow. Now that the hard part was done, he could go on to check the vegetables near the kitchen.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 08/31/2021 6:07 PM

Reggie dropped off his shovel and wheelbarrow over by his personal shed where he kept all of his equipment. While there, he picked up some hand sheers and a trowel in preparation for the gardening. He made sure to inspect both tools in case there was a crack in the item or if the sheers needed some sharpening, but today everything looked good. So, he placed both items into his overalls and made his way over towards the vegetable patch. The zucchinis should be close to growing right about now, so it was important to track their growth and to pick them before the birds could eat them.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 08/31/2021 6:12 PM

Reggie slowly made his way over to the vegetables, there was no rush, they weren't going anywhere and he likes to pace out his day. He opened the small gate into the garden and knelt next to some of the plants. He examined their leaves to see if the frost had done anything to them, but as always there wasn't anything wrong. He also didn't have to worry about insects here as they perish in the freezing night temperatures! He finished inspecting the zucchinis before making his way over to the herb garden. He always had to make sure the herbs were well kept for, or else Gene would yell at him for letting the herbs go to waste. But of course, there was no issue.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/01/2021 10:26 PM

Reggie was just about to finish up with the garden when he heard the shuffling of footsteps and a loud yawn coming near him. He could tell from the sound of the gait that it was Gene, heading to the garden before preparing breakfast. Reggie looked up to see the chef in his robe close to the fence of the garden. He opened his eyes once he was finished with his yawn and saw Reggie gathering his tools.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/01/2021 10:29 PM

"Morning Reggie." Gene said, his tone betraying his intent to not start a conversation. Gene bent over the fence and inspected the herbs before nodding, contempt. He pulled out a pair of small scissors from his pocket and clipped a few pieces of mint and moved them into his pocket. He looked up again and said "see ya later Reggie." Before yawning again and heading back to the kitchen, rubbing his arms to push away the cold.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/01/2021 10:32 PM

Now that Gene was gone, Reggie moved over to the small grove of trees on the other side of the castle. That was Lord Galind's favorite reading spot, so he was very careful on how he treated it. He went back to the shed and prepared his materials. He grabbed the wheelbarrow that was leaning up against the shed and put two bags of mulch in it. He noted that the mulch around the trees needed to be replaced since he hadn't done them in a few months, and he finally got the bags in yesterday with the weekly delivery. Reggie loaded in a shovel, rake, and other gardening equipment before carting the materials away to the opposite end of the castle.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/01/2021 10:35 PM

The castle could be winding and confusing to newcomers, but Reggie never had to explore much of the place. He only needed to know where the plants and gardens were so he could take care of them.

He deftly maneuvered the wheelbarrow through the narrow corridors, being careful to listen for any footsteps so he didn't run into anybody. Thankfully it was early, and he only saw a couple of maids before he made it over to the small orchard.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/01/2021 10:40 PM

The orchard was another sight to behold. A bit over a dozen trees full of leaves up past the dead zone where trees normally wouldn't dare to come. Yet here they were, an emerald jewel found in the high mountaintops.

Reggie admired the view as he entered the grove, taking in the sights before he had to get back to work. The constant breeze shaking the branches of the trees, making the leaves sway as if they were caught in an endless dance. Reggie would have stayed even more if he didn't see something peculiar off in the distance.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/01/2021 10:42 PM

He carefully placed the wheelbarrow down and grabbed the shovel laid on top of the bags of mulch. He held it in his hands as if it was a weapon, ready to knock the head off of what looked to be an intruder. Reggie had seen a pair of legs sprawled out next to one of the trees about a hundred feet away from him. The face and body of the person was hidden behind the trunk, so he needed to get closer to get  good look at them.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate