The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

A Heated Hike (Open!)

Postby Remedy » 01/05/2014 9:44 PM

ImageImage

The winds whistled through the mountain range, rustling up music from the sparse vegetation and disturbing loose sand from stop rocky outcroppings.  The sun was barely surpassing the horizon to the east, slowly racing it's way upward in a daily struggle.  the clouds were sparse, appearing only where they wrapped around the peak of the mountain.  This particular mountain was the ideal image of nature's proud innocence, standing tall as it overlooked the Lands below.  In it's pristine, natural state, it was left untouched and unconquered by man.

Until now.

Two young folks, both alike in age, slowly approached the base of the mountain.  One, tall and lanky with a mess of ginger hair upon his head, lead the other on an undrawn path.  Step after step, they touched rock untouched by any other human before.  It was exhilarating.

"I reckon we'll be at the base within an hour," the leader, Oscar Leyton, commented to the young man behind him.  "Then we c'n set up the base camp, and prop'uly map out where we's wantin to go."  His accent was thick and his speech gave the impression of someone uneducated, but the man knew what he was talking about.  For years he grew up by these mountains, and for years he longed to conquer them.  Every day he'd studied and trained his body to raise his mental and physical endurance as he searched desperately for someone who might accompany him on his journey.  Finally, he met a runaway city man, Riley Everill, who was just crazy enough to come along.

"Yes sir," the Riley commented, slightly winded be their efforts already.  He was light blonde-headed and pale; he had the appearance of a very pampered young man.  He returned to his silence, listening intently to the surrounding music of nature.  

Oscar chuckled, deep and hearty.  "S'no need for formality here, we ain't around your civilized city folk no more," he commented teasingly as they continued on.  "That is where you came from, yah?  The big ol' city?"

"Yes sir."

"Ya sure don't say much, do ya?"

"No sir."

More laughter filled the country air around them before befalling, once again, to the sweet sounds of silence.  The leader merely shrugged it off, not wishing to press any further.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate