The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

Claws-On Methods [Self] (Pt 2)

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:45 AM

Claws-On Methods (Pt 2)
[Out of Universe - Guild Wars 2 'Verse]
[Pt 1 - Fe'gan Mountains]

The Harathi Hinterlands were not a quiet place. The majority of the region was war-torn and stamped down, either by the Seraph or the Centaur they raged against. Larrka couldn’t say she cared much for either side to win or lose. She simply wished they’d stop terrorizing the others who lived there.

She drummed her claws against the stone as she waited, leaned against the entrance to the northern bridge. She could see most of the encampment from here, including the main square of sorts. The sun was already past the peaks, rays beginning to trickle across the landscape. She gave a noise that was half low growl and half sigh, pushing off from where she leaned. The bundle on her back gave a heavy shift, and she reached back to make sure it stayed steady before starting down the path back into the settlement.

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Claws-On Methods [Self] (Pt 2)

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:46 AM

A quick glance around the small market area told her there was no use in digging around there. Sylvari still stook out like sore thumbs in most places, and Seraph’s Landing was no exception. She grumbled a bit more to herself, beginning to head towards the south entrance before something caught her ear. She could hear the low rumble of a tussle down the path to the fishing docks, and she tilted her head for a moment, listening. Well, if her time with the tree children had taught her anything, it was that if there was trouble around, they probably had something to do with it. Smodur’s eye, was she no exception?

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:46 AM

Upon reaching the docks, canopied under willow trees that kept even the rising sun at bay, her suspicions were confirmed. A pair of Seraph were hauling off what looked to be a worse-for-wear bandit - but the third stood talking to a petite, pale individual. With a surprised trill, Larrka realized she recognized the sylvari. Oh, she was gonna claw her student to bits, if the officer didn’t do it first. She definitely knew better than to ignore orders. She padded up, ears back and eyes locked on the small sylvari.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:47 AM

“But I was here, so shouldn’t I have helped?” she was asking to the very tired looking Seraph. He sighed, rubbing his temples as he spoke for what sounded like must’ve been the dozenth time.

“My men had the situation under control. You placed yourself at unnecessary risk, and-”

“I can take it from here,” Larrka rumbled, stepping up to tower over the sylvari. The Seraph merely nodded in relief, but the sylvari turned around, startled. Sure enough, Ebonyria stared back at her.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:47 AM

“Oh, lieutenant!” she said, Pact title slipping off her practiced tongue. “There you are. I was just-”

“Just making me wait for you?” Larrka asked, adding a little growl for good measure. Ebony shrank a little bit, but Larrka didn’t feel bad. She knew what the girl could take - they’d been in Maguuma together, scorch it! “Come on. We’re running late, and we have a lot to do today.” She gave a curt nod to the Seraph, who gave a quick salute in return. She started moving back up the trail without waiting.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:50 AM

“He was right, you know,” she said, glancing back as they passed through the market. Sure enough, Ebony was trailing close behind her, still looking a bit meek. “Your intentions were good, sprout, but this isn’t your territory to be jumping in without asking.” Ebony seemed to frown at that.

“How are my intentions right, but not my actions?” She asked, seeming to pick words carefully in her puzzlement. Good. “And aren’t people like us always jumping into fights?”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:50 AM

“Not inside the Landing,” Larrka said with a swish of her tail. “The Seraph have a good hold here, and they can more than handle one measly little bandit after some fish.” Ebony gave a little hum, so quiet it would have been lost to duller ears. She was listening. “You need to learn to gauge a situation. Are you needed? Will you be of help, or simply another stick added to the fire? These are important things to know before throwing yourself into a fight.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/15/2018 3:52 AM

“Now,” Larrka stopped at the entrance of the northern bridge, where she had been waiting for the girl before. “That’s enough on that. As you know, I’m Magister Larrka Maplethorn, and I’ve been assigned as your mentor through the Priory.” Ebony nodded, already looking perkier. “Delays aside, today we are going to be working with a skritt scratch. Have you had any experience with skritt in the past?”

“A few,” she said, twisting her fingers together as she thought. “Back in New Skrittington.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..